Chapter 17 : Truth Behind The Action

Stay

“ Oppa like you “ He said with a confident voice .

“.....” Jihyo was surprised with his confession . She didn’t expect it would come out from his mouth .

It was sweet that he said it boldly towards her , but her heart didn’t melts with it but instead she was feeling slightly outraged by it .

“ what are you talking about oppa ? “ she tried to ask him with a calm voice .

Jongkook take another deep breath and “ I said , Oppa like you ! “ he said again .

“ Oppa , please . I don’t like jokes like this “ she said

“ Jihyo-ah . Oppa like you ! Really ! “ he said again

Hearing that words coming out from his mouth , she could feel her face was reddening from the anger build inside . She quickly looked away , she glanced at the clock .

“ Oppa , it’s late . You should go home now “ she said calmly and stood up . Offering him to walk him to the door .

He sighed and stood up . His hand make it way to her shoulder , grabbing her . With his hand grabbing her tightly

“ Oppa is not leaving until you give your answer “ he said

Jihyo let out a heavy sigh . She grabbed his hand , and carefully removing it from her shoulder .

“ Oppa . I’m sorry , but I can’t “ she said and looked down

“ but why ? “

“ I just can’t “

“ Is it because of Gary ? “ he asked again , earning a silent respond from Jihyo .

“ Jihyo-ah . Forget him ! I’m here for you ! He’s just a useless guy with a big ego on his heart !! “ he said with orotund voice .

The word he said angered her more , her patience was running out and her temper was burning . At that time , she couldn’t think of her action . The only thought running through her brain was to shut his mouth for good .

She raised her hand and threw it forward as hard as she could , whipping it across his face . The pain from the slap could be feel on her palm , and also could be feel by him on his cheek . Her palm becomes bright red , same as the red mark on his cheek . She glare at him , who was now eyes widened and his hand slowly made it on his red cheek .

By that time , usually she would feel a little guilty for slapping someone older but not this time , not a single guilty feeling was produce .

“ Oppa ! listen here “ she shouted

“I understand how he felt and I know it’s my fault from the beginning ! “ she said and stopped for a moment .

Jongkook was still dumbfounded by her action .

“ and one thing you should keep in mind . I love him . I love Kang Gary and only him ! “ she continued .

She grabbed his hand and drag him to the door .

“ Leave ! “ she shouted again and push him out from the door , and slam the door shut . 

Of course he felt offended by her action , but slowly his lips curled into a smirk . He let out a little laugh before sighing in satisfaction . He looked around , making sure that one sees them there . He insert his hand into his jacket and took out his phone , he grinned and calmly walk away .


“ Ughhh ! “ she growled in frustration , she hit the bed with her fist .

Getting tired with it , she slowly lean her head on the bed headboard and looked out the window . Slowly her eyes flooded with tears as her emotion finally caught up with her .

“ I’ll never .... I’ll never believe in love again “ she said with a brittle voice as the tears of sadness pours out .

Meanwhile

“ Gary-ahh . I need to see you . Now ! “ he said over the phone .

“ Why ? Are you going to set me up again “ Gary respond in a suspicious voice

“ No I’m not . Fine ! Where are you now ? I’m coming “ he asked

“ I’m at my studio hyung “

“ Okay , I’ll be there in 15 minutes “ he said and hung up


Jihyo was just lying on her bed , with the non-stop tears coming out from her eyes . She wanted to sleep , but she can’t . Her mind was full in thought , about herself , about him , but most of all about them .

“ Is this really the end ? “ she whispered to herself and buried her face on the pillow .

After a few minutes , she could hear the door bell rang . She looked at the clock and she already know who is it . “ It’s must be unnie “ she said and slowly get up from the bed , walking towards the door . She grabbed the doorknob and slowly opened the door , revealing her manager on her doorstep .

She weakly smiled to her and greet her , before inviting her inside .

“ What’s wrong ? “ her manager asked as soon as she saw her red-teary eyes .

She shook her head and let out another fake smile before claiming that she need some rest , and she would be heading to bed now . Her  manager sense something wrong and quickly grabbed her hand

“ Tell me what’s wrong “ she asked again and by this time , Jihyo didn’t respond but she broke into tears again .

Her manager quickly pulled her closer for a hug , she slowly her hair smoothly . Trying to calm her down before asking further question .

“ Gary oppa . . “ she mumbled in her tears .

Her manager just nodded , telling her to continued .

“ We broke up . . . and . . . and “ she mumbled

“ and what dear ? “ her manager asked her .

“ Jongkook oppa came just now and confess to me . “ she said and pulled out from the hug , grabbing her manager hand tightly with her teary eyes looking straight to her manager’s eyes .

“ I don’t know what to do “ she said again with a brittle voice .

Listening to her , she sighed and pulled her again for a hug . Letting her cry in her embrace .


“ Hyung ! Come in ! “ Gary invited him in

“ Oh ! Gary-ah ! Gomawo ! “ he thanked him before entering his studio

“ So , what is it hyung ? that you wanted to show me so badly ? “ he asked while offering Jongkook a seat on the couch .

Jongkook smirked and took out his phone , he slide the unlock button , he was searching over the phone and finally handed in over Gary . Gary blankly took it from him , he saw a “play” button . He looked at him in confusion , Jongkook respond his look with a “ press it “ smile . Gary nodded and pressed it .

“ Oppa like you ! “ the voice immediately came out from the phone . Gary was surprised with it . He looked again at Jongkook , but this time he purposely looked away .

“ What are you talking about oppa ? “ another voice came out , and it doubled up Gary surprise when he actually recognize that women voice . It was Jihyo's and that was a voice record of her and Jongkook's conversation earlier . Jongkook purposely said it to Jihyo to make some prove to show Gary how much she loves him . 

He listen carefully as the voice recorder keep playing .

“I understand how he felt and I know it’s my fault from the beginning ! “

“ and one thing you should keep in mind . I love him . I love Kang Gary and only him ! “ 

His heart unexpectedly elated by her bold word . A wide smile and a bright red could be seen on his face . He chuckled and looked at his hyung again .

“ You don’t meant it right ? “ he asked in suspicious

“ Eish ! Of course not ! “ Jongkook said and smiled . He grabbed his shoulder

“ Gary-ah . She loves you , don’t waste her “ Jongkook said with a serious voice .

Hearing the word from Jongkook suddenly made Gary felt guilty for all the thing he have done to her , for being cold towards her , for yelling at her , for the tears he cause , and for his ego .

“ but “ he mumbled

“ Why ? “ Jongkook asked

“ There’s no use hyung . She’s gonna marry someone else “ he said with a low voice .

“ No she’s not ! “ a sudden voice came out of no where .