Childhood Promise

Don't Go

      “Gege! Come visit me in Korea one day ok?” “Mmm! Promise!” I saw myself making a pinky promise with my childhood/best friend. He was leaning in to do something but I was interrupted by the sunlight shining directly on my eyes. “Urgh.” I groaned as I flipped to the other side. “Stupid sunlight ruined my sweet dream. He was about to do something and you just had to… Urgh.” I groaned once again while punching the pillows. Then I got up and headed to the shower. After showering and putting on my new school uniform, I went down for breakfast.

      “Morrrrning, mummy!” I ran down the stairs and gave mum a light kiss on her rosy cheek. “Good morning to you too, Boa ah.” I ruffled my kitten’s head in which she meowed in reply. “Well, good morning to you too, dear. I see you are being quite energetic for the first day of high school. I must say, you look good in your new school uniform.” Mum said while giving her bright smile. “Hehehe! I am your only daughter after all!” I replied cheerfully and gave her a cheeky smile. “Ok, eat your breakfast.” Mum said as she placed a plate in front of me. “Bacon and eggs! My favourite. Thank you for the food!” After finishing every bit of my breakfast, I gave mum another kiss on her cheek and left for school.

      “First day of high school in Korea. I wonder how it’d be like…” It has only been 2 months since I left Beijing. Dad decided to move back to Seoul to help out with his company here after spending 10 years in Beijing. So far life in Korea has been going fine for me. The last time I lived in Korea was when I was only 8 years old. At that time, dad’s business had just started and was a big success so he decided to branch out his company to Beijing. Many things happened in Beijing during that 10 years; Mum became a famous singer and actress, Dad’s business was successful and I picked up Mandarin and is fluent in it.

      As mum got famous, she got to go all over China for different events like; award shows, commercial endorsements, photo shoots and other purposes. She brought me along as dad was really busy with work so I also got to visit all the different places in China. Mum also had a close friend in China who is also a famous singer and coincidently lives in Beijing. Therefore, they often travel together as they are in a music show together. She has a son who she also brings along to work. That’s when I met my childhood/best friend. He is also the only child so we only had each other as company. We spent every minute of our time together; laughing, crying, singing, dancing, quarreling, everything. We knew each other so well that we could actually “read” each other’s mind.

    *I wonder how that idiot is doing. I sure do miss him… How I wish he’d- Uff!* I snapped out of my train off thoughts as I hit something or someone in front of me. I looked up to see… Him.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

   Luhan.