Ch.09 - Wet, Slapped, Hurt

Just Another TaeNy Story

Taeyeon kept walking back and forth near the club. She could see it from her position, she could see the entrance, she could see people she knew from school entering it. But she herself kind of couldn’t gain enough courage to enter on her own. If only Yuri was here. Or like anybody who wasn’t particularly mean to her.

Taeyeon sighed and leaned her back against the wall of the nearest building. It was around 8PM already, most of the people had already gathered, Taeyeon was sure she would get lost in the crowd quite easily, but she still wasn’t exactly thrilled about stepping inside. She tried to dress up prettily and she thought she did quite well. She was pretty confident about her looks, which wasn’t a usual thing for her.

“Taeyeon unnie!” Even though she knew that voice well, it freaked her out to see somebody noticed her name. At the very first second she didn’t realize it was just Seohyun.

“Oh, Seohyun-ah, hi, you’re going to the party?” Taeyeon asked, quite surprised. Seohyun was also a bit different than the rest of the class, she was not such an outsider, but she wasn’t that type that would enjoy partying all night, so Taeyeon wasn’t really expecting her to come as well. But maybe she just found a buddy to enter with? Seohyun could save her from the awkwardness that she would surely feel if she had to enter alone.

“Shall we go inside?” Seohyun suggested.

Taeyeon nodded maybe a bit too excitedly. “Yes please,” she said. She thought she should be ashamed of being such a coward, but whatever, she just hated parties and she thought she shouldn’t have even come in the first place.

She forcefully dragged herself behind Seohyun.

“You don’t seem very happy to be here, unnie,” Seohyun noted. Of course she noticed Taeyeon’s not so good mood.

“Honestly, I am not, I’m not a party person, I don’t smoke, I don’t drink, what am I going to do there?” Taeyeon admitted.

“I feel you,” Seohyun laughed. “I am not really sure why I am here either.”

“That really makes me feel a bit better, knowing I’m not the only one,” Taeyeon smiled.

“Well… we can stay together inside so we don’t look too stupid,” Seohyun suggested.

“Yeah, okay, sounds good,” Taeyeon nodded as they were about to enter the club.

“Uhm so… how is your cousin?”

“What??”                           

 

                                                        

“Yoona haven’t mentioned at all that she met you, I wonder why,” Taeyeon said, thinking aloud.

“Well, I don’t know that either,” Seohyun shrugged.                                  

The two girls were sitting at the bar, sipping their drinks from the glasses. Non-alcoholic drinks, both of them.

“Mhm…” Taeyeon frowned a bit, thinking. She had a huge suspicion Yoona was crushing on Seohyun. She made a mental note to ask Yoona about it later.

“Seohyun, hi,” a boy came to the bar and smiled at the younger girl.

“Oh, Changmin oppa, hello,” Seohyun greeted him back. Changmin was one of the boys from the class, he was kind of cute, but kind of a weirdo. Very quiet and reserved, he used to be bullied a lot, until it somehow mysteriously stopped. There were rumors floating around that he was actually very very rich. But he was a complete mystery to Taeyeon.

“Would you- would you like to dance,” he asked kind of shyly.

Seohyun glanced at Taeyeon, obviously a bit surprised and hesitant. “Do you mind?” she asked then.

Taeyeon just shook her head. “Just go.”

Seohyun smiled. Taeyeon was pretty sure the other girl was just being nice to the poor boy. Or maybe she was bored. Either way, Taeyeon simply continued to sip her drink, looking around.

To her displeasure she spotted Sunmi and Sunmi noticed her as well. She immediately abandoned  her slaves- I mean her kind best friends who were holding all of her stuff and headed Taeyeon’s direction.

“Look who’s here,” she said with a sweet, but damn fake smile, not looking very pleased. “I had no idea you were invited as well.”

Taeyeon just returned the fake smile. “Well yes, I actually was invited.” By mistake. Coz I was invited by a person I barely even know exists. But yeah. I got invited, didn’t I?

“Interesting…” Sunmi rubbed her chin, examining Taeyeon from head to toe. “You dressed up,” she stated then.

