1st Chapter: New home

My Servant, My Lover

In this century, most people believe that slavery has been abolished completely. Little do they know that this system of slavery still exists---among the rich.


KyuHyun stared at the nervous man in front of him. He has just paid ten million US dollars to the person who sold this cute man to him (from here onwards, he will never allow any sellers to name prices). Currently, he finds himself squatting on the floor in front of the man he bought, who was fidgeting on the black leather sofa in KyuHyun's living room.

"Hey..."

"Mmm?" The blindfolded man replied shakily.

KyuHyun extended his arms and he gently took off the man's blindfold. "What's your name?"

"S-S-Sun..." The man's eyes widened as they adjusted to the room's dim light. He stared at KyuHyun while stuttering, seemingly unable to calm down anytime soon. KyuHyun silently fangirled about the man's cute expression in his mind.

"Sun?" KyuHyun raised an eyebrow in confusion. Isn't this guy Korean?

"S-SungMin, master..." The man lowered his gaze to his hands that were clutching his thin jeans tightly.

KyuHyun smiled and placed his hands on top of SungMin's. SungMin flinched and he avoided KyuHyun's eyes.

"Hello, SungMin. Nice to meet you. I'm Cho KyuHyun. And, you don't need to call me 'master'. Just KyuHyun would do, okay?" KyuHyun smiled warmly at SungMin, trying to calm the man down by conversing.

However, KyuHyun's efforts have gone to waste as SungMin continued to fidget while replying a soft: "Yes, master KyuHyun."

KyuHyun simply smiled and motioned for SungMin to stand up. SungMin shakily stood up with KyuHyun's help. All this while, he had his eyes fixed on the polished floor. "Let's have you take a bath, alright?" KyuHyun was so nice and kind to the point that SungMin almost forgot that KyuHyun was his master. Almost.

"Y-yes, master KyuHyun."

KyuHyun flashed another small smile and led SungMin to the large bathroom that's connected to his enormous bedroom. He switched on the lights of the bathroom and pulled SungMin inside. He turned around and was about to ask SungMin whether he wants to use the shower or the bath, but was taken by surprise when he saw that SungMin has started to cry.

"SungMin?! What's wrong? Did I grab your wrist too hard?" The concern in KyuHyun's voice was obvious, but SungMin only replied with a short shake of the head as he tried to keep his tears at bay. "A-ah...maybe you're scared of water? Don't worry, we can take a bath together, okay?"

At KyuHyun's offer, SungMin started to sob. KyuHyun became even more flustered and he decided to forget about getting SungMin to shower that night.

Instead, he swiftly pulled the sobbing SungMin out of the bathroom and into his bedroom. "It's okay if you don't want to take a shower. We'll just sleep early, okay? Umm...we don't have any extra mattresses, so we'll share my bed, alright? My bed's big enough to---" SungMin's wails got louder and KyuHyun momentarily covered both of his ears and shouted: "YAH! SHUT UP, WILL YOU?!"

KyuHyun immediately felt guilty when he saw how SungMin became quiet all of a sudden, eyes wide with tears that continued to flow down his pale cheeks. KyuHyun's anger seemed to magically disappear as he gently combed through SungMin's glossy black hair.

"I'm...I'm sorry, I didn't mean to get angry at you. I'm just tired. Look, what do you want to do right now?"

SungMin's eyes darted from left to right and when he finally decided to land his gaze to KyuHyun's handsome face, he replied with a quivering, quiet voice: "Shower and sleep...alone?"

KyuHyun mentally cooed at SungMin's natural aegyo and he couldn't find it in himself to reject SungMin's teary request. "Alright, why not. If you have any troubles using the bathroom, just call me, alright? I'll be getting some clothes for you in this closet." KyuHyun watched fondly as the short (in KyuHyun's view) man nodded and entered the bathroom while wiping his tear-stained cheeks.

