Ch.21 - Tough Love

Just Another TaeNy Story

“Mom, I’m gay.”

“…E-Excuse me?”

“I’m gay, I like girls and… actually Tiffany and I are dating.”

“You can’t be serious!”

“Uh, well, I am, I am in love with her.”

“But that’s a sin!”

“… No, Fany, my mom wouldn’t say that, she’s not religious,” Taeyeon said, dropping the act as she and Tiffany were practicing various scenarios of how Taeyeon’s mom could possibly react to the news.

“Oh, okay then… Sorry, that’s something my dad would say. Whatever. I thought of another one, go,” Tiffany said.

Taeyeon took a deep breath. “Mom… I gotta tell you something, I’m gay.”

“Oh… but… what about kids?”

“Wow, good one,” Taeyeon acknowledged. “Uh… well… you can always… adopt a kid. It’s a win win, the kid gains a family and… so do I,” she said then, thinking about her every word.

“That’s okay, but try to be a little more convincing,” Tiffany suggested.

Taeyeon nodded. “Yeah. Maybe.,. mhm, maybe I won’t tell her I’m gay, I have an idea, I’ll just go with…”

 

 

“Mom, I’m seeing somebody,” Taeyeon said that evening to her mother during the dinner. They were alone and nobody was around to disturb them, it was an ideal time.

“Oh, really?” her mom looked at her, kind of surprised. “Who is he? It must be serious, isn’t it? Since you never tell me about your relationships…”

Taeyeon cleared . “Yeahhh, well… Tiffany. I’m dating Tiffany, a girl. And we are quite serious.”

“Oh, okay,” Mrs. Kim smiled. “Bring her over to dinner next week.”

“Uh… What? Okay?” Taeyeon was really confused. “That’s it?”

“Yes, what were you expecting, Taeyeon?” Now her mom seemed as confused as Taeyeon.

“O-okay…” We did not practice this scenario.

 “I don’t care who you date as long as you’re happy and that person treats you right. But I want to get to know her a bit. So bring her over to dinner next Friday, okay?”

Taeyeon grinned, still kind of in disbelieve. “Okay then, I love you, mom.”

“I love you too, Taeyeon. And go to bed early today, you have the audition tomorrow.”

 

 

Dugun dugun. Dugun dugun.

Taeyeon had never been so nervous in her life. felt already soar and her head was spinning. The audition. In front of many singing experts and talented people. She gulped as she knew it was her turn next. She looked at her mom. Tiffany wasn’t present, firstly because she had lesson she needed to attend, secondly because Taeyeon thought it would be awkward to have both mom and girlfriend there since she came out to her mom just yesterday. She knew her mom was okay with it, but still… it would feel weird. But she didn’t really think about that at the moment. She was too stressed out to think about anything.

Suddenly the door to the hell opened. “Miss… Kim Taeyeon,” a young man said as he looked into his notebook.

Taeyeon looked at her mom, silently asking for help, but only getting a supportive smile as an answer. She knew her mom won’t be angry if she fails, but she felt like this was gonna be bad… really bad.

 

 

Taeyeon sighed as she was lying on Tiffany’s bed.

“Oh come on, it couldn’t have been that horrible,” Tiffany nudged her as she was sitting next to her.

“Trust me, it was. I’ve never sung so badly in my entire life. I completely messed up, I didn’t sound good and I even forgot the lyrics,” Taeyeon shook her head, staring on the ceiling.

“You said they would call, so you will see, maybe they will surprise you,” Tiffany tried to comfort her and her fringe.

“They will say no, I really messed up,” Taeyeon groaned.

“I don’t understand what happened, you sing so beautifully,” Tiffany said.

Taeyeon just sighed. “I was too nervous I guess, the stage fright got me.”

Tiffany kissed her forehead. “It’s gonna be fine, you can always audition next time.”

Taeyeon just cutely nodded. “Mom says the same thing.”

“You see, and maybe they won’t reject you. Let’s just wait,” Tiffany smiled.

Taeyeon sat up. “Yeah, maybe. Doubt so. Anyways, I gotta go, I got a text from Yuri, she wants to meet me tonight, she’s having some trouble I guess.”

“Ah, okay. Sure, go help your best friend,” Tiffany nodded and pecked Taeyeon’s lips. “Love you.”

“Love you too,” Taeyeon stood up and waved Tiffany goodbye before leaving her luxurious apartment.

Tiffany bit her lower lip as she thought. Then she checked the clock and quickly counted the time in America before taking her phone and dialing a certain number. She waited for a while before the other side finally answered.

“Halo? Stephanie?”