“You don’t say,” Taeyeon answered, annoyed. In the past few weeks she started to act a bit wittier in Sunmi’s presence. She wasn’t sure what exactly caused it, maybe the lack of bullying, but she really was.

“Don’t talk to me like that, ing Kim Gay-yeon, don’t push your luck,” Sunmi frowned and so did Taeyeon. It’s been a while since she last time heard that… lovely nickname Sunmi gave her.

“Whatever,” Taeyeon mumbled as she finished her drink.

“So?” Sunmi asked when she realized Taeyeon was not going to continue the conversation on her own.

“So?” Taeyeon repeated.

“Tiffany Hwang is here. Do something, I wanna see some ing progress,” Sunmi ordered.

Taeyeon immediately looked around the club, looking for Tiffany. She really spotted her quite quickly, standing at the other side of the room, talking with some random people including Jessica who seemed to be drinking quite a lot. Tiffany had some suspiciously looking drink in her hand as well.

Taeyeon sighed. “I will see what I can do… You know, Sunmi, I think she might be innocent,” she added then after a few seconds of hesitating.

Sunmi looked at Taeyeon like she was a crazy person. “What are you talking about? Donghae said it was true. She said it was true. We all know her reputation. What makes her think she would be innocent?”

“I don’t know; there’s something about her that just doesn’t quite fit the general opinion everybody has of her. Something is off. Plus I have seen Donghae with a girl who for sure wasn’t Tiffany,” Taeyeon admitted.

“You what?” Sunmi barked. “You are lying. How could you see him with a girl other than Tiffany? That’s a bull, just do what you are supposed to do and do not ing argue with me. Okay?” she said as she turned around to walk away. “Oh, and to motivate you a bit,” she turned back for a moment. “There is a camera in daddy’s office. Nobody watches the recordings unless something happens, but if I tell him you broke into his office to steal tests, he will surely watch it and you will get kicked out of school. Which would be a really unpleasant thing to happen in a senior year, don’t you think so? So… you better try harder,” she smirked before definitely walking away.

“So you’re blackmailing me now?! That’s new!” Taeyeon yelled before she just buried her face in her hands. “I am so doomed…”

 

 

Minutes passed, maybe an hour or two did, when Taeyeon found herself in Tiffany’s company. Tiffany was a bit drunk, not completely, but she obviously had had a few drinks before. She sat to the bar right next to Taeyeon, probably without even realizing Taeyeon was the person sitting there.

“One martini please,” Tiffany ordered.

Taeyeon overheard. “I think you shouldn’t drink anymore, Tiffany, I’m sorry, I know it’s none of my business, but I’m a bit worried.”

Tiffany looked at her. “Oh, Taeyeon, hello. I completely forgot you would be here,” she greeted. Taeyeon couldn’t tell if Tiffany was happy to her or not.

“Well, we talked about it, remember? We said we would talk about the physics in case we wouldn’t get in touch sooner,” Taeyeon reminded.

“Oh…. That’s right… I talked to you about physics yesterday, correct? After… ah… yeah… that’s right…” Tiffany laughed bitterly.

Taeyeon was honestly confused. “What do you mean?”

“Nothing… you don’t even know… how could you… you have no idea…” Tiffany whispered.

“What happened? You seem a bit… depressed,” Taeyeon said carefully.

Tiffany just shook her head and let out another bitter laugh. She didn’t seem like she wanted to reply, so Taeyeon continued.

“You can talk to me, you know,” Taeyeon whispered as she leaned more towards the depressed girl. “I thought we already agreed that we were friends,” she added.

Tiffany looked at her and scoffed, not saying anything, just taking the drink from the barman.

Taeyeon sighed and withdrew a bit and spotted Sunmi watching them.

“Try harder,” Sunmi mouthed, frowning.

“That chick needs to get a life,” Taeyeon mumbled to herself.

Tiffany heard and looked at her. “Who?”

“Doesn’t matter.”

“Whatever you say,” Tiffany uttered and started to pay attention to her drink once again.

“Tiffany,” Taeyeon said after a while, gathering all the courage she had left.

“Yes?” Tiffany said, not bothering to look up.

