The First Christmas || SungMin Day

My Servant, My Lover

"Min!"

"Y-yes?" SungMin stuttered as he ran to the bedroom. It wasn't usual for KyuHyun to scream like that. The man was seen fumbling through the shirts section of his walk-in closet irritatingly. "Where's my blue shirt?" SungMin bit his lips and gave a low bow. "I-I'm sorry, KyuHyun-ssi, but it's in the laundry. I haven't been able to wash the shirt because it has started to snow recently---" "What has the snow got to do with this? We have a dryer, don't we?" KyuHyun was exceptionally short-tempered that morning, because he woke up later than usual (SungMin tried to wake him up but failed, so he woke up thirty minutes later than his alarm) and was in a rush since he has a meeting before the academy opens at 8.

"Y-yes, but the snow has been blocking the door to the verandah, so noona and I have been trying our best to clear up the snow... we're going to move the washing machine and dryer into the house today..." SungMin explained, his nervous hands his thick sweater. He jumped a little when he heard KyuHyun's exagerrated sigh, and quietly exited the room when KyuHyun told him to prepare breakfast.

As soon as his servant left, KyuHyun ruffled his hair, annoyed. Making a mental note to apologize to the innocent rabbit later, he randomly picked a shirt and went to take a quick shower, glad that the water could finally drown the noise that the damned bird keeps making.


"SungMin? What's wrong?" MinAh asked, concerned when she realized that SungMin has been acting differently. Usually he'd chat with her while preparing breakfast, creating a merry atmosphere, but today it seemed as if he was some sort of zombie.

The said man turned to the maid and offered a weak smile. "Nothing's wrong, noona. Don't worry." He said as he gently turned the egg that was on the pan. She took a whiff of the wonderful scent, and approached the man. "What's wrong?" SungMin's frown became evident as he sighed softly. "It's just that... KyuHyun-ssi's a bit cranky this morning..." He panicked when he saw how MinAh's face turned dark, and hurriedly said: "B-but it's not his fault! It's entirely my fault because I didn't wash all the dirty clothes and also, I didn't manage to wake him up today." SungMin's eyebrows furrowed and MinAh's heart shattered at the sight. She could tell he was truly sorry, even though it wasn't his fault at all. "The clothes can't be washed in this weather! We can both wash it when we move the machines back here later, and besides, it's KyuHyun's own fault that he's such a heavy sleeper! Don't blame yourself, okay?" A pat of the back was what made the petite man smile again. "Okay..."

"Is the food ready yet? I need to leave in five. MinAh, get the driver to prepare the car." KyuHyun came into the kitchen wearing a black suit, talking so fast the words almost got jumbled together. Being the experienced worker that she was, MinAh immediately got the message and went ahead to call the driver that was waiting in the basement parking lot. While she busied herself, SungMin quickly served the fried eggs and bacons. "W-What drink would you like today, mast---KyuHyun-ssi?" He was flustered and in his panicked state, he almost reverted back to his old self, the one who was afraid of KyuHyun. The latter is a smart man, and picked it up as soon as the sentence started. "Min, sit down." "But your drink?" "It's okay. Just sit here." KyuHyun said, patting the chair next to him, and proceeded to stuffing himself with the hot food. He coughed a little because it was too hot, and his caring servant got him a glass of water before sitting.

"A-are you okay?" KyuHyun nodded when he finished swallowing the lump of food. "Yep. Don't worry. I need to go now, but I have to tell you---" KyuHyun stopped midway and gave a short, one-armed hug to his servant. "---Sorry for my attitude this morning. I'll buy you cake on the way home. Will you forgive me?" He felt SungMin nod and he smiled. "Alright then. See you later." KyuHyun said as he stood up, smirking when he noticed the blush that clouded SungMin's cheeks. SungMin saw him off at the entrance, and he sprinted to the elevator, glad that his servant wasn't angry at him.

During the meeting later though, KyuHyun couldn't concentrate well because the embarrassment of initiating skinship caught up to him as of late.


"Hey, Mr. President!" KyuHyun turned around to see his secretary, Victoria. "Don't call me that. What do you want?" He replied playfully. Victoria acts like she is KyuHyun's mother, and he's thankful for that, because for the most part his parents were always busy with work when he was young, and left him to his own devices when he took over the academy.

