Ch.02 - Coincidence?

Just Another TaeNy Story

Taeyeon considered the following day a lucky one. She arrived to school earlier than Sunmi, so they didn’t meet. Yuri arrived at time as well, which was quite a surprise for Taeyeon.

“What are you doing here? Second day in row and actually not late?” she wondered.

“Hey, you’re saying it like I’m never at school,” Yuri complained.

“Uhm, maybe because that’s actually true? We discuss it every time!” Taeyeon argued.

“True, you got a point. I’m not here to study. Firstly, I want my keys back. Secondly, I wanna see what happens once Sunmi finds out about Donghae cheating on her,” Yuri smirked. “And I don’t have anyone to spend my mornings with. Unless you wanna sleep with me.”

“Uh, no not, really, thank you,” Taeyeon refused. Sure, Yuri was hot, Yuri was her friend, they were both lesbians, but she was determined to lose her ity to a person she really loved. Though deep inside she was actually willing to actually consider the possibility of sleeping with Yuri. She thought that sleeping with Yuri is better than dying a , so… Maybe once. Why not. But definitely not now. Taeyeon still had time and Yuri was… too… promiscuous. She was like a gay version of Tiffany Hwang.

“Okay,” Yuri shrugged, acting like she just asked Taeyeon if she wants a chewing gum. It was Yuri’s thing. She didn’t mind talking about anything, asking about anything, having with anybody. Almost. There was an exception or two. One of them was…

“Doesn’t Jessica Jung piss you off?” she asked suddenly.

“No, not really. I barely know she’s here,” Taeyeon said.

“That’s the thing. She sleeps all day and yet manages to pass the tests with perfect score. She never takes notes, she never studies,” Yuri said.

Taeyeon looked at her, confused. “So she’s a genius, I guess, who cares? Why does it even bother you? You never care about others.”

“I don’t know,” Yuri admitted. “She simply… pisses me off. Her face, her hair, every part of her does.”

“Ignore her, Yuri, just ignore her,” Taeyeon said.

“I will… oh, check this out, our is here,” Yuri said and Taeyeon looked towards the door. Tiffany Hwang entered the classroom.

She was exceptionally beautiful. But that was pretty much it. In Taeyeon’s eyes, she was quite a mystery. Everybody knew she was super rich and kind of… easy. But nobody knew anything else. She barely talked to anybody, except for Jessica, her best friend… who slept all the time, so… yeah, Tiffany didn’t really talk. She didn’t seem to mind girls were calling her in her face, she didn’t seem to mind boys were discussing the size of her s, or her loudness in bed. She was… a complete mystery. But only for Taeyeon. Nobody else seemed to be thinking about it. Not that Taeyeon was. Just from time to time, it crossed her mind. Who that girl actually is?

“Seriously, where’s Sunmi? Wanna see the drama! She’s supposed to be in this class!” Yuri groaned as the school bell announced the beginning of the lesson.

“Who knows,” Taeyeon shrugged. She sure wasn’t upset that Sunmi didn’t show up. She was actually more than happy about it. She didn’t care about the reason, she just loved the fact Sunmi wasn’t there. Maybe she was ill with some horrible disease that would stop her from going to school until the graduation? Okay, Taeyeon told herself, that thoughts like this were kind of mean, but on the other hand… it was Sunmi, the mean bully who doesn’t deserve any better.

“Taeyeon unnie, can you help me with Mathematics?” Seohyun came to her desk with her notes.

“Sure,” Taeyeon smiled. She liked Seohyun, she was a good kid. She was very young, she skipped two years because she was genius and Taeyeon was her Math buddy. They often did homework together during breaks or talked about school from time to time.

They discussed De Moivre’s formula, Taeyeon didn’t understand it much but she and Seohyun always managed to figure out the correct solution. When it came to school stuff, Seohyun was an amazing companion.

They spent the break together and then they had to go each to a different class.

Taeyeon had lesson at the other side of the building and she was already late. She ran. And then somebody kicked her shin from the side. Taeyeon tripped and fell on the ground. She managed to extend her arms, so she didn’t hit her face or any other important body part. Just the hands. Still ouch. She looked up to see who did that. She knew beforehand that it must have been either Sunmi or one of her slaves- beat friends. It was Yenny.

