Becoming A Maid

My Servant, My Lover

Previously: KyuHyun spoilt SungMin with a bunch of expensive things, including a wallet full of cash and cards. When they got back home, both passed out on the bed from exhaustion.


It was 6a.m and once again, a certain Lee SungMin was awake. The man yawned and rubbed the sleep out of his eyes. He turned around and his jaw almost dropped when he realized that he had slept on the same bed with his master the previous night. He stealthily got off the bed and sat down on the sofa nearby.

"You shall wash my clothes, cook for me and welcome me home when I come back from work everyday. If you can do that without fail, then I'll consider you debt free."

KyuHyun's words repeated in SungMin's head like a broken record. That means...the first thing I've got to do is to wash the clothes, right? SungMin pondered for a moment before entering the connected bathroom. He peeked in and found the laundry basket set at a corner of the bathroom. The clothes KyuHyun and SungMin wore from before filled up half the basket. SungMin ran out to the bedroom again and started to take anything under the clothes' category from the numerous shopping bags that surrounded the bed. By the time SungMin managed to squeeze every single apparel into the small cylindrical laundry basket, the wall clock that hung above the door of the walk-in closet showed that it was already 7a.m.

KyuHyun-ssi said something about working yesterday...Today's a work-day, so should I try to wake him up? SungMin abandoned the fat basket and hopped towards the lump on the bed. SungMin sat next to the sleeping form and nervously shook his master's body while whispering "KyuHyun-ssi, please wake up!" KyuHyun cursed angrily and swung his arm, as if trying to swat a fly. SungMin got hit and fell to the floor. The loud thud finally woke KyuHyun up. The said man groggily sat up and yawned loudly. He turned to where the sound came from and was surprised to find his servant sitting on the floor, on the verge of crying.

"SungMin, why are you on the floor?" SungMin looked up and smiled sheepishly. "U-Um...I tried to wake you up...b-but...I lost balance and fell." KyuHyun stared at his servant before he realized what he had done. "Oh my goodness, SungMin, I'm so so sorry! I have a temper when I wake up; I did not mean to hit you!" At this, SungMin started to wave his arms around, copying his master's current actions. "N-no, it's f-fine! I-I didn't get hit, I just...I fell! That's all! 'Cause I'm just that clumsy," SungMin clenched his eyes shut and started to spit out a line of silly excuses.

KyuHyun opened his mouth to retort, feeling competitive all of a sudden, but stopped when the door to his bedroom opened and a woman dressed in a plain blue and white dress entered. SungMin's eyes widened at the sight of the woman. She seemed to be in her early fifties, with a head of grey hair, but she looked kind. The collared blue dress with a plaited skirt that reached her knees fit her slim figure well, and when she smiled at the two men, SungMin felt a sudden warmth spreading in his body. His instincts told him that he was going to get along with this mother-like woman, if he ever gets the chance of associating with her, that is.

"Master KyuHyun, I'm overjoyed by the fact that you woke up by yourself this morning." Before the warm voice could continue to sound in SungMin's happy ears, his master's deep voice interfered. "Are you insulting me?" KyuHyun sighed and got off of his bed, pulling SungMin gently so the man could stand up. "And what's with you calling me 'master' all of a sudden?" SungMin looked back and forth between the smiling woman and his grumpy master. The woman broke his train of thoughts by laughing victoriously. "Of course not. Why would I insult my dear, dear master, hm? And for your information, I have always been the kind woman who took care of you with great respect and caution; How dare you accuse me of not addressing you properly, master KyuHyun?"

KyuHyun grimaced at the woman's sweet tone. He huffed and grumpily replied. "Yeah, right. Says the one who cussed at me last week just because I spilled water on the floor." KyuHyun smirked while he observes how the woman's smile had froze. However, he frowned once again when the middle-aged lady crossed the room gracefully and smiled at SungMin, who was peeking from behind him.

"Hello there, young lad. I'm MinAh~ Ignore what this bratty hyung is saying and tell Noona what you would like for breakfast, hm?"

SungMin smiled shyly at her while KyuHyun started cracking up. MinAh glared at KyuHyun. After a while, SungMin suspected that his master would stop breathing if this keeps up. He rushed to his side and started rubbing his back to calm him down. KyuHyun kept coughing and SungMin patted his back comfortingly, all the while trying to break the fact that no one seems to believe in, "Um...you see, I...I'm 30 this year, so..."

The confident woman gasped and stuttered, "O-Oh my, I-I'm so sorry, sir." She coughed a bit and went on with her explanation. "I apologize from the bottom of my heart for assuming your age, sir. I just thought you looked young and..." SungMin smiled and shook his head, saying that it was fine and he just wanted her to know the truth, so it wouldn't seem as if he was lying to her.

"You're such a lovely man, sir!"

"T-thank you...? Ah, my name's SungMin, MinAh-ssi. Nice to meet you~" MinAh cooed and ran over to hug SungMin tightly. KyuHyun pulled them apart and ordered, "Noona, just go and make breakfast. SungMin and I will get ready while you cook." As soon as KyuHyun's words entered SungMin's mind, he began to protest. "B-but, I have to wash, cook and greet you, or I won't be able to pay back my debts!" MinAh raised an eyebrow at SungMin's sentence but exited the room silently.

So while MinAh makes breakfast (She cursed loudly when she realized she did not get a breakfast suggestion from SungMin, and KyuHyun laughed mercilessly when he heard the string of curses), KyuHyun and SungMin sat on the bed. KyuHyun flashed a smile at SungMin, saying: "MinAh has been my caretaker since I was a teenager. I will tell her that you would be cooking and cleaning starting tomorrow morning, but you still have to greet me when I come home this evening, okay?" KyuHyun pouted and SungMin laughed, nodding his head in understanding. "Now go and shower. I still have to get my work clothes." KyuHyun smiled, silently thanking him for waking him up before his caretaker could lecture him about waking up late.