The beautiful lady placed a hand on his shoulder (She's tall, and when she wears heels she could easily reach his shoulders) and winked. "It's been long since we've had a drink. Want to go to the new bar that just opened?" KyuHyun gave an apologetic smile. "Sorry, but I'm busy today." "You have been saying that since two months ago! What are you keeping from me?" "N-Not much. Just, yeah." Victoria smirked. "Did you get yourself a woman?" KyuHyun looked at her with wide eyes, clearly flustered. "W-what?" Min isn't a woman... and we don't have that type of relationship... "Alright then. Since you have someone waiting for you at home, I should leave you alone lest she gets jealous." With that, she left the president alone in the office. 

It's true that Min's waiting for me at home, but he probably won't get jealous... because... we're just master and servant. The thought depressed him for some reason. He knows that he's a very down-to-earth kind of person, so the sadness that the reality of their relationship brought surprised him to no end. No. Maybe I'm just sad because Min wouldn't stay as a friend if I hadn't forced him to.

With the thoughts filling his mind, he absent-mindedly drove himself to the famous bakery a few blocks from the academy. "Oh right. Cake." As soon as he got off the car his nostrils flared due to the sudden smell of baked goods. The delicious scent intensified when he entered the bakery. The bakery itself was very homey-looking, sporting a unique, antique look that he knew all too well. After he met SungMin, he has made countless of silly mistakes and repaid them with the cakes this bakery made. Looking around, he noticed a lot of Christmas decorations. That's right. Christmas is approaching... MinAh would take a one-week off as usual, so that leaves me with Min. Maybe I should give him something for Christmas. For now, cakes.

Strawberry, chocolate, banana... The bakery sells a large variety of cakes, and choosing one always proved to be difficult. "How may I help you today, Cho-ssi?" The shop assistant arrived soon after spotting the tall regular customer. "I need another cake. The regular size." "Well, today we've experimented new flavours... they're over here. Come to think of it, you've suddenly started buying our cakes even though this bakery has been open for years now. I don't mean to pry, but have you gotten yourself a girlfriend of some sort?" KyuHyun stiffened.

Why is everyone asking the same thing today? Do I act differently after meeting Min? "Um... not really..." The assistant smiled, "Don't need to be shy~ If you've got one, then congratulations! It's sad how we single ladies lost our idol though. Hahaha"

"Idol?"

"It's nothing. Don't worry about it." She laughed as she picked out a cake from a particular shelf. "Does this flavour appeal to you?" KyuHyun supressed his curiousity as best as he could and decided not to be nosy when he nodded.


"Welcome home, KyuHyun-ssi~" KyuHyun smiled. Thank goodness his servant wasn't acting awkward. "Jjang~" He squealed, showing the cake box he was holding proudly. If word of his attitude when he's around SungMin gets to the public, he'd probably die from embarrassment. All worries were pushed aside though, when SungMin flashed his charming smile.

The two of them entered the kitchen instantly, with KyuHyun placing the cake in the fridge. "Let's have dinner first." KyuHyun suggested. SungMin shook his head to contradict, but still followed the instructions anyway. The cute servant lifted up the metal food covers to reveal two plates of hamburgers, a plate of steamed lobster and a small plate of broccoli. "Min..." KyuHyun whined, pointing at the offending looking veggie. SungMin looked up at him with large, overly-innocent eyes. "Yes?" He gave an eye smile and poked his fork through one broccoli. "Aahh~" SungMin sang as he held the veggie in front of his master's mouth.

SungMin knew his master hated vegetables, but he also knew that veggies are essential for good health. Besides that, he felt accomplished since MinAh couldn't get him to eat vegetables even after knowing him her whole life, but he could make him eat them even though they've only known each other for a few months. As expected, KyuHyun opened his mouth willingly. No mortal can resist that. He thought as he tried his best to swallow the food without chewing. "KyuHyun-ssi, you'll choke if you eat like that." SungMin warned worriedly, and KyuHyun lost once more. He chewed like a cow and swallowed as if he was forced to eat rocks. Seeing his servant clap so excitedly, however, made him feel that even eating rocks would be worth it.