Taeyeon stood up and frowned at her. “You. What do you want?” she asked flatly. She was actually quite surprised. She would have never guess Yenny would be brave enough to do something like this when they were alone. Yenny was always the girl with no opinion, she was a coward. Taeyeon knew her, she knew her very well. She knew her more than she wanted to know her. Yenny used to be her best friend. Before they had a huge falling out and Yenny decided to curry favor the principal’s daughter.

“Sunmi sent me.”

“Of course she did,” Taeyeon chuckled. “You never initiated anything, it’s always other people telling you to do something.”

Yenny frowned. “Shut up.”

“Or?” Taeyeon provoked.

Yenny decided to ignore it. “Meet Sunmi in the bathroom on the third floor after the last lesson today. Don’t be late, otherwise…” she threatened.

“Okay, okay, I’ll be there,” Taeyeon agreed. She didn’t really want to go there, but she was afraid the consequences could be a bit harsh, so she should just see what Sunmi needs.

Plus, she needs to give her those tests she had stolen from the principal’s office the previous night.

Both of them started to walk away… the same direction. Taeyeon realized, they’re having a class together.

“You still have the Girls’ Generation albums you wanted to sell?” Taeyeon asked. It seemed like a stupid question to an outsider, but Taeyeon really wanted to know. She herself was a huge Girls’ Generation fan and had a few albums at home. And Yenny, being a complete copycat, just had to have the albums too. Taeyeon highly doubt the girl ever loved Girls’ Generation. She just wanted to be like Taeyeon. Of course, that only lasted until the whole coming out issue and their big fight. Since then, Yenny wanted to be like Sunmi and wanted to be nothing like Taeyeon. And of course, that meant selling the Girls’ Generation albums. Such a pathetic, pathetic girl.

“I do,” Yenny answered expressionlessly.

Taeyeon just shook her head. How can a person be so fake, so stupid?

They didn’t say another word until they entered the class…

 

 

 

“You did great,” Sunmi praised Taeyeon as she looked at the copy of the final test results. “You did really good and to show you I’m not that cruel, I won’t take your money today.”

Something was weird. Sunmi was obviously at school, but she didn’t show up in any class at all. And she had a weird expression on her face. It was different from her usual arrogant smirk. Taeyeon didn’t understand the expression, she would simply call it… blank. Taeyeon stayed mum, she felt that Sunmi wasn’t done with her speech yet and she was right.

“But you will do something else for me,” she said and her expression turned a bit tough. It scared Taeyeon a bit.

“Yes?” she said quietly.

“If you succeed in this, I promise I won’t bother you ever again.”

Taeyeon raised her eyebrows. She was already very interested in this offer. But what the heck could it possibly be that Sunmi was willing to stop terrorizing her?

“But if you fail, it will only get worse,” Sunmi continued.

Taeyeon wondered how much worse it could possibly get. “Okay,” she nodded after a short thinking. “Continue.”

“I assume you already know, the entire school already knows,” Sunmi said grumpily.

Taeyeon suddenly started to have a feeling like she knows what the new mission is going to be about.

“Tiffany Hwang supposedly slept with my boyfriend. I don’t know if it’s truth or not, I don’t care if it’s truth or not,” Sunmi said. “The only thing I care about is that Tiffany and Donghae humiliated me.”

“Okay…” Taeyeon said slowly to tell Sunmi that she still follows.

“I will take care of Donghae myself, but Tiffany Hwang is rich, very rich. I can’t bring her down with my money. And that’s why you’re going to help me completely humiliate her and destroy her reputation,” Sunmi said with a flash of revenge in her eyes.

“I will?” Taeyeon wondered. She never talked to Tiffany Hwang, neither to Jessica, she highly doubt Tiffany even knew she existed.

“Yes. You will. Here’s the thing. We’re gonna make it look like like Tiffany Hwang is gay, just like you,” Sunmi said.

“We… will?”

“Okay, you will,” Sunmi corrected herself, irritated a bit.

“… How?”

“Easily,” Sunmi smiled. “Seduce her, have with her, take a video of it and we’ll post it online,” she said like it was not a big deal. Taeyeon’s jaw dropped.

