Chapter 23 : Stay [ END ]

Stay

It was kind of a noisy night , yet fun . With all the members gathered together , along with Byul , Dream , Gil and Ji Hyo’s manager laughing , chatting , singing , playing around then yes , it was a great night .

* inhale * *exhale *

Ji Hyo was having her own time at her apartment veranda while the others was enjoying their time inside . She closed her eyes as she breath the fresh breeze . She then turned back and glanced at the living room . The bunch of middle-age man was singing and dancing .

She kinda feel sorry for little Dream , he should be sleeping soundly at this hour but instead he had to stay here with all this noise .

She sighed and laugh when her eyes glanced at Jae Suk , HaHa and Kwang Soo as they were dancing along with Jong Kook’s song “ Lovable “ .

Turning back to the veranda scenery , she once again close her eyes as the wind blows .

When suddenly she could feel a warm body hugging her from behind , she quickly turned back wanting to know who was it . A smile then appear on her face when she realize it was Gary all along .

“ What were you doing ? “ she asked and turned back .

“ I’m the one that should be asking you that . What are you doing here ? “ he asked as her put his head on her shoulder .

“ I just wanted to get some fresh air “

“ Really ? “

“ Yes “

“ I’m worried “ he suddenly said while lowering his tone .

“ Worried ? why ? “

“ I was worried that you might get uncomfortable with the noise “ he said with guilt .

She laughed when she hears what Gary said .

“ I’m completely fine oppa . You should ask that to baby Dream . He’s still a baby , and he should be sleeping at this hour you know “

“ Since when did you know a lot about babies ? “ he asked jokingly , earning himself a pinch from her .

He laughed , but somehow Ji Hyo could sense that there were something that bothering him . “ What’s wrong oppa ? “ she asked with worries , but he just replied with a smile and shook his head .

“ Oppa , tell me what’s wrong . Please “ she begged .

Gary only respond with a sigh . “ What’s wrong with this guy “ she thought to herself , she wanted to know but she doesn’t want to force him too . So she choose to just stay quiet until he open his mouth .

***

“ Actually “ after a few minutes of silence between them , he finally clear up his throat and start speaking .

“ What do you want to do after this ? “ he asked . There’s only one answer that Ji Hyo could think of at that time , so she answered without hesitation . “ Sleep “ she said . Hearing her answer , Gary chuckled but sighed later on .

“ That’s not what I mean Ji Hyo-ah ~ I mean , about us . About our relationship . Don’t you think that we should move on to the next step ? “

“ What kind of question is that ? Of course I want to ~ “ she replied .

Gary then asked if she’s okay with it and Ji Hyo nodded .

“ What about Mr.Baek ? “ Gary suddenly asked .

Ji Hyo’s mind suddenly goes blank , ever since they were dating , Gary never mentioned Chang Joo’s name before . Ji Hyo stopped for a sec and took a depth breath .

“ Actually oppa , I met him this morning ~ “

[ Flashback ]

“ Good morning , Mr Baek . Did you called me ? “ Ji Hyo said as he walked into his office .

“ Yes , please have a seat “ he said .

Even after a few months , it was still awkward between them .

“ Song Ji Hyo-shi . I called you to discuss about something “ he started off .

“ What is it ? “

“ about you and Kang Gary-shii “ he replied .

Ji Hyo went silent , it was kind of unexpected for him to talk about her relationship with Gary .

“ Look , if you two are really serious about your relationship then I’m okay with it . I’m saying this cause I don’t want you to be involved in such news scandal when something went wrong “ he said with a strict yet with a concern voice .

“ Don’t worry Mr.Baek . We’re really serious about our relationship “ she replied

Chang Joo went silent for a moment before continuing .

“ Then , I wish you guys happiness Song Ji Hyo-shii , and I apologize for giving you such a hard time in the past . I’m glad that Gary-shii came and helped you to get through it . I . . . I was such a bad boyfriend “ he said as he tried to lowering his voice .

“ Mr. Baek ~ Please don't be like this “

“ No , what I’m saying is a fact Song Ji Hyo-shii “ he cut off her words and smiled .

“ I hope that we could start over again . . as a good friend . . “ he offers her a hand-shake as sign of agreement .

Ji Hyo stared at his hand for a while .“ Sure . Why not “ she then replied and accept his hand-shake while smiling brightly .

[ End of Flashback ]

Gary was satisfied with his respond and finally he felt relieved by it .

“ Are you really serious with US ? “ he asked again .

“ Yah ~ how many times should I answer that ? . .  Yes Kang Gary , I Song Ji Hyo is taking our relationship seriously ~ “ she said with and angry tone .

Gary chuckled and hugged her tightly before giving her a kiss at her cheek , causing her to giggle and blush .

Suddenly , Gary pulled Ji Hyo , making her to turned around facing him and he kneeled down in front of her .

Out of nowhere , he then took out a ring .

“ Then . .  Will you be my wife ? “ he asked with a nervous tone .

Ji Hyo was really surprised with his sudden action , she really didn’t expect that he would be proposing her at that time . A tears of happiness start to flows down trough her cheeks , and she chuckled when she noticed that Gary’s hand was shaking .

