Ch.23 - Love Conquers War

Just Another TaeNy Story

“I have never been so damn nervous,” Tiffany uttered as Taeyeon picked her up at her apartment. “Do I look okay?” she asked. She was wearing simple, but really pretty strapless pink dress.

It was there. The Day with the capital D.

“You look perfect,” Taeyeon smiled. “There’s nothing to worry about, you’ve met my mom before.”

“I wasn’t your girlfriend before. Or at least she didn’t know about it,” Tiffany said as they slowly went towards the taxi they had decided to take.

“Yeah, well…” Taeyeon opened the door for Tiffany, making Tiffany smile. “She’s really cool about it, so you don’t have to worry.”

“Okay…”

Taeyeon told the driver the address and then held Tiffany’s hand supportively. “Trust me.”

Tiffany just nodded with a nervous smile on her face. She felt like the ride is taking forever. And when they finally arrived, suddenly she wished it took longer. She felt like she wasn’t ready at all. But she would probably never be completely ready to face this situation. She gulped. Once she’s done with Taeyeon’s mother, she’s gonna have to deal with her own family eventually. And her father’s reaction was scaring her. He didn’t even know she was gay and Tiffany was really afraid.

She quickly pushed the thoughts somewhere to the back of her mind when Taeyeon opened the door. Her mom was already waiting for them.

“Here you are, girls!” she greeted with a bright smile.

Taeyeon nodded. “Yeah, sorry, the ride took forever.”

“Good evening, Mrs. Kim,” Tiffany greeted.

“Hello Tiffany, you look really lovely today. You always do,” Mrs. Kim said, making Tiffany blush and thank awkwardly. “Take your shoes off and come join me in the dining room. The dinner’s ready.”

“Told ya it’s gonna be okay,” Taeyeon whispered while taking her shoes off.

“She seems in a great mood, I’m happy,” Tiffany answered.

“Yeah. A little bit too great actually.”

“What do you mean?”

“Just wait.”

The two girls joined Taeyeon’s mom and she immediately started to serve the food. “Taeyeon, I have something to tell you.”

“O-okay,” Taeyeon said, a little confused. “What is it, mom?” Then she looked at Tiffany, her expression saying ‘Told you so’.

“Here, eat well, kids,” Mrs. Kim said as she finally joined them at the table.

Both girls thanked for the food and Taeyeon wouldn’t let go of her unanswered question. “Mom? What is it that you want to tell me?”

Mrs. Kim had a mysterious smile on her face as they started to eat. “I got a call today. From SM Entertainment.”

“Really?” Taeyeon looked at her mother with expectations in her eyes. Her mom wouldn’t be so excited is they rejected her, would she?

Tiffany stiffened a bit, but quickly started to pretend she was absolutely clueless.

“Yes, so funny story,” Mrs. Kim chuckles, making both girl really anxious.

“Come on, what did they say?”

“Well… seems like they weren’t so excited about your live singing, you were nervous and didn’t do so well, but somehow the footage of your audition got into hands of a director of their… subsidiary, or partner company, I don’t know, somewhere in the US and the director really loved you and told them if they wouldn’t accept you, he would.”

Taeyeon gasped and Tiffany raised her eyebrows in surprise too.

“They want me in America?”

“Yes. And well, the director’s word changed SM Entertainment’s mind. You’re in, Taeyeon-ah.”

Taeyeon shrieked. “Oh my god! That’s amazing!”

Tiffany smiled. “Congratulation, I knew you would get in, you are the best,” she said. She was satisfied and happy. She knew she could count on her father. It made her sincerely happy to see Taeyeon this excited. She had her doubts, but now she was sure it was a right thing to do. It made Taeyeon really happy.

“Thank you a lot, mom,” Taeyeon said, still all cheerful.

“Don’t thank me, thank the director, I think his name was Hwang. Yes, That’s right, Henry Hwang.”

Taeyeon nodded, still grinning.

“Now eat,” Mrs. Kim said.

Taeyeon looked back at her plate and then she frowned as she thought. Henry Hwang… She took a glance at Tiffany, who was looking at her, biting her lower lip. And it hit her. Realization hit Taeyeon hard. At first she thought it might be a coincidence, but seeing Tiffany’s expression she realized it wasn’t. Oh, you didn’t… And just when Tiffany noticed Taeyeon started to think about it, she knew she would figure it out. No need to hide it anymore.

Taeyeon knew what Tiffany did. And Tiffany knew Taeyeon knew. It was crystal clear to both of them. It didn’t take a genius to put two and two together.

Taeyeon just stared at Tiffany quietly before clearing and getting back to eating eventually.

The atmosphere turned a bit weird. But Mrs. Kim seemed to be too excited to actually notice. “So tell me! I don’t know anything! Tiffany, is Taeyeon treating you well?”

Tiffany smiled. “Yes, she is, she is very kind to me, you raised her very well.”

“I know, she can be a dork, but she is a good kid.”

“Mom, please,” Taeyeon groaned.

“Don’t worry, I won’t show her your baby pictures.”

“Oh, please, do!” Tiffany exclaimed, all excited.

“Or maybe I will,” Mrs. Kim then laughed, amused by Tiffany’s enthusiasm and Taeyeon’s immediate frustration.

“Moooom!”

 

 

 

“So you live completely by yourself?” Taeyeon’s mom breathed out in disbelieve. The three of them were sitting in the living room, Mrs. Kim and Tiffany chatting happily, while Taeyeon was sitting a bit aside, being secretly pretty mad.

Tiffany just nodded. “Yes, I do. But I am okay with it, I am used to it.”

“You must feel lonely though!”

 “Sometimes,” Tiffany shrugged. “But I can deal with it. Don’t worry about me, I really am fine with it.”

“You are welcomed here anytime!” Mrs. Kim exclaimed and gave Tiffany a hug, making the girl almost tear up.

“Thank you, thank you so much, Mrs. Kim,” Tiffany bowed her head.

“You are welcome, child, you are welcome.”

“Anyways, it’s getting late, I think I should go back home now,” Tiffany said then.

“Are you sure you don’t want to oversleep?”

Tiffany looked at Taeyeon and seeing her slightly hostile expression and gulped. “No, that’s okay, I have to study a bit before going to bed.”

“Okay, but get some sleep, okay?” Mrs. Kim smiled. Then she glanced at her daughter. “Taeyeon-ah, walk her out, will you? And you let her know you arrived safely, I’ll call the cab for you,” she added, looking back at Tiffany.

 “Sure,” Tiffany smiled. “Thank you once again,” she bowed as she stood up to leave the house.

Taeyeon remained quiet as she and Tiffany put on their shoes and left the house.

Only after a while of waiting for the taxi Tiffany spoke up. “Are you too angry?” she asked quietly.

Taeyeon looked at her. “You are unbelievable,” she said. Tiffany immediately did the same. “How could you do that?!”

“I-I didn’t- I-“ Tiffany didn’t know what to say. She really didn’t have any good excuse for what she did.

“I can’t believe you, Tiffany.”

“It’s that you wanted it so much and you were so upset that you didn’t get it and-“

“No, I wasn’t upset because I didn’t get in. I was upset because I was disappointed in myself because I obviously still need to work hard before I will be able to enter some kind of agency or perform as a professional. And since I obviously am not able to do that, I was completely okay with not getting accepted, thinking I could always try next year! But you… I can’t believe you, seriously,” Taeyeon shook her head. “I didn’t want to get in like that, I wanted to get in because I deserve it, because I am capable enough. This is… just… wrong.”

“Okay, I get it now, I’m sorry!” Tiffany apologized. “Please, forgive me? I understand I shouldn’t have done that, it was a mistake,” she pleaded.

“Yes, it was,” Taeyeon said. “And now what do I do? I can’t stand the thought of getting in like this. I can’t just enter the company pretending like nothing happened.”

“… I’m sorry,” Tiffany mumbled. “I thought it was for the best.”

“Please don’t think anymore,” Taeyeon said harshly.

Tiffany looked like a puppy getting scolded, tail between its legs.

They didn’t say another word until the cab finally arrived a few minutes later.

“I’m sincerely sorry, will you forgive me?” Tiffany begged then, looking at the car parking right in front of her.

Taeyeon just sighed. “I can’t right now. But let me know you arrived safely, okay?” she said then.

Tiffany nodded and for a second she thought about kissing Taeyeon’s cheek as a goodbye as always, but then she changed her mind. Not tonight.

“Good,” with that Taeyeon simply turned around and returned back into her house.

Tiffany just entered the car and told the driver her address. Then she firmly closed her eyes, trying hard not to cry. It wasn’t supposed to be like this…

 

 

 

“I am not staying in the same place with her, Yoong, sorry, I’m glad she still has enough respect to me and you not to bail out of this, but I really really don’t want to see her at the moment or basically anytime soon,” Taeyeon said, pressing her phone against her ear with her shoulder and flipping pages through a copy of the contract SM Entertainment had gave her to sign. She had actually already signed it, but she kept rereading it, just in case she had missed something important.

“Unnie, please, it’s been a week since you two last spoke! I think she really wants to apologize, you should give her a chance. It’s not like you’re not secretly happy that you got in,” Yoona argued.

Taeyeon sighed. She had to admit to herself, that this really was an amazing, once in a lifetime opportunity and it’s not like she had be very honorable herself the entire life, in fact not that long time ago she tried to completely use Tiffany to survive high school and Tiffany forgave her, so she probably should stop flipping tables over such a little thing which did her no harm. She knew all of it deep inside, but it was just too hard for her to say it aloud, especially in front of the other girl.

“Unnie?”

“Uh, sorry, I was thinking. I don’t know… I am still kinda upset.”

“I know you are, but unless you want to pretend to be dating Hyoyeon unnie… My whole plan is based on love. Seohyun needs to see you three couples. Cmon, you need to help me out, the world needs some TaeFany, Yuri and Jessica are a little creepy and Sunny and Sooyoung aren’t even girlfriends, just having a date here and then. I need to show Seohyun a stable, cute, loving, lesbian couple,” Yoona explained.

Taeyeon sighed, but didn’t say anything.

“Is that a yes?”

“… Suddenly I think Yuri’s idea with the marker and tattoo is not so bad. But yeah, you’re my little cousin, of course, I’m in.”

“Yay! Thank you!”

“Yeah… and it’s TaeNy.”

“What?”

“TaeNy, our couple name, not TaeFany, just TaeNy.”

“Oh, okay, whatever. See you on Monday!”

 

 

 

The Monday was here and Taeyeon was still not ready to face Tiffany, but she knew it was inevitable at some point anyways. She had forgiven her already on the inside. Maybe it was time to say it out loud and end the petty fight.

She was supposed to meet Tiffany and Yoona at the library and Yoona was supposed to explain that brilliant plan of hers. She was early. And she wasn’t the only one.

“Uh…. Hi,” Tiffany greeted her awkwardly as she spotted her. The girl was sitting on a chair and waiting.

Taeyeon just nodded. “You’re early.”

“So are you.”

“Yoona’s late.”

“Yeah.”

Well… that was probably as awkward as their very first conversation when Taeyeon accused Tiffany of sleeping with Donghae. Wow. Now that, Taeyeon thought nothing could ever beat that. And now she was here, being totally awkward and uncomfortable. She knew she was the source and she knew a one simple word could fix that, but she just couldn’t make herself to say it out loud. So they just remained quiet.

Minutes passed and Yoona was nowhere to be found. Taeyeon was already beginning to lose her mind merely by being in Tiffany’s presence. The other girl was doing something with her phone, probably texting or playing Candy Crush.

“Yoona! Finally! Where have you been!” she said when she finally noticed the tall girl coming their direction.

“Sorry,” Yoona apologized. She was breathing heavily and she looked quite pale. She was obviously nervous about this whole confession thingy. “Yuri unnie had trouble understanding my instruction. She’s kinda dumb, no offence.”

“Breaking news,” Taeyeon commented.

“So how did the two of you do meanwhile?” Yoona asked.

Tiffany looked up from her phone and shrugged. “Hi, Yoona.”

“Hello, unnie.”

Taeyeon frowned. Something crossed her mind, but it was hard to believe her own blood could be actually this mean. She leaned closer to Yoona and whispered into her ear really quietly. “Oh no, you did this on purpose?”

“No,” Yoona answered casually, a little bit too much casually actually, making Taeyeon grit her teeth.

“So what is our task?” Tiffany spoke up, putting her phone aside.

“Once Seohyun arrives, just give her this,” Yoona said, putting this huge book on a table.

“Oh god, what is that?” Taeyeon asked.

“You don’t need to know, Seohyun will figure it out, she’s really smart.”

“Okay then.”

“Good, thanks a lot, gotta go tell instruction to Sooyoung and Sunny unnies! Bye! Try to look happy!” Yoona said quickly and ran off, leaving Taeyeon and Tiffany alone.

“I hate my cousin and if she wasn’t related to me, I would kill her,” Taeyeon muttered.

Tiffany just quietly sighed. “Is it really that difficult for you to be in my presence?” she whispered.

“Yes,” Taeyeon immediately answered making Tiffany feel like crying. The girl was looking on her shoes, making it difficult for Taeyeon to see her face, but as dumb and oblivious as Taeyeon usually was, she wasn’t that stupid to realize how wrongly that came out. She sighed. It was the time. “Tiffany….”

Tiffany looked up and their eyes met. Tiffany seemed genuinely sad and that made Taeyeon upset. She should just get over it, Tiffany had to forgive her much more serious stuff.

“What is it? More hurtful words?”

Taeyeon sighed and sat on the table next to the chair Tiffany was sitting on. “No,” she shook her head and grabbed Tiffany’s hand, surprising the other girl.

“T-Taeyeon?”

“It’s hard to be in your presence and stay mad at you. I mean… It makes me wanna forgive you and apologize for being so petty about this matter. Well, technically I already did forgive you, yesterday, but I haven’t said it out loud, because I still think what you did was bad and I know I’m no saint but those were the longest 2 days, 18 hours and 29 minutes in my lif-“

Tiffany kissed her. Quite briefly, it was more of a peck, but it did its purpose. “Thank you,” she whispered. “I can’t believe you counted.”

Taeyeon smiled. She missed this. Oh how much she missed Tiffany…

“Me neither actually, but I just love you that much,” she whispered. “I’m sorry for being mad at you.”

“It’s okay,” Tiffany answered and they kissed again.

“You know what really ?” Taeyeon said then, after a while when she pulled away.

“What?”

“That we promised Yoona to wait here in the library. We can’t really make out in a library, it’s too quiet here, we would get caught.”

“… Oh damnnit, Yoona.”

 


A/N: Hey guys, don't have much time, so I'm keeping this thing short, I mean, the chapter's short and so will be this A/N.

I got a work and I am busy as hell, so sorry about that. The next chapter will be.... special. Haha, you'll see. Here's a little teaser:

[sin(π/6)*[4] + (3!)^2 - (46,656)^(1/3)] *√3969 = x

That's all you get. Waaaait for it.

Thanks for reading & commenting & subscribing & NOT abandoning the fandom & all that cool stuff you do!

Love ya!

Bye!