“The ?!”

“You got a problem with that? I mean, surely it would affect your reputation as well, but… wait, you have none plus everybody knows you’re gay,” Sunmi continued, still with the smile.

“And that’s why you want me to… seduce her. Seduce. Me. Tiffany. Uhuh, sure, you’re crazy Sunmi, you’re ing insane!”

“Shut the up, I have headache,” Sunmi ordered harshly, rubbing her temples.

“How the am I supposed to do that?” Taeyeon asked a bit more quietly.

“I don’t care, okay?” Sunmi said. “Just make her look like a lesbian.”

“Should I drug her or something?”

“I recommend not to, she’s rich, if she found out, you would be in a biiiig trouble. You can do it somehow. I don’t know… but let me tell you, the Justin Bieber and the Brazil model style… it’s not enough. It must be a bit more convincing. Okay?”

“Then how do you think I should do that?” Taeyeon said, looking at Sunmi like she’s insane.

“Like I said, I don’t care. Just use some of your…” Sunmi scanned Taeyeon from head to toe and for a second an expression of disgust crossed her face. “…very, very deeply hidden charm. It would be great if the girl liked to experiment or something. Come on, she’s a , how hard must it be for anybody to her?”

“But… does it really have to be me?” Taeyeon asked carefully, forming a little plan in her head. She was pretty sure Yuri wouldn’t mind seducing Tiffany and she was pretty sure Yuri could actually stand a chance, unlike her.

“If you want me to leave you alone, then yes. It must be you. Coz honestly… the humiliation will be much bigger if it’s you, the stinky Gay-yeon,” Sunmi laughed.

“Great…” Taeyeon mumbled. “Great… consider it done already,” she smiled. She remained quiet for a few seconds and seeing Sunmi has probably nothing left to say, she turned around to walk away. Then Sunmi spoke up once again.

“You have time till the end of this year.”

“WHAAAT?!!”

 

 

 

Taeyeon arrived home, feeling pretty helpless. How the heck is she supposed to seduce the most beautiful, the richest and the most mysterious girl in school? or not, it was definitely a hard task to do.

She didn’t talk with anybody about it. She was thinking about telling her brother, Yuri or Sunny, but ended up keeping this thing to herself. At least for now. She can always tell them later. She always preferred keeping things to herself. She hated bothering others even if the other people wouldn’t think of it as bothering. Taeyeon hated the feeling of getting helped. Maybe it was childish, but she preferred being independent.

And she was pretty sure she… okay, she highly doubt she could do this. But she had a huge determination. The motivation of Sunmi finally leaving her alone was just too big. She doesn’t even have to have with Tiffany. She just has to make it look like it. Ahem… not like that was any easier for her…

 

 

 

How to approach a person you never talked to without being the most awkward thing ever for dummies.

That’s what a book Taeyeon needed at the moment would be called.

Of course, Yuri skipped school the following day, so Taeyeon didn’t have anybody to discuss it with. She probably wouldn’t ask Yuri for help anyways. That way, she would have to tell her the whole truth, because once Yuri started to ask, she never stopped, she was like The Little Prince. So maybe it was for the best, that Yuri was absent once again. But what to do?

‘Just do something, Kim Taeyeon,’ Taeyeon thought. She stood up, determined. She turned around, looked at Tiffany and literally felt all of her determination leaving her body. She looked down and fell back on the chair.

She was a little bit too desperate. She took her bottle with coke and shook it hard. “Gah!” she tried hard not to curse. She rubbed her temples. Then a school bell announced the beginning of the lesson. Taeyeon let out a groan and buried her face in her palms.

She was completely lost.

The teacher came and Taeyeon, still thinking about any possible way how to approach Tiffany, blankly grabbed her bottle with coke and opened it, wanting to ease the scratching in . Suddenly the coke started to spray everywhere.

“AH!” Taeyeon shrieked. “Oh my god!” she immediately stood up as half of the coke ended up on her shirt and half of it on the desk.

The teacher just shook her head at the sight. “Are you kidding me, Taeyeon?” she asked.

“I apologize, Miss Kang, I’ll clean it right away,” Taeyeon said, bowing her head.

