New guy

Don't Go

     Time passed by slowly for the next few lessons and it was killing me. Luhan was not helping either. He had been silent since just now. “Hey, Luhan. Why are you so quiet? Talk to me~” I nudged him on the shoulder. No response. *What’s up with him?* I decided to leave him alone and continued paying attention to the lesson. Finally, it was lunch time. Luhan packed up and left, leaving me alone. *Ok, something’s up.* I quickly packed up and ran after him. Luckily he's still near by.

     “Hey, Luhan! What’s up with you?” I tapped him on the shoulder. “Nothing’s wrong.” He said while looking straight ahead. “Really?” I asked not convinced with his answer. “Yeap.” He nodded and then gave me a smile. *Pfft. You’re obviously lying Luhan. Aigoo.* However, I decided to brush it off. Finally, we reached the cafeteria.

 

 

     “Hmm, I wonder what they have for lunch.” I scanned the menu. “Is there any bubble tea here?” Luhan suddenly spoke. “Hahaha! Of course not, silly.” I shook my head. “That’s too bad then.” Luhan pouted. “Aigoo , we can look for bubble tea after school.” I said while giving him a pat on the shoulder. “Ok!” Luhan smiled cheerfully. *Aigoo, you and your bubble tea.* I thought as I smiled to myself.

     After a while, we finally got ourselves some food. I bought a ham and cheese sandwich while Luhan bought an egg and mayo sandwich. “Want some?” I asked. “Just a bite.” Luhan said and moved his face closer to have a bite. “Mmm. Nice. Here, you have a bite too.” Luhan hovered his sandwich right in front of my mouth. “Mmm! Delicious!” I said while showing the “good” sign. It’s become a habit for both of us to share our food together ever since we got close. Then I noticed that some people were looking at me with an amused face. “Why are they looking at me?” I looked around feeling confused. “Aish, you have some mayo here.” Luhan suddenly wiped the mayo that was on the corner of my lips with his thumb. “There.” He smiled. “Gomawo.” I smiled feeling a little embarrassed.

     We quickly finished our sandwiches and left the cafeteria. “So, where should we go?” I asked while looking around. “Hmm, I don’t know? How about the rooftop?” Luhan suggested. “Ok, let’s go there!” We then took the stairs up to the roof. “Uwah! It’s so pretty up here!” I twirled around. “Yeah, it is.” Luhan smiled and looked around. The rooftop was amazing. It was peaceful here.

 

    

 

     “Rae rae, come sit here.” I turned around to see Luhan sitting at a bench. I quickly took the empty spot next to him. “This place is so peaceful, don’t you think? It’s probably gonna be my favourite place in the school.” I smiled and looked at Luhan. “Yeah. Guess it’ll be the same for me too.” Luhan smiled back at me. I was enjoying the scenery when Luhan suddenly started singing.

 

A thin stream of light dance in the water after the rain
I make a wish beside this eternal shore
To embrace you past the freezing point, across the border

I will always stay by your side
Tracing unspoken wishes on the palm of your hand
Towards our dream, let’s take our first step

That point, just one point, the focus of my soul
Next to my ear there’s only your voice
This day, everyday, I cherish even the most ordinary times

Every time I smell heaven’s aroma as I look in your eyes
Holding onto your hand in my dream, flying past a moonlit world
Yes, you are my baby baby baby, baby baby baby
Can’t stop, I bravely keep loving you, as long as I see you

The image changes, back to when destiny hit me
I hear a dream fall from the Milky Way
It begins today, I journey towards you

The reflections time set along the way
They distort our visions so we miss each other
No matter how many dangers I meet I will not change

That point, just one point, the focus of my soul
Next to my ear there’s only your voice
This day, everyday, I cherish even the most ordinary times

Every time I smell heaven’s aroma as I look in your eyes
Holding onto your hand in my dream, flying past a moonlit world
Yes, you are my baby baby baby, baby baby baby
Can’t stop, I bravely keep loving you, as long as I see you

Can’t help myself, I put my all in it, loving you like an idiot oh
Day and night I revolve around you, this unfamiliar me
Love’s first step and every step, please come towards me too
You’re my utopia, let me hold on to you tightly oh ho~

Every time I smell heaven’s aroma as I look in your eyes
Holding onto your hand in my dream, flying past a moonlit world
Yes, you are my baby baby baby, baby baby baby
(baby baby baby you’re my utopia)
My path forward has become clear,
step by step towards happiness is the road to you
Yes, you are my baby baby baby, baby baby baby
Can’t stop, I bravely keep loving you, as long as I see you

 

     While he was singing, I couldn’t help but admire him. His singing is one of my favourite thing in the world. He’s even good enough to pursue a singing career. I could just listen to him sing all day long. After he finished, he turned to look at me and smiled. “I could never get bored of your singing.” I said dreamily. “Haha. You should consider yourself lucky cause you get to hear me sing often.” He smirked. “You’re right. I’m soooo lucky.” I looked at him and winked. Luhan just chuckled.

     After a few minutes, the school bell rang. “We should definitely come up here again tomorrow. Or maybe during every lunch break!” I flared my hands up out of excitement and accidentally hit someone in the face. “Ah! Yah!” The person I accidentally hit obviously got angry. “Omg, I’m so sorry! I didn’t mean to hit you!” I apologized and bowed. “Ah, you’re new here right? No wonder I haven’t seen you before.” The guy scoffed. I looked up only to be greeted by a handsome face.

 

 

     “W-well,ye-yes.” I stuttered. *Shoot! Why am I stuttering?* “Yah, Myungsoo ah!” one of his friends called him over. He nodded and turned around to face me. “You’re lucky you have a nice face. See you around.” He smirked and left. “Mirae ah, you ok?” Luhan suddenly popped his head in front of me. “Oh? Oh, yeah. I’m ok.” I smiled. “Good. Luckily he didn’t do anything bad to you.” Luhan sighed in relief. “Aish. What if he did? What would you do then?” I asked. “I’d fight back and protect you of course!” Luhan stated the obvious. “Haha! Silly Luhan.” I shook my head in amusement.

 

   *I’ll see you around, Mirae.*