“Daddy, hi, I need a favor. You still do business with SM Entertainment, right?”

                         

 

“Hey, Taeng, how was your audition?” Yuri asked as soon as she spotted Taeyeon heading her direction. They decided to take a walk around the city and talk.

Taeyeon just shrugged. “Bad. I don’t wanna talk about it,” she added when she noticed how Yuri’s expression changed and how she opened to ask further questions.

“Okay. I will ask you later,” Yuri said, respecting her friend.

“Good, thank you. Now what is your problem?”

“Jessica. Jessica Jung is my ing problem.”

Taeyeon frowned. “Oh really? I thought you loved your new lovey-dovey relationship.”

“I did. At first. But I miss our fights, I miss our bickering and I miss all the excitement. At first being sweet was nice, but then it got boring and to be honest also creepy. Calm Jessica is really scary, it feels like she’s a time bomb,” Yuri said.

Taeyeon slowly nodded. “I agree it is creepy. Jessica shouldn’t be sweet, she should be hostile.”

“Yes! And she doesn’t get angry anymore! Last time I accidentally spilled half of her shampoo and she just shrugged it off saying it was okay, even though I know that thing was really expensive and she got it from abroad. So I am like really confused, she should have been yelling at me at the top of her lungs.”

“What caused that?” Taeyeon questioned.

“I think it’s the book she read. It’s something stupid about how to improve a relationship. I haven’t read it, obviously, so I don’t know what that crap is all about, but it’s totally ruining everything.”

Taeyeon thought for a while. She was glad Yuri got her mind off the messed up audition. “I think she might be passive-aggressive.”

“Passive what?” Yuri looked confused. “What does it mean?”

Taeyeon sighed. “It means you just really need to piss her off. And I have some really amazing idea…”

 

 

“Uhhh, Jessie is going to kill her once she will be able to… if she will be able to actually, it’s a bad bad idea, TaeTae, it might really hurt her, I once saw her eat a cucumber, I’m telling you, I thought she would never stop throwing up. It was really ugly, not to mention disgusting and just no, Taeyeon, please, don’t,” Tiffany begged over the phone as Taeyeon just told her about the thing she and Yuri agreed to do.

“Do you think it could actually kill her?” Taeyeon asked then, actually reconsidering.

“Yes, I actually do, last time she was about to pass out because of vomiting so much.”

“Oh… well… We want her mad at Yuri, not dead. How can anybody be so cucumber intolerant?”

“I really don’t know, it’s Jessica, she’s very… unique. But thank you. I have another idea though, it’s really similar to yours, but it won’t kill her, hopefully.”

“Does it involve cucumbers?”

“Yes.”

“Uh-oh…”

 

 

Jessica was on the edge. She was trying to fall asleep and she was actually having trouble with it. Jessica Jung! Troubles sleeping! That was the sign of something being very very wrong.

 

 

FLASHBACKS

“Look, I’m really so-“

“Can I have your orders?”

Jeeez, stupid waitress, interrupting us right now, when Yuri was about to apologize, Jessica thought as she kept her fake smile and told the waitress her order-

“I’m really sorry!” Yuri said, once the waitress went away.

Jessica suppressed a smirk and then continued with her act. She shook her head. “No, you don’t have to be sorry.”

“I… don’t?” Jessica had hard time keeping her new attitude at the moment. But she should. She needs to keep it up.

“No, I made a mistake too, we should just forget it happened and be happy together, okay?”

C’mon Kwon Idiot, this is when you say something totally romantic that will get me on my knees!

Yuri frowned. She was thinking and really hard, Jessica could totally see it. She thought a smoke might actually start coming out of Yuri’s ears. “O…kay… Why are you… so nice?” she asked then, making Jessica heat up a little. She inhaled deeply, using her nose, wondering why the hell she is dating that idiot and why she is even giving her another chance. Kwon Yuri is just so damn clueless and helpless…

 

 

“Honeyyyyy~ I’m sorry~~”

Jessica put her book aside and looked towards the bathroom door. “What is it?” she asked, already a bit worried. What have you done this time Kwon Yuri?

“I’m so sorry, I didn’t notice… I accidentally dropped your new shampoo, the orange one and I didn’t notice, but it spilled…”

Oh no you ing didn’t!

“W-what?”

“I’m sorry, I know it was expensive…”

Expensive? Just expensive? I paid a fortune for it! I could have buy a car with that money! Kwon Yuri you are so dead!!! Wait… no… no… Keep calm, Jessica, keep calm…

“I-It’s okay.”

“It is?”

“….Yeah.”