“No, you will do it after the lesson,” the teacher said, already fully decided. “You can sit back there, there’s and empty desk next to… Where is Jessica?”

“Probably overslept,” Tiffany answered to the teacher as she was sitting next to Jessica’s empty seat.

“Ah well, that’s not really what I would call breaking news. So I guess we won’t be seeing her for the rest of the day or at least for the rest of the lesson, so Taeyeon, you can sit there. It’s for the best, that Jessica isn’t here, it doesn’t matter if she sleeps home or here and at least I don’t have to look at that annoyed face of her every time I tell her not to sleep here,” the teacher finished her rant and then pointed at Jessica’s seat, looking at Taeyeon, showing her to sit there.

Taeyeon took her stuff and slowly started to walk towards the seat next to Tiffany. She kind of couldn’t believe her… luck. Is this luck? Probably yes.

Taeyeon slowly seated down and peeked at Tiffany. She seemed… nice and she was beautiful as always, yet she seemed so unapproachable. Taeyeon wondered how all the boys who slept with her managed to do that. Tiffany seemed very distanced. Then Taeyeon remembered something her mom said. ‘The quiet ones are the wildest ones.’

That must be Tiffany’s case. She’s a cute little girl, isn’t she?

Taeyeon realized she’s staring too much and looked away for a second and started to pay attention to the teacher for a moment. Then she looked at Tiffany again. She opened , but no words came out for a while.

“Hi,” she said then.

Awkward.

ing. Awkward.

Tiffany stopped taking notes, clearly confused. She looked around, probably to make sure Taeyeon was talking to her. Their eyes met.

Taeyeon blushed. It was sooo awkward.

“Hi,” Tiffany said then back hesitatingly.

Awkward.

“H-how are you?” Taeyeon stuttered a bit. She’s so gonna fail this task. And so hard.

Awkward silence.

“I’m sorry,” Tiffany said. “Do you need anything?” she asked.

“No! I-I mean…” Taeyeon touched the back of her neck. She cleared before slowly continuing. “It’s our last year and we have never really talked. I think it’s a pity,” she said. She was quite impressed of herself. That actually didn’t sound that stupid. Not that it made the atmosphere less awkward. Or well, actually… maybe it did a bit. No, not really. Tiffany still looked highly uncomfortable and Taeyeon sure felt horrible as well.

“I’m fine,” Tiffany answered simply and started to take notes again.

Taeyeon was dying because of the awkwardness. How does a person seduce this girl? How?!

She was thinking hard. In her head she replayed zillion different things she could possibly say and then she was thinking about Tiffany’s possible reactions. The time was unrelentingly passing by. Minutes passed.

I need to say something.

I need to say something smart.

I need to say something.

The school bell was about to ring soon and that would mean Taeyeon has to return to her original seat.

, Kim Taeyeon, just say something, anything!

“So… Tiffany… I saw you ing Donghae the other day at school,” Taeyeon blurted out.

Tiffany looked at her, obviously shocked.

Taeyeon covered as she realized what she just said.

The school bell rang.

“You freak!” Tiffany yelled at her, stood up from her chair and walked away.

….. Uhm, okay… maybe you shouldn’t have said anything at all…

 

 

 

Since that moment, Taeyeon saw Tiffany as an even more unapproachable person. She made the situation much, much worse. Great job, Kim Taeyeon, just great job.

“Yuri, do you think you could help me pick up Tiffany Hwang?” Taeyeon asked two days later, when Yuri appeared in school.

Yuri was just drinking.

“WHHHAAAT?!” she spat all of the water. “What?” she repeated a bit more quietly, wiping and then the wet desk, with her sleeve. “Why?”

“You don’t need to know, but I’m desperate!” Taeyeon said.

“You. Want to pick up her,” Yuri said, pointing at Tiffany secretly. Then she cleared .

“I love you, Taeng, but honestly… she’s ing out of your league! I mean yeah, she sleeps with everybody, but she’s straight as uncooked spaghetti!”

“Thanks for the support, Yuri, thank,” Taeyeon said grumpily and just lied on the desk, desperate. But at least Sunmi started to ignore her since their bathroom talk. That was unexpected. But Taeyeon sure loved it.

