VIII

Choosing One (discontinued)

 

// Christmas Day - EXO //


 

After that incident , Hyunseung would come up to her and asked her out for lunch or a date during the holiday but she will always ignore him . Day by day , the boys start to get curious about what had happened between the two of them especially Luhan , Xiumin , Suho , Chen , Baekhyun and Chanyeol since they knew that Hyunseung and Shinhye is actually closed back in the past . They were determined to find out what had happened .

Luckily today was a free-class day for them so they decided to go to her house and surprised her . As they arrived at her house , they noticed that there’s a car outside too .

“Did she buy a new car ?” Luhan asked as they was about to walk in the house when they saw her guards taking Hyunseung out but without force . Hyunseung pushed the guards hands off him and dusted his clothes .

“Oh you guys are here .” Hyunseung said as he gave them a smile . Those who heard or see what Hyunseung did or say to her gave him a glare and a look that says what-the-hell-are-you-doing-here .

“What are you doing here sunbae ?” Suho asked .

“Nothing . Just visiting her , I’m leaving . See you guys later .” Hyunseung said as he went to his car and drive out of the area .

“I have a bad feeling hyung .” Sehun said . Lay pushed them away and instantly went inside , there he find her on her knees crying . Her butler standing beside her , trying to comfort her .

“Mei-mei …” Lay called out as he went on his knees . She lifted up her face and hug Lay instantly as she cried in his arms . Lay patted her back , whispering comforting words in her ear . The others went inside and instantly surrounded her , asking her if she’s okay and what happened .

After half an hour , Shinhye stopped crying as her eyes grew heavier and she slowly drift off to sleep. Lay carried her in bridal style to her room , as she silently sleep in his arms hugging him tightly like her life depends on it . Lay laid her on her bed softly and tucked her in , she held his arm , “Don’t go .”

“I’m not going anywhere .” Lay said as he sat on the bed , holding her hand and pushing off her fringe that is poking on her eyes .

The others went inside her room and sat all around her room , some of them sat quietly on the couch , some were standing at the balcony , talking with each other while sometimes pointing towards her sleeping figure .

“Don’t go .. Please don’t go ..” She said with her eyes tightly shut , sweats coming out of her forehead , her body stirring in its place .

“Shh.. Shhh .. I’m not going anywhere .” Lay said as he caressed her cheeks .

“Hyun Oppa .. D-don’t go …” She said as a tear came out of her eyes . Lay was confused but still held her hand and wiped the tear off . The others start to gather around her bed , whispers and questions could be heard among them .

She shot up from her bed and her eyes were wide open as she panted , “It’s just a bad dream .” She told herself , she lifted up her head when she notices shadows and a part of her bed is sink down , “Oh .. You guys are here ?” She asked .

“What did you dream about Mei-mei ?” Lay asked as he push off her wet hair away from her face .

“I don’t know . Just a bad dream . Anyway , what time is it ?” She asked as she pushed off her blanket and got out of the bed .

“11.20 a.m.” Luhan said .

“Oh . I’m going to take a shower first . You guys can go to the theatre room first .” She said as she took her towel and went inside the bathroom . The guys went to the theatre room first and start to browse around the available movies , some were preparing some snacks .

After a quick shower , she went to her walk-in-closet and wore her knitted sweater and a pair of denim jeans . She quickly dried her hair and comb it . As she was brushing her hair , someone knock on her door .

“Yes , come in .” She said as the person went inside .

“Shinhye …” Luhan called out .

“Hey Lu .” She place her comb down and turned around to face him .

“So tell me what did you actually dream about ? I know you were lying back then .” Luhan asked .

She let out a sigh , “I’ve been lying to you and the others about something actually ..”

“What is it ?” Luhan asked . She let out another sighed and held his hand . She look up and met his eyes and gave him a smile .

“Let’s meet the others first .” She said .

“Okay then .” Luhan said as he held her hand and went to the theatre room .

“So what are we watching ?” She asked as she clasped her hands together and look at the boys .

“Shinnie ..” Luhan called and gave her a look that says don’t-you-dare-change-the-subject .

“Sorry ..” She smile sheepishly at Luhan and let out a sigh , “Guys , I have something to tell you .”

“What is it Mei ?” Tao asked while munching on his nachos .

“Just gather around first .” She said as she went to one of the couch and sat there , “Lay , sit with me .” She patted the seat beside her and Lay sat beside her . Luhan sat at her other side while the others just sat somewhere near her .

“So what is it that you’re gonna tell us that we have to gather ?” Kris asked .

“How am I going to start this ? Hmm ..”

“Just start however you want .” Luhan said .

“You guys know right that Hyunseung used to go to the same school with me and the others ?” They nodded , “And he’s been pestering me now and talking about ‘we’ll be together again’ bla bla bla right ?” They nodded again , “The truth is … He used to be my boyfriend .”

“HE WHAT ?!” Kris yelled .

“Sunbae what ?!” Luhan asked .

“And this is why I didn’t tell you guys …” She muttered as she slumped her back on the couch .

“How come we didn’t know about it ?” Xiumin asked calmly .

“Errr I asked him to keep it as a secret … so we dated secretly back then .”

“Alright guys calm down .” Suho said calmly as he shot some glares towards the boys that ignore him . After several attempts , they finally calmed down and sat quietly .

