Ch.08 - Dummy & Sunny

Just Another TaeNy Story

It was here. Christmas passed by a little too quickly. The first five days of the winter were over, Taeyeon had already solved all of the Physics problems, she spent the most boring Christmas ever and now she was standing at the train station, waiting for Sunny.

She was never too nervous when meeting new people, but she still felt a bit shaky. She started to walk back and forth just to calm down a little bit, checking clock like every second.

The people around must be thinking I’m crazy. Why are all of them on the other side? A-am I on the right platform?

Taeyeon looked at the info board, but it was broken or simply switched off. She took a deep breath and exhaled. Then the train station radio started.

“Train number 458 from Daegu is coming to the platform number three.”

“Oh damn!” Taeyeon freaked out. Of course she messed up the platform. She quickly ran to the underpass. She thought of running across the railway, but since she has a problem with not getting hit by a car, she decided not to risk getting hit by a freaking train.

She quickly ran to the correct platform. She didn’t even have to rush that much. But she could already see the train. It was coming closer and closer. It was here.

The train stopped. Taeyeon knew Sunny was at the very back, so she nervously started to walk towards the end of the train. She watched the door open. First some old lady got off the train. Then some young couple. And then… some really tiny person. Sunny.

Taeyeon rubbed the back of her neck before looking at her and going towards her. Sunny was smiling. Taeyeon was too. They both quickened their pace. A few more steps. Three, two, one…

“Oh my gosh!” Taeyeon said in disbelieve as they hugged.

They let go of each other and said hi. Taeyeon knew what Sunny looked like since they Skype called before, but there was one thing that really surprised her. She noticed Sunny was wearing heels, but still…

“You are so short,” she said with a chuckle.

Sunny stopped walking, looked at Taeyeon, obviously not very pleased with the remark.

“Seriously? You knew I was short!”

“Well, yeah, I know, but… this short? A-ah, okay, okay,” Taeyeon said quickly. Then she giggled. This is going to work. Yes, it is.

 

 

Taeyeon and Sunny had a lot of fun right from the start. They were very alike, so they were getting along really well. Not that that was somehow surprising, they knew they had had a lot in common even before.

They ended up in Taeyeon’s bed the very first evening. They were watching a Thai lesbian movie. And they were watching it from bed, because in Taeyeon’s room it was the only place where they could comfortably sit.

“I'm really not a tom, I'm a girl.” “Uhm, a girl? A girl like this? Oh, so feminine... Look at your face, hair, style, personality, body.... “

“I'm really not a tom, I'm a girl.” “Uhm, a girl? A girl like this? Oh, so feminine... Look at your face, hair, style, personality, body.... “

Taeyeon looked at Sunny, half irritated half amused. “I know you really like the movie, but could you please stop quoting every single line?”

“I’m sorry, I’m sorry,” Sunny said with a chuckle, her eyes fixed on the screen. She kept mumbling the sentences with the characters though.

“Seriously, you!” Taeyeon laughed. It was kind of irritating, but cute at the same time. On the other side, Sunny was really cute as a whole.

“Okay, okay.”

Taeyeon could see, Sunny was having hard time not to quote the movie, but managed to remain silent for quite a long time. Then she suddenly started to giggle.

“Oh, and could you please stop laughing before that funny thing actually happens?” Taeyeon asked.

“I’m sorry, okay? It’s just really hard when I know that a hilarious thing is going to follow.”

Taeyeon sighed. She gave up this fight. She already realized she has no chance to win. She decided to try to ignore Sunny’s spoilers and stuff and just focus on the movie. She was enjoying it. She was in fact enjoying the entire day. She was pretty positive the upcoming… five days or so would be similarly cool.

They finished the movie and just stayed in the bed. They ended up doing pretty much nothing, just lying, talking about random stuff. Before they even realized it, it was almost 4AM.

“We should get some sleep, shouldn’t we?” Taeyeon said.

Sunny just cutely nodded.

“We can both stay here,” Taeyeon said, referring to her bed. It wasn’t big, it was rather small, but two people could possibly sleep there.

“Okay,” Sunny agreed.                                    

“Okay,” Taeyeon smiled. “So good night.”

“Good night.”

 

 

Time was flying by fast to Taeyeon in Sunny’s company. Most of the time they were just lazying around, watching movies, playing games, chatting with people, occasionally going out to get some food or something. Before Taeyeon could even realize it, the New Year was here.

She and Sunny, they watched movie. As every day. It kind of became a habit. It was nice. Taeyeon was really happy she found such a good friend. They shared a very cute friendship. And the best thing of all was the one that it indeed was just a friendship. A very nice one. It was actually kind of weird, they basically knew each other just for a few days, yet they were very comfortable with each other. Hugging and touching didn’t feel awkward at all, it was quite an interesting experience for Taeyeon. It completely made her forget about Tiffany, Sunmi and all of those freaking problems she had.

The midnight was coming closer, the year was reaching its end. There were a few minutes left already actually. Sunny really didn’t like fireworks and all that stuff for some reason, Taeyeon didn’t exactly know why, she just knew it had something to do with her early childhood. But Taeyeon didn’t ask for details, she never really did. Anyways, Taeyeon still managed to persuade her to watch the fireworks at least from far away. She herself couldn’t really imagine a New Year without a firework.

 The midnight was getting closer and the two girls prepared their nonalcoholic champagne since neither was a huge fan of consuming alcohol.

“It’s almost here,” Taeyeon said, looking at the clock.

Sunny just nodded, excited.

10…9…8…7…6…5…4…3…2…1.

“Waaah! Happy New Year!” Taeyeon said, trying hard to open the bottle and failing just as hard. “Oh god, this thing just won’t open!”

“Should I- Should I try?” Sunny offered.

“Yes, please,” Taeyeon exhaled, resigning.

Sunny laughed and managed to open the bottle basically immediately.

“Woo, happy New Year!” they both cheered again and poured the drink into their glasses before drinking.

Taeyeon coughed. “Ugh, that’s so… ew,” she said. The champagne was full of chemical stuff and it could be tasted.

“Yeah,” Sunny agreed, but drank it anyways.

“Now let’s get dressed! Let’s go to watch fireworks!” Taeyeon then said enthusiastically.

Sunny sighed, obviously not that excited. “Okay… Let’s go,” she said then. Taeyeon smiled. She was very happy and glad that Sunny agreed to accompany her, even though she disliked fireworks.

“Yay!” she cheered, already putting on her shoes.

Sunny did the same and a few second later they were already running towards the city center, hand in hand, to make it on time. And they did.

They arrived just when the main firework was about to start.

“It’s here!” Taeyeon said happily. She felt Sunny letting go of her hand and hugging her from behind. Wait, that’s so wrong, she won’t be able to see a thing.

“Hey, no, what are you trying to do? You’re too short for that, let’s switch,” she suggested jokingly. Sunny didn’t protest, she was probably a bit freaked out by the noise, and they just did as Taeyeon said.

They watched the firework quietly, just enjoying it, like everybody else around them. There were many people around. So many, Taeyeon didn’t even notice somebody was watching them. A beautiful person on the outside, but with sadness in her eyes. A person that was supposed to spend New Year with her best friend, but her best friend was too much of a sleepyhead, fell asleep before midnight and couldn’t be woken up. So the other girl just decided to watch the firework herself, since her older sister was busy as well and her father said he was too tired to go outside. Instead she ended up watching two girls, obviously having a good time. Two girls and she knew one of them. And for some reason she was upset about seeing it. She kept watching them, biting her lip. Seconds passed, minutes passed.

“Damn it…” the girl mumbled then before walking away.

 

 

The following day Taeyeon woke up quite late, it was almost noon. Sunny was still next to her, sleeping soundly. It was her last day in Seoul as she was leaving the following day. That was making Taeyeon a bit sad on one hand, but on the other hand at least she could easily go to that school party with no regrets. She wasn’t exactly sure if she was happy about it though. She wasn’t exactly sure if she wants to go there. She shook her head to get rid of those heavy thoughts. She will go there and she will do whatever she has. She hated it. But she was that selfish. She was willing to humiliate Tiffany for her own good. Wasn’t she? She wasn’t so sure. She knew she would hate herself for it. But she was too concerned with her own well-being to care about a girl she barely knew. Was she? She used to not care at all about Tiffany, but she wasn’t exactly sure if that was still the case. This whole thing was kind of bugging her since she found out the girl sleeping with Donghae was actually Yura. But she asked Tiffany about it and she admitted it. Taeyeon was damn confused, why would Tiffany lie about it? Why? That was just so damn weird.

