A Trip To The Hospital

My Servant, My Lover

Previously: "MIN, WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR HAND?!"


SungMin averted his nervous gaze towards his hands that were clasped tightly in front of his lap. He looked back at his frozen master, feeling a wave of fear washing over him. "Um...that...I..." SungMin bit his lips and tried to form a coherent sentence, but failed miserably. After a few moments of idly standing at the entrance of the apartment, KyuHyun finally snapped out of his trance. "Let me repeat my question. What happened to your hand, SungMin?" SungMin couldn't find it in himself to return KyuHyun's concerned stare, so he simply mumbled a sane reply. "I cut my hand while using the vacuum cleaner..."

KyuHyun's breath hitched and SungMin jumped slightly. He looked up, focusing on KyuHyun's forehead and successfully avoiding his master's brown orbs as he answered frantically, "KyuHyun-ssi, I really didn't mean to! I thought I would be able to use the vacuum cleaner, seeing that the apartment was a bit dirty...I managed to use the vacuum cleaner, but when I tried to take off the plastic casing, I...I-I guess..." SungMin looked down at the floor and his clammy hands clutched at his pants. "And? What happened next?" It was obvious that KyuHyun was restraining himself from, what SungMin suspected, anger. The silence that enveloped them both increased the tension and SungMin felt more pressured than ever.

Opening his mouth, SungMin wanted, so so badly to just tell KyuHyun about how he destroyed the (most probably) expensive vacuum cleaner and get everything over with, but a sob escaped his lips instead. The quiet sob surprised both men and KyuHyun immediately reached out to cup SungMin's face. He tilted SungMin's face upwards so he could properly look at his servant's troubled face.

"What exactly happened? I have already told MinAh not to let you do any of her chores, and this is what happened; I should've known better than to trust her on this---"

"NO! No, KyuHyun-ssi! It's not noona's fault..." SungMin rubbed his eyes harshly to get rid of the tears that were obstructing his vision. KyuHyun gently removed SungMin's hands and stayed silent so SungMin could continue. "MinAh noona had already told me not to d-do her c-chores, but I saw a bit of dirt and wanted to clean them. I got carried away a-and I b-broke the vacuum cleaner..." At this point, he had already started to cry helplessly. "I...I didn't...mean to...please don't get angry at me," SungMin pleaded between sobs. KyuHyun sighed and he regretted sighing when he saw how SungMin recoiled.

"I won't get angry at you, so stop crying." SungMin showed no signs of stopping, so KyuHyun inched closer and hugged the petite man soothingly. "I won't get angry at MinAh either, will you stop crying?" The sobbing male fisted KyuHyun's shirt despite himself and melted into the warm hug. KyuHyun rocked themselves slightly and did not stop until SungMin's sobs has subsided.

Finally realizing that he had been crying at the entrance of his master's apartment, SungMin pulled away with such force that KyuHyun stumbled. Of course, the little man apologized for the sudden action. "Okay, okay. Stop saying sorry and let's go," SungMin looked up at KyuHyun with wet eyes. "Go? Go where?" KyuHyun brushed his thumb against SungMin's flawless cheeks to get rid of the tear strands. "To the hospital."


"N-no please, no no no, KyuHyun-ssi, I beg of you, pleaseeeee." SungMin wailed and clung onto KyuHyun's long legs. KyuHyun nonchalantly dragged SungMin across the floor, towards where the doctor sat. The said doctor could only sigh at the sight. What exactly were these two grown-up men doing?

"Min, I know you don't like hospitals, but now that you're here, shouldn't you at least try to make progress?" KyuHyun huffed. As much as KyuHyun thought SungMin looked cute whining, they were already stuck in this position for two freaking hours. What was so scary about a hospital anyway?

You see, SungMin tried to escape KyuHyun's clutches as soon as he mentioned the word 'hospital'. KyuHyun tried to calm his panicking servant, and to find out why SungMin hates hospitals so much, but he wouldn't say a word. He kept whining and wailing---but not exactly crying---to the point that it irritated KyuHyun. As a last resort, KyuHyun called his bulky driver to enter his apartment to carry SungMin to the car. There, he was strapped by multiple seat belts and KyuHyun patted his own shoulder when they reached the hospital without much disturbance. Although SungMin wordlessly followed his master into the hospital, he started acting up again when he was pushed into the doctor's office.

"YAH! LEE HYUK JAE, CAN'T YOU DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS?!" KyuHyun's deep voice filled the whole room, and the doctor, Hyuk Jae, could only shake his head in resignation. "Sorry Kyu, but I remember you telling me that my job was only to take care of a swollen hand, not an oversized baby," The doctor tensed and regretted his words when he felt KyuHyun's glare pass through him like countless numbers of daggers. Shivering, he clicked a button on his desk and replied meekly, "I'll call my assistant to help."