"Oh no!" KyuHyun looked up from his share of the lobster curiously. It has been five minutes since they started eating dinner when SungMin gasped all of a sudden. "Did you forget to feed Aegyo?" KyuHyun asked hopefully, seriously praying that the damned bird would escape soon. To his disappointment: "No, but I forgot I was supposed to move the machine in since noona went back already..." He explained as he got up and ran out of the kitchen. "Do you need help?" KyuHyun called, but the other man assured him that he would be perfectly fine, so he continued on eating.

"B-back!" SungMin waddled back after a good ten minutes. "What took you so long?" "The snow started piling up again so I had to clear that up first, and to add, the machines were quite heavy..." He replied after washing his hands. Sitting down, he grabbed his cold hamburger and started gulping down the food. "Oh right, Min... it's not like I want to criticize you, but when you eat, you should use your utensils instead of hands. I might have some visitors over next time, and I don't want them to talk bad about you, because they did the same to me years ago." SungMin blushed bright red, apologizing right away. "I'm sor---" "It's okay, don't worry. Look, with a hamburger, you use a knife to cut the burger into four pieces..." SungMin picked up the metal knife next to his plate (which he hardly ever uses), and stabbed it in the middle of the sightly eaten burger. The juices flowed out and the plate turned orange-ish in colour. "No, try to do it gently. Like this," KyuHyun said, and took his servant's hands.

He pulled away instantly. SungMin looked up at him, confused. "What's wrong?" "What's wrong?!" KyuHyun repeated the question. "Why are your hands so damned cold?! They're freezing!" SungMin laughed lightly. "It's alright, they'll warm up in a while. It was colder in the afternoon when noona and I were shoving the thick snow out of the verandah. Hehehe~" He giggled cutely, trying to assure his master (because it worked once), but the latter was not going to let this slip by. "We have to warm them up. Come on, go to the bedroom. I'll take out the portable heater." SungMin tried to resist, but it fell on deaf ears so he followed his master to the bedroom.

"The food will taste bad if we don't eat it soon... I can do this myself, so go and finish your dinner first, KyuHyun-ssi..." SungMin muttered, staring at his master who was kneeling in front of him. He felt disrespectful because he was seated on the bed while he master was on the floor, but what could he do? He has to follow orders afterall.

"It's okay." Was his master's only reply before he got back to heating up his hands. Not knowing what to do, he looked around the room awkwardly, and his eyes finally landed on the calendar. The 24th and 25th of December was higlighted with the colour green, and he realized, Christmas is coming! I need to buy KyuHyun-ssi something too... to thank him for taking such good care of me, when he didn't have to...

"KyuHyun-ssi, may I ask you for a favour?" KyuHyun looked up, confused. SungMin isn't the type to ask for favours. "Can I go grocery shopping with noona tomorrow? All this time she has been doing the shopping, and I think carrying so many bags at once must be tiring---" KyuHyun scoffed. "You worry too much. As much as I hate her, I wouldn't make her do anything that could hurt her. She usually goes shopping with two bodyguards who help carry the items. Haven't you seen them before?" SungMin shook his head. "No, she usually brings the stuff in herself, so I didn't know... sorry." There goes my plan. I wanted to buy a gift using grocery shopping as an excuse, but it's not going the way I want to.

"Do you want to join her for shopping tomorrow?" SungMin looked at KyuHyun with wide eyes, some droplets of sweat forming on his forehead. "H-How did you know?" KyuHyun gave a hearty laugh. "You're too cute! Okay, you can go." He smiled fondly, and SungMin's lips formed a thin line. "T-thank you so much, KyuHyun-ssi." "Don't mention it. Just ask me when you need something, okay?" Seeing his servant nod, he went back to making sure that his servant's hands were getting back to 37 degrees celcius.


After dinner, KyuHyun took out the cake as SungMin waited curiously. "They said it was a new flavour so I bought it..."

The box was opened and SungMin squealed. On the cake was a small flag that read 'Pumpkin'. KyuHyun seemed surprised. "You like Pumpkin?" "Yes!" The man giggled as he ran around setting the table. KyuHyun leaned onto his hand, smiling at his own pumpkin adoringly. "Christmas is approaching, right?"

SungMin abruptly stopped cutting the cake and looked at his master, trying to act nonchalant. "...Yes." "How 'bout we celebrate with pumpkin cake?" SungMin drooled. "C-can w-we?" KyuHyun laughed once more that night. His servant is so amusing. "Yes, we can. Christmas is in a week or two, if I'm not mistaken, so how 'bout you go shopping with MinAh tomorrow afternoon, then I'll pick you up after my meeting? She can bring the goods back here, and then we can visit a bakery together." SungMin nodded, formulating a plan to keep his future gift hidden. Perhaps he could pass it to MinAh noona when she brings the groceries back home. "Then it's set. Once you're done shopping, just wait for me inside. I'll be there by four-thirty."