He was still there , kneeling in front of her “ Oppa knows that this is kind of a sudden , since we just dated for a few months . But to me , we’ve known each other long enough to understand each other . I really hope that you would be willing to marry someone like me . “ he stopped for a moment before looking up to her and looked straight into her eyes .

Nervously waiting for her answer . He slightly bite his lower lips . Without knowing , HaHa finally realized the two love birds at the veranda , and he obviously saw that Gary was proposing Ji Hyo .

He quickly signalled to the other guest , causing their jaw to dropped . HaHa then signalled Jong Kook to sing his song “ One Man “ . Nodding in agreement , he quickly took the mic and start singing ~

Gary and Ji Hyo’s face gets completely red when they finally realize that the guest saw them . Especially Gary , “ ahh ! What did I think of ? I totally forgot about them “ he thought to himself as he tried his best to hide his embarrassment .

“ Yah ! Mong Ji ! What are you waiting for ! Accept it !!! “ Jae Suk shouted from the living room , causing HaHa and Byul quickly covers his mouth .

“ Hyung ! You shouldn’t bother them !! “ He whispered 

Ji Hyo giggled when she saw their action , and she then looked down towards Gary with a smile “ Yes . Of course ! “ she finally responded . Causing Gary to jumped up out of excitement . and of course , causing all the guest to cheer up for them , including baby Dream . He was giggling all along with his mommy and daddy .

Gary walked closer to Ji Hyo and slowly inserting the ring on her finger , causing Ji Hyo to break into tears again . Gary was also tearing up , but he tried really hard to hold it in .

He then stared at her face , ignoring the others , he slowly hold her face and pulled it closer for a kiss . Ji Hyo accept the kiss , she put her hand around his neck and she could feel that he was smiling between their kiss .

And of course , causing them to receive even louder cheers from their excited beloved  friends at the living room ~


I was about midnight when all the guest decided to go home . Before leaving the house , each of everyone of them congratulate Gary and Ji Hyo for being an engaged . HaHa then shouted “ Hurry up and get babies you two !! So that my little Dream can have a friends to play wth !! Hahaha ! “ earning him a playful hit at his back head from Ji Hyo .

Jong Kook then grabbed the two love birds into a tight hug , he even lift them up . He then put them down before congratulate them again .

“ Hyung ~ you should really meet some girls hyung ~ You’re getting old ~ “ Kwang Soo said and patted on Jong Kook back , causing himself to earn a punch from Jong Kook .

Being the oldest , Jae Suk and Suk Jin gave them some relationship advice before wishing them happiness .

“ Oppa is really happy that you could finally found a guy that could love you and take care of you Ji Hyo-ahh . Oh and Gary-ahh , be prepare , you will have more responsibilities after this . Such as managing her schedule , making sure that she’s in a good health condition ~ You should took care of those thing you know . Give her manager a break “ Jae Suk said towards them and patted on Gary’s back and Ji Hyo’s head .

“ ahh ~ I’ll be lonely after this . I should really go out and meet some girls “ Gil jokingly said .

“ Then you should follow Jong Kook hyung ~ “ Kwang Soo who was still being bullied by Jong Kook shouted from the outside .


When the guest finally left , Ji Hyo asked Gary if he wanted to stay or go back to his house .

“ I’ll be staying . I should help you to clear up this mess “ he said and sighed .

“ It’s okay oppa , I could do it “

“ Eiiisshh . No way , you should get a rest now , you got some filming again tomorrow right ? You should go to sleep now “ he said and start pushing Ji Hyo from her back towards the bedroom

“ Then just leave the it for tomorrow okay ? You need some rest too ~ “ she said at patted on the empty space beside her on the bed .

Without hesitation , he quickly jumped onto the bed and snuggled up with the blankets . He was actually really tired ~

Ji Hyo chuckled and settle up beside him .

He then turned around to his side and hugged her , planting a kiss on her forehead .

“ Should we just move on to another steep ? “ he suddenly asked .

“ Hm ? Isn’t it too fast ? we just got engaged you know ? “ she replied with her half-asleep voice .

“ No , I mean . That step ~ “

“ Hm ? Which one ? “

“ Babies ? “ he jokingly replied

“ Yah ! if you’re being like this I will drag you out of this room ! “ she shouted as she pushed him off the bed . Her action and voice tone shows anger , but her face are now blushing brightly .

Gary who was already at the floor just laughed and climb back onto the bed .

“ I was just joking . Go to sleep , you need some rest “ he said as he cover himself with the blanket .

As he was about to close his eyes when she suddenly came closer and snuggled up to his chest .

“ We will move on to that step oppa . . just not now , I’m tired . . but I promise you , we’ll take another step further  . . one day “ she mumbled and fell asleep on his chest .

Gary just smiled warmly and put his hand around her . “ Yes . and I’ll be staying here , by your side . . until that day comes . . until we take that last step “ he whispered to himself and slowly fell asleep .