 

 

“…”

“You are suspiciously quiet,” Yuri stated, watching Jessica who was just reading the text message she got.

“I just got my phone bill. I know I told you you can use my phone anytime, but… where the hell have you been calling? Czech republic?!”

Yuri looked down. “I’m sorry, I will give you the money,” she mumbled.

Jessica took a few deep breaths. Oh, Kwon Yuri…. Kwon Yuri… how much I wanna yell at you now or maybe even kill you. But no… no… be a better person, Jessica Jung. Just… force a smile or two and say it’s okay… Do it!! Jesus… I can’t do it…

“It’s okay.”

Oh, so I can do it. Good. Jessica Jung, the actress. Nicely done… But how much longer can I tolerate her and not beating the out of her??

END OF FLASHBACKS

 

 

*Ding dong*

Jessica opened her eyes and checked the clock. It was pretty late, who could it be? It could be only one person. Only one person was stupid enough to ring the bell in the middle of the night. Kwon ing idiot Yuri. Jessica was just glad her parents took Krystal camping or whatever, she didn’t really care as long as they were out of town.

She ran- no, wait, she slowly walked downstairs to open the door.

“Ah, Kwon Yuri, what are you doing here this late?” she asked. She was pretty annoyed just by the fact Yuri just showed up, but then she remembered she is a better person now and forced a smile. You can do it, Jessica! She might be stupid and totally useless, but at least she’s hot! That helps!

Yuri was just smiling brightly.

“Hi, I’m really sorry for everything that has been happening lately… “ she started slowly then, making Jessica raise an eyebrow.

“Go on.”

“Uh, yeah, well… I know I’ve been giving you hard time and you’ve been really cool about it all, I just wanna say I am sorry.”

Jessica sighed. Why do you have to be so charming? It’s easier to forgive that way… “That’s fine.”

“It is?”

No, you idiot. I wanna strangle you.

“Yes.”

I’m such an amazing liar. Jessica Jung for the win!

Yuri then leaned in to kiss Jessica on the lips. They lips barely touched when Jessica harshly pushed her away.

“WHAT THE ?!!!”

“What???!!!”

“You-you a-ate…. Cu-cu…” Jessica covered , thinking she might actually throw up.

“Well, yes, but it’s been a while and I thought…”

“You… you thought??!!” Jessica kept fanning herself madly, taking deep breaths, wondering if she will have to run to the bathroom.

“I am sorry!”

“Okay…” Jessica took one more deep breath. Keep calm Jessica, keep calm. You can handle this… “It’s okay…” She was more trying to convince herself then Yuri, but Yuri was just too dense.

“Is it?” she frowned.

“…”

“Sica? Babe?”

If I open my mouth, I might throw up.

“Baby? Honey? Darling?”

… That’s it.

“NO IT’S NOT OKAY!!!! Kwon in Yuri, I so wanna kill you right now, you have no idea how much I wanna strangle you to death!! You are making my life a living hell, I really hate you hate you HATE YOU! Just go away and never comeback! You know there is a country called in-useless-stupid-land and you are their in queen, so just go back to that stupid country and LEAVE ME THE HELL ALONE! Or I swear- I swear I really won’t hold back anymore and I’m gonna just jump on your throat and do some really ugly things to you, because you are the biggest idiot I have ever seen! Seriously, immature much?! When, just when, will you finally grow up, you retard?!!! Why the are you smiling??!!”

Jessica ran out of breath and couldn’t miss Yuri was grinning like an idiot.

“What the is wrong with you?!” she breathed out, her chest rising and falling like crazy.

“Welcome back,” Yuri said happily.

“W-what?” Jessica was still really mad, but also really confused at that moment. Like… what?? What just happened?

“Welcome back, Hellsica, I really missed you. I really hated this… assive-pagressive whatever thing you had going on.”

“Assive-? You mean passive-aggressive.”

“I guess so, whatever,” Yuri shrugged, making Jessica let out a frustrated groan.

“You are so stupid!”

“Yes! I know! I know I am not such a genius as yourself, I know I am clumsy and messed up from time to time-“

“All the time,” Jessica interrupted.

“Right,” Yuri nodded. “But you trying to keep it all inside really did no good to our relationship. Sure, it was sweet at first, but it was not us. Don’t you get it? This is us. Screaming and fighting and throwing things… This is what our relationship is all about. Breaking up and then making up minutes later. We break up all the time not because the stuff we do is break up worthy, but because we love making up and… make up . But it’s not just the of course, it keep out relationship healthy. It helps us realize we still love each other and that our relationship is simply worth it. Understand?”

Jessica just kept staring at Yuri with semi opened.

“Well?”

