The lady is willing to wait, the men needs to talk

My Servant, My Lover

Previously...

KyuHyun and SungMin have agreed that they would live together as equals (and may have shared a few intentional kisses, in the chapter 'Closer'), but talks about whether SungMin will become independent of his ex-master has been postponed. KyuHyun then proceeds with his secret plan, bringing the shorter male to an undisclosed location. Meanwhile, YongHwa has cut all ties with SeoHyun, leaving the lady to finish her plans of ruining the KyuMin relationship by herself.


The black mercedes transporting both men slowly came to a halt in front of a two-storey building. The door clicked open and KyuHyun stepped out, closing the door gently once the other has followed suit. SungMin looked at the new surroundings. Instead of the fancy hotel they stayed at, this time, the bright sunlight was shining at a dated yet polished building. A row of Lilies of the Valley lined contentedly on both sides of the entrance. Adjacent to the building were quaint stores selling handmade goods. He smiled, and decided he liked the place.

KyuHyun's gaze remained fixed on the shorter's face, even as the driver drove off. When the other started to smile, he found his lips curling upwards as well. I hope Min will like this. He silently placed a hand on the smaller's back and guided them through the glass double doors.

Two workers dressed in simple black aprons approached immediately. "Welcome to Winery! How may we help you today?" Both men smiled at the friendly ladies, with SungMin doing a slight bow out of habit. The ladies squeal at this, prompting KyuHyun to wrap his arm around the former's waist. Just for good measure.

"Hi, I believe I have an appointment for a wine-tasting session this afternoon." A knowing look appeared on the ladies' faces when they saw what KyuHyun did, but soon became distracted in serving them. "Please follow me upstairs. Your table has been prepared!" SungMin glanced at the taller man peripherally, not expecting this to be on their agenda. The other smiled when he caught the glance and winked. The poor bunny could only blush, later trying to convince the staff that he wasn't feverish.


Meanwhile...

SeoHyun huffed for the nth time in her seat. Knocking on the partition, she demanded if they were still able to chase the mens' car. "Yes, ma'am. For the tenth time, we are still behind them. They show no sign of stopping anywhere near this highway, ma'am." The driver grit out.

The lady straightened up and crossed her arms. How dare he talk to me like that! Just you watch out... She grumbled silently, accepting the reality of the situation. She forced herself to lean into the backseat, looking out the window. There were only trees and bushes lining the sides of the long road, and she soon felt bored once more. She was going to pester the driver again, but her phone started ringing.

She took it out from her purse and stared at the lock screen. It said: [Mother]. She picked up immediately, with the first greeting being "Finally!"

"Hyunnie, how are you?" SeoHyun rolled her eyes, as if her non-verbal impatience could be transmitted through a call.

SeoHyun (SH): I've been trying to reach you all day! Where were you?
Mother (M): Sorry, Hyunnie-ah. I was at the spa. You know Saturdays are spa days.
SH: I. Don't. Care. As a mother, you should've picked up the moment I called!
M: *sighs* Yes, dear. Now then, what is the urgent matter? You hardly call me to check on me.
SH: Mother! You would not believe what happened today!! I was utterly humiliated!
M: Humiliated? What happened darling? Tell mother!
SH: You know that guy I've been toying with recently?
M: Ah, Yong-ssi, was it? Lovely man. How is your relationship goin---
SH: Don't say his name! He deserves less dignity than trash. Today, he dumped me in front of everyone at the hotel lobby.

M: What? That's simply not possible. The man's practically smitten with you! Are you sure he meant it?
SH: Oh, he meant it all right. He even told me he didn't need me... *sniff*
M: Aigoo, my poor darling! That is preposterous! Foolish man, who does he think he is? How dare he talk this way to my         daughter!
SH: Exactly! Do something about it, mother!
M: Mm... I'm afraid I don't have anything up my sleeves, dear. His company is in no way related to ours, so we can't                 withdraw any shares or disrupt his business in any way.
SH: *sniff* Mother..! I can't believe it; is this how unimportant I am to you? Your only daughter's reputation... and you can't       do anything about it?
M: ... Fine. Don't fret, my darling. I will look into this for you. I'm sure your daddy knows someone who can help.
SH: Thank you mother. I knew I could count on you!