“Can you look at me?” Taeyeon asked.

It took Tiffany a few seconds to finally bother enough to give Taeyeon one really annoyed look. Taeyeon stood up from the bar chair, so she could go a bit closer to the other girl.

“What?”

“I-I am very… very deeply sorry. But I am running out of time, there’s no way I can succeed in this mission in six days, I have to do what I have to do, I have nothing to lose, I need to do something to save myself, I’m sorry,” Taeyeon said so quickly Tiffany barely caught half of it. She was very confused.

“What are you talk- umphff!”

Taeyeon kissed Tiffany on the lips. What followed is hard to describe. So many things in such a short period of time happened. Even though it seemed like at least a minute to Taeyeon, it actually all happened just in like five seconds. Some people saw the kiss and gasped. Tiffany struggled. Taeyeon tried hard to keep the kiss, she was fully focused on keeping their lips connected, but Tiffany pushed her away almost immediately.

*SLAP!*

Taeyeon almost lost balance, that’s how hard the slap was. She hissed in pain and immediately touched her burning cheek. She didn’t even notice when exactly Tiffany took her drink, but in just another second it was thrown in her face.

Taeyeon closed her eyes and whined. The alcohol in her eyes was making her tear up, it really burned. “Tiffany, calm down pl- aaaahhh!”

Tiffany jumped off the chair and started to walk away, but before she did, she stamped on Taeyeon’s left foot hard. Taeyeon immediately burst into tears. The pain was unbearable; she bent down, thinking she might have to get her foot amputated. “You have stiletto shoes, you evil !” she screamed in pain, not being able to stand straight. The drink was dripping off her face and her right cheek and eyes were still burning as well. Tiffany was such a lovely girl.

“Jessica! Jessica, where are you?” Taeyeon heard Tiffany’s voice. Tiffany was obviously very upset. She finally managed to put herself together a bit, she wiped her face and stood up properly, even though her leg was still hurting as hell. Taeyeon could actually feel it getting swollen and generally somehow much bigger. Her shoe was suddenly unpleasantly tight. She let out another quiet cry, before looking around. A lot of people were looking at her and Tiffany, maybe all of them. Taeyeon spotted Seohyun, who seemed very shocked, she spotted Sunmi, who was pouting, looking dissatisfied with the result of Taeyeon’s trying, she spotted Yenny, who was smirking. She didn’t see Yuri though. At least somebody hadn’t seen this humiliation, Taeyeon thought. She also didn’t see Jessica, whom Tiffany was desperately looking for.

Everyone was slowly starting to mind their own business again, seeing the show was over quite quickly. They just had one more topic to gossip about.

Tiffany was looking for Jessica for another minute, before she gave up and started to walk towards the exit.

Taeyeon decided to follow her. She took a step, but her left leg betrayed her. She had to grab the chair to remain standing. She gritted her teeth. “You are such a sweetheart, Tiffany,” she mumbled to herself sarcastically.

“You didn’t deserve that,” the barman said as he handed her a pack of ice.

Taeyeon looked at him and accepted it. “Thank you. I mean… I’m fine with stamping my foot, really, but she is wearing stiletto shoes for crying out loud,” she said, tears still burning in her eyes. It was only getting worse as she tried to take off her shoe to cool the injury down with the ice.

“You should try to follow her. I mean… people fall in love and kiss all the time, she probably just freaked out because you two are both girls,” the barman said.

If only you knew, Taeyeon thought.

“I would love to, but I can’t even stand properly,” she said, looking at her poor foot. “I’m gonna be crippled forever.” It really didn’t look good. It indeed was very swollen and it was getting kind of darker. “Awesome,” Taeyeon uttered. “She’s a lovely girl, isn’t she?”

“Uh… you should probably go to visit a doctor, it looks pretty bad,” the barman said.

“No, you were right… I should try to look for her,” Taeyeon decided then. She carefully put her shoe back on and massaged the injury. She felt tears burning in her eyes, but she managed to stand and actually take a step.

“Be careful. Don’t try to kiss her again. Good luck,” the barman said as he watched Taeyeon limp away.