KyuHyun scoffed. "When will you admit that DongHae is your slave?" This time, it was Hyuk Jae's turn to glare. "Yah, maknae, just because we have hung out for more than 10 years, it does NOT mean you can---"

SLAM.

"I'M HEREEEE! WHAT DO YOU NEED ME FOR, HYUKKIE?!" A man dressed in a long lab coat rushed into the room and tackled the poor doctor to the floor. KyuHyun rolled his eyes and coughed. The weird man turned towards KyuHyun and beamed. "KYU~!" He ran towards the tall man but stopped when he saw the whimpering mess sitting on the floor. Instinctively, he crouched down and smiled at SungMin. "Hey there, what's your name?"

SungMin flinched and hugged KyuHyun's legs tighter. KyuHyun wanted to scream about how painful it felt, but sealed his lips when he noticed Hyuk Jae shushing him.

"It's okay, sweetie. Take your time. Are you afraid of the hospital?" The weird man continued to ask questions and KyuHyun contained a sigh when he felt SungMin slowly losing his grip on his thin legs. The weird man smiled when he saw SungMin nod. "Well, it's alright. This doctor is HyukJae, and I'm DongHae. We won't do anything the last hospital did, okay? You can trust me, don't worry." The man who calls himself DongHae grinned when a small mumble escaped SungMin's pink lips. "You sure?" DongHae nodded instantly. "Of course! Mind sharing your name?" SungMin had stopped hugging KyuHyun's leg and was now sitting with his legs spread out in a V-shape, with his hands placed in the middle of the newly created space. KyuHyun bit his lips to restrain himself from entering a hardcore fangirling session.

"S-SungMin..." DongHae nodded. "Want to do the checkup now?" DongHae cautiously asked, but seeing SungMin widen his eyes in horror, he continued, "Or do you want me to tell a story?" SungMin nodded quietly, so DongHae continued. "It's about HyukJae, Me, and KyuHyun." Seeing SungMin blink with curiousity, DongHae clapped in joy.

"You see, I am from a small village called Mokpo. My family wasn't rich at all. To be honest, we were just a little above being poor. My father was a taxi driver, and I loved him dearly. So when he fell sick with Cancer, we needed money to pay for his medical fees. I discussed with my parents and after my one and only elder brother persuaded them that I was old enough, my parents decided to let me go to Seoul, because I heard that the salary in Seoul is high. So at the age of 19, I packed my bags and brought a small amount of savings with me to Seoul. When I reached the city by train, I was shocked by the large amount of people and cars," At this, SungMin nodded in understanding.

"I was oblivious to the latest gadgets, and my thick accent was making it hard for me to get employed. Soon, I used up all my savings and I couldn't get back home," SungMin gasped, face filled with pity. DongHae shook his head and laughed--- "I gave up searching for a decent job at a restaurant and opted for a famous night bar. Surprisingly, you only need to have decent looks to get hired, so soon enough I was a bartender with an estimated one million Korean won salary (About US $1000) per month. I managed to get a small run-down apartment after sleeping in the park bench for a week or two. Luckily, it was autumn at the time, so I didn't suffer from extreme weather conditions. When I first got paid, I sent 800000 Korean won to my family back in Mokpo, using the remaining to pay the low renting fees and daily necessities."

"After a month in Seoul, I received a letter from my family. My mother told me that my father was getting sicker by day, and the money I sent them, along with my elder brother's small salary of working at a shop in Mokpo, wasn't enough for medical treatment. I told them to wait a bit more, and that I will work harder to earn more money. So, I talked to the bar's boss and he told me that I could actually do some more work. As it turns out, he deemed my physique fit for being a dancer, and being the innocent boy I was, I accepted the offer to train. After that, I trained during the day with small training fees, and worked as a bartender during the night. When the dance instructor and fellow dancers decided that I had mastered the sensual dance moves, my boss allowed me to try out as a dancer, with a salary much higher than the one I had before."

"What happened next?" SungMin breathed out, as DongHae paused all of a sudden. "Please wait a moment, SungMin-ssi." DongHae placed his hands on his lap and stood up, walking over to where HyukJae and KyuHyun were standing. "You might want to leave the room while I go on to the details, Hyukkie." DongHae warned, and HyukJae glared at the slightly smaller man. "I already know your story; Why do I need to get out?"

DongHae giggled and pinched the doctor's cheeks. "Aww, you're so cute~ Of course you know everything, I won't hide anything, not even a speck of truth, from you---you don't need to worry. However, I know that you won't like how this part of the story goes," He gave a small apologetic smile and HyukJae rolled his eyes as he pressed a telephone button. "I'm free for about thirty minutes. Do you guys need help with anything at the moment?" A female's voice talked quickly, "Yes, Doctor EunHyuk. There's a patient at Ward 32 that needs to have his blood pressure checked, and the nurses are all busy with the new patients, so if you could kindly take over..." HyukJae grabbed his labcoat from where it was slung over the chair and told the female that he could make it. He exited the room after pecking DongHae's cheek, surprising SungMin to no end. You might be interested to know what went through SungMin's blank mind: He kissed him! Can boys actually kiss each other? I wonder how it feels to kiss a boy...won't the beard get in the way though? If they are not clean shaven, then...

SungMin's thoughts were interrupted when DongHae sat on the floor in front of him. He placed his whole focus on DongHae as the story continued, "So, as I was saying, I started to work as a dancer. At first, everything went well and the daily pay was sweet. However, after a month of working, I slipped during practice one day, and twisted my ankle. None of my colleagues nor boss helped me then. I had to call an ambulance to pick me up, and paid the medical fees myself. I was supposed to have multiple appointments, but I skipped all of them because I felt my ankle getting better. Plus, I also didn't want to waste anymore money on myself. During the days where I was recovering, my boss deducted my salary according to the hours I missed. That was when I realized, that this world is cruel and merciless." SungMin's face fell and he looked down at the floor, dejected at the fact. DongHae held SungMin's chin so he could see the pale face, and smiled, not noticing the glares sent by the tall man standing at the other corner.

"When I thought I had recovered, I continued to work night after night, but a second letter from my mother told me that the money still wasn't enough to cover for chemotherapy. I worked overtime every night, and while I was throwing out the rubbish one night, I accidentally saw my colleague kissing a regular client of the bar. I dropped the rubbish bag in surprise as the both of them were males. The client noticed me and ran away instantly. I was really curious, so I asked him what he was doing with a client. I told him I didn't mind homouals, but he told me that was far from the main point. This may come as a shock to you, SungMin, but it's the whole truth. My colleague was selling himself. He told me that he wanted to earn more money, so after the late night dancing sessions he would exit through the back, and would entertain every client who followed him for a large amount of money. I was desperate for money as well, so I blindly asked him to teach me the techniques." SungMin gasped and shook his head, "No, you couldn't have---"

"I was foolish, so I did. My colleague taught me how to service both men and women, if only because I kept bothering him. I learnt everything, but only in the form of theory. After learning the techniques for about a week or two, he finally brought me to the back of the building one night, where a few men were already waiting for him. He introduced me and the men smiled, glad to have me. Turns out, most of the clients were already lusting over me. I was scared, but I really needed the money, so I continued to stand there as the men bickered about who should have me for the night. Then, all of a sudden, a drunk man with a mop of red hair appeared. He was lean and wore glamorous clothing. My colleague left my side and ran straight to the man, trying to seduce him. Somehow I managed to get the point and followed my colleague's actions. I thought that if he chose this man out of the many men present, it must mean the this man is the richest of them all.

"I tried to seduce the red-haired man as well, noticing that the previous group of men had slipped away in fear. I did not get what the fuss was about, and when the man decided to take both my friend and I, I followed them obediently. That night, I gave up my body to the man I have met in the bar before, but never really knew. I won't go into the details---even if you are curious---but I can tell you that the next morning, my body was so sore and in pain that I couldn't even get out of the large king-sized bed I found myself in. When I finally managed to sit up, I noticed that there was no sign of my colleague anywhere, and I looked beside me to find the man from the previous night, sleeping. There, I observed that he was quite handsome, and took pleasure in staring at him. My colleague did not tell me that I had to leave right after the man falls asleep, nor did he tell me the dangers of staying 'till morning. Dense as a rock, I waited until the man woke up. The man paid no heed to me and ran to the bathroom as soon as his eyes cracked opened. I knew he was vomiting into the toilet bowl, so I walked to the bathroom and rubbed his back, taking care of him, even though I still felt a slight jab whenever I moved too much.

"After he was cleaned up, he took a shower whilst I sat at his bed, waiting patiently for him to come out. Eventually, he did, and as if he just noticed my presence, he gave me an expression of shock. I smiled at him, but instead of smiling back at my already clothed self, he went to his bag and threw a bundle of cash at my direction. 'You should have just taken the money and left. Your friend has taken more than half of your share, you know.' that was the first coherent sentence I have heard from the man, but I wordlessly knelt down to pick up the fallen green bills. Even though he said my colleague had taken a lot of my portion, I still managed to get a few thousand dollars. He stared at me as I continued to hum, watching him dress up for work. He wore a long lab coat and thick-rimmed glasses, looking completely different as compared to the previous night. 'You're a doctor?!' I asked, and I remember clearly that he asked me if I was a in a mocking tone, and I replied, 'I was, until yesterday night.' He froze on the spot and taking that as my cue to leave, I left promptly.