M: ... But... tell me, why did Yo---he suddenly have a change of heart? He was besotted with you just weeks ago!
SH: *huffs* Mother, whilst on this stupid trip, I met Cho Kyu Hyun again.
M: *gasp* Cho Kyu Hyun?? Why would he be in the middle of nowhere?
SH: I don't know, but he was with another guy. They have been strangely attached whenever I see them. Anyway, he's             still the same as usual, poor blind boy. He doesn't know what a prize I am, won't you agree, mother?
M: ... I don't know about that, Hyunnie. I'm afraid that there's no point in chasing a man who doesn't love you anymore.
SH: *grits teeth* ... Mother! You're supposed to be on MY side!
M: And I am, sweetie. I just don't think you should chase after him anymore. It's been three years, SeoHyun. Perhaps it's         time to let go?
SH: Mother..! ... No. I have decided that we are fated to meet, and I am determined to open his eyes again. He's lost me          once, but I'll make him know that he can have me again!
M: ... Well, there's nothing I can do to stop you once you've set your mind on something. Instead, tell me. Who is this guy      your ex has been hanging out with? If he's related to Cho Kyu Hyun in any way, he must be influential.
SH: ... *sigh* I've been doing a bit of digging as well, mother. We can't find his passport information anywhere. I'm not             sure who he is or how he met KyuHyun.
M: Interesting... ((in the background: Madam, it's time for your second massage.)) ... Oh! I've got to go, dear. I'm sorry to         hear about today's misfortune. I will make sure justice is served for you. And about KyuHyun... promise me you won't         go overboard. He doesn't deserve your attention.
SH: ... We'll see. Talk soon.
M: *sighs* Yeah. Talk soon. Good luck---

SeoHyun hangs up, biting her lip in frustration. Even mother doesn't care about me. She keyed in another number. At the end, it's still only daddy who loves me unconditionally. Before she hit the call button, the car came to a stop. She tossed her phone back into her purse and knocked furiously on the partition.

The driver disgruntledly rolls down the partition and answers before the expected question was asked. "Yes, ma'am. The car we've been tailing has arrived at its destination. Would you like me to wait for you, or to pick you up later?" SeoHyun's lips formed a tight line, annoyed that he predicted her immediate reaction. She huffed and decided to wordlessly shift towards the door instead.

Once she's had a leg out, she commanded for the driver to park nearby so he can rush over when needed, not bothering to look at the man. She slammed the door shut, leaving the driver to step on the gas fully.

SeoHyun looked at the small brick building in front of her. Ugh. So dilapidated. She glanced at the white flowers on the pavement, and huffed once more. Such pathetic little things. She briefly peeked at the name before entering the store. Winery... are they here to purchase alcohol?

The same pair of friendly staff members who welcomed KyuMin earlier approached her. She was taken aback by the informality of it all, but it up. "Have you seen two men coming in before me? One tall, dashing one with his short friend." The ladies shared a look, unsure how best to answer this pompous lady's question.


"... and this is the most luxurious soju we have in stock. Have a taste."

SungMin's head is currently swimming with information on the different types of alcohol, the different types of wine, and the different prices and sources for each of them. He couldn't contain his smile when they are finally given an actual sample. He eagerly watches on as the staff member pours the rice wine elegantly.

KyuHyun snickered involuntarily. His crush is just so adorable, and he could not help his amusement. SungMin looked up inquisitively, confusion written over his face. The taller man waved his hand nonchalantly and passed him a glass.

Before any of them could manage a sip, one of the staff members who entertained them ran up to them. "Sirs, as per work protocols, please come with me to the back room". SungMin's face potrayed only panic and worry, his lips moving to try and ask for a legitimate reason for the sudden decision. KyuHyun, on the other hand, appeared to be used to these sort of abrupt instructions. He immediately nodded and stood up, prompting SungMin to do so as well. The latter followed suit, deciding that since he trusts KyuHyun fully, even whilst his head is stuck in a blur, the best decision is to follow whatever he says.

They quickly reached a corner of the room. With a light touch to a seemingly random area of the exposed brick wall, the faint outline of a door started to appear. The staff member pushed the door with relative force, causing the door to swing open. The trio quietly entered the dark room. The staff member felt around the wall after making sure the door was shut tight behind them. When she finally found the lightswitch, a modest bare room containing a single bed, a loveseat and a fireplace was revealed to their eyes. A large, plush red carpet covered almost the entire room, with their corners just inches away from the walls with the small windows. The curtains for the only two windows in the room were drawn shut, allowing negligent amounts of sunlight to penetrate through.

"Please take a seat; We apologize for the state of this room." the staff member whispered, leading the men to the loveseat. When SungMin's came into contact with the cushion, he realized that despite its old appearance, it was actually very comfortable. He could easily imagine himself napping on those cushions. KyuHyun, contrastively, had a serious expression on his face. Once he's sure that the man beside him was comfortable, he leaned forward, with his forearms on his thighs. Intertwining his long fingers together, he somberly asked the staff member standing in front of them, "What's happened?" He subconsciously felt the person beside him snap back to attention. Min ah, sorry about this. I hope this isn't anything that would put you in danger.

The staff member sat in a seiza position in front of the pair. She somberly explained, "A lady has arrived moments ago, enquiring about the presence of two men. Her descriptions match up to yours. When you have made the booking with us, it is for a VIP slot. Our policy dictates that VIPs are to be hidden and protected in this room in case of any changes to the original plan. If you are expecting a guest, we humbly apologize and will return you to your seats. However, if not, then we will rid of her as soon as possible."