When SungMin locked the door to the bathroom, he finally had the courage to observe his surroundings closely. Everything in this bathroom was literally made of gold and marble, and SungMin suspected that all this gold isn't just paint. He walked along the cool tiled floor and soon reached the bathtub. Seriously, how long is this bathroom? You could practically jog in here. SungMin managed to work the tap and once the water was at a suitable temperature, SungMin slowly sank into the warm water, sighing happily.

Truth to be told, SungMin was still confused about him being bought. He knew the orphanage that he grew up in tried their best to protect him against the businessmen who wanted to buy him, but couldn't. They were too poor and they needed the money badly. SungMin liked to think that him being a slave meant that he was indirectly helping the orphanage he was from. Because of that, he found himself not resisting as much as he could have. He honestly didn't think that he'll get such a kind master. Nor did he expect himself to panic so much earlier.

SungMin pouted and as the warm water soothed his body, those confusing thoughts were replaced by another more confusing thought. What did his master mean when he said that he'll be in his closet? SungMin giggled to himself as he thought about how funny it would be to see his nice master standing in a cramped wooden closet.

After a few minutes of soaking in the warm water, SungMin got up and decided to search for a soap of some sort. He looked around but he saw nothing in sight. Surely there must at least be soap in a rich man's house, right? SungMin felt around the large bathtub and he found a few colorful buttons covered by a plastic case. He lifted the case and clicked the first button. Maybe soap will appear.

Instead of soap, however, the wall in front of the bathtub turned and a large flat-screened TV appeared. SungMin's breath hitched as he leaned forward to take the remote control from a shelf under the TV, which was right beside a bottle of wine, what seemed like a Maths book, and a pencil case. What a weird combination.

SungMin clicked the big red button on the side of the remote control and he was amazed to no end when the HD pictures showed up on the large screen. This, by far, was the largest TV SungMin has ever seen. All he could do was gape.

"SungMin? You okay in there? I hear some noises...Anyways, I placed some clothes in this basket here, so take it when you exit the bathroom, okay? I'll use the other bathroom which is along the corridor, past the living room. Just go there if you ever need me, SungMin."

SungMin fell into the tub with a soft splash when he suddenly heard KyuHyun's deep voice. He quickly replied to KyuHyun's questions and switched off the TV. Once he returned the remote control back to the shelf, he clicked the first button again and the wall turned back, revealing a clean, smooth wall. SungMin proceeded in clicking the second button. This time, two shelves appeared automatically from both sides of the bathtub. Each of the shelves were three-layered, not overlapping each other. While SungMin was wondering how the heck this special bathtub works, some of the tiles on the ceiling slid open and metallic bottles of seemingly expensive shampoos, conditioners, face masks, cosmetics, etc. fell down, landing firmly on specific positions on the shelves, successfully startling SungMin. Nevertheless, he started to wash himself using some of the products, marveling at how they made his hair and skin feel so nice, smell so fresh.

After rinsing himself off, SungMin clicked the second button out of curiosity. He yelped loudly when all the bottles flew up into the ceiling once more. After a few seconds of staring, he finally realized that there were strong magnets in the ceiling that attracted/released all the metal bottles.

SungMin slowly got out of the bathtub and dried himself with a clean towel he found on a rack nearby. Just then, he heard loud footsteps rapidly approaching the bathroom he was in. SungMin started to panic. Even though his master seems kind, he could actually be evil inside, like all the other erts who only wanted his body. SungMin was starting to get paranoid when a key was pushed into the key hole, successfully unlocking the bathroom door.

SungMin wrapped the towel tighter around his body, fear overcoming him. "SungMin! Are you alright?! I heard you shout and..." KyuHyun's ranting stopped abruptly when he saw SungMin trembling with the towel wrapping him tightly, covering him from his shoulders to his thighs. KyuHyun ran to SungMin and started to check the visible body parts for any cuts. When he didn't find anything, KyuHyun, who only had a small towel wrapped around his hip, sighed in relief.

