XI

Choosing One (discontinued)

Shinhye's eyes fluttered open , it was blurry and as she blinked her eyes a couple of times she could clearly see and the first person that she saw was Luhan who is sleeping beside her while holding her hands . Her eyes wander around and saw everything white , she look at her clothes and notice that she's in a hospital gown . Her head slightly hurting and she got up slowly but failed .

Luhan immediately woke up when he felt her hand twitched and he saw her trying to sit up . He immediately helped her up and smile at her .

"Hey beautiful ." Luhan said .

"Lu , where am I ? What happened ?" Shinhye asked as she held on her head , trying to remember what had happened .

Luhan let out a sighed but softly smile at her and caressed her cheeks , "You got into an accident ." He said .

"How long have I been here ?"

"Three months .." 

"What ? Three months ?! Are you serious ?!" Shinhye asked as she stared at him in shocked .

"Yes . I'll go and get the doctor to check you up . Stay here ." 

"Like I can go anywhere in this condition ." She muttered as she touched her head again that is hurting whenever she tried to remember things .

Luhan went out and got the doctor as he came in with the doctor , a nurse and Suho behind him , she softly smile at Suho .

"Miss Park , look here for a moment ." The doctor said as he held a flashlight in front of her eyes and move it left and right .

"Miss Park , do you remember what happened before the accident ?" The doctor asked .

Shinhye tried to remember what happened . Nothing came except headache . She touches her head as she slightly winced in pain .

"We'll have to do an MRI scan on you . Is that fine with you ?" Shinhye nodded as an agreement .

"Get the MRI room ready in an hour ." The doctor said to the nurse and the nurse went out .

"We'll be back in an hour ." She nodded again and the doctor left . Suho and Luhan came beside her and softly smile at her .

"You do remember me right ?" Suho cautiously asked .

"Of course I would ." She said .

Suho let out a relief sighed and put a hand over his chest , "I almost thought you had forgot about us ."

"Where's the others ? Mom and dad ?" Shinhye asked .

"The others is in classes . I just finished and came when I saw Luhan with the doctor . Your parent visited you when you were admitted but they can't stay long , they needed to go to London for business purpose . They didn't want to leave but we insisted and told them that we can take care of you and would call them instantly when you wake up ." Suho explained . "Talking about calling them , wait for a minute . I need to call your parent ." Suho then went out and made a call .

"How are you feeling ?" Luhan asked as he brushed off her hair that is blocking her face .

"Fine just a little bit sore ." 

"We'll have to take you out for a walk later . To get your body adjusted back after being in a deep sleep for a long time ."

"Yeah we should ."

"Yes Auntie . Yes she's fine . She just need to have an MRI scan later since she can't remember anything before the accident ." Suho said as he walked inside back the room and smile at Shinhye . "You can talk with her . Here ." Suho handed the phone to Shinhye and she took it .

"Hey mom ." Shinhye said . "Of course I'm fine .. I understand mom .. Just finished your business overthere first ... Don't worry mom , I'll be fine .. You know I have 12 boys to take care of me right ? Yeah yeah . Love you too mom ." Shinhye hung up and gave the phone back to Suho .

"Mom must have been a nuiscance to you guys ." She said .

"Not really ." Luhan said . 

"We understand that she's worried about you ." Suho said .

"Now , should we go and take a walk ? We needed to get your body adjusted back ." Luhan grinned as he held out one of his hands . 

Shinhye smiled and took his hand as Suho helped her got out of the bed . Luhan held on her shoulder as he helped her steady her body . Slowly they walked out of the room and went to the garden that is on the bridge which connected the hospital building to another building . Slowly she got adjusted and could walk without any of them holding her .

Although she have to use cruches since her left leg is broken . She stayed sitted on one of the benches with Luhan on her left and Suho on her right . She laid her head on Luhan's shoulder and look at the flowers that is blooming .

A nurse came and said , "Miss Park , the MRI room is now ready . We'll have to go ." 

"We'll wait outside for you ." Suho said .

Shinhye got up and went with the nurse to the MRI room .  She laid down on the table as she place her hand over her stomach .

"Miss Park , put your hands beside you ." The doctor said from the control room .

She did what she was asked and place it beside her . The table start to move inside and the scanner start to do it's a work . 

After 15 minutes , the table pulled out from the scanner and the nurse came back to help her got out of the table . 

"Take her to my office ." The doctor said and the nurse nodded .

The nurse took her to the doctor office where Luhan and Suho is waiting , she took a seat in between them and they waited for another 10 minutes .

The doctor came with a folder in his hands . The doctor then took out the MRI scan of her brain and place it on the bright board .

"As you can see this is Miss Park brain and this part here controls her memories ." The doctor said as he pointed to a part of her brain .

"That part of her brain is damaged and that resulted to memory lost ."

"That is why she can't remember what happened before the accident ?" Luhan asked and the doctor nodded .

"She might even forgot some people in her life and other memories . You might want to take her and showed her to every person that she knew ."

"Okay ."

"Miss Park is excused from classes in the university for a month and the cast on her leg can be taken off in a week . Make sure that she come here back in a week after she's discharged . Make sure that she eat healthy food , she can leave tomorrow ."

"Is it possible if I want to be discharged tonight ?" Shinhye asked . She doesn't like to stay in the hospital anymore .

"You seem fine so it won't be a problem . Just sign some papers and you're good to go ." The doctor said .

"But I think you should stay for the night ." Suho said .

"Why ?" She asked .

"We have to empty one of the rooms in our house ." Luhan said .