Sunmi crossed Taeyeon’s way on her way out.

“I hope you’re going after her. You need to settle things down. So far you managed not to make her look gay, but to make her look very straight. So you better fix it. Quickly,” she ordered.

“I am going after her, I am,” Taeyeon answered bitterly and walked around the girl.

She stopped outside and looked around. It had started snowing. Light dusting of snow was covering the pavements and roads, it was making the night less dark. Where could she possibly go?

“Looking for Tiffany?” Yoochun, one of her classmates who was standing outside, smoking a cigarette, asked.

Taeyeon frowned. “You saw as well?”

He laughed. “Everybody saw. Your foot must hurt like hell.”

“Great… just great,” Taeyeon sighed. “Well could you at least tell me which direction she walked?”

“Mhm…. This way,” he answered after a while, pointing to the right. “You can just follow the footsteps.”

“Oh, great idea, thank you!” Taeyeon said.

“Don’t thank me, thank the fresh snow…” Then he laughed. “I think you know which footsteps to follow, I’m actually pretty sure you will remember the shape of the shoe sole forever,” he said jokingly, but Taeyeon didn’t find it funny at all. She felt her foot throbbing madly.

“How amusing,” she said sarcastically. “But thanks anyways.” Then she started to walk the said direction…

 

 

Jessica couldn’t believe what was happening. She was making out with a girl. For the first time in her life. And it wasn’t bad at all. It was actually better than making out with any boy. Jessica wasn’t exactly sure how it happened.

She had a huge headache and slipped into some room next to the bathroom. It was dark inside, but Jessica soon figured out it was a stock. It was a dark and quiet place, ideal for her to have a little rest from the wild party. She wasn’t a party girl, she was a sleepyhead, so she decided to disappear for a moment. Plus she needed to get a bit sober. She felt alcohol in her head and she didn’t really like the feeling.

She was there for a while, half sleeping, when she heard the door open. She immediately looked up.

“Who are you?” she asked. She saw a dark silhouette of a tall girl enter.

“Does it matter?” the girl whispered.

“No, I guess it doesn’t,” Jessica answered. “Why are you here?”

“Why do you care if you don’t know who I am?”

“Do you always answer questions with another question?”

“What do you think?”

Jessica chuckled. “You are annoying.”

“But you don’t mind, do you?” the girl said as she sat on the floor right next to Jessica. Jessica could smell alcohol from her.

“No, that’s okay,” Jessica laughed quietly as she leaned her back against the wall. The girl did the same and their shoulders brushed against each other. Jessica shivered a bit, this was making her nervous.

The girl obviously noticed. Jessica heard her chuckled.

“What?” she asked.

“Are you gay?” the girl laughed.

“N-no!” Jessica stuttered.

“It’s okay, I’m gay too,” the girl said.

Jessica looked at her, trying to figure out who exactly the girl was. She could see the girl was looking back at her, but she couldn’t see her damn face.

They were close.

“Oh who cares, we will never know each other,” the girl said and kissed Jessica on the lips.

Jessica gasped in shocked, but she sure didn’t protest. It took her a few seconds to figure out the girl was a god damn kisser.

For a moment she wished she knew who the girl was. The kiss escalated pretty quickly as their tongues touched. Jessica felt the girl’s hands on her lower back and she herself ruffled the girl’s hair. She let out a soft moan. The only thing that was bad about the kiss was the alcohol she could taste on the girl’s lips, otherwise Jessica pretty much enjoyed it. The girl gently pushed her, so suddenly she was lying on the floor and the girl on the top of her. They kept making out for a while, it was quite sloppy, but kind of hot.

When they ran out of oxygen, they parted for a second. They both needed to catch their breaths and a funny thought crossed Jessica’s mind.

“I wished one girl I know saw us,” she laughed quietly.

“Who?” the girl asked.

“You probably know her. Kwon Yuri.”

The girl obviously stiffened. “Why?”

“Just because… she refused me, this would be a great in your face moment.”

The girl immediately jumped up on her feet.

“What?” Jessica asked, confused as she slowly stood up as well.

“Jessica Jung??!!”

“H-how do you-… Kwon Yuri??!!!”