"SungMin, what's wrong? You're trembling...did you see a cockroach or something?" SungMin shook his head vigorously and told KyuHyun with an almost inaudible voice that he was alright. KyuHyun ruffled SungMin's hair fondly while saying: "If nothing's wrong, then remember to dry yourself properly before you wear your clothes, or you'll fall sick. I'll continue to shower for now. You know where I am. Don't hesitate to call me if you need me, 'kay, SungMin?"

SungMin nodded and KyuHyun smiled before he left the bathroom. Really, SungMin was more than lucky to have such a kind master. He wondered if his master could get any kinder than this.


"SungMin...what's wrong again? I know this is all new to you so you're probably scared, but please, you need some sleep!" KyuHyun sighed for the umpteenth time that night. It was currently 3 a.m. and KyuHyun was in his bed, wearing a complete set of pajamas just so he wouldn't freak the smaller man out (KyuHyun usually sleeps shirtless). Meanwhile, the said man has been sitting at a corner since thirty minutes ago.

"SungMin...If you don't tell me what's bothering you, then how do you expect me to help you?" KyuHyun grumbled. He then climbed off his king-sized bed and strolled over to SungMin. When he was directly in front of SungMin, casting his light shadow on the crouched man, SungMin looked up with large brown-black eyes. "SungMin, I beg of you, just tell me what's wrong and I'll try to fix it, okay?"

SungMin shook his head, his eyes fixed on KyuHyun's face. KyuHyun bent down to SungMin's level and tried to negotiate, "SungMin, what if, I sleep on the sofa, and you sleep on my bed? Will that be fine?"

KyuHyun thought he nailed it this time. Sadly, he was wrong as SungMin shook his head once more. "Come on, just go to sleep already! I promise I won't do anything to you..." KyuHyun rubbed his temples, preventing his frustrated tears from spilling out.

"Really?"

If KyuHyun didn't have naturally sensitive ears, he wouldn't have heard SungMin's question. KyuHyun stared at SungMin like he was a madman. "So...all this time you thought I'd do something to you? That's just---okay, fine. It's logical, since I bought you and everything but please! I'm straight, so get that into your head! Now that this is solved, can we finally go to sleep?" KyuHyun asked hopefully.

SungMin pressed his lips into a thin line and after a moment, he nodded. KyuHyun almost did his signature victory dance right then and there, but he was too tired to do as he please. He stood up and extended a hand. SungMin grabbed his hand and followed suit.

"So am I sleeping on the sofa tonight?"

"Um...I'll sleep on the sofa," SungMin answered, a bit too quickly, in fact. KyuHyun laughed and he ruffled SungMin's hair. When SungMin saw how KyuHyun started to take a pillow and a small blanket, he ran to KyuHyun and tried to help, but KyuHyun rejected him grumpily. This led to a pouting SungMin who silently followed KyuHyun to the large comfortable-looking sofa a meter away from the bed. Truthfully, SungMin thought that the sofa was more than he could ever ask for. After all, this sofa is easily twice the size of SungMin's single bed back in the orphanage.

To his surprise, KyuHyun flung himself onto the black sofa childishly. "Um..." SungMin tried to question KyuHyun's movements, but KyuHyun silenced him by pointing his index finger in the direction of the bed. "SungMin, you sleep on the bed. And switch off the lights before you sleep. Good night." KyuHyun rapped and seemed to fall asleep at the speed of light.

SungMin obviously wanted to protest, but since KyuHyun has already fallen asleep, he had no other choice but to do as he was told. He almost squealed at how soft yet firm the bed was. Combined with his fatigue, he fell asleep quickly.

Little did SungMin know, a still-awake KyuHyun watched him until he fell asleep. As soon as SungMin seemed to have entered the land of nod, KyuHyun breathed in deeply and slept immediately after closing his poor, tired eyes. The both of them didn't know, but they actually fell asleep with small smiles plastered on their peaceful sleeping faces.