“Well…” she started slowly then. “You can be incredibly amazing at times. Like just now. When did this come from? So many beautiful words… You are really hard to get mad at, you are too much of a puppy.”

“So are we good?” Yuri asked.

Jessica nodded. “Yeah, we’re good.”

“And you won’t be that apassive-gressive thing anymore?

Jessica rolled her eyes. “No, I won’t be passive-aggressive anymore. Passive-aggressive,” she empathized.

“I know, that’s what I said,” Yuri said, completely clueless, making Jessica sigh and shake her head a bit in disbelieve.

“I am dating a total idiot… But I still love you.”

Yuri smiled really brightly. “I love you too,” she said and took a few steps forward to kiss Jessica.

“Whoa, whoa, whoa! Stop right there, Kwon Yuri! Not happening! Not till you disinfect your insides or walk through the carwash with your mouth open,” Jessica waved one of her hands and used the other to hold her nose.

“It was a tiny piece of cucumber!” Yuri complained.

“Tiny?!”

 “Okay…maybe not tiny… but- okay! Fine, okay! I’ll go brush my teeth, geez! Don’t go all Hellsica again!” Yuri said, making her way to the bathroom.

“Okay, fine, good girl,” Jessica then released her nose and fanned herself again. Then she realized- “DON’T YOU DARE TO USE MY TOOTHBRUSH!!!!”

 

 

“So what do you think is the big deal?” Yuri asked Jessica as they arrived to Taeyeon’s house. Taeyeon texted both of them the following morning saying she needed their help. Saying she needed any help she could get.

“I really have no idea,” Jessica answered. “But if it’s something boring, we’ll go make out to her bathroom.”

“Mhm, yeah, okay, sounds awesome,” Yuri agreed with no hesitation.

Jessica just chuckled.

The door opened. “Oh thank god, I need help, we need help,” Taeyeon said as soon as she spotted them. She looked like she hadn’t had too much of a sleep the previous night.

“What’s up, Taeng?”

The two girls went with Taeyeon to her room only to find more people inside. There was Tiffany, who looked tired as well, but definitely better than Taeyeon. There was Sunny, playing with Ginger, looking all fresh and cute, Jessica didn’t really have a chance to get to know her properly, but she already didn’t like all the cuteness and then there was Hyoyeon, looking all cool and swaggy. And finally Yoona, who looked like a complete disaster, a little nervous wreck.

“Yoona is having love problems. She wants to confess her love to a girl, but doesn’t know how to. And we are already running out of ideas. So I invited you thinking you might have any idea.”

“Why would you think we could help you? You already have a bunch of people over,” Jessica stated.

“Well, you are a bit… different.”

“Different?” Jessica frowned.

“Uh, you’re, so to speak, unconventional,” Taeyeon said.

“Big noble Latin word,” Yuri whispered into Jessica’s ear. “Don’t understand.”

“Unusual,” Jessica whispered sharply back.

“Ah… I see… Well, I have an idea,” Yuri said loudly.

“Really?”

“Write on your body: Would you like to be my girlfriend? Yes. No. Maybe. Get her a marker and tell her to circle one of the options. If she circles the yes, get that tattooed permanently. She’s gonna be speechless.”

“…”

“So am I, Yuri, that is just such a bad idea, actually probably the worst idea ever,” Jessica said then breaking the awkward silence.

“Whyyy?” Yuri whined.

“Uh, what if they break up?” Taeyeon said.

“Unnie!” Yoona cried.

“Sorry, but it’s an option!” Taeyeon defended herself.

Yoona just sighed. “I drew a picture, of us two, it actually does say: Will you be my girlfriend?”

“Then just give it to her?” Jessica suggested.

“I’m too stressed out,” Yoona said.

Taeyeon sighed. “She is stressed out. Obviously. And seeing all of us here… I got an idea… but… it would really require all of you to take a part in.”

 


 

A/N: Heyy, Fluffies, so I guess I'm back. Kinda. I still feel really weird about everything. But so many authors quitting, I just can't do it to you & to myself. My brain still can't accept the whole thing ㅠㅠㅠㅠ

Whatever, I really do not wanna talk about it, it's too hard, I'd rather pretend everything is okay, denial is easy. So.... I started university, yay, I'm doing okay so far, slowly getting used to the new enviroment & city & school. I will try to write more often now, I just needed a little break :) But I can't promise I will update regularly. I will try, but it's gonna be really difficult in my situation now.

Teaser:

“How could you do that?!”
“I-I didn’t- I-“
“I can’t believe you."

Thank you for your support especially in hard times like this <3 I love you all ^^