She Investigates

My Servant, My Lover

Previously... the KyuMin pair has gotten back to LeeTeuk's hotel, but a mysterious woman appears, who seems to be very interested in them.


KyuHyun has it all planned out.
Since he has a full 2 weeks of holiday, he’s going to spend the remaining 3 days of the first week taking SungMin to attractions nearby the hotel.
He hasn’t decided on an itinerary for the second week yet, but he’ll come to that next time.

Glancing at his watch, it is currently 10 a.m. Neither him nor SungMin wanted to get out of bed, so they’ve both been lying around, chatting about past events and watching random shows on the hotel flatscreen.

“That looks delicious… I wonder if I’d be able to make something like that one day.” SungMin mumbled, watching as the TV presenter ate a large piece of tender steak. KyuHyun hummed, as if deep in thought.
Moments later, tummy rumbling noises filled the room and KyuHyun burst out laughing. The other man pouted and tried to cover the noises with his arms.

“Shall we get room service?” KyuHyun wiped a tear from his eye as he passed the menu on the bedside table to his servant. They looked at the items together, and he looked on in amusement as SungMin gasped from the prices. “T…These are the same things the restaurant serves, but it’s so much more expensive!” His master scoffed, telling him to just choose something. When the shorter man refused, KyuHyun huffed in annoyance.

“Fine then. Are we getting ready or what? …Unless you want to wear your Doraemon pajamas to the restaurant.” KyuHyun stretched and started teasing his poor servant, who fell off the bed whilst trying to rush.

KyuHyun peered at his servant from the top of the bed, subconsciously still making sure the other man was alright. SungMin looked up and their eyes met directly.
For some reasons, the atmosphere became tense, and both could not look away.

It was minutes before the men snapped out of their trance and realized someone was knocking at their hotel door. SungMin blushed and quickly got up, running towards the door. KyuHyun cleared his throat while checking if he, too, was blushing, in a nearby mirror.

He could just about make out the conversation SungMin was having with who he presumed was the maid. “… Yes, we’ll see how it goes. Thank you very much.”

Soon enough, SungMin materialized next to his master and relayed the information he received. “They said that the breakfast buffet has just ended, but we are welcome to start ordering brunch downstairs. Alternately, breakfast will still be available up till 12 via room service.” KyuHyun nodded. “Would you like breakfast or do you prefer to have brunch directly?”

SungMin pondered for a short moment before shrugging his shoulders. “Anything’s fine, KyuHyun-ssi.” His master’s lips formed a straight line, looking like a reluctant smile, as he thought about his choices. “Okay, we’ll go down for brunch then.”

Meanwhile, downstairs in the restaurant…

An elegant looking lady, dressed in a long, tight black dress, caught the attention of many as she sipped her tea. Her movements were graceful, but her eyes would never focus on her food, nor her companion. They flitted around the room, and always gravitated back towards the restaurant entrance.

“Would you like to have anything else? You’ve already had 4 teapots of Darjeeling…” Her concerned counterpart, a handsome male in his 30’s with gelled hair, started to get concerned regarding her unusual behaviour. From previous experiences, his lady is always attentive and ready to converse, especially when he spoils her with glamorous, out-of-the-way trips like these (Although, he could not deny her disappointment when she found out they weren’t traveling overseas for the New Year holidays).

As with the last 4 hours, there was no response to his question. He heaved a silent sigh and continued to drink his tenth cup of tea. He could use some wine right about now. He readied his arm, about to flag down a waiter for just that, when his lady finally stirred. Her whole body twisted and suddenly, her whole attention was focused on the men entering the restaurant.

He looked up. The taller man was handsome and appeared confident, surely a billionaire of sorts. He looked familiar, as if he’s seen him numerous times in the past. The shorter male walking just half-a-step behind him looked adorable and unguarded. They gathered some attention from passing female clients, but otherwise did not stand out too much. He soon realized that they were the same pair who attracted his lady’s attention the previous night, as well. He returned his gaze to his lady. Her eyes were following their every movement, and suddenly he knew: To her, he no longer existed.

“Here is your table, sirs. LeeTeuk-ssi has prepared a special lunch course for you, would you like to know more about it?” The waitress politely explained as the men took their seats.

KyuHyun appeared curious, so the waitress started to describe the course contents, “Would it be possible to swap the chicken with steak? I don’t mind paying a higher price,” KyuHyun asked. “Oh, and a bottle of Merlot.” The waitress did not appear fazed at all, nodding and leaving soon after.

A questioning look from SungMin made him smile. “What?” KyuHyun leaned forward, both elbows on the table. His servant looked confused still, and finally moved his pouty lips to ask: “Why steak? I don’t mind chicken at all! And are you really having alcohol this early in the day?”

KyuHyun chuckled. “You were soaking the bed wet with your saliva this morning. Of course, I had to accommodate your needs. Besides, what’s a little wine between us two, right?”

SungMin blushed, denying everything his master has just said. He waved his hands around, and as per usual, KyuHyun just watched in amusement, laughing along.

The aforementioned lady continued to lean towards the pair’s table, which was unfortunately, again a few tables away. When the noisy table next to her finally cleared out, she strained her ears to see if she could eavesdrop on anything.

