The Visit: New Beginnings

My Servant, My Lover

Previously: SungMin goes back to his orphanage and finds out that his caretakers have been using the money received from selling him for themselves instead of the orphans. In order to save his pride as one of the adults, KyuHyun pulled SungMin away from the crying scene and...


KyuHyun allowed SungMin to sob silently into his arm, waiting patiently for him to finish as he sent a few texts. After a few more minutes, the latter sobered up and KyuHyun offered his scarf so his servant could wipe off his snot and tears. He made sure the scarf was presented on the clean side, though, as previously the kids had wrecked the other side of the material.

"You okay now?" He asked gently, giving a small smile when SungMin nodded. He took back his scarf and folded it further so only the cleanest sides were showing. "Sorry," the black-haired male apologizes, gesturing to the scarf. "I'll make sure to wash it properly later. Let's go in?" KyuHyun nodded, draping an arm over his shoulder protectively as they wrestled to open the back door.

When they entered the living room, the two old women had stopped crying and all the children were gone, along with YeSung. The duo calmly sat down at their respective seats across the women before SungMin piped up with a trembling voice. "W-where did Sunggie and the children go?" KyuHyun subconsciously stiffened when he noticed that his bunny went back to using YeSung's nickname, but he forced himself to let it slide, knowing fully well that there are more important things to deal with at the moment. Why was he even jeal---uncomfortable in the first place? He keeps reminding himself that he would not restrict his servant from talking the way he wants to, but the larger part of him just jerks when any sort of fondness for anyone, or anything, other than him was presented. How odd.

Back to the situation at hand, the slimmer woman, YuJin, replied saying that the kids got tired of crying while the two of them were gone, so YeSung allowed them to take their customary morning naps early. After that, the room fell into an awkward silence that no one could break. KyuHyun shuffled to sit closer to SungMin, allowing the two of them to cuddle close in the suddenly empty room.

The silence was broken when YeSung slid the door open. SungMin flashed a concerned look at him, and the former only gave a small, reassuring smile, announcing that each and every child was currently sleeping in the next room. SungMin's shoulder relaxed instantly, and that somehow prompted KyuHyun to relax as well.

YeSung picked up on these non-verbal cues and sighed softly to himself. There is no hope of rekindling anything that wasn't there since the beginning, so he decided right at that moment that he would give up on his long-term crush. Stiffling a sob, he subtly wiped his wet eyes and sat next to SungMin. KyuHyun visibly tensed up, and YeSung wished he wouldn't because there was nothing to take his servant away now. Speaking of servants...

"Can I ask about the two of you? We'll settle the issues with these two later." The elders looked at KyuHyun and SungMin expectantly, despite themselves. YeSung turned his body slightly to face the pair, as much as it hurts to look at them right now. The duo only sat straighter and stared back in response. "KyuHyun-ssi, were you the one who bought Minnie?" He didn't know if it was telepathy, but KyuHyun seemed to detect the lack of emotions in that question. Perhaps he has already suspected that YeSung's feelings has been erased----or is in the process of erasure. 

With a look of confusion (Yep, he definitely picked up on something), he replied in monotone, "Yes. For ten million dollars, a few months ago." The three outsiders gasped and ShinYoung even fell off her pillow cushion. "J-Just who are you?!" YuJin cried out, but shut up as soon as YeSung shot them a warning look.

"My name is Cho Kyu Hyun, owner of the Cho Academy. We have quite a few academies around South Korea, here's my business card. I apologize for not introducing myself properly; there hasn't been a chance to do so until now." He slid a white lasered card across the wooden table and the ladies flung themselves towards the card. They seemed to scan every single detail and when they were done, they looked up with a glint in their eyes. "W-we're so sorry for the previous drama. ShinYoung, go, go make some tea for KyuHyun-ssi here. Go!" She pushed the corpulent woman with her feet, sending her partner rushing to the door.

YuJin focused her attention back on KyuHyun once more. "I hope our SungMinnie here hasn't given you any trouble?" She smiled sweetly, her hands reaching out to SungMin's cheek. The latter jumped away, and his master was more than willing to use his arm as a shield. YuJin retracted her hand immediately and coughed. KyuHyun then replied, "No, Min has been a very good servant and friend to me." He returned a smile just as sweet, although his words had a sort of venom to it.

The door slid open once again and ShinYoung, now wearing a sequined sweater and tight leggings, appeared with an intricate porcelain tray. On it would be three glasses of water and two clay cups for tea. As expected, she gracefully placed the tea in front of their guests and slammed the glasses down for the rest. KyuHyun internally sighed as he observed how YuJin bit her cheeks, probably scolding herself for not going for a change of clothes too. He glanced at the man hanging onto his right arm and frowned. The ebony-haired male was trembling ever so slightly, a faint look of surprise at how the women were acting present on his face. He had to get away before the ladies decides to resort to anything harmful.

"Sorry, I'm not thirsty, at all." He smiled and pushed his cup to the middle of the table. First cue. "Do you want any, Min?" When the latter shook his head silently, yet again he pushed the cup to join the first one. Second cue. "O-Oh, it's fine, don't worry! We can give the tea to the wonderful kids later, won't we, YuJin?" ShinYoung stammered. "Ah yes, regarding the kids. I was wondering if I should chip in, since you lovely ladies seem to be having a hard time raising them financially?" He could see YeSung open his mouth, but they shared a look and he backed down. He returned his gaze to the two ecstatic women who nodded. "Yes, yes---that would be lovely! Thank you so much, KyuHyun-ssi! We can finally buy them a new duvet!"