"Noona! Can we go grocery shopping together today?" SungMin asked after KyuHyun left for work. MinAh turned around, hands filled with clean cloths for cleaning. "Sure. I've already received orders from KyuHyun to stay with you till at least four pm. Why are you suddenly interested in this?" He scratched the back of his head sheepishly, replying with: "O-one of the reasons was because I thought the items were too heavy for you to carry, but... I have a hidden motive... I... Want to buy a Christmas present for KyuHyun-ssi, but I can't just go out with that reason, otherwise there'd be no suprise!" SungMin confessed, and MinAh giggled internally. He's just so cute. KyuHyun doesn't deserve someone as cute as SungMinnie.

"Sure sure. Instead of the department store, I'll bring you to the district where Christmas is most celebrated. You'll be likely to find more things there." MinAh smiled, and SungMin was thankful. "Do you have money? You can use mine if you want to," MinAh offered, because SungMin was such a rare case. Professional maids like her get their salary transferred to their bank accounts, but SungMin was... 'picked up', so she didn't know whether KyuHyun pays him or not. "No, that's fine. Actually, even though I owe KyuHyun-ssi a lot, he is so kind as to give me a salary." "Oh? How much? Is it enough for the gift?" At this, SungMin blushed. "I...Yes, it's more than enough. Since I have not used the money at all, because all my expenses are paid for... to be honest I don't do enough to receive such a high payment..." MinAh laughed. SungMin was acting just like she was when she got her first salary. It was a shocking amount.

"I understand. Later, keep close to me because there'd be a lot of people, and you'll get lost, okay?" SungMin nodded, grateful that MinAh did not pry further, but was still so helpful. He took a mental note to buy something for MinAh on the way.


"What should I buy for KyuHyun-ssi? Uwuuu... this is harder than I thought..." SungMin whined softly. He and MinAh were currently in front of the map of the large department store. This building was larger than any that KyuHyun has ever brought him to, and he was indeed, utterly confused. How could one building have so many outlets, and so many divisions? "You can buy him ANYTHING. Trust me, just say Merry Christmas and he'd be the happiest man alive; that starstruck idiot." "Starstruck?" "Ignore that. Seriously though, I think you should just buy some ribbons and wrap them around yourself." "I-I don't think KyuHyun-ssi would like that at all..." "You don't understand how that guy works! Come, let noona take charge."

SungMin gulped, eyebrows furrowing. He was worried, because MinAh's ideas all seem so illogical, but then again, MinAh has been with KyuHyun longer, so she should know best. With that in mind, he meekly followed her to a few branded stores.


Choi Si Won. Forever the handsome saint, but there was one very large drawback to his personality. He was, and still is, a flirt. That may well be the only reason why his past relationships never work out. His only flaw made him single for a good year now.

That very afternoon, his fridge decided to run out of instant food and being the considerate man that he is, he didn't want to further impose on the old maid who was currently vacuuming the floor. "I'll be going out for a moment, can you take care of the apartment 'till I come back?" He shouted over the noise and left as soon as his maid nodded. On the way to his sportscar, he met DongHae, the man he 'saved' about a week ago. Initially he only helped because the former was handsome, but drew the line when he found out DongHae was taken. "Good mownwing!" The cheerful man screamed with two pieces of white bread stuffed in his mouth.

SiWon smiled sadly. Too bad he couldn't flirt with the man. He's just so irresistable. "Good morning, DongHae-ssi." "Where are you going this afternoon? I have an off-day today, so I guess I'll go on a Christmas Shopping Spree to buy gifts for Hyukkie and a few hospital staffs. Would you like to go with me?" I won't be able to resist my flirting needs if I shop with him... But now that I think about it, I do need to buy some gifts... "Sure, I'll drive you there, but I have some other things to do, so we'll be shopping separately---" "It's okay~ I can ask Hyukkie to pick me up when I'm done!" DongHae beamed, and successfully choking on his bread afterwards.