Suddenly Jessica had a feeling like she could actually see Yuri’s facial features even though she actually couldn’t because of the darkness. “Oh my god!” she gasped and covered with her hand. “Oh my god! Oh my god. Oh my ing god,” she kept repeating.

“Well, if you wanted to surprise Kwon Yuri, congratulations, you succeeded. This…” Yuri said, fixing her clothes. “Never happened.”

Then she left the stock, leaving there a completely shocked Jessica alone.

 

 

After a few seconds of pulling herself together, Jessica left the stock as well. She was still digesting what had happened and needed to leave as quickly as possible. Tiffany. She needs to find that girl and tell her about it.

She looked at some random girls gossiping in the corner. She recognized their faces, but she didn’t remember their names. Not like it mattered.

“Girls, I am sorry to interrupt your conversation, but have you seen Tiffany around?” she asked.

All three girls seemed surprised and confused by the question.

“What?” Jessica barked.

“Where have you been? On another planet?” one of them said.

“What does that supposed to mean?” Jessica asked, annoyed.

“You haven’t seen?” another wondered.

“I haven’t seen what?” Jessica was getting seriously irritated.

“The thing that happened between Taeyeon and Tiffany.”

Jessica frowned. Now she was getting a bit worried. “What happened between them?”

“Well…” one of the girls smirked as she started to talk. “They were talking at the bar, then suddenly Taeyeon kissed Tiffany, Tiffany pushed her away, slapped her, stamped on her foot and ran away from the club, crying.”

Jessica’s jaw dropped. “Oh crap,” she mumbled. “Please tell me she’s not serious,” she looked at the other two girls, who just shrugged.

“I’m not sure if she cried, but other than that, I guess that’s pretty much what happened.”

“Yeah, I personally didn’t see it, but everybody is talking about it,” the last girl said.

“Oh damn…” Jessica mumbled to herself. She always knew Taeyeon was trouble, but doing something like this…

“I don’t understand why Tiffany would react like this, do you think she’s homophobic, girls?” The three ladies started to gossip again. Jessica just rolled her eyes and took out her cellphone.

She quickly went outside where the loud music could not be heard and dialed Tiffany’s number.

It kept beeping but Tiffany wasn’t picking up. Jessica kept walking back and forth outside, really worried. “Gosh…” She couldn’t believe something like that happened while she was making out with Kwon ing Yuri. “Well done, Jessica, well done,” she mumbled.

She tried to call Tiffany one more time, hoping the other girl is okay. Then she looked at some boys who were smoking outside the club. “Has any of you seen Tiffany Hwang?”

They just shook their heads or shrugged.

“Not since she crippled Kim Taeyeon’s leg,” one of them laughed. “Sorry, we were all inside at the time.”

Jessica just sighed. Time to leave the party and check if Tiffany went home…

 

 

It took Taeyeon forever to walk only a few meters. “Thank you very much, Tiffany,” she whispered with like every step she took. She had to stop several times and cool down her foot with the snow. But she didn’t want to overdo it. She didn’t need frostbite as a bonus. It kept snowing and Taeyeon had hard time keeping the track of footsteps. Luckily the stiletto shoes made it kind of easier, the hole the heel made was quite deep.

To Taeyeon’s surprise the footsteps disappeared in front of a bar not that far away from the club. Just behind the corner actually, it just took Taeyeon half an hour to walk there.

Taeyeon made sure the footsteps indeed didn’t continue. Then she took a deep breath and entered the bar…

 

A/N: HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO OUR BELOVED LEADER TAEYEON! ^^ I'm very sorry for making you suffer in my fic so much, I love you.

Everything you need to know will be revealed in the next chapter. I will try to update as soon as possible but I'm taking a really important English exam this week (Cambridge English Language Assessment), so I will be out of town for some time. Wish me luck :P

 

A little teaser:

“B-but everybody says-“
“Everybody is stupid.”

 

Aaaanyways, thanks for reading, thanks for commenting, thanks for subscribing! :)

P.S: Miseuteo miseuteo~ Miseuteo miseuteo~ ♥ ♥ ♥