He cringed from how hypocritical they were acting, but continued speaking. "Not a problem. I do like to indulge in charity work once in a while. But seeing how difficult it is for you to take care of such boisterous children, in terms of age as well, I was wondering if I should replace both of you with new caretakers." He could feel SungMin stoning next to him, YeSung squinting his eyes suspiciously and the two women looking crestfallen. "But we have been taking care of these children for quite a while now! Surely they can't get used to new ones so quickly."

"Don't worry, I'm sure I know where to get qualified replacements. The kids would love them, and I will ensure they will live much more enjoyable lives," Third cue. "Now then, regarding your acts of embezzlement..." At this point the women looked horrified. "I do understand that you are old and feeble and thus require accommodation, so I will allow you to keep whatever apartments and money you have left."

The women stared at each other for a few long moments before turning back, small bashful smiles on their face. "But we're old ladies, KyuHyun-ssi. You have to take pity on us; we have no source of income nor any relatives left, we have dedicated our lives to this. Perhaps... perhaps you could provide us with a living fee?" The two of them took turns relaying the request, and KyuHyun smirked. Bingo. "Why, you do have a source of income. The two of you have more apartments than you need. Right, YeSung-ssi?"---he received a curt nod, and silkily carried on---" Seeing that you are so accustomed to living such a simple lifestyle, I'm sure the rent from one apartment would be more than enough to feed you every month. Hence, all but two of your previously purchased apartments shall come under my name from here onwards."

Before the old women could object, he continued: "Because of your undying love and loyalty to the orphans, I will use the extra apartments to accommodate the children." Final cue. The ladies went absolutely berserk, screaming that he had no right to take away what they have 'worked so hard for'. He put a hand up and everyone went still. "I could also take some of your high-paying rent every month so the kids could have enough food---"

"RIDICULOUS! THIS IS ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS! YOU HAVE MORE THAN ENOUGH MONEY, WHY WOULD YOU COME AND TAKE AWAY OUR COINS AND DOLLARS?!" YuJin slammed the table, and SungMin was on the verge of crying. He has never in his entire life saw the patient caretakers get so mad before. Money is a fearful thing, he decided. KyuHyun broke him out of his daze by gently dragging him up by his arm. "Now then," He brushed off the dust from both their trousers, "The police will be on their way if you don't agree. Perhaps we could talk better then?" YuJin's lips formed a thin line and ShinYoung was already shaking with fear. Or was that anger? SungMin couldn't tell.

"That's what I thought. We'll be taking our leave now; some guards and nannies will arrive tonight to pick up the kids and to sort out the documents with you," He smiled, taking SungMin's hand and heading to the door. "YOU WILL NOT DO THIS TO US!" One of the ladies yelled, while the other bolted for the door, presumably to hide the said documents. KyuHyun let her pass all too easily. "Escaping might not be a very wise decision; I have connections, and I'm not afraid to use them. Your names could be registered as criminals as soon as I snap my fingers. Would you really want that? Truly?" The two women, now on both sides of the room, deflated and gave up. Tears poured through their eyes and they wailed about how unfair life was.

"KyuHyun leaned down to whisper in SungMin's ear, "Let's bring you home, shall we? We can talk more later?" SungMin looked up at his master and he felt a strong sense of trust engulfing him as he looked at the set of deep brown eyes. Unconsciously, he nodded and allowed himself to be dragged outside, their driver already waiting by the main entrance.

The two men were about to climb through the opened door when a voice called out to them. KyuHyun continued to get into the van, but SungMin turned back. "S-Sunggie?" YeSung panted slightly and stopped in front of him. "Hey. Um, stay in contact?" He rubbed his neck nervously. SungMin beamed and nodded. "Do you have a cell phone now? Or do I have to go through your master everytime? I have questions." The shorter male shook his head and fished out the smartphone KyuHyun bought for him before this.

After exchanging numbers, YeSung finally acknowledged the glares being sent from inside the Mercedes van. "I'd like to talk to you, as well." SungMin watched as the two of them conversed, faces nothing but seriousness. He didn't know what they were talking about, as they were being vague and talked quickly, but the underlying tension seemed to have disappeared for some reasons.

"...Yea, I'll call you when I have time. Min, let's go. I want to get back to the hotel before the guards come. I hate being questioned." He grumbled, and pulled the petite male in. "Bye, Sunggie!" He dazedly waved, and after receiving a huge smile as reponse, he closed the door shut and settled in beside his master.

The atmosphere was calm a stark contrast of quiet entering after the hype. They sat in relative silence and listened the roaring of the engine for a few minutes before SungMin spoke up.

"What would happen from now on?" His voice was quiet, almost a whisper. "Hmm... good things will happen. People will be treated the way they should be treated." KyuHyun replied, his breath only lightly disturbing the dust particles. He nuzzled his head into SungMin's soft bed of hair. Breathing in the scent of baby powder, he relaxed once SungMin's head rested on his shoulder. "I'm just sorry you couldn't stay there longer," He murmured.

"It's alright, you're doing more than I could. I don't know what's happening at all, but I trust you, KyuHyun-ssi."

"...Yea, do that; I won't let you down."

The two men cuddled closer and leaned onto each other, watching as the sceneries outside sped past them.