The Visit: Motel

My Servant, My Lover

"Min... Min! Wake up, sleepyhead!" KyuHyun whispered as he gently shook the sleeping man beside him. The aforementioned man stirred and shuffled closer to the human alarm, which coincidentally was also a source of heat. KyuHyun's lips were pressed into a thin line, inhuman noises escaping his mouth as the feels took over. He looked at the clock again. 7.30 a.m. He sighed. He has been trying to wake his little servant since he woke up at six, but the latter made no move to wake up, even when KyuHyun came back, fresh and dressed after an hour and a half.

It was unusual for KyuHyun to wake up before SungMin. The petite male always managed to wake up at six sharp every single morning, but on this very day he would not budge. KyuHyun's eyebrows knitted in confusion. He felt his servant's forehead, but there weren't any signs of a fever. Although he was reasonably worried about the rare situation, he couldn't help but be glad that he was finally given the chance to wake the other male up.

Deciding to do something out of character, he playfully clipped his servant's nose. Pulling it lightly, he left it there for a few seconds before the sleeping man started to open his eyes. "G-Gah! What are you---Oh, KyuHyun-ssi!" SungMin got up and sat on his knees respectfully. "I'm sorry for being so informal!"

KyuHyun shook his head. He patted the bunny's head and gave a kind smile. "Hey, I don't mind, okay? I'd rather you act like yourself when you're with me." SungMin nuzzled towards his master's large hands and wiggled his nose, before nodding apologetically. All of a sudden, confusion swept over him. "B-but why are you awake, KyuHyun-ssi?" KyuHyun looked at the man before him and smirked. "Have you really forgotten?"

Since the petite man genuinely had no clue as to what was going on, KyuHyun explained. "We're supposed to be down for breakfast by eight. Then, we'll stop overnight in a motel at around four, then we'll use a van to go to the village where your orphanage is."

SungMin's eyes almost bulged out. "We're really going to visit my orphanage?" KyuHyun's eyebrows met once again. The look was enough for SungMin to continue: "I honestly thought I was just dreaming! I kept trying to continue the dream while I was sleeping so it wouldn't end so soon. I can't believe it! We're really going to visit my home!" SungMin smiled happily, his full set of teeth showing as he lightly slapped his cheeks with his hands.

KyuHyun watched the small action unfold and snickered. What did he do in his past life to deserve so many feels? "No, you're definitely not dreaming, silly! Now then, how about you go get your teeth brushed and we go get breakfast? It's already 7.40." SungMin's head shot towards his master's direction. "But we have to reach the motel by 4?"

"Yep. We're gonna be late if you don't hurry." KyuHyun teased. Bad decision. His servant apologized and swung himself out of the large bed. In 5 minutes his servant was panting and holding the door open. KyuHyun scratched his face guiltily as he watched his servant panic. "L-let's go..." SungMin gasped out.

The taller male simply laughed. "You can't really go out like that." He calmly walked over to the cute feels-generator and straightened his pink polo shirt. Then he moved on to brush the stray hairs that were sticking out all over the place. "NOW we can go." He smiled, and the other male simply blushed, feeling butterflies in his tummy. What an odd feeling. SungMin thought to himself.


SungMin sat in a rigid, upright position as the Mercedes van kept bouncing due to the poor road conditions. It is now 1 in the afternoon and KyuHyun has been on his laptop, tending to some business emails. He peeked over the device and noticed his servant's tense posture. "Min? What's wrong?" He subsequently turned off his laptop and sat it aside.

The van was large and sprayed to achieve a shiny black coat. The inside of the vehicle is spacious and contains two seats in front for the driver and the passenger. A metal divider with a small, sliding window separated the driver from the rest of the van, where two sofas were placed adjacently, a small table located in between these sofas. Tinted windows were placed on either side of the van and stopped just as another divider appeared, where one of the sofas were attached to. Behind this divider was a smaller area that had no seats at all, to act as storage for baggage. The back doors of the car looked like the doors of a large fridge.

Currently, SungMin was seating opposite of KyuHyun. "Nothing's wrong!" SungMin exclaimed. "Well, you've been so awkward ever since we entered this car. Are you sure you're alright?" "O-Of course! Don't worry about me, KyuHyun-ssi. Just continue with your work. Don't let me disturb you."