"And why is that ?" 

"No way are we going to let you stay alone in your house ." Luhan said .

"Oh come on . My butler is there too and there's the maids too ."

"No is still a no missy ." Suho said .

"Ugh fine but I'm going to be discharged tonight ." She crossed her arms on her chest and pouted .

"Fine . We'll just have the rest cleaned up one of the rooms now ." Luhan said and called Kris .

The three of them went back to her room and waited for the night to came . At 9 p.m. she was in her own clothes and a bag on her shoulder though Suho instantly took it over from her and they went out of the hospital to the car pack .

The drive took half an hour and Shinhye is now standing in front of the door of her best friends house , waiting for Luhan to unlocked the door . As Luhan went inside and she followed suit . Slowly using the cruches , she went to the living room though it was dark . As Luhan turned the lights open , 10 guys appeared in front of her and a banner saying 'Welcome Back Shinnie !'

"Welcome back Shinnie/Noona !" The boys said and the first on to crush her in a tight hug was Sehun .

"Ow ! Ow ! Ow ! Sehun ! My leg !" She yelled and Sehun immediately move his foot that is stepping hers .

"I'm sorry noona . I missed you noona ." Sehun said as tears start to brimmed around his eyes .

"Still the same cry baby Sehunnie ?" Shinhye joked .

"No I'm not !" Sehun protest .

"Miss me ?" Kris asked as he pushed Sehun away and held his hand out , waiting for her to hug him .

She place her finger on her lips and thought about it ,"If I say no would you be hurt ?" 

"Ouch . That's mean ." 

Shinhye chuckle and hug him , "I miss you though I don't feel like I just met you yesterday ."

"Aish ! You've been sleeping for three months of course you felt like you met me yesterday . I miss you more Shinnie ." Kris said and tighten the hug . "God you have no idea how scared I've got when I saw you getting hit by a car ."

"Move over ." Xiumin pulled Kris off her and hug her , "I miss you so much Shinnie ." 

"Eck ! Baozi ? Why are you getting skinnier ?" Shinhye asked as she felt his thin frame and pulled out of the hug to look at his face . Indeed Xiumin was getting skinnier .

"I'm on diet ." Xiumin said .

"Yeah right ." Shinhye rolled her eyes .

Soon each of them hugged her and expresses their worries to her and how much they misses her . Shinhye notice that some of them is getting thinner and skinnier like Xiumin .

"Okay . Have you guys been skipping meals ?" She asked and all of them look away , some whistled and some check their phones .

"I forgot that I have to do the laundry ." Chen said and ran to the laundry room .

"My turkey !" Kyungsoo yelled and ran into the kitchen .

One by one gave excuses and ran away , leaving her only with Kris . Kris looked around and saw that he's alone and hit his face with his palm .

"Those brats ." Kris muttered .

"Okay giant . Tell me what happened when I'm gone ." She said .

"Nothing . We're just on diet ." Kris said .

"Yeah right . Like I can't detect your lies . Come on Yi Fan ." She gave him a look that says spill-the-beans-or-I-will-kill-you .

"Fine . We didn't have the appetite to eat when we saw you laying in the hospital ." Kris said .

"Oh god ! Some of you guys are skinny enough and now you stopped eating just because I'm in a coma ? God I'm going to beat you brats to pulp ." Shinhye said .

"That is why we didn't want to tell you . You overreacted . Look we're fine Shinnie . You're back and we'll gain our weight back ." 

"You better do or I'm making sure that every one of you is fat that you can't even move any single muscle anymore !" She yelled , making sure that everyone of the heard .

"Noona ~ Your room is ready ." Baekhyun said as he ran downstairs and hugged her from behind .

"You heard what I said right Baekkie ?" 

"Yeah yeah I know . Now let's go to your room okay ?" Baekhyun said as he slowly led her up the stairs to her room which is also previously known as Xiumin's .

"So where is Baozi sleeping ?" She asked .

"In Luhan hyung's room ." 

"I could have stayed in my own house ." She sighed .

"Dinner's ready !" Kyungsoo yelled from the stairs .

"What dinner ? It's already past dinner time ." 

"We prepared some nutritious and healthy food for you so that you can recover quickly ." Baekhyun grinned and pulled her out of the room , to the kitchen .

"You gotta be kidding me ." Shinhye said as gaped seeing all the food on the table , there's barely space to place your own plate .

"Noona , come sit here ." Sehun said as he patted the chair beside him .

"This isn't dinner . This is a freaking buffet . Kyungsoo who's going to finished all of this ?" 

"Us ." Kyungsoo grinned and sat on her other side .

"I'm going to make sure every one of you eat till your stomach explode ." She muttered under her breath as Kyungsoo place some food on her plate .

 


I'm sorry that I haven't been updating that much but my brain is currently being an for not responding to any ideas for this story but instead it's responding to my other stories . 

If you guys would like do checked out my newest fic starring Exo's Baekhyun - An Ounce of Hope

The write button is so tempting and ideas for new fic just came and wouldn't stop so that resulted to a new fic . I'm sorry again for neglecting this story . 

You can see how my brain is restricting to how the length of this chapter is compared to the rest but I think this length is fine since if it's too long , you might get bored .

I apologize again for neglecting this story and I'll try my best to update this story but here's a poll for you guys :

I'll be making another poll when this result is out . I'll be leaving it open for a week or more . Maybe the other poll will be up for the next chapter .

So leave a comment on your thoughts for this chapter ! Your author will be dispirited seeing the poor responses T^T