Shadows From the Past

The Chance That Happened
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Next Day:

Michaila’s POV:

 

I woke up to the sound of my phone going off, tell me I was getting a phone call from Yoonji Unni. "Hello?" I answered half asleep. "Michaila, I need you and Daehyun here at TS in 20 minutes, okay?" She said through the phone. "Yes, unni, bye." I said as I ended the call. "Oppa, wake up, we have to go to TS today." I said shaking him. "Why?" He whined. "I don’t know, but Yoonji Unni told me to have us both there in 20 mins. So go shower, because I'm gonna shower right now." I said getting out of bed. "Okay." He said getting out of bed and grabbing a pair of shorts, a shirt, and some underwear. After I showered I changed into my clothes, and I just so happened to match Daehyun.

 

We arrived at TS 10 minutes later. As we came into the building both Kang oppa and Yoonji unni came towards us. "Good morning." We bowed to them. "Morning, follow us. We have something to discuss with you two." Yoonji unni said as she lead us into a dance room. "Unni is something wrong?" I asked her. "Oh no. It’s just me and Kang oppa decided to have you two have a duet." She said excitedly. "Really, Thanks Unni." I said very excitedly. "No problem, the name of the song is called 'Now', it's a very y song." She said. "So, are we here to learn the dance to it?" I asked as I pointed out that we were in a dance room, instead of a recording studio to work on vocals. "Yes, you and Daehyun are gonna work on the dance. And we have two instructors here to teach the male and female parts to the dance." Kang oppa said.

 

"Okay, who are they?" Daehyun asked. "Well for Michaila your instructor is Hyuna. And Daehyun your instructor is Hyunseung from Highlight. They will be here in about 30 minutes so get settled and warmed up because I have a feeling you two are in for a long day of training." Yoonji unni said before both she and Kang oppa left out of the room.

 

 

With Yoonji and Manager Kang

Yoonji's POV:

 

"Oppa, did you call Erika and Zelo?" I asked him as we walked away from the dance room Michaila and Daehyun were in. "Yes, they should be coming in about 10 minutes." He said. "Great, our plan of showing off their relationships is working." I said doing a dance of joy. "Come on Yoonji-ah, we have to meet them in the lobby." Kang oppa said pulling me back towards the lobby.

 

 

Erika's POV:

 

Me and Zelo were walking into the TS building as we saw Yoonji unni and Kang Oppa walking towards us. "Good morning, Unni and Oppa." I said bowing. "Good morning, Hyung and Noona." Zelo said bowing also. "Morning, follow us we have something important to discuss with you two today." Kang oppa said as we were lead toward the recording rooms. "Hyung, did something happen?" Zelo asks Kang oppa. He shook his head 'No' then responded. "No, Junhong-ah. You and Erika will be having a duet together. This duet will be a cute and innocent duet. We want to show a more cutesy side of the two maknaes in the company." Kang oppa replied. "So this duet will have mostly vocals, hyung?" Zelo asked. "Ah yes, but there will be dancing, but not much. And also we wanted to showcase your cutesy rapping Junhong-ah and also your bubbly singing Erika-yah." Yoonji unni told us.

 

"Okay, we will leave you two to work on the song. Just call me when you have the notes and lyrics well known, and we will begin the recording process, Okay? Then we will be going." Kang oppa said as he dismissed himself and  Yoonji unni. "Come on oppa let's begin studying." I said picking up the lyric sheets. "The song is called ‘Oops’, this maybe a cutesy song after all." Zelo said from behind me. Zelo and I practiced the lyrics, notes, and rhythm of the song for almost 3 hours until we had them memorized. Zelo called Kang oppa and told him, and then the sound man came in and worked with us. After we finished It was about 7:30 and we had been at TS working for almost 9 hours. As we were leaving the building I spotted both Unni and Daehyun leaving the part of the building where the Dance rooms were. "Unni." I said to her. She looked up and smiled.

 

 

Michaila's POV:

 

Daehyun and I had just got done practicing our duet song 'Now' and this song is y and feisty.  It's like the exact opposite from me and Erika's last concept. "Unni." I looked up to see Erika and Zelo also walking out of the building. "Erika, what are you doing here?" I asked her. "Me and Zelo have a duet song. So we were recording the song. It took us ever since we go here til' about 15 minutes ago to finish." She giggled. "Wow, daebak. Me and Daehyun have a duet too, but we worked on the dance to it, and we still have to practice with our instructors tomorrow and Thursday." I said while we were walking to a nearby cafe.

 

"Oh really, what's the name of the song and the concept? Our song is 'Oops' and it's supposed to be a cutesy dance and MV." Erika said. "Oh, really, our song is called 'Now' and the concept is y and feisty. Like a way of saying we are growing up or something." I said. "Oh, well did Unni tell you when you were going to do the photoshoot and MV filming?" Erika asked. "No, since this guy," I nudged Daehyun. "Can't seem to get the steps right it maybe a week or so before we get to do that. Do you know when your photo and filming will be?" I asked her. "No, Unni isn't this going to be a problem with our wedding only a months weeks away?" She asked me with concern. "It shouldn't be. I'm sure Unni knows what she is doing, plus she has Kang Oppa to help her also. And if so we can reschedule the wedding reservations, since we haven’t even really sent out much about the wedding since we’ve all been really busy." I said comforting her.

 

"Ey, is anybody hungry?" Daehyun asked. "Oppa you're always hungry," I giggled. "But yeah I am kind of hungry. Let's go to the Grill down the street. Call?" I suggested. "Call, Let's go." Zelo said almost out the door of the cafe.

 

 

Michaila's POV:

One Month Later:

 

"Oppa, come on we have to get to the broadcasting station, so we can practice before the performance tonight." I said as I dragged Daehyun by the arm into Music Bank studios. "Yah, Michaila we are already here. So what's the rush?" He asked. "Because, we have to be here." I said rushing him even more. We walked into the studio and saw a group practicing their comeback. I looked closely at a member of the group. He looked familiar like I've met him when we were younger or in school. When they finished their rehearsal I just had to figure out who he was.

 

"Excuse me, but are you 'Kevin Woo'?" I asked him. "Yes, why?” He said as he turned around. "Wait. Are you Michaila Velasquez?" He asked me as he studied me closely. "Yes, It's been forever. How are you?" I said as I hugged him. Since Kevin was born in America, he knew how to speak English very well. Now I bet you're wondering. 'How did you meet Kevin before debut? America is a large country, so how?’ Well, the truth is I knew Kevin from my childhood. We lived in the same neighborhood, he moved away when I was about 10. We kind of lost touch after he moved to Korea, so meeting him again is like a dream come true. "I have been good, what about you? Why are you here?" He asked. "I am here to perform. I'm apart of the duo 'Wogukin', but today I'm performing with Jung Daehyun. It's the debut of our song together." I told him. "Cool. My group and I just finished our rehearsal for our comeback. Oh, do you want to meet the members?" He asked me. "Yeah let’s go." I said linking my arm with his. We walked backstage to meet with his group members.

 

"So what's your position in the group?" I asked him. "Well, I’m like the main vocalist, after our leader Soohyun." He said proudly. "Wow, I guess we both followed our dreams. I’m the eldest of me and my partner Erika, and the main vocalist." I told him. "Wait. I forgot to tell you something." I said stopping us both. "What is it?" He asked looking at me. "I'm in engaged." I said happily. "Really? That’s amazing. To whom, may I ask?" He asked proudly of me. "Jung Daehyun." I said smiling. "He is a really cool guy. I hope he is treating my little sister, ok

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter