Ch.18 - Problems Bigger Than Both Of You

Just Another TaeNy Story

SEVERAL WEEKS LATER

“Remember how I said it would if Yuri and Jessica broke up for real? Well it ing does!” Taeyeon complained as she pecked Tiffany’s lips, sitting on a bench in a park, enjoying their sweet little date. It was the last day before college. The principal kept his promise so Taeyeon got the scholarship she needed and she, Tiffany, Yuri and Jessica all got to the same college. It was quite a mystery how exactly Yuri had got accepted, but she had.

“This is their fifth or sixth break up, not sure, but it’s gonna be okay, just like always,” Tiffany said, shrugging it off.

“I don’t know, Tiffany. This time it really seems serious. I mean… neither would tell what it is about. I guess it’s not Yuri teasing Jessica with cucumbers again,” Taeyeon sighed, shaking her head.

“Well, maybe she overdid it and Jessica accidentally ate some. That would surely make her upset enough to break up with Yuri permanently after she’d finish barfing all over the place. I once witnessed Jessica accidentally eating a cucumber. It’s not exactly my favorite memory,” Tiffany said.

“I believe you,” Taeyeon nodded. She and Jessica still weren’t exactly best friends forever, but they got along and she already got a chance to get to know the other girl. Taeyeon was smart enough to figure out it wasn’t a good idea to make fun of her. Well, she knew that even before, it’s just now she knew it wasn’t a very good idea even now, when they got a bit closer. Rule number one: Don’t make Jessica angry. That way everything will be okay. Well, it was something Yuri just didn’t seem to cope with. Taeyeon wouldn’t care since it was none of her business, but it was keeping her away from her own girlfriend.

She still couldn’t get used to that word. She had a real girlfriend, a beautiful beautiful real girlfriend. More than anything, their relationship was cute. A little kiss here and there, some innocent cuddling now and then, but they didn’t really go any further than that. Taeyeon could feel Tiffany was still getting used to all that stuff and adjusting, but she was slowly getting more and more comfortable with her new status and well, dating a girl. Taeyeon could feel it, Taeyeon could feel Tiffany trusted her and really did love her. It was in her eyes every time they looked at each other. Those little sparks of love dancing there. It was real. So different of her fling with Hyoyeon. This relationship was indeed real. The realest thing Taeyeon had ever felt.

Once again, she was just looking into Tiffany’s eyes, letting herself drown in them. Tiffany was holding her hand. Taeyeon just sighed.

“What?” Tiffany chuckled cheerfully.

“I can’t believe how lucky I am,” Taeyeon just whispered and leaned in to kiss Tiffany gently.

They lips barely touched when Tiffany’s cellphone beeped.

“Ignore it,” Taeyeon whispered against Tiffany’s lips and kissed her a bit more deeply, but still kind of chastely. Then her own phone started to ring. “Gosh seriously!” she groaned then, when it just wouldn’t stop and reluctantly pulled away.

Tiffany blushed a bit and both of them took out their phones.

“Yuri,” Taeyeon announced, looking at her phone screen.

“Yeah, well, Jessica,” Tiffany added and they both immediately let out some desperate groans.

“Gosh, what happened this time? I don’t wanna listen to it,” Taeyeon complained and switched off her phone mercilessly.

Tiffany read the text she got. “As always, Jessica’s text doesn’t say anything, just, let me quote, ‘I will kill Kwon Yuri, she’s such a ed up idiot, I hate her’. And a bunch of exclamation marks and angry emoticons.”

Taeyeon looked at Tiffany with a sad smile. “Should we go and talk to them?” she asked.

“Do we have to?” Tiffany questioned, feeling not very fond of the idea of listening to Jessica’s unreasonable and pointless rant for hours. She liked the sleeping and quiet Jessica better.

“Mhm, I guess not,” Taeyeon decided then, chuckling and leaned towards Tiffany to kiss her again, but just then-

“KIM TAEYEON!! DID YOU JUST HANG UP ON ME???!!”

 And just a few seconds later from the other side-

“TIFFANY HWANG, COME WITH ME! NOW! N.O.W. NOW!”

Taeyeon and Tiffany looked at each other, shocked and displeased.

“How the hell did they find us??”

 

 

“Okay, so we figured it all out.”

“We? Who the hell is we? And figured out what?” Taeyeon asked Yuri, slightly confused. She did not understand what Yuri was talking about. They were walking towards a nearby restaurant to get something to eat.

“The tapes, stupid,” Yuri answered. “I went to our high school janitor, you know he’s my friend, kind of, to return my beloved stolen keys and did some digging, meaning seducing, to find out why Sunmi hasn’t told anybody about you stealing the tests.”

“Go on, I’m interested,” Taeyeon said.

”It appears the tapes automatically delete the footage after a month. The footage no longer exists. Maybe Sunmi didn’t even know it deletes on its own, maybe she told her dad but had no proof, maybe she knew and she was just trying to scare you. I don’t know that,” Yuri explained.

“That’s cool. I wonder where she disappeared,” Taeyeon smiled.

“I heard her had dad sent her to the States to her mother for some time. Her mom is pretty poor, according to what I have heard, so it’s gonna some huge change for her. Poor girl… not really.”

Taeyeon exhaled in satisfaction. “I’m not exactly evil, but so happy to hear this! Does that mean no university for her?”

“The janitor thinks so and he could pretty much pass for a spy, seriously, that guy has ears everywhere!”

“He told you all that voluntarily?” Taeyeon wondered.

“Well... The Satan’s child can be really scary.”

“What Satan’s chi- oh... Jessica, right?”

Yuri just groaned making Taeyeon sure and chuckle.

“You make a great team, you should stop fighting.”

“No. She ed up big this time,” Yuri frowned.

“Oh come on... Stop that petty fight of yours.”

“Petty?! It is so not petty and I tried to talk to her, but she keeps denying and denying and we fight even more. Just like today. I know we make a great team, I means, she’s pretty okay and I am awesome and our bed time is great, but we are obviously not meant to date, we fight too much,” Yuri expressed her exasperation.

“Okay, enough with the rant. Wanna tell me what happened already?”

“No.”

 

 

“I don't understand why she’s mad at me, I should be the one mad, and I am!” Jessica said, shaking her head. They were both going over to Tiffany’s. “But… I mean I totally hate her and she’s a total , but it’s obvious we are meant to be.”

Tiffany couldn’t disagree with that. “You are like a married couple already. Mind telling me what the problem is this time?”

“Yes, I do mind actually. It’s personal,” Jessica said coldly.

“Hey, nothing’s personal between us!” Tiffany protested.

“Then I’ll just go with: some things are too stupid to be said aloud.”

Tiffany just sighed, shaking her head in defeat. “Just... Make up already.”

“... Maybe. If she apologizes.”

 

“That fight is never going to end, Yuri will not apologize no matter what exactly is going on,” Taeyeon said to Tiffany over the phone later that day.

“Seriously, they both deserve a slap or two. We need to figure out what the hell happened.”

“And we will. Up for a mission, Hwang?”

“Me? Always, honey, always.”

“Great. I’ll see you tomorrow then. It’s the first university day, yay!”

“Yeah, can’t wait,” Tiffany laughed. “Just please think of some plan, Taeyeon, okay?”

“Okay, I will. Sooo... Good night? Taeyeon said a bit awkwardly.

“Yeah, hehe. Good night.!

 

 

 

The following day Taeyeon and Tiffany started the mission impossible. They wanted to make Yuri and Jessica talk. Yep, that was Taeyeon’s super plan - just make them talk. Like they hadn’t tried that one before.

“Just tell me, oh my god,” Taeyeon groaned, poking Yuri’s shoulder.

“Argh, stop it already!” Yuri complained.

“I will, once you tell me,” Taeyeon shrugged and continued.

Yuri remained quiet though. They just entered the university campus together. It was their first day and it was mostly administrative stuff they had to do.

Taeyeon’s phone vibrated.

 

From: Fany~<3

Any luck so far?

 

Taeyeon just wrote a simple "not at all" back and got a reply by return.

 

From: Fany~<3

Desperate time calls for desperate measures. Hope you’ll still like me with my face all messed up.

 

Taeyeon chuckled a bit, wondering what Tiffany's ‘desperate measure’ is. She also realized they are both avoiding the word ‘love’ like it was a plague. She decided to fix that one thing right after fixing YulSic's relationship.

“Please don’t t right now,” Yuri rolled her eyes.

“Whaat?!! I am not!” Taeyeon argued.

“Well, then quit that freaky weird erted smile.”

“Hey! That’s not a freaky weird erted smile, that's my in love smile!!”

”Oh god, poor Tiffany. Hope my in love smile looks different and better. It can’t be possibly worse,” Yuri uttered.

“Hey, firstly, stop making fun of me. Secondly, are you suggesting you are in love? With Jessica possibly?”

“What? Where did you get? No way I just said that or anything even close to it coz it’s so not true!”

“Okay, jeez, no need to get all defensive. It was just a question. You little cute infatuated kid.”

“No offence taken. You are so childish though.”

Taeyeon just shook her head. Hope Tiffany is doing better...

 

 

“Jessie~~~ Jessie~~~ Jeeeesssiieeeee~~~ my lovely cutieee~~”

“GOSH SHUT UP SHUT UP! Makes me wanna barf! I’ll tell you if you stop! We made lists! Lists of our exes!”

Tiffany immediately stopped with the annoying aegyo. “Okay, now, was this that difficult? This was making me want to barf too, trust me, it was probably worse for me than for you.”

“I highly doubt so,” Jessica said in a tone that was pretty much suggesting she was ready to kill if Tiffany did something more to upset her.

“Okay, now please tell me more. What went so terribly wrong about it?”

“Well, my list was basically just Taecyeon and Chansung. Hers was… pretty much our high school’s entire girl softball team, girl basketball team and the ing chess club… heck even a girl from the celibacy club and that one weirdo who worked at the library,” Jessica said, raging.

“Oh… well… that’s kind of upsetting, considering she’s nineteen,” Tiffany admitted.

“You think?”

“Yeah, but well, we know she is, or more like used to be hopefully, a player.”

“The list itself wasn’t the problem.”

“Well?”

Jessica sighed before continuing. “She actually felt pity for my two guys and suggested me to… oh god, I can’t believe I am saying this aloud, it’s so stupid… she said it’s okay if I wanted to catch up.”

Tiffany was puzzled for a moment. The obvious meaning of that seemed just too ridiculous. “Like…?” she started slowly.

“Yes,” Jessica complained, burying her face in her palms.

“Oh god! That really is too stupid to be said aloud!” Tiffany exclaimed. “Unbelievable!”

“Totally… She’s a total idiot.”

“Okay… I get why you are angry. But why is she?” Tiffany asked then.

“Uh, one thing led to another, I told her I wasn’t a , which she understood like I said she was a , and we ended up having a huge fight.”

Tiffany shook her head in a complete disbelieve. “Oh god, you must be kidding me… I’ll help you fix it. I mean… you want to get back together, right? Right?! Coz this fight of yours isn’t doing any good to me and Taeyeon, since we are kind of your best friends.”

“Yes, of course I want to fix this… But she needs to show me some effort which she’s not very good at… or more like a complete fail,” Jessica said honestly.

Tiffany nodded, made sure Jessica was too distracted with looking around the university and secretly took out her phone to text Taeyeon.

 

To: TaeTae

From: bByxinnOceNz

Got it. CU soon.

 

“I totally just saw you texting, gurl,” Jessica said.

“Oh wow, you are becoming… observant,” Tiffany smiled innocently.

“Not sure if that’s a compliment or what, but just please don’t mess thing up even more. And you really should change your name on your phone, or even better, just completely delete it.”

“What’s wrong with it?!” Tiffany wondered.

“Everything, honey, absolutely everything…”

 

 

Unlike Yuri, Taeyeon was more than happy when she and Yuri had to go separate ways as she herself was here to study music while Yuri’s major was sociology.

Taeyeon had to smile when she noticed the music department was close to the economics department. Business economics and marketing happened to be Tiffany’s major.

She quickly texted Tiffany to meet her outside after they are done with their stuff and she hoped she would get rid of Jessica somehow, since they got the same major.

Then she entered the building, it was very nice, old, but modern and certainly pretty. She smiled and went towards the right office to sign some documents and deal with all the necessities. She was done not much later and went outside for her meeting with Tiffany.

“Hi! Finally!” Taeyeon breathed out as soon as she spotted the other girl walking her direction. “Where is Jessica?”

“Asleep. She’s incredible, really,” Tiffany smiled as Taeyeon kissed her cheek to greet her.

“Okay, so now talk, what happened?”

They sat on a bench on the campus, the weather was very nice, so they were really enjoying it.

“It’s really stupid,” Tiffany said, shaking her head and explained Taeyeon the entire situation.

Taeyeon listened, occasionally facepalming and shaking her head.

“That really is stupid,” she said then.

“What are we going to do?”

“Well… I have a plan…”

 

 

“How is it my fault??!! I am going to kill Jessica! What she said is not true at all!” Yuri yelled into the phone when Taeyeon confronted her and told her that she knew everything and most importantly – told her to apologize.

It was later that evening and Taeyeon was pursuing her so-called brilliant plan. Taeyeon was going to make feel Yuri guilty enough to apologize. She knew she could do that, Yuri wasn’t smart enough to oppose all the stuff Taeyeon was telling her with reasonable arguments. And with the right words, the words she and Tiffany had put together earlier, she could reach her goal quite easily. Or at least that was what she hoped for. So far, Yuri was just raging, which she was expecting, but hoped it would be over soon.

“Then tell me your version!” Taeyeon said, giving Yuri the opportunity.

“Well… well… I-I was being considerate! I mean… it’s sad she was with two people only!” Yuri defended herself with lame arguments.

“No, it’s not and even if it was… doesn’t monogamy ring a bell?”

“…”

“Oh god, it really doesn’t, does it?”

“Well… I have heard it before… I’m just kinda missing the actual meaning?” Yuri hesitated, making Taeyeon want to hit a wall with her forehead a few times.

“How… just how… did you get accepted to an actual, real, not Hogwarts-online dot com university? You actually must be Harry ing Potter.”

“D, B, C, A, B, A, C, D… Just repeat this sequence of letters over and over again. Don’t you know this trick? It’s proven to be the most probable version of correct answers. How did you get in if you didn’t know this?”

“I actually studied. You are some lucky devil,” Taeyeon said, shaking her head. “Faithfulness.”

“What’s with it?”

“That’s the meaning! Monogamy! Idiot…”

Yuri chuckled. “Aaah, I see. Well, it’s not cheating if she has my permission.”

“But she still obviously is uncomfortable with sleeping with any other person, so you surely shouldn’t be telling her to do so. You should just apologize. Don’t you wanna make up?” Taeyeon said, trying to sound soft.

“I miss her, that’s true. But I don’t feel like apologizing. She called me a ,” Yuri whined.

“You are both at fault. So just be a better person. Show her that you are better than she is and that you are able of making the first move,” Taeyeon encouraged her.

Yuri just sighed at the other side of the line. “I guess I’ll think about it.”

“Great. You should. I gotta go, so… good night?”

“Yeah, bye Taeng.”

 

 

“La la la la la la la la la~”

“La la la la la la la la la~”

“That’s right! That’s right! Mr. Oh, I believe we got some serious talent over here! No wonder she got the scholarship!” Ms. Jane Choi, Taeyeon’s new vocal teacher, exclaimed with her heavy American accent, all excited.

Taeyeon just flashed a shy smile at her and her colleague or assistant or whatever he was. Ms. Choi was very polite towards him and they were supposed to be equal partners, but she kept kind of ordering him around, so that was kind of confusing for Taeyeon. But both of them were treating her very kindly, Ms. Choi was a very beautiful and really enthusiastic lady in her thirties. And she was also very talented herself as Taeyeon had noticed.

“Tell me, Ms. Kim, can you play any musical instruments?” she asked.

“Well, I can do some guitar and piano, but I am far from being a pro,” Taeyeon answered honestly.

Ms. Choi slowly nodded. “And dance? Can you dance?”

Taeyeon shrugged. “Don’t know, maybe. Why are you asking me these questions?”

“Oh it’s nothing honey, it’s nothing,” Ms. Choi said, waving her hands dramatically all over the place before looking at Mr. Oh. “Write it all down,” she ordered and he immediately did as she said.

Taeyeon just frowned.

“Let’s continue our lesson. Tell me, Ms. Kim, how high can you actually go?”

 

Tiffany was thoroughly listening to every word her teacher said on their very first lesson, making notes. She was so busy trying to be a good student that she completely ignored her surroundings. It took her almost twenty minutes to notice what the girl next to her was doing. It surprised Tiffany a lot.

“Jessie?” she whispered.

“Mhm?” Jessica mumbled, eyes focused on the book on her desk.

“You are reading?” Tiffany wondered, all surprised.

“Yes. Do not disturb,” Jessica replied and she seemed very serious, making Tiffany a bit worried.

“Since when do you read? And not fall asleep while doing so? And why are you so serious?” Tiffany kept asking really quietly.

“Too many questions. I’m really into the book. Go back to paying attention,” Jessica answered.

Tiffany shook her head in disbelieve and tried to look at the cover of the book to find out what Jessica was actually reading.

“Hey!” Jessica frowned. “My book!” she defended it, making it impossible for Tiffany to look.

Tiffany just sighed and gave up, because she didn’t want people to notice her conversation with Jessica. She really wanted to be a good student, at least during the first lesson. So she at least tried to take a peek at the page Jessica was reading. She couldn’t read the small letter, but at least she could see the title of the chapter.

“Problems That Are Bigger Than Both Of You”

…. What the hell???

 


 

A/N: Sorry for the delay once again, I think I will be updating every third weekend for a while, I just don't have enough time to write, my work is exhausting ://

I'll see what I can do. Anyways thanks a lot for reading, commenting, subscribing & updating!

There will be a few character comebacks in the next chapter! Haha!

Teaser:

"You could be the next Gisele Bündchen!"
"More like Cara Delevinge."
"You are way prettier than she is, unnie."
"But I am just as gay."