A Magical Night

When the Playboy Married the Nerd

Listen to (Runaway by Bruno Mars): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8M77rC-WSc

            One day, Jaejoong announced that since now we’re officially husband and wife we should share the same room. With one bed.

            “Why do I feel like you’re gonna take advantage of me?” I asked. 

            “I’m not, seriously! It’s just that,” Jaejoong took my hands, “I’m just so in love with you…and it feels really weird to be in love with you and you’re out there sleeping on your own bed. We’re husband and wife, after all.”

            He looked so sincere; I just had to say yes. “Fine. But if I feel you do anything I’m going to use violence.”

            “Don’t worry, you won’t have to. When you’re ready, we’ll do it, okay?”

            I looked up at him, at his big brown eyes that seemed to really care about me. “Okay.”

            “Great. I’ll get started on moving your things,” Jaejoong said with a smile as he started up the stairs.

            *When you’re ready…* Jaejoong’s words kept replaying in my head. I loved Jaejoong, a lot, but this doesn’t seem like the right time. It was too early, and it would be my first time, too. I sighed and started up the stairs. I trusted Jaejoong and I knew that he would know when I was ready too. I just knew it.

            So for the next hour or so Jaejoong and I moved my things and his things all into the master bedroom. There was already a king sized bed in there, just ready for someone to have in it. I think my parents planned this from the start…

            Speaking of my parents, Jaejoong and I had arranged a dinner with them at Red Essence about a week later. I was still curious about my memory loss back in freshman year so I wanted to ask them about that too. I didn’t tell Jaejoong that I suspected myself as his first love, since I wasn’t too sure myself.

            “Hey mom, hey dad,” I said as Jaejoong and I sat down opposite from them.

            “Awww, they’re so cute,” I heard my mom coo.

            Dinner started off just plain quiet for a while, before I asked the magic question.

            “Uh, mom,” I cleared my throat. “Can you tell me more about my life before my amnesia?”

            My mom looked surprised. My dad, however, was too busy digging into his steak.

            “Why so sudden?” she asked.

            “It’s just something I thought I should know.” I felt Jaejoong tense beside me.

            My mom wiped her lips with her napkin and then thought about it for a moment. “Well, I can say that before your memory loss you were very different. Girlier, I must say. You went to the park a lot; especially after school you’d ride your bike over there immediately. I never knew what it was for. It only seemed as if you liked the scenery there. But I had a feeling that it involved a boy…” she paused. “And strangely enough, the park that you went to was right down the street by Jaejoong’s parent’s mansion.”

            “H-Huh?” Jaejoong stirred around in his seat. “Can you tell me how she lost her memory?”

            “Hmm…” my father took over. “She almost drowned. A boy rescued her in time before it was serious. We never got to thank him though, we didn’t even know who he was.”

            Suddenly, everything started clicking into place. The events match perfectly, too perfectly. There was only one conclusion: we were each other’s first loves.

            “S-S-So…” Jaejoong couldn’t even speak right.

            Knowing now for sure that Jaejoong was the boy who rescued me from near death made me speechless.

            Nobody spoke of the matter for the rest of the dinner and during the ride home with Jaejoong it was so silent that all I couldn’t even hear our own breathing.

 

            When we got home I took a shower and washed up. When I got out of the bathroom Jaejoong was already on the bed, checking the messages on his phone. He looked at me and softly said, “Hey.”

            “Hey,” I replied.

            I cautiously made my way over to the bed, sliding into the covers. Jaejoong turned off the light, making the mood darker than it already was.

            “Good night,” he said as he turned his back to me.

            “Good night.” I turned my back onto him as well.

            I don’t know what was going on with us but it just seemed so awkward. I could tell that he had loved her a lot. Maybe he was shocked, I don’t know.

            “______,” Jaejoong suddenly said.

            At first I didn’t know whether or not he was talking to me. But after some silence I figured that it had to be me. “Huh?”

            I felt Jaejoong turn around. He was probably facing my back right now but I didn’t want to turn around.

            “You know what’s scary?” he asked.

            “What?”

            “That we’ve met each other before. You know, before this whole marriage thing even started.”

            “Yeah…it is kind of scary. And how I don’t remember most of what happened before my memory loss.”

            “You don’t?”

            “Well…only a little bit. Like how nice that boy – you – were to me.”

            I turned around now and just as I predicted, Jaejoong was staring right at me. We met eyes, and we just looked at each other for what seemed like a really long time. Then he leaned in and gave me a sweet kiss on the lips.

            “But either way, I’m glad,” he said quietly.

            “Why?”

            “Because now I know that the girl that I’ve been yearning to see is you. I can stop wondering where she is, what she’s doing. Because she’s right next to me. And to be honest, I really do think that at one point I loved you more than her. It might sound weird, but it’s true, as a matter of fact.”

            I smiled, a genuine smile, and leaned in to kiss him again. His lips were soft and velvety on top of mine and I suddenly realized that I loved him a lot. There was something that was brewing inside my heart, something that didn’t want to let him go. Jaejoong rose up so that he was on top of me. He started kissing me harder and I felt his body brush against mine. At that very moment, I just knew that I was ready. Ready to be with him from tonight and forever and beyond. Ready for whatever comes because I know that he’ll be there, right beside me. Jaejoong slid his hand under my shirt so that he was touching my waist from underneath. I felt him tense up again, hesitating.

            “Are you…should I…” Jaejoong didn’t even finish whatever he had to say but I already knew what he was trying to tell me.

            I swallowed hard, hesitating myself, but in the end, I nodded. “Yes.”

            Jaejoong grinned and leaned down to kiss me again. I suddenly felt so happy, to be with him like this. With just the two of us, here, right now. I trusted him, and that was all he needed.

            I could hear Jaejoong’s breathing, warm and steady on my skin.

            “Trust me,” Jaejoong said softly into my ear.

            “I do,” I replied, closing my eyes.

            I took his hand, and slowly placed it on my chest, where my heart was.

            “Can you hear it Jaejoong? It’s beating so fast, so loud…I was so sure you can hear it…I must love you too much…” I looked up to meet his eyes, his big, big eyes that I had always stared in.

            “And you think my heart’s not like that either? I love you…so much…I can’t even describe it…”

            I flung my arms around his neck and started kissing him some more, wanting this night to last as long as possible. The rest of the night was kind of a blur…but I remember it feeling so magical, like I was flying in the clouds or something. I really did fall in love with this guy. I really did. 

;D