Taeyeon was fighting with herself about finishing this whole thing. But well… it’s not like she wanted to get bullied for the rest of the high school… on the other hand, there were just around four months end till the very end of it.

She sighed and looked at Sunny, who was still sleeping. Then she got up, sat on the chair, took her laptop and switched it on to check the news, Facebook and stuff.

She wasn’t really surprised to see a one new message on Facebook, she automatically assumed it was her brother, wishing her a Happy New Year or maybe Yoona or Yuri.

She clicked it and was really very surprised to see the sender’s name.

Tiffany Hwang.

Maybe she wishes me a Happy New Year, Taeyeon thought as that was the only thing that came to her mind.

 

Tiffany Hwang 7:52AM

“Are you finished with the physics?”

 

Taeyeon chuckled bitterly. What was she thinking… Seriously, what kind of douche are you, Tiffany? she thought, half serious. Who just asks about school project on the very first day of the year? And actually at 8 o’clock in the morning?

Taeyeon could see Tiffany was still online, so she decided to reply. And she also decided to rise above it and stay cool.

 

Kim Taengoo 11:57AM       

“Yes, I am :) Happy New Year.”

 

Then she tapped her fingers against the lap top, waiting. It took Tiffany quite long to reply, but she eventually did.

 

Tiffany Hwang 12:05PM

“Good. To you too.”

 

Taeyeon let out a frustrated groan. “What is wrong with you, woman?!” she complained aloud, then quickly shutting up realizing it might woke Sunny up. But Sunny had no reaction at all.

Taeyeon was thinking if she should try to send Tiffany another message, but then she decided not to risk it. Obviously Tiffany wasn’t in an exactly great mood and Taeyeon was sure curious why. She kept hesitating for a little more, then Sunny woke up.

“Good morning,” she greeted sleepily.

“Good morning,” Taeyeon greeted back.

“What are you doing?” Sunny asked.

“Mhm… nothing,” Taeyeon said and closed the lap top. “Nothing. There is this party tomorrow, I don’t know if I should go,” she admitted then at least half of the truth.

“You definitely should! I mean… if you are hesitating then go,” Sunny said. “Why wouldn’t you?”

“Ahh, you know, same old problems, people getting drunk everywhere, throwing up all over each other, making out in the corner… it’s really annoying. It’s not really that kind of entertainment I enjoy,” Taeyeon explained.

“I understand that,” Sunny nodded. “But you can at least stop by, you know, you don’t really have anything to lose, maybe it’ll be fun. If not, you can just always go back home.”

“That’s… true I guess. Sounds logical,” Taeyeon agreed after a few seconds of thinking. “I will think about a little more.”

“Okay, your decision, but I’m telling you to go,” Sunny smiled.

 

 

They ended up having late lunch with Yuri that day. Yuri ate just a soup, which was a bit unusual. She said it was because she wants to lose the weight she gained during the Christmas, but Taeyeon got a feeling Yuri was having a hangover. Apparently Yuri spent her the precious night in a gay club and overdid it a bit.

Taeyeon was seriously annoyed by the fact everybody her age was getting drunk. Do just all teenagers have to do that?

“You shouldn’t have got drunk yesterday,” Taeyeon said as she was slowly eating her food.

“I already told you I just wanted to lose some weight,” Yuri frowned.

“Okay okay… but you look a bit pale…” Taeyeon continued.

“Lack of sleep,” Yuri answered swiftly.

Taeyeon chuckled and looked at Sunny who thought exactly the same thing Taeyeon did.

“Suuuure,” they both said at the same time and laughed.