 


[ Gary’s POV ]

Strange , my sleep was disturb by some shaking . It feels like someone was bouncing on the bed . I slowly opened my eyes , and I could already see the bright shine of the morning sun . I could see there’s this little human bouncing and laughing on the bed , I couldn’t recognize it since my vision was still in a blur condition .
But I could clearly hear that little human calling me .

“ Daddy ! Daddy ! Wake up ! “ the little creature shouted while giggling .

“Daddy “ ? Is that me ? “ I questioned myself .

“ Ufff “ I let out as the little human landed on me and right at that moment , all the data that I’ve lost a moment ago seems to come back and I finally realize who’s this little human that was now on my body .

“ Hyun Ae . .  Kang Hyun Ae “  Yes , that’s her name . The name of this beautiful little angle of mine that I got about 5 years ago with my beautiful wife Ji Hyo .

“ What daddy ? “ she said with her cute voice .

“ Hm ? Nothing ~ “ I replied and smiled .

“ but you just called my name “ the little kid asked in curiosity .

I just respond with a loving smile , and glanced at the clock besides me before turning my face toward her again . I put my left hand on her head and rub it before pulling her closer for a kiss at her forehead .

“ Happy Birthday baby “ I said and give her a wink ..

She’s 5 years old now , she grew every year as a beautiful angle who always makes my day with her laughter and smile . She was no different from her mother , she’s a girl with a bright personality , a girl which men would fall for as soon as she smiles , a girl who is caring and a loving person , a girl who is a tomboyish yet still full of feminine , a girl who enjoy doing rough activities yet still love to dress up . and of course a girl who have much love for foods .

And just then , “ Yeobo ~ are you awake now ? “ that familiar voice come from the bedroom door , and there is she . My beautiful wife , who gave me happiness and strength in my life , Song Ji Hyo .

“ Yes I am “ I replied and carefully lift my body into a sitting posture on the bed , with Hyun Ae still holding tight onto my body .

“ Daddy ! you promise me to bring me to the Zoo today ! remember ? “ She asked me with full of excitement .

I glanced at my wife who was still standing by the door , smiling as she looked at her daughter with me .

“ Of course ! Now go to your mum and get ready okay ? Daddy wants to take a shower now ~ “ I said and carefully putting her down from the bed .

She nodded and adorably runs towards her mother before explaining which clothes that she wanted to wear and what kind of animals that she wanted to see .

I walked towards the bathroom , when my step stopped when I noticed a photo frame , hanging on the wall . It was a picture of the Running Man members all together .

Running Man has ended a few years ago and now , all the member are having a great life . Jae Suk , he’s getting older now but he still remain active in emceeing a reality show . Suk Jin are now probably resting at his house , he’s now focusing on raising his son together with his wife . HaHa are now probably busy changing diapers , he just got his second child last year and it was a girl . We often visit each other since my Hyun Ae and Dream are bestfriends , they really like to play with each other .

While Kwang Soo are now really active in his acting and modelling carrier , and now , he’s already someone’s fiancée . Oh and Jong Kook , finally he’s now married to someone and guess what ? It’s Eun Hye and she’s pregnant now . Not to forget , my partner Gil is now successfully running a restaurant business around Seoul but sadly , he’s still single . “ Hmm ~ When are you going to get married Gil-ahh ~ “ I thought to myself .

“ You miss them ? “ Ji Hyo’s voice come from my back and I could feel her hand holding my shoulder .

I turned back and looked at her , “ so much dear , I miss them so much ~ “ I mumbled as I kiss her forehead .

“ Let’s go visit them when we have time okay ? “ she said .

I just nodded as a respond . “ You were smiling while sleeping , what kind of dream did you have ? was it really fun ? “ she asked .

I chuckled and smiled , “ Just something that happened about 5-6 years ago “ I said and make my way to the bathroom . Leaving her in confusion .

Well , this is my life now . I am Kang Gary , now the husband of a beautiful angel named Song Ji Hyo and a father of an angle child named Kang Hyun Ae . I am still active in music , since that was my life from the beginning , active both in LeeSsang and a solo rapper . While my wife , Ji Hyo is now focused on her acting and modelling carrier , she's now working on a drama but she's taking a day off today since it's our daughter's birthday . 

As I was in the bathroom , I stared at the mirror . Still quite fascinated about how I could dream back all the memories of me and Ji Hyo that happened about 6 years ago and I realize how much my life has change after that , not mine only but also the whole member of Running Man .

“ Life change but memories stay “ I mumbled and splash my face with the fresh water .  

[ THE END ]


And that's the end of my first story guys ! ^^
I realy hope that you guys enjoyed reading my stories from the beginning and I really appreciate all the support that you gave me . Thank you , Thank you , Thank you very much <3 <3 <3 <3 T~T
I am very sorry that I didn't update this story for quite a long time and as soon as I came back , I ended the story already . The plot of the few last chapter was already on my mind , it's just that I didn't have the time to put it here . 

Well , I will still countinue writing stories after this , but probably I'll be doing one-shoot and I hope that you guys will keep supporting my story . I wanted to thank all my friends , subscribers , upvoters , commenters and readers for reading my story ! ^^

Thank you again , and good bye ~
See you guys again in my next fanfic ! ^^

Sincerely , 
Mc_HyoRy2