XII

Choosing One (discontinued)

The next week the cast on her leg is taken off and she can now walk freely most of the time without using the cruches . Although she was excused from any classes , she insisted on going . She can't stay home and do nothing , it's killing her slowly . 

After persuading the boys , Shinhye finally get to go back to the university . She was rather excited in learning and meeting the professors . Shinhye got out of Lay's car and was about to opened the door but Lay beat her and opened the door for her . Getting the cruches out first and then help her stand up . He handed the cruches to her and walk her to her class .

Before he let her went inside , Lay pulled her to the stairs and take a good look at her .

"Text me when your class end . Call me if something happened . Don't move too much ." Lay said .

"Geez , calm down . It's not like I'll be away for that long ." She said .

"I'm worried for you mei-mei . All of us are ." Lay said .

"I know . You guys told me that tons of times . I even lost count ." She said and rolled her eyes . "Now let me go to my class peacefully ."

"But .."

"No buts buts . I can take care of myself . You know I can ." She grinned .

Lay let out a sighed and ran his fingers through his hair , "Fine . Just call me if something happened okay ?"

"I will ." She smile softly and went inside her class . Her friends came and greeted her , asking her if she's alright and what happened .

Right after her class ended , she went to cafetaria to get some refreshments and some freshmens , sophomores , juniors and seniors approaches her . A worried look appeared on their face and she thank them for worrying . After assuring the people that she's fine , Shinhye went to her next class and as she was on her way to her next class someone pulled her to the staircase .

"What the ?!" She said but someone clasped their hand over . 

She look up and found a good looking guy staring right down at her . His hair was silvery white and his dark irises just mesmerizes her .

"Shin , you're fine right ? Nothing broken right ?" The guy in front of her asked .

"I'm sorry but do I know you ?" Shinhye asked .

"It's me Hyunseung . Don't you recognize me ?" Hyunseung asked , his eyes sad and desperate in hoping that she didn't lose her memory .

"No . I'm sorry but I'm late for class ." She said and pushed him off her and walk to her next class .

Hyunseung stood there , hurt flashes in his eyes and a tear slipped off his face . He couldn't believe that she didn't remember who he is . He was fine if she pushes him off and hated him but he couldn't stand it if she didn't remember him . Three months ago when he last saw her , he cried in front of her , begging for her to come back . She was fine when he last saw her but he got a call from his friend saying that she was in the hospital and was hit by a car .

Hyunseung wanted to visit her and stayed by her side but he knew her best friends wouldn't let him . When he finally saw her today , he wanted to see her instantly but he can't since he had to see her alone and when he finally did , he found out that she didn't remember him .

Shinhye walked to her next class , her mind was bugging her with that man who she only knew as Hyunseung . She felt like she had known him before but she couldn't seem to remember who he is . She could see the hurt in his eyes when she said she didn't know him . Somehow her heart clenched seeing that look but she was confused to why her heart reacted that way . He was a stranger to her but she felt like he used to be someone important to her .

Shinhye decided to shrugged the thought away and focuses on her lessons . The day ended and she called Lay to picked her up but she ended up seeing Kris's car instead of her . Heading to Kris car , she smile at him .

"Where's Yixing ?" She asked as Kris took her books from her hands and placed it on the back of the car .

"He has something to do ." Kris answered as he took the cruches from her and pushed her softly inside the car . Handing her back the cruches , he jogged to the other side and went in .

"Oh but why are you the one picking me up ?" She asked .

"Why ? You don't like it ?"

"Not that I don't like it . It's just that Yixing insisted on picking me up when he brought me here ."

"Ahh I see . Anyway , anything interesting happened ?" Kris asked as he silently drove the car back to the house .

"In fact I do . Some guy pulled me to the staircase . I don't know him but it looks like he knew me ." She said .

"Who is it ?"

"He said that he's name is Hyunseung . Do you happened to know him ?"