KyuHyun stood up and was about to walk towards his closet when he felt a tug on the hem of his shirt. He looked at SungMin, ignoring the fact that the both of them slept without taking a shower and asked, "What's wrong, SungMin?" SungMin bit his lips as he stared up at his master. "KyuHyun-ssi, I..."

"KyuHyun-ssi?" KyuHyun's thought escaped his lips. He watched in amusement as SungMin's eyes became the size of golf balls. "I-I'm s-so sorry, master KyuHyun! I didn't mean to, I---" KyuHyun's laugh cut him off. "It's totally fine, Min." This time, it was KyuHyun's turn to apologize. SungMin repeatedly said it was fine, and the two idiots finally came to an agreement that the two of them could use the nicknames 'KyuHyun-ssi' and 'Min' freely.

"Oh, so what were you saying?"
SungMin bit his cheeks for a second before explaining that he had already stuffed all of his new clothes into the laundry basket. KyuHyun wasn't bothered at all. "It's fine. Just wear what you're wearing for now. While I shower, go to the kitchen and ask MinAh to get you a set of clothes. She's like Doraemon, magically taking things out of her pocket, so just leave it to her." SungMin nodded and left the room after KyuHyun had locked the bathroom door behind him.

SungMin trotted to the kitchen and found the caretaker cooking something that smelled so heavenly it got him drooling. "Um...MinAh-ssi, what are you cooking? It smells great," SungMin complimented. MinAh turned around and smiled, "Just call me noona, dear. I'm making omelet. I hope you like eggs as much as KyuHyun does." SungMin's eyebrows raised. "O-okay, noona. Um...KyuHyun-ssi likes eggs?" MinAh nodded and leaned over the kitchen table to whisper, "But he absolutely loathes vegetables. Don't tell him I added green peppers in the omelet, okay?" SungMin laughed and agreed to keep that fact a secret. That's when he remembered the reason he was in the kitchen in the first place.

"Noona, KyuHyun-ssi asked me to get a set of clothes from you...I have yet to wash the dirty clothes, so I don't have any as of now." SungMin explained. MinAh smiled and told him to relax. "I'll go get something decent for you, do you mind watching over the omelet while I'm gone?" MinAh passed her spatula to SungMin. "Okay, noona~" As soon as SungMin landed the spatula in the frying pan, MinAh blocked SungMin's view with her fair-skinned arm. "WAIT!"

SungMin turned to the woman and MinAh continued, "You DO know how to cook, right? You're not as bad as KyuHyun, right?" he giggled and replied, "Yes, I know how to cook---I've been cooking food my whole life." So KyuHyun-ssi can't cook, hm? SungMin chuckled at the thought. He watched silently as MinAh fished a hairnet from her apron pocket. "Here, wear this; No one likes to see hair in food." SungMin gawked at the bulging apron. Maybe KyuHyun was right. Maybe, just maybe, his new set of clothes were stuffed inside that pocket as well. No, SungMin, that's ridiculous. He scolded himself and returned to his cooking.

SungMin barely lifted the bottom of the egg when MinAh tapped his shoulder lightly. He turned around and smiled, asking if MinAh needed his assistance. However, she a set of neatly folded clothing to his chest instead. "Noona will take care of this so just relax!" SungMin smiled appreciatively but shook his head. "No, I'll help you wash the clothes from the bathroom. That's the least I could do. Afterall, those are my clothes, so it's only right that I wash them myself."

MinAh waited patiently for SungMin to finish talking. When the man was done, she pushed SungMin back into the room and pushed him to sit on the bed. "Now stay here and don't move until I tell you to," SungMin looked up at MinAh dumbly, trying to protest. "But I---" MinAh patted his cheeks and smiled, causing the previous warmth to grow inside him again. "No guest in this house should be treated poorly, and washing clothes is not on my list for entertaining guests." She was about to continue but she suddenly wrinkled her nose in a funny way and excused herself, zooming towards the kitchen. SungMin stayed seated, as he didn't know whether he should defy her orders or not.

So instead, SungMin stood up and started to make the bed, after placing the clean clothes on the sofa, that is. He was almost done when the bathroom door opened and steam poured out from it. SungMin turned to the direction of the bathroom and his mouth hung open as a handsome young man in a suit came into view.

KyuHyun obliviously continued to dry his hair with a small towel while walking towards his servant. He asked SungMin to shower before sitting down on the bed, unable to look at the man as his hair was covering his eyes. A few minutes passed and KyuHyun stopped ruffling his hair when he couldn't hear any footsteps. He was faintly surprised to find SungMin standing completely still in front of him with an opened mouth. "Min, what's wrong?" SungMin's flabbergasted expression stuck to his face for a few more seconds before he finally blinked. He looked down at his master who was (somehow) sitting in front of him. "Min, are you alright?" KyuHyun asked, his voice full of nothing but concern.

SungMin managed to nod and he thought aloud, "You look handsome." KyuHyun blinked a few times out of confusion and finally laughed. Why is he so freaking cute? KyuHyun squealed in his head but held a placid expression as he asked SungMin to quickly take a shower so they could have breakfast together. When SungMin finally entered the bathroom, KyuHyun lay down on his bed, not realizing that it was beautifully made, and buried his face into his largest pillow. Then, he squealed like a pig.