“I’m just being honest, you know. Why her? Why do you want to pick up her?” Yuri asked, confused.

“It’s… it’s a bet,” Taeyeon lied quickly.

Yuri opened , but no words were spoken for a few seconds as she was trying hard to say something that wouldn’t insult Taeyeon. But no, there was no way how to express her feelings without insults. “Are you a ing ? Why would you accept a bet that you cannot win?” she asked in disbelieve then.

“Yes, I am a ing . Can you please help me?” Taeyeon begged.

Yuri looked at Tiffany, who was sitting at the very back, next to sleeping Jessica, and sighed. “I don’t know, Taeyeon, I really don’t. I don’t think even I would be able to seduce her and I’m the hot one out of the two of us,” Yuri shook her head.

“But you will try to help me, won’t you?” Taeyeon whined.

Yuri breathed out. “Okay… I’ll see what I can do.”

 

 

 

“How’s it going?” Sunmi asked Taeyeon the following day right before the school. She was already waiting for her to arrive. Taeyeon wasn’t really happy to tell her that she’s failing hard to far. That she managed to talk with Tiffany only once and that the little talk was a complete disaster.

“I’m… progressing I guess,” Taeyeon lied with a smile.

“Glad to hear that,” Sunmi said, patting Taeyeon’s shoulder. “Good job, dwarf, good job, keep it up.”

“Sure I will,” Taeyeon said and walked away.

She was late for physics. And it was a project day. Taeyeon hoped she’s not too late, she hoped to be paired up with Yuri and not with somebody else. That’s why she couldn’t be late.

She entered the class. She was lucky, the teacher wasn’t there yet. Taeyeon realized Yuri was absent.

“Oh crap, whom will I get paired up with now?” she cursed quietly as she sat down.

Then the teacher entered the classroom. The class greeted him by standing up.

“Sit down, kids,” he said and waved the golf club he was holding. Yes. A golf club. “As all of you know, I will introduce you today your new biweekly project,” he said and put an egg on his desk. Yes. An egg.

Taeyeon sighed. This will be another crazy project. Their physics teacher was one of the crazy professors who clearly had nothing better to do than creating weird projects. But the entire class was trying to be very successful with it, because those who came up with the best project didn’t have to do another one for two months. And of course, everybody wanted that.

“As all of you know, egg is a very fragile thing. Even the slightest hit might break it. There’s no doubt that a hit with a golf club would smash it,” the teacher said and swung the golf club, pretending to hit a ball, or in this case, an egg. “This time, my dearest kids, you’re task will be to hit an egg with a golf club without cracking it.”

“What? That’s stupid,” Yoochun said from the very back.

“In your eyes it might be stupid, but I think, it could be fun!” the teacher exclaimed excited. “You are allowed to do anything with the egg, but you can’t do anything with the golf club,” he said.

Taeyeon sighed. Indeed, a stupid project, as always.

“Is there a person who doesn’t have a partner? Who’s absent today?”

Taeyeon involuntarily raised her hand.

“Oh, great, two people are missing, so they will unfortunately have to catch up later. Heh…” the teacher chuckled, earning a weird looks from all of the students. “What a surprise, the missing people are Kwon Yuri and Jessica Jung. Well, they Back w will get paired up together once they show up. In Kwon Yuri’s case IF she shows up. Her attendance in my classes is disastrous.”

“Her attendance in every class is disastrous,” Taeyeon said.

“Taeyeon, once you talk to her, tell her to start attending my classes, otherwise to look for another high school. And since she’s absent today, you will be paired up with Tiffany.”

Taeyeon eyes widened. Oh… that’s right… he said Jessica was absent. Which leaves Tiffany alone. Oh… Oh.

 

 

A/N: So back with chapter 2 a bit earlier than I actually planned :) Hope you liked it :)

Expect TaeNy in the next chapter and I will be slowly revealing more about Tiffany :P So look forward to it :)

Anyways, I have nothing much to say, feel free to ask me anything you wanna know, I will reply as long as it doesn't spoil the story :)

So thank you for reading & comments, I can't believe this fic already reached over 100 subscribers ♥____♥ I love you guys!