KyuHyun felt his heart beat faster. A lady who has followed us all the way... to this out-of-the-place town... I can think of a handful of people who would've, but they should've appeared days ago. Unless... "The lady in question goes by the name of Seo-ssi". The tall man's entire posture relaxed. It's just her.

The staff member misinterpreted this and became flustered. "Oh no, have we made a mistake afterall? We have deployed two decoys, our chefs, to take your seats outside. If you are acquaintanced with Seo-ssi, then I will immediately lead you to her".

She was about to stand when KyuHyun stopped her. He quickly said, "No, please continue to take care of this situation." She nodded as soon as he finished talking and went to the far corner of the room, hurriedly whispering into a small mouthpiece.

With the situation mostly handled, KyuHyun turn his head to check on the petite male. As expected, SungMin's eyes were wide and the way he twiddled his thumbs revealed how worried he was. The former leaned in and muttered, "It's okay, everything will be fine. This company is experienced at handling these things."

To his surprise, SungMin did not relax one bit. Without tearing his gaze away from the carpet, he softly asked, "It's SeoHyun-ssi, isn't it? Why is she here... do you think she only followed us because she's not happy with me being with you?" The younger male tensed up. After a period of silence, the pumpkin's lips trembled. "I... I can go and talk to her. I know you said she's not your girlfriend, but she acts like one. I can go explain that there isn't anything between us that she needs to be so worried about--"

KyuHyun turned his body slightly and bent down, planting a solid kiss onto the M-shaped lips. This effectively zipped the other's mouth, stopping him in his tracks. When he finally moved away, he briefly glanced to the corner of the room. The staff member still had her back turned to them, appearing to be in deep conversation with someone over her small mouth/earpiece set. He very quickly returned his attention to the older male, assertively stating: "That woman does not deserve any sort of explanation from you. Actually, keep this in mind, Min. You don't have to talk to her at all. If we ever bump into her again at any point in the future, you should just turn around and walk away. Ignore her. She shouldn't be given your attention in any way." While muttering that, KyuHyun's small heart palpitated with pain as the phrase 'there isn't anything between us' repeated over and over again in his mind. He couldn't help but think, what were those kisses to you then?

Unbeknownst to SungMin, he simply tried to ingrain the clear instructions into his head. His mouth betrayed his thoughts. "But if we keep ignoring her, she'll keep coming. Shouldn't we at least get her to understand why we're treating her so badly?" The other man took deep breaths, trying not to let his frustration burst through. Why is Min so worried about SeoHyun? It's only SeoHyun. Why does she need to drag us down with her all the time?! It's been so long; I truly thought she has moved on already. It was at that moment that KyuHyun realized, he has not clarified his relationship with SeoHyun properly to SungMin. His confusion and sympathy now made more sense to him.

Just as his lips parted, the staff member trotted over to them. "The situation is clear now. Seo-ssi believes that you are not here, and has left the premises. A staff member observed her getting into a car. Would you like to resume your wine tasting session, or would you like us to arrange for your leave?" KyuHyun stood up, brushing the dust off his blazer. "What would you like to do, Min?"

The petite male looked up, his lips forming a line. "It seems like a waste it we just leave..." The taller smiled, understanding the implications. He was secretly happy that SungMin is starting to become more bold with him, exposing more of his thoughts and requesting more freely.

"Well, you heard him."

The staff member bowed and sorted them out.


"Did you manage to find the people we were tailing, ma'am?" The driver probed. He was suddenly called to pick the demanding customer up, and despite being reluctant and frustrated, he realizes his duty of care. Might as well make the experience as good as possible; maybe he'd even get a tip!

The pretty lady slid into the backseat, slamming the door shut. She wordlessly crossed her arms and huffed. "Okay then. Back to the hotel?" The driver sighed.

SeoHyun eyed the driver through the rearview mirror. She contemplated for half a minute before deciding, "Go park somewhere we can still see this store. Make it as inconspicuous as possible."

The driver bit his lips. "Ma'am, I am sorry to say this, but not all of us has the time to wait and stalk other people." Sensing that the lady was going to unleash a lifetime's worth of anger, he quickly followed up with, "Also, if I may say so, I personally find your behaviour suspicious. I am debating whether to flag this up to HQ, for safety reasons. The car we were tailing belongs to the hotel, therefore---"

The driver became increasingly confident as he continued his speech, but trembled partway as a short scream resonated through the small space. "Shut. Up!! I don't care what you have to do, I need to get to the bottom of this. If you don't follow my instructions, you better believe that you'll be sacked before sunset!" The man silently thought, that is with the assumption that we would make it back to the hotel before sunrise.

Seeing that the driver is still unwilling, SeoHyun finally proposed: "Fine. Send me your account details. I will bestow upon you a generous tip. In return, you will do exactly as I say." The driver turned around in a state of awe. Needless to say, the car quickly managed to find a spot behind a row of bushes, located just across two roads from the Winery.