It was already four o'clock and SiWon has almost completed his gift list. "I was so immersed in gift-buying that I forgot to eat..." He mumbled to himself, and was grateful when a convenience store came into sight. "Perfect~"He purred, and the nearby ladies who heard almost fainted. As per usual.

Entering the store, he apologized to a woman who looked like she was fifty years old because he almost bumped into her. It wasn't his fault, since she was looking behind her, saying something like, "He'll be here in thirty minutes, so be good! I'll put the gift under the bed!". However, he still felt the need to apologize first. Thankfully, the woman wasn't the fussy type and begged for pardon as well before leaving.

Smiling, he browsed around the store, and stopped when he saw a short (in his eyes) man who was reaching for a box placed on the highest shelf. He smirked, finding the man good looking. I guess that was another drawback to his holy self: He was bi.

He made his way to the man and purposely leaned on his back to reach the small box of biscuits. "Here." He smiled seductively, but instead of blushing and possibly asking for his number like the average person, this guy immediately detached himself and gave a ninety degree bow, thanking him for his 'generous help'.


Once the car was properly parked, KyuHyun got out of the car and ran into the convenience store MinAh told him to go to. The meeting ended ten minutes earlier, and the place that SungMin went to wasn't too far from the academy, so he was feeling jolly when he reached. He expected SungMin to cling onto him and tell him about the events that happened that day, because his servant is just cute like that.

Instead of that, though, the first thing he saw when he entered the store was the sight of a tall, handsome man writing what was obviously his phone number onto his SungMin's palm. He stomped his way to the disturbing scene and pulled his servant to him. "Excuse me, but what do you think you are doing to him?" KyuHyun glared, his tone ice-cold. "KyuHyun-ssi, this is SiWo---" "Is he your friend?" "N-no, but I met him just before you arrived, and he gave me his number, so I'm sure we'll be fast friends!"

At that, KyuHyun snapped. He tossed the biscuit packet into a random shelf and dragged SungMin out, leaving a very confused SiWon. Are they together? Oh no... I hope the guy doesn't get the wrong idea... I only flirted with SungMin-ssi because I thought he was single... SiWon thought to himself, worried, and at the same time, disappointed because That guy seemed interesting...

Not to worry though, because a lady walked over and winked at him, which occupied his mind, and images of SungMin disappeared instantly.


"K-KyuHyun-ssi?!" SungMin squealed when he was thrown into the familiar Audi harshly. His seemingly furious master climbed in not long after and started driving without a word. He tried to stir up a conversation, but his master was silent, and he was starting to worry because: A) His master wasn't wearing his seat belt; B) His master was going over the speed limit; and C) His master's knuckles were turning white from gripping the wheel too hard. Thankfully, KyuHyun still braked when the lights were red and when there were cars in front.

Upon reaching the condominium, KyuHyun pushed SungMin into the bedroom and slammed the door shut. MinAh, who was in the kitchen, was shocked to see a fuming KyuHyun, but trusted that he wouldn't do anything to the poor servant, so she kept calm and continued to do her work.

As soon as the duo reached the bedroom, KyuHyun threw himself onto the black sofa and covered his eyes with his right arm. The worried servant stood there, wondering if he did anything to upset his usually patient master. "K-KyuHyun-ssi, are you angry at me?" SungMin asked, hoping that it wasn't his fault. KyuHyun removed his arm and opened an eye to see his servant who had both eyes clenched shut, hands his shirt. Immediately he felt guilty.

Am I angry? ...I guess I am. But I'm mostly frustrated because I don't know the reason why I'm angry in the first place. Was it because Min went shopping instead of waiting at the entrance? No, that's not his fault, and I shouldn't get angry since I was the one who arrived earlier. Was it because he wanted to go grocery shopping? No, I don't mind one bit. Was it because--- "I was talking to a stranger?" KyuHyun jerked up into a sitting position. It was. He was angry because SungMin was talking to a stranger. But why?

"KyuHyun-ssi... I'm awfully sorry. I-I won't do it again, so please don't get angry..." His train of worries were interrupted by SungMin's soft voice, and he regretted everything he did because damn it, his servant was tearing up. Eyes large and shiny. He ruffled his head, annoyed at himself, but obviously, the other didn't know and tensed up instead. "I really really am sorry, KyuHyun-ssi..." KyuHyun sighed. "No, I'm not angry at you."