“I am serious,” Yuri said. “I didn’t get drunk yesterday, I’m gonna get drunk tomorrow at the party.”

“How lovely,” Taeyeon answered. “Please don’t go near me once you’re there. I will probably just hang out with Seohyun or… somebody… sober. Anybody sober actually.”

“Oh, you’re going?” Yuri asked.

“Yes, I am,” Taeyeon nodded and Sunny smiled at her, happy Taeyeon decided to have a little of a social life for once.

“It’s in the club across the street, some of our rich classmates rented out the whole thing… There is a nice hotel next to it… I just can’t wait,” Yuri smirked.

“Ugh, ew, seriously, you…” Taeyeon shook her head. As much as she loved Yuri, this was just something she would never agree with. This lifestyle was just gross to her. But as long as Yuri doesn’t drag her into it… whatever, it was none of Taeyeon’s business. “Please don’t get the clap.”

“Oh please,” Yuri shrugged it off. “It’s not like I’m gonna have with… I don’t know… Jessica Jung or somebody like that.”

That made Taeyeon chuckle. “You’re making it sound like she is sleeping with everybody. I don’t think Jessica Jung has an STD.”

“Well, maybe not, but she definitely has a sleeping sickness and maybe that defines as an STD as well. I don’t know, but I sure don’t wanna get it.”

“No it doesn’t,” Sunny said.

“What are you? A doctor? A biologist?” Yuri asked her.

“Well, kind of actually, I study biology and chemistry,” Sunny laughed and Yuri pouted.

“Oh really?”

“Yes, really. And even if I wasn’t, I believe every kid in elementary school knows sleeping sickness isn’t an STD.”

“Mhm, interesting… well, don’t be offended, but I am still not gonna take that risk,” Yuri concluded.

“Okay. Whatever.”

 

 

The following day was Sunny’s last day in Seoul. Taeyeon was kind of sad, because of… just the situation in general. Sunny was leaving in a two hours, the party was that evening, Taeyeon was kind of stressed out because of it. The two girls were lying in bed, just talking, enjoying their last moments together. It was almost 10PM, the train for Daegu was leaving at 12AM.

Taeyeon sighed. “I’m really worried about tonight,” she admitted. Not that Sunny hadn’t figured it out already. She could see Taeyeon was obviously really nervous about the whole thing since the day before.

“It’s gonna be okay. Are you planning to do something about the bet? Is that why you are freaking out so much?” Sunny immediately guessed the truth. Taeyeon told her about the so called bet as well. She trusted her, she had no reason not to say, but it would be too humiliating for her to admit it was a freaking bullying. Taeyeon kind of hated herself for not being able to face Sunmi and just stand up to her. She hated herself for not being able to tell anybody about all that crap happening to her, but that was simply her. Keeping stuff for herself.

“Yes, I actually am,” Taeyeon said then.

“What are you planning to do?” Sunny asked, obviously curious.

“I don’t know yet, but something huge I guess, I will decide once I’m there. But I will definitely try hard to do something… Well… if I’m brave enough,” she added then with a bitter chuckle.

“Well… good luck with everything,” Sunny said as she stood up and started to slowly pack her things.

“Thank you, thanks a lot,” Taeyeon sighed and slowly sat up as well. “Is it already time to get ready?”

“Yes, I think so,” Sunny said as she continued packing.

“Okay then… Ahhh, I don’t want you to go,” Taeyeon whined.

“Naah, we will see each other soon,” Sunny said. “You will come to visit me, won’t you?”

“Of course I will!” Taeyeon said immediately. “We will see each other in a few months again! I wish it could be sooner though.”

“Yeah, me too, but better late than never.”

“That’s true,” Taeyeon smiled. “That’s true…”

 

 

“I am not going there alone, you have to go with me, Jessi,” Tiffany begged her best friend, who seemed to want sleep all day long instead of going some kind of stupid party. They were alone in Tiffany’s apartment. It’s been a day since Tiffany’s father returned to the USA after the Christmas and the New Year, her sister was still in town, but she went to see some old friends.

“I really don’t wanna,” Jessica mumbled, lying on Tiffany’s bed, half awake, half gone to the dreamland. Tiffany was sitting at the edge, shaking her best friend.