KyuHyun sighed. "Sorry, I guess I was a bit too preoccupied with work. Let's spend some time 'till the car stops?" SungMin shook his head and protested, but his master was having none of it. "Since it's lunch time anyway, how 'bout we get some food?" His servant's lips stretched into a thin line, wondering whether he should impose on his master anymore than he is now.

As if he had telephatic abilities, KyuHyun smiled and looked through the backpack next to him. He took out two packs of instant noodles and a large flask of hot water. "It's alright. I'm hungry as well, so let's eat together? In case you were wondering, I asked the hotel to pack this for me. I figured it'd be too tedious to have a full course meal on a moving car anyway. Is that okay with you?" The other male's eyes shone as he nodded furiously, reaching for a pack, before retracting his arms, clearly embarrassed.

KyuHyun only laughed. He poured the water into both cups and slid one of them across the rectangular table. They ate in silence and threw away the remains into a random plastic bag, only starting a real conversation once they've filled their stomachs. KyuHyun took out some drinks from a small cooler bag and asked his servant to sit next to him while they talk.

Time flew by as the two enjoyed each other's company and only stopped interacting when the car stopped for the second time that day (With the first time stopping to refuel) and the driver knocked on the divider. KyuHyun glanced at his watch and noted that it was already five. He leaned forward to open the window on the divider and immediately the driver informed them that they have arrived at the destinated motel.

KyuHyun turned to SungMin and gently relayed the message. The both of them got down, luggages being carried down by the driver and a bellboy.

"Reservations for two rooms under the name Cho Kyu Hyun." KyuHyun muttered to the stout man in his fifties who sat at the counter. Two rooms were reserved because from what he saw online, every room in this run-down motel only contained one single bed. There were only three bathrooms---two on the top floor that they were staying at and one on the floor below. He has been to a motel when he was younger and screwing around secretly, but those motels were classy and expensive. A contrast to the unfurnished one he is standing in.

His trip down to memory lane stopped when one lone, rusted key was slid onto the top of the counter, where the paint was peeling off. KyuHyun stood there a while longer, waiting for the second key. When the key did not come as expected, he raised his eyebrow. "Excuse me? My reservation of two rooms?" The man who was wearing an off-white, stained collar shirt looked up from his iPhone and grunted: "No more rooms."

To say KyuHyun was flabbergasted would be a TOTAL. UNDERSTATEMENT. How was he supposed to fit into one tiny room with another grown man? He felt a vein pop in his forehead as he gritted his teeth. "I. Clearly. Paid. The. Deposit. For. Two. Rooms." The man at the counter only shrugged. "There was a hole in the ceiling of one of your rooms. The bed is soaked wet. If you still want that room, you can have it." The man slid another rusty key onto the countertop.

KyuHyun massaged his temple. He breathed in and tried to be as patient as possible. "Can you please just give me a spare room then?" The man sighed, as if he was the one who is stressed out. "There are no other rooms. We are packed at this time of the year. You should have booked earlier."

'ASDFGHJKL' KyuHyun screamed internally, wanting to do nothing but pull his hair apart. He booked the rooms last December! Besides, how could a motel located in the middle of nowhere be fully booked? He couldn't understand. He turned around and asked his driver if there were any other places they could stay.

"Sorry sir, but I'm afraid this is the only accomodation in this area." KyuHyun's lips were tightly pressed into a thin line, turning white due to the lack of circulation. "Then let's continue until we reach the orphanage." The driver shook his head slowly. "I apologize, but we cannot continue driving. It is almost 5:30pm and it is completely dark outside. I don't mind driving for another few hours, but the trip would be dangerous."

KyuHyun sighed, exasperated. "Where will you be staying for the night then?" The driver offered a small, modest smile and replied that he has decided to sleep in the car to save money. That wasn't a choice for him then. There was no way KyuHyun was going to sleep in that cramped van in the middle of the night, and he wasn't going to let SungMin do so either.

Left without a choice, KyuHyun dismissed the driver and went to the counter, snatching the first key. "I expect my deposit to be refunded." The man at the counter glared at him, clicking his tongue, which only served to irritate the bachelor even more. His mouth opened, ready to complain about the man's rude behaviour, before he felt a tug on his sleeve. He looked down and his eyes met with SungMin's.

"P-please don't get angry, KyuHyun-ssi. If the room is too cramped for the two of us, I don't mind staying in the car. I can fit myself onto the sofas." The shorter man explained softly, and immediately KyuHyun's anger dissipated. "I'm not going to let you sleep in the car, that's far too uncomfortable. Let's just go to our room." SungMin did not say anything more and simply followed his master up two flights of stairs, as there weren't any elevators.