"That night, I went to the back of the bar again, and this time, the red-haired man was there. But instead of taking both my friend and I, he decided to take only me back to his apartment. He wasn't drunk, and he didn't seem tired either. Instead of intimate activities *Cough*, the man talked to me for the whole night, and I learnt a lot about him. I found out that he brought me back to his apartment again because he felt guilty about what he did before, even if it was mostly my fault. I learnt that he was a doctor because his parents wanted him to be one, and that he had actually wanted to become a dancer, like me. I told him he should be grateful that he was living in an expensive apartment and has a job that everyone respects. He told me that I should be grateful I was doing something so fun as a job, and our heated argument only ended when he found out I needed money for my father's sickness. He gave me a large sum of money, just enough to pay for all the medical fees, and of course, I refused. I thought it was rude to get money from a stranger when I had done nothing to earn it. Then, he told me it was because he felt extremely sorry for taking away my ity, and he made it sound like such a valid reason, so I took the money gratefully.

"I sent the money to my family in Mokpo, and knew I did not need to continue to work in Seoul. But I really liked the man, who told me that he was Lee Hyuk Jae, known as Doctor EunHyuk in Seoul Hospital---yep, the man you met earlier. I decided to stay a bit longer. We then met every night after my shift ends, where he'll bring me back to his apartment. We would talk and have fun until the next morning, then he would drive me back to my apartment so I could prepare for work. A few weeks later, I collapsed on stage while dancing. It might be because I spent night and day with HyukJae, which resulted in insufficient sleep. Since HyukJae was a regular customer at the bar, he was there to witness my collapse that night, and he told the boss that he would take care of me. My boss, who hired me illegally, could care less about me, so he agreed.

"When I woke up the following afternoon, I was surprised to find myself in HyukJae's apartment. It was a weekday, so I was even more shocked when I saw that HyukJae was sleeping beside me, holding my hand. I tried to sit up, but my head grew dizzy---"

"Bla bla bla. Basically, HyukJae started dating DongHae, and they are now living together in Seoul. Everything went on smoothly up 'till now, save for the fact that DongHae's father died a few years after he met HyukJae---he is missed. DongHae's parents has seen HyukJae before, and they approved of their so-called relationship. Then I met them three years later through a business deal I had with Seoul Hospital. And, I might like to add, it's obvious that they are simply master and servant, since HyukJae kind of adopted DongHae illegally..." KyuHyun cut in and DongHae screamed at the last sentence. "HE DID NOT ADOPT ME. I AM LIVING WITH HIM BECAUSE I LOV---"

KyuHyun waved a hand to shut the angry fish, and both went silent when they heard SungMin's melodious laughter. "Hehehe. I can tell the both of you are really close," SungMin beamed, and DongHae returned the smile with enthusiasm. When KyuHyun blushed and did not reply, SungMin stopped smiling and stood up, apologizing quickly about his inappropriate behaviour since he arrived at the hospital.

Already tired from DongHae's story, KyuHyun walked towards SungMin and hugged him, telling him everything was alright and he wasn't the least bit angry. DongHae took this chance to tease KyuHyun about his 'unusually affectionate attitude' and only stopped reluctantly when HyukJae came back. "So, are you done ranting about your affairs with other men?"

SungMin tilted his head in confusion. KyuHyun continued to hug SungMin, smirking when he noticed HyukJae's flabbergasted face. But HyukJae soon got over the initial shock and focused on DongHae, who said: "I didn't manage to talk about those relationships because KyuHyun cut me off."

"Affairs."

"Sorry."

"Okay, let's see that hand should we?"

"Are you angry, Hyukkie?"

​"Why should I be? It's your choice to treat those nearing sessions as relationships. Now then, let's see. This injury should be healed in a week's time."

"I said sorry though? .... Hyukkieeeeee."

"I'll apply some ointment and bandage it nicely. I'll need you to come back here again after a week, and we'll see what I can do, okay?" SungMin nodded excitedly, mentally preparing himself for another hospital trip next week. They went to clean SungMin's hand while DongHae continued to whine at the sudden lack of attention from his lover.

"There, all done. Get going now." HyukJae smiled at SungMin and the duo watched as the maknae left the room with SungMin.

Once the pair was out of sight, HyukJae took out his files and started to work. DongHae hugged HyukJae as best as he could without colliding with the backrest of the chair and apologized repeatedly. HyukJae laughed internally, watching in amusement as the whining DongHae continued to try and please his 'angry' boyfriend.