"But---"

"I'm not. I'm angry at myself." The tears that were about to drop seemed to dry up because of the large wave of confusion that washed over him. SungMin tilted his head, not knowing what his master meant, but at the same time, he didn't dare to ask for fear that he would aggravate his master further. So he resumed his military pose, looking around, at anything but his master. He decided that if his kind master needed space, then it's space he'd provide. Afterall, what else could he do to repay KyuHyun?

After a few minutes of massaging his temple, KyuHyun spoke up. "Min... Sorry. I must have scared you, dragging you and slamming things all of a sudden. I even got angry at you yesterday." SungMin shook his head, reassuring the taller man. "No, it's perfectly fine! I understand that it's hard to put up with a country bumpkin like me," He started, but KyuHyun couldn't take this selfless act no more. "Min, stop that! You're too good to be true. You're so nice all the time, you never got angry, you're always willing to try, you're so innocent and I just get so frustrated sometimes because I feel as if everything I do is going to taint you!" KyuHyun panted slightly after letting out all of his steam, and he expected his sensitive servant to cry again, but it'd be alright. SungMin has every right to cry, or to lash out because he knew he was being creepy. When he received no reply, however, he looked up and all he saw was a gaping Min.

"Sung...Min?"

A small, miniscule smile appeared. "Hehehe... KyuHyun-ssi, you are indeed nice!" The smile grew and he grinned. "Only you would pay so much attention to me, only you would look at me in such a good light. I'm not nice, I'm always irritated by the smallest things, I give up shortly after trying, and I'm most definitely not innocent! Heck, I'm older than you! But what do you expect me to do? I'm your slave!" SungMin covered his mouth with both hands as soon as he was done, and slowly lifted his gaze to meet eyes with his shocked master. He did not plan on saying the last four sentences.

"I see... so you thought I was complimenting you? Why don't you prove me wrong then? It's getting annoying how easy it seems to put yourself down like that!" KyuHyun was more than happy that his servant seems to be getting closer to him that evening, but he wanted to know more about the man. SungMin is a shy, modest man, so if he asked these questions like you would to the usual person he'd probably try to change the topic. So he wants to try to dig up the 'real' Min when his guard is lowered.

"I... I once walked under the rain with an umbrella in hand, and I bumped into a stray cat. It was cold and wet, but I didn't pick him up because I'm not nice. I used to nag the customers who littered outside the shop I worked at, and this simply shows how hot-headed I am. I wanted to try to go to the city to find a better job, but I gave up after two days! And lastly, I am not innocent, because... I... I used to read adult magazine covers when I placed them on the shelf..."

KyuHyun laughed. He's laughed more than he did in his 28 years of living after meeting SungMin, and it has only been what, 3 months? "W-w-why are you laughing at me? I-I don't recall saying anything funny..." The petite man puffed his cheeks and pouted with all his might. "Min! Seriously, I love you too much!"

.

.

.

Silence.

KyuHyun stopped laughing as soon as he realized what he said, and he tensed up. SungMin was still pouting, so he probably didn't get it. That... I meant it as friends---I mean, between a master and a servant...? No, he doesn't even realize it. I... I should act natural. Don't fret.

"Let's have dinner, then sleep? You and I both had a busy day. I'll order the cake myself." KyuHyun gave a fake smile, but SungMin accepted it nonetheless. "May I know why you were a-angry when I talked with the stranger first?" He timidly asked, and KyuHyun gave an assuring smile. "It's nothing. Just don't do it again, okay?" SungMin nodded, and they walked towards the kitchen, preparing dinner together.

I know now. I was most likely, jealous.

KyuHyun thought, and gave himself a mental slap because SungMin would find me disgusting, having thoughts like that for another man.


"MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!" Both KyuHyun and SungMin squealed. MinAh took her usual holiday leave and so, both men decided to have a small party amongst themselves. "Ah, since it's Christmas, I bought some red wine. Do you perhaps..." "WINE!" SungMin jumped in happiness, and KyuHyun's worries dissipated. "Before we start drinking, I have a gift for you! Please wait here!" Before KyuHyun could speak, SungMin bolted to the bedroom, leaving him to wonder what was going through his servant's head this time.

Five minutes later...

"I didn't think this was a good gift, but noona said it was, so I trusted her and bought it..." KyuHyun turned to the source of the voice, feeling giddy and excited. What he saw was not what he expected.