“Should I continue ?” She asked , Lay took her hand and held it before nodding to her . The others nodded , “It all started with just a simple greeting that soon turned into feelings and finally he ended up confessing and so do I . We dated for about 2 years . Do you remember that one day all of a sudden , Hyunseung and I became cold with each other ?” You asked Luhan and Luhan nodded , “At that time , our relationship wasn’t stable . We would fight and yelled at each other every time we met . Slowly and gradually we stopped seeing each other and giving each other the cold shoulder .” She gulped as a tear rolled down on her cheeks .

“If you want to stop you can stop now .” Lay said softly and wiped the tear off with his thumb .

“It’s okay . You guys should hear everything .” She said , “Even though we gave each other the cold shoulder , I still love him . We just went on our away for a while . One day in the middle of November , we met up and I asked him if he still loved me or not and he said that he wasn’t sure . He decided to end our relationship , I begged him to stay . I begged him … but you know how Hyunseung is , once he’s stick with his decision , he won’t change it and so we broke up .”

“He’s one hell of a stupid man to break up with someone as wonderful as you .” Kris said as he softly smile at her .

“He’s not . Maybe something went wrong between the both of us but I won’t blame him . You guys remember right that I stayed in my room for a month when I was 16 right ?” They nodded except Kris since he was in the States , “That's because my mind broke down and my heart breaks into pieces . Of course the cold shoulder hurts but breaking up and him leaving me hurts more , that’s why I isolated myself for a month .”

“Why didn’t you tell us ?” Luhan asked as he look at her with hurt .

“I’m sorry that I didn’t tell any of you . It’s just that he wanted to keep it as a secret and so do I .” She sighed .

“Noona .. Do you still l-love him ?” Sehun hesitantly asked .

“It will be a lie if I told you guys I don’t . I still do . He still have the same effect on me . Everything about him just affect me but not as much as before . I don’t love him as much as before . It will take some time before the feeling is completely gone .” She let out another sighed as she closes her eyes , a tear fell down , "The dream was about him , it played back to the day where we broke up . You know that day when I suddenly came to your house and broke into tears ?" They nodded , "I went back home and found him waiting for me . He actually came to my house on my birthday but I came home late so he left . And that day he came back again and this time he get to meet me . It's been like 5 or 6 years since I last saw him and I couldn't help but ran to your house and broke to tears ."

She was finally at her limit as she broke down to tears . Luhan immediately hug her and patted her back as she drenched Luhan’s shirt with her tears . Luhan start to sing her a song to calm her down ,

Baby don’t cry tonight after the darkness passes
Baby don’t cry tonight it’ll become as if it never happened
You’re not the one to disappear into foam, something you never should’ve known
So Baby don’t cry cry my love will protect you


 

“Sshh .. Sshh .. It’s okay Shinnie . We’re here for you .” Luhan said as he patted her back .

“Noona , we’re here for you . We’ll help you forget him .” Baekhyun said . She pulled out of Luhan’s hug and wiped off her tear . She look at every one of them and smile .

“Shinnie , we’ll help you . Don’t worry .” Kris said .

“We’ll even beat the crap out of him if you want to .” Chen said .

“Yah ! Do you want to die ?” She said as she held her hand up and was about to hit Chen when Chanyeol held her hand .

“He’s just kidding noona . I’ll beat Chen up for you .” Chanyeol said as he smack Chen’s head .

“That hurts you giant !” Chen said as he flicked Chanyeol’s forehead .

“Okay guys . Stop now before you ended up in a bruise .” She said as she push both of them from each other and smile at them .

“Now that’s my noona .” Chen said as he pinch her nose .

“Yah ! That hurts you idiot !” She said as she hit Chen’s arm .

“Mei-mei ~ Let’s watch a movie okay ?” Tao said as he pulled her from Chen and place her between his legs .

“Okay little panda .” She said as she look up to Tao and smile .

Little did she know that every one of them was breaking , their hearts were hurt knowing that she still loves Hyunseung but they made a promise to their own self that they will do anything and everything so that she’ll forget him .

“What are we watching ?” She asked .

“I don’t know . What do you want to watch noona?” Kyungsoo  asked as he handed her a bowl of popcorn .

“Come here .” Kris said as he pulled her away from Tao causing the bowl of popcorn to fall .

“Yi Fan ! Look what you did !” She yelled as she pointed to the scattered popcorn .

“Ge ! My clothes !” Tao yelled as he dusted off the popcorn that is on his pants .

“I don’t care .” Kris said as he sat on his couch and place her on his lap . The others just laugh at Tao’s rambles .

“Shut up Tao .” Chen finally said as he can't stand Tao's rambles .

“You’re going to tire my maids .” She said as she crossed her arms on her chest and pouted.

“We’ll clean it up later .” Kris said and pinched her cheeks .

“Hyung ! You’re the one who made this mess and you’re dragging us with you .” Baekhyun said .

“Baekkie , I’ll clean it myself . This idiot made the messed and I know he won’t even do anything when it was time to clean up .” She said as she poke Kris’s head .

“How can you be so sure about that ?” Kris asked as he flicked her forehead .

“Because you always do that !” All of them said in the same time causing them to burst out in laughter except Kris .

“You guys win .” Kris groaned .

“Let’s just watch the movie please ?” Kyungsoo said .

She got out of Kris lap and went to sit beside Kyungsoo as she laid her head on his shoulder , “Okay . You may press the play button now .” She said as Kyungsoo press the play button and fed her some popcorn .

 


 

As I promised a double update :D

I'm so out of ideas . SO PLEASE BARE WITH SOME STUPID SCENES u.u

Leave a comment about the chapter .

You may also PM me if you wanted to request a scene . I'll be taking those for the future chapters for their dates after the confessions .