Once the key was jammed into the keyhole, the white wooden door creaked open to reveal an extremely small room with one bed in the middle, a small makeup table opposite two windows and one ancient wardrobe next to the bed. When the both of them entered with their luggage, there was only just enough room for them to squeeze their way around.

KyuHyun struggled to move between his servant and the lugagge as he searched for the light switch. Feeling around the walls, where the wallpapers were starting to peel off, he finally found the standard, plastic white light switch. The old light in the middle flickered and the yellow light became stable after a minute. KyuHyun closed the small door and both males started to sort out their luggage on the grey carpeted floor.


It is now 7:30pm. The two men has already showered in the small tiled bathrooms and has had their share of cup noodles, as there aren't any restaurants in the motel. "I'm quite exhausted. Do you mind if I sleep earlier today?" SungMin shyly asked, after throwing away their trash into the mini plastic trashcan under the table. "Oh, it's fine. Just go ahead. I'll just browse the internet a bit more." SungMin smiled gratefully and laid his used towel on the floor. "What are you doing?" KyuHyun questioned.

"Uhm, preparing to sleep?"

KyuHyun chuckled. "We'll be sleeping on the bed! No one's going to sleep on the floor. Heavens know what germs the floor contains." SungMin turned to look at the bed. It was slightly larger than a standard single bed, but it was still pretty small for the two of them, especially since KyuHyun is more or less a giant. "Are you sure we can fit, KyuHyun-ssi?"

"We'll find a way." He reassured before going back to his laptop, placed on top of the table.


10 p.m.

SungMin was fast asleep. KyuHyun was still on his laptop, thanking the heavens for the portable wifi pendrive that was sold exclusively to him last few months ago. He could hear the next door being opened and rustling as their neighbours moved in.

10:30 p.m.

What KyuHyun feared came true. Small moans and the creaking of bed easily passed through the thin walls and into their room. He shut down his laptop and quickly made his way to his servant, hoping the noises wouldn't wake him up. He then turned off the light and climbed into bed with much difficulty, trying to keep as much of a distance as he could with the smaller man.

11:00 p.m.

The next door guests were still going at it and the moans were getting louder. KyuHyun groaned, regretting not going to sleep earlier. He was still cursing the guests's libido when the male beside him started to shuffle around. No no fall back asleep. KyuHyun panicked, as he lightly cupped the petite man's ears.

However, to no avail, SungMin woke up anyway. When he finally gained full consciousness, the woman next door has started to scream. SungMin's eyes widened and instinctively he looked at his master. The windows had no curtains, so the moonlight flitting through allowed the bunny to stare at his master's apologetic eyes.

"It's okay, I'm sure it'll die down soon." The words got lost in the noise and SungMin fidgeted even more. "She's dying? Shouldn't we go help her? I-I don't want her to die." SungMin sniffled, eyes tearing up as he imagined murder happening in the room beside theirs.

KyuHyun's face scrunched up in confusion. "She isn't dying. She's--- Oh God. Don't tell me, you don't know what these noises are." When SungMin's face showed confusion and fear, the former facepalmed. How was he going to handle this situation?

More like, why does he not know about ? I'm sure he's not THAT innocent. KyuHyun glanced down at his servant, who was starting to curl up into a trembling ball. I know he only focused on work during the whole time he was in the orphanage, but surely he knows how sounds like. At that moment, SungMin started to grab onto his shirt and KyuHyun sighed. He doesn't have a clue.

Not knowing what else he could do, KyuHyun pulled SungMin closer and weaved his hands through his servant's jet black hair. "Shhh. It's okay. Just know that these are sounds of happiness." KyuHyun almost snorted at how innocent he made the indecent noises sound, but when his servant nodded and huddled closer, he continued his reassurance of false, untainted words.

11.40 p.m.

The noises finally died down and SungMin had went back to sleep. KyuHyun has started to sweat, seeing that the air-conditioner wasn't during winter, but he knew that wasn't the only reason. His day has been extremely hectic, and he was extremely relieved that it is done and over with.

He dipped his head to look at the other male's sleeping form. He looked so innocent and at peace. KyuHyun smiled, and with that he drifted off to sleep, hoping for a better next-day.