"No . I don't know him ." Kris lied . In his mind he was thinking out of all the people , she forgot about the guy that she loved . Her first love . 

Kris wanted to know what had happened before the accident but he knew he couldn't force Shinhye to remember . Kris got the feeling that it had to do something with Hyunseung  . Kris drop her off in front of their house .

"You're not coming in ?" Shinhye asked .

"No . I have to go and meet a friend ." Kris gave her a soft smile .

"You have a friend that isn't us ?" Shinhye asked pretending to be shocked .

"Yah ! Of course I do ." Kris said and flicked her forehead .

Shinhye winced in pain and rub her forehead , glare at Kris and said , "Fine . Drive safely ." 

Shinhye then went inside the house and Kris walked back to the car that he left . He went inside and drove to back to the university .

Kris scanned the crowd searching for a group of people or more specifically Hyunseung . He walked towards the cafetaria and couldn't find him . Kris went to the library and park but Hyunseung wasn't there . As he was about to go back to the car , he found a group of people hanging around a jeep and found Hyunseung sitting at the back of the jeep . Although his friends was talking , Kris didn't see him joining in .

Kris went to the group and Hyunseung's friends stare at him , Gikwang nudge Hyunseung and Hyunseung snapped out of his thought . He saw Kris walking towards him and he jumped off from the jeep .

"Come with me ." Kris said .

Without any much saying , Hyunseung followed Kris away from other people . Hyunseung rarely followed people but he did because he also have some questions about Shinhye that only Kris or the rest of her best friends knew .

Kris stopped walking and turned around to face Hyunseung .

"What happened to Shin ?"

"What happened to her before the accident ?"

They asked at the same time .

"Answer my question first ." Kris said with a look that could kill anyone but Hyunseung wasn't scared .

"Why do you want to know ?" Hyunseung asked .

"Because that will be the only reason or maybe not to why she lost her memory ." Kris said .

"She lost her memory ?" Hyunseung asked , his eyes widen as big as saucers .

"Specifically you . She didn't have any memory about you ." Kris pointed to Hyunseung .

"Why ?" Hyunseung asked , a little bit of lost to why she would forgot about him . He was her first love after all . Her first boyfriend and her first kiss . Hyunseung also knew that although what he had did to her , she still love him so why did she forgot about him ?

"That is the question where she's the only one who knew but she didn't remember anything before the accident but the weird thing was that she remember everything from the morning where she had to washed the mess that she made on my face until she went to her class ." Kris said .

It couldn't be because of that . Why ? Did I hurt her too much that time ? Hyunseung went quiet and his mind went on thinking and replaying back the scene where he had brought her to the staircase . He cried in front of her and gave a kiss . He must have thought she must have despised him after what he did and wanted to forget him .

"Dude , do you know anything ? Why did she forget about you only ?" Kris asked .

Hyunseung snapped out of his thoughts , "I don't know . She could have wanted to forget about me ever since that day . You know what I did to her in the past ." Hyunseung said as his fingers ran through his hair .

Kris let out a sighed , "There's gotta be a reason and I'm going to find it no matter what . I'm sure something must have happened that day ." Kris said and left him . 

Hyunseung stare at Kris's figure that is slowly disappearing and his legs went to jelly and he fell down on his knees . Tears staining his face as his fingers raked his hair .

"Did I cause you too much pain ? Shin , why ? Why me ?" He whispered to himself .


Isn't the update getting shorter and shorter ? Hahah ..

Okay I have an announcement to make . The updates on this story will be very slow . Like extremely slow because I'll be focusing on 12 Kings 1 Queen . When that story is reaching it's end I'll be updating this story like usual . I'll still update but like I said it will be very slow . 

I must be mad to make a new story with 4 ongoing story .

So here's a link to my new story - Peppermint Ice Cream - EXO's Xiumin x OC

Oh and don't forget to leave a comment on this chapter ! I love reading your thoughts ^^