Standing proudly was SungMin in a one-piece reindeer suit, complete with a big red nose and antlers. In his hands was a green-coloured cardboard with white letters saying 'Merry Christmas KyuHyun-ssi! Let's have a merry merry year together ^^' asdfghjkl wai do you have to be so cute oh damn my feels.

That night, KyuHyun almost died of happiness.

And in case you were wondering, KyuHyun got his little pumpkin a largeeee pumpkin Christmas cake and a really expensive watch (To which SungMin reacted with: "Y-you didn't have to get me anything! Oh my, I feel like my gift is so useless! I should have thought more about what you liked, instead of just wearing a costume---" "No, Min, you made my life. Now stop ranting and let's get drunk on wine. Then can I die happy.")

That night, SungMin wondered if his master has a loose screw somewhere.



There are five more hours till the first of January and KyuHyun's as frantic as a featherless chicken. 

"I trust that the whole restaurant's empty and well decorated?" "Yes, Kyu. We have everything covered. Sheesh I swear you're acting as if you're getting marrie---" (Call terminated).

"Is the flight confirmed? I swear if you even delay it---" "We have reserved one of our best planes for your flight next week, so please do not worry, sir."

"Where are you?!" "In the parking lot, sir." "Okay. Keep the car clean. I'm almost there."

"Hello?" "MinAh! Is SungMin still preoccupied?" "Yes, he's with Aegyo right now. Aigooo, you're acting so worried. I'd bet you made a thousand calls before this, am I right?" "..." "Hahaha. It's the first time I've seen you so nervous. Just calm down, okay? Everything will be fine! Afterall, you've been planning this since Christmas, and that's more than enough time for the legendary Cho Kyu Hyun." He gave a shaky laugh and hung up not long after.

You see, KyuHyun is on his way back home with a small box in his hands. It is SungMin's birthday gift, for his birthday is on the first of January, and he has prepared a splendid suprise party for the clueless man. He paid his driver a large sum of money so the worker could drive them in the limo, and had already booked HeeChul's bar (also making sure that there are no underground activities on that specific day). He booked a flight back to where he believed was SungMin's orphanage (He managed to choke up some details from the person who sold SungMin), and even made sure that SungMin has 0 knowledge of all of this.

"I'm home!" A not-so-little figure (In le author's eyes) ran towards the door and bowed as soon as it reached the door. "WELCOME HOME, KYUHYUN-SSI!" The figure greeted in his loudest voice and KyuHyun wanted to faint, because his servant's hair had birdfeed tangled in it. Perhaps he should have at least warned SungMin about a party or something. "Go and take a quick shower. We're going out for dinner tonight, and it's another good restaurant (Sorry I have to lie to you, Min, but that bar can be considered a restaurant when there's proper lightning, okay?) so please wear your suit."

KyuHyun has brought SungMin out to countless restaurants before, ranging from three-stars restaurants to the best five-stars restaurants in town, so SungMin is more or less accustomed to being asked to wear a suit at the very last minute. Within twenty minutes, the two were on the way to the restaurant. "Why are we suddenly eating out today? I was about to bake some potatoes..." SungMin mumbled, and KyuHyun smiled. "Cause it's New Year's Eve today! We'll be celebrating this occasion with some of my close friends; aren't you excited?" SungMin's eyes became rounder and he nodded happily. Thank goodness. He doesn't seem to remember it's his birthday.

"THE HOST IS HERE~" Screams filled the air as soon as KyuHyun stepped foot on the pavement outside HeeChul's bar. Disregarding the uneccessary noise, he helped SungMin out and the cheers turned to whistles. "Who's this, Kyu Kyu?" Victoria screamed, excited. Next to her was a handsome girl in a casual suit, joking around: "Never knew you had a thing for younger men, hyung!" "Amber, don't call me hyung. Everyone, this is SungMin." KyuHyun introduced after pushing all the guests into the bar.

SungMin was confused as to why the restaurant was so dark and had such a heavy alcoholic stench, but still bowed anyways. "Nice to meet you! I'm SungMin and my master is KyuHyun-ssi!" The whole bar went silent. KyuHyun knew why. It was rare for KyuHyun to bring his servant(s) to parties for friends. Besides that, KyuHyun's friends were usually loud and obnoxious. None of them were polite with decent morals, so this was a first.

"SungMin, eh? What should I call you? Are you older or younger than me, Minnie-chan?" "E-eh...?" "He's younger than you. Call him SungMin and stop scaring him, HeeChul." "As if you are allowed to dictate what names I want to use, you ungrateful maknae! I swear one day I will---"

The lanky man wearing flashy clothes shut up when a pair of muscular arms surrounded his waist. "Shh... We're supposed to welcome the newcomer, not pick a fight with KyuHyun. You can fight with him all you want next time, okay hun?" HeeChul pouted, and everyone almost puked at the faked innocence. "What?! Can't I be cute for once?!" HeeChul screamed and trashed about, all the while passing the glasses of wine around.

SungMin was completely thrown off guard by everyone's outgoing attitudes. They were all the polar opposites of him, and he didn't know what he should do to entertain them. Nonetheless, he still laughed and enjoyed the party thoroughly because they were all so considerate and nice to him, trying to get him to join in their wacky games and funny contests. "KyuHyun-ssi!" KyuHyun turned around, finally realizing his servant has gotten back to his side after being thrown around for another round of games. "You enjoying yourself?" "Yes! Your friends are wonderful!" KyuHyun was about to retort, but a hyper DongHae bounced to them and stole his servant away. "Don't look so moody. You get to spend the rest of the year with him!" EunHyuk laughed and patted the maknae's back consolingly. KyuHyun grinned, and they went for another round of drinks.

"Everyone! Gather up! The firework show is starting!" Everyone ran outside and faced the dark sky. "And the countdown starts... now!"

"10... 9... 8... 7... 6... 5... 4... 3... 2... 1..."

"Happy New Year!" "HAPPY BIRTHDAY SUNGMIN!"

SungMin jumped at the sound of birthday greetings from the large amount of guests. He turned to the people that were surrounding him, half embarrassed (he was the only one who said Happy New Year), half surprised because: "How did you guys know---"

Instead of answering his question, the crowd parted into two, and KyuHyun approached him slowly. "Happy birthday, SungMin."

SungMin felt so touched. His master didn't have to do any of this. He felt like the luckiest person on Earth. His expectations proved to be too low, as KyuHyun took out a small box and placed it in his palm. The crowd started shouting, "OPEN IT!"

He slowly opened the package, and a large question mark popped up on top of his head. "A... necklace? For what?" The necklace was made of silver; A simple, thin chain with a ring being it's pendant. Upon closer inspection, however, he noticed the carvings on the ring. Best Wishes---KyuHyun 01/01

"What does it say?" A few people has started to get curious when SungMin became quiet all of a sudden. He kept staring at his gift, turning it around and around. "Let me see!" DongHae in, and squinted at the small words. "BEST WISHES... KYUHYUN? ZERO ONE SLASH ZERO ONE." "..." "CHO KYUHYUN! WHAT KIND OF GIFT IS THAT?!" "That's so boring! What the heck were you thinking?!"

"Well, what else do you want me to say?!" KyuHyun retorted and suggestions started flooding in. "XOXO!" "LOVE YOU!" "FROM YOUR LOVE" "Why are they all related to love?! We're not together! The both of us are freaking straight!"

"... Kyu, stop kidding yourself." "There's no way that chemistry I see is fake."

"No... I really like my gift." Finally, the birthday boy decides to speak up. "I am just really, really happy. KyuHyun-ssi, everyone, thank you so so much!" SungMin shouted with all his might and the crowd cheered. They had planned to joke around longer, but decided not to because the cuteness distracted them all.

So the party ended and everyone went back home. "Min..." SungMin turned around. The both of them were in their pajamas, getting ready to sleep. "I actually, have err... another gift prepared. Here." He showed the tickets and SungMin, well, he was just so flabbergasted. "I'm going to visit my orphanage?"


SPPV212's Note: Whew. I rushed this. HAHAHA First posted at 12 am (in my country). XD Let's hope I made it. Happy SungMin Day everyone! Let's also have a good year ahead! This year, I'll be having my A Levels Exams, so I may not be able to update much (Not that it's rare for me to update late) :'<

Besides that, I wanted to post this separately, one on 25th and one on 1st January 2015, but couldn't because I was in Turkey for a vacation and the places I went to didn't have wifi/pcs for me to use. :/ I'm really sorry, please forgive me! *bows*