“Pleeeasseee, pretty please?” Tiffany pouted. She hated using aegyo, but she was pretty sure it could help her persuade Jessica. Not because Jessica would think it’s cute, but because she would be so annoyed she would agree to make Tiffany stop doing it.

“Ugh, gosh, why do you even wanna go so badly?” Jessica asked, opening her eyes and looking at Tiffany. Jessica looked pissed, but she always did, so Tiffany wasn’t really concerned about it, she was used to this attitude.

“I don’t know,” Tiffany shrugged.

“Is it once again that stupid game of yours? You have to go there to keep your… let’s say… social… status?” Jessica asked, raising her eyebrow.

“I know you don’t agree with what I am doing, but it’s kind of important to me, to keep it, you know… firstly it took me a while to get where I am right now and secondly… I just wanna survive high school,” Tiffany explained.

“You are wasting too much energy on that crap,” Jessica stated. “It took you a while to turn yourself into a… you know…”

“Yes, I know,” Tiffany frowned.

“Well…” To Tiffany’s surprise, Jessica sat up on the bed and looking into the latter’s eyes.

“Well?”

“Tell me, honestly… Are you happy like this? You know…”

Tiffany broke the eye contact. “I…I… I don’t know, I just know I’m happier than I would be if the situation was different,” she shrugged.

Jessica had a suspicious look in her eyes. She obviously wasn’t as convinced about this thing as Tiffany was. “Are you sure?” she asked then.

Tiffany sighed. “… No.”

 

 

“Let me know once you are back home, okay?” Taeyeon told Sunny as she hugged her while saying goodbye at the train station. There were quite a lot of people around, some of them were looking at them, obviously having a good time.

“Everybody here thinks we are cute,” Sunny whispered quietly.

“Yes, because we are,” Taeyeon laughed and so did Sunny.

“Yeah.”

“But seriously, text me or something, okay?”

“Sure thing. Maybe I will text you a bit sooner though. Maybe. Depends if I will be awake, I will probably take a nap, unless there’s some hot chick sitting next to me,” Sunny joked.

Taeyeon laughed. “You wish,” she said.

“I will go put my stuff inside already, I will come back, just wait a minute,” Sunny said, took her luggage and entered the train. Taeyeon sighed and just waited.

Sunny returned in a few seconds.

“So? Is there a hot chick sitting next to you?” Taeyeon asked immediately.

Sunny shrugged. “There is some kind of chick sitting next to me, I guess, judging the girlish backpack on the seat next to mine, but I don’t know if she’s hot,” she said.

“You better let me know if she is,” Taeyeon ordered.

“Of course I will,” Sunny laughed. “How much time do I have?” she asked one of the train staff.

“About a minute, I suggest you to go inside already,” the young man replied, smiling politely.

“Okay, so… have a nice journey,” Taeyeon wished with a smile.

“Thank you, I will text you and see you soon!” Sunny waved as she entered the train.

“See you!” Taeyeon waved back and watched the door of the train close.

Sunny went to her seat and sat down. She was looking out of the window until she noticed somebody going her direction. She looked at the person. It was a girl, really tall and really pretty. She sat down right next to Sunny’s seat. Sunny’s eyes sparkled.

“Oh, hi, you will be sitting next to me for the time of the journey?” she asked, kind of excited.

“I guess so, I’m going all the way to Daegu,” the girl smiled stunningly.

“You are? Great, me too, I live there,” Sunny said.

“That’s nice. I’m from Seoul, but I’m going there for the weekend, to visit my grandparents,” the girl kept smiling.

“Oh, where do they live? I’m Sunny by the way.” Sunny extended her hand and the girl accepted it.

“Sooyoung. Choi Sooyoung.”

 

 

A/N: As I promised, updated a bit sooner :)

This chapter feels a bit weird... >.< But... look forward to the next one, that one is gonna be epic :D Okay, maybe not epic, but I am trying, okay :) You can expect some breaking TaeNy moment ;)

Thanks to everybody for reading & commenting & subscribing and all :)

Love you~~