“You were soaking the bed wet with your saliva this morning. Of course, I had to accommodate your needs. Besides, what’s a little wine between us two, right?” The two men shared a laugh afterwards.

The lady blushed bright red, wondering what on Earth were they talking about. “Excuse me, would you like to have a look at the lunch menu now?” An annoying waiter arrived at their table, and if only to maintain her image, she smiled sweetly and nodded. She glanced back at the pair as the waiter cleared her table. Oh well, at least she could still watch them for a little more.

Throughout the brunch, she remained distracted. She even missed a few times, causing some spillage. She did not even register her companion’s surprised face. He even slapped his face a few times as discreetly as he could, wondering whether he was dreaming. His lady does not make a mess of her food, and definitely does not---wait, is she drooling??

As soon as the thought invaded his mind, she seemed to sense it and wiped off the excess saliva. She coughed and sat straighter, her eyes finally turned to him. He was about to smile, finally getting the attention he was craving for, but the smile faded before it was even fully complete.

The lady’s eyes have turned darker, seemingly furious. The rest of her face remained placid, which seemed to intensify the anger. He gulped.

“YongHwa-ssi. Do you see those guys over there? One of them is Cho KyuHyun---” He gasped. “You mean that Cho Kyu Hyun?? No wonder he looked familiar!” She nodded gravely and continued: “I don’t know who his partner is. Investigate into this matter immediately.”

He gave a shaky laugh. “O-of course. I’ll do it right after our short getaway.”

Her stare hardened, and he tensed up, sensing that he made a mistake. “I asked you to investigate immediately,” He glared at her, unable to swallow this new attitude. He was about to retort, when she returned to her usual, amiable self. Under the table, she slid her foot up and down his legs. She smirked as he let out an involuntary shiver.

“Look, it’s better to investigate while our subject is still within our grasp, isn’t it? You can do at least that much for me, can’t you, detective-ssi?” She bit her lips seductively, leaning the upper-half of her body on the table, showing cleavage. He sighed, knowing that he has lost, and will always be wrapped around her finger.

He trailed his fingertips from her hand up to her neck, entangling his hand into her hair. He was about to lean forwards for a kiss, when she swatted his hand away. “You won’t be getting any until you complete your task.”

He growled, and she simply flashed an extremely fake, innocent smile. Just then, their food arrived, and all conversation has stopped once more. Why, oh why is he such a weak man?

“And where are we heading to now, KyuHyun-ssi?”

KyuHyun simply smiled as he supported SungMin’s hand as he entered the same van as before. “You’ll see. I have a feeling you’ll love it”.

Although he sounded confident, KyuHyun wasn’t exactly sure. It’s either he hates it, or he LOVES it. He just hopes that things will go well, and the latter will prevail.

Tak Tak Tak. Click Click. Tak Tak Tak Tak---

“WHAT are you doing?!”

YongHwa looked up at his lady. The lady he has been courting for a year now. Well, she’s no longer mine, it seems.

“I’m looking through the online database for all the passports in South Korea. This here is Cho Kyu Hyun’s.” He enlarged an image, and watched dejectedly as the lady’s face brightened marginally, before being replaced with a deadly glare. He quickly closed the image and continued to scroll through the large data. “However, I have not been able to find his partner’s passport. We do not know his name. But even then, image recognition systems are not able to pair his face to anything in the data. Either he’s a foreigner or he does not possess a passport.”

The lady’s pretty face scrunched up in frustration. “… No. He definitely looks Korean.” She mumbled, looking at the picture they secretly took when the pair entered a van just a few minutes ago. “What else can you do?”

The detective sighed, propping his head up with his hand. “Do we really need to do this? This is supposed to be our mini-getaway, but here we are, cooped up in the hotel’s meeting room, trying to stalk someone!” He boomed, irritation coursing through his veins.

She only sighed, shaking her head. As if he doesn’t understand. “Look, you are the country’s best detective. If I can’t rely on you, who else can I go to?” He blushed, despite everything. She continued, “Besides, we’re in this situation because you were too much of a cheapskate to organize an overseas vacation!”

“OK. If that’s the real problem here, then sure. I’ll whisk you away to a place far, far away. Can we just stop this then?!” She tsk-ed and climbed on his lap. She his face gently, cupping it as she turned him towards her. He growled, trying to keep himself from giving in.

Her sultry, gentle voice resonated in him. “No, my dear. Now that we’re already so deep in this… investigation,” She slid her hands down his suit. “We can’t give up. You told me, when we first met, that you’d do anything to make me happy. Don’t you want to see me happy?” She pouted, and damn it, he could feel his resolve weakening.

“If you could find out who this unknown fugitive is, I’ll be sure to reward you plenty”. She popped open a button of her shirt, smirking. He gulped. “F-Fine. Let’s get this done and over with.”

“NOW you’re talking”. Her smirk and whatever flirtation she displayed dissipated instantly as she climbed out of his lap, buttoning her shirt. He looked at her, aghast.

She simply glared at him. “Get on with it! Nothing’s going to happen even if you keep staring at me like that!” She snapped. He straightened involuntarily and grumbled as he got back to work.

Only 3 days ‘till the end of their short holiday.

It is going to be the longest three days of his life.