the kids

PEEK
The sun haven’t set yet, the kids are having fun in the pool. They swim and swim and swim. They invited me to join them as soon as I got home from visiting two of my treasures, my father and my brother. But I had to rest first, while I am sitting at the side of the pool sipping my juice prepared by ren and sehun, I suddenly thought of kyu and hyun joong. The tense between them gives me the reason to be curious.
 
An hour just past, watching the kids. I got up and wave my hand calling the boys, they immediately swum towards me.
 
“I’ll just get change okay? I said grabbing my bag on the chair.
 
“come back okay?,,ren whined..
 
“aigoo? Again! jr hit the blonde in the head..
 
“awtsss..what’s wrong again!! Ren hissed…
 
“stop fighting.. I’ll just change my clothes and I’ll make you snacks..I told them patting ren’s head as well as jr..
 
“haisstt,,jr shove my hand and swum again…
 
“your boyfriend is mad..go to him… I carelessly said..making fun actually..
 
“tskkk,,,sehun choked…
 
“he’s not my boyfriend!!! He’s just my best friend!!! ren shouted…it’s cute..
 
“they are actually like jungmin hyung and hyung jun hyung, they fight often and reconcile,,that’show their friendship works…jr likes ren but he,,,luhan talked and paused as he pointed the blonde…he rejected him…
 
“yahhh!!! I don’t want to ruin our friendship like what happen to gil young hyung!!!,,ren spat out, he covered his mouth while sehun and luhan was surprised and their eyes grew wide, they all look at me, concerned.
 
“it’s okay…I’ll go inside now.  Get inside too later okay? I waved to them, I laughed as I shook my head while leaving, I heard them blaming the blonde, but what really happens, actually my auntie told me that he was sick, sickness is the reason why he died. And I was confused because they never tell me what kind of illness it is..
 
I went to my room, I blew air on my bangs. I removed my glass to clean it since it gets blurred while I was at the edge of the pool. While wiping it with my shirt, head lowered, someone just pass in front of me and felt something touches my face. I jumped and had goose bumps, I immediately put my glasses and check if there is someone in the room. But no one is there. I went to my closet to get some change, I weakly face the mirror. And I suddenly can imagine what my brother looks like, the cold eyes, the hair, I smiled, I‘m hallucinating, seeing things randomly. I snapped out when I heard knocks on my door.
 
“ye~~~!!! I shouted and run on the door. But I stopped and came back to the mirror, did I just saw something? I mumbled and slowly walk towards the door again. *a figure didn’t leave the mirror*
 
“hyung!! Let me help you to the kitchen,,,ren showed up and said with his puppy act.
 
“tskk,, okay,,you got me,, permission granted..I said and pat his head..
 
“yeepee!!! Ren jumped as he clap his hands. I paused after and look behind me, who was that? I mumble in question…
 
“what is it? Ren asked peeking inside my room,,,
 
“ahhh nothing, I thought I heard someone squealed and laughed?,,I was just hearing things maybe,,maybe downstairs… I assume..
 
“let’s go..I’m excited to prepare snacks…ren jumped into my arm and drag me quickly downstairs to the kitchen.
 
 
***********
 
Gil young’s past:
 
Ren often knocks at his room, pestering him always, whining all the time, then gil young just let a small sigh and scratch on his head before hugging the blonde.
 
“hi!!! Ren greeted the coldest person in the house cheerfully as he entered and acquired a space in the mansion. The first time they met.
 
He came back from work when he saw this dazzling pretty blonde sitting on the living room. He assume, a new boarder. And he’s instinct isn’t a failure, his auntie introduce this pretty boy to him.
 
He waved to him as his auntie left them after introducing each other.
 
“you are the owner of this house? The blonde jumped unto him in surprised of him.
 
“ye,,,gil young answered coldly..
 
“hussshhhh,,so everyone are right..you are as cold as the ice…ren mumbled and stuck his tongue out..
 
“mwo? Who told you that? Gil young asked, looked pissed already..
 
“aigoo!! Jungmin hyung, hyung jun hyung, luhan hyung, sehun also always blabbered how you treat them coldly…he mentioned.. They are the boarders in the mansion that time. The house is calm and it’s all perfect just until the house were occupied by two another guys..
 
Not to mention, ren came with jr, his best friend who happened to have feelings for him secretly. But friendship is stronger than any feelings for the best friend.
 
Luhan and sehun came to the house a month before ren and jr came, to assume it, they are still in high school when they started to live in here, they are sophomores in high school, they lived here in one purpose, they need to saved time commuting. Their friendship grew along with their hyung who got close to ren, especially. The blonde is just adorable to him so he treated him as his real brother, and so the same as the rest.
 
He found the boys too attach to him, they even slept to their gil young hyung’s room. Ren often wanted a cuddle from him. For some odd reason, the blonde became too close to him and vise versa. Gil young is cold outside but he is sweet inside. He trust this young boys rather than his same age boarders.
 
Until one day, few months later, kyu came and with all their shocks, especially ren, found out that their hyung is in the relationship with the new boarder.
 
“hyung! Is that true? You were dating already? Yahhh!! Ren yelled and asked..
 
“mianhae..I planned to tell you but I’m not confident to tell it yet..gil young said. Pulling the blonde closer to him..
 
“I don’t like him for you! He looks like, we can’t trust him…ren spat out..
 
“don’t worry..I’ll take care of myself…he said and gave the blonde a back hug..
 
“aigoo…yahh!!! Hyung needs someone too..he needs to date too…jr scolded the blonde..
 
“congratulations hyung..luhan and sehun gave a thumbs up to their hyung, though they are against into it also, but who are they to contradict their hyung, only ren can do such thing like that.
 
“thank you..gil young said and turn to the blonde in front of him..see? They approved it..so can I get your approval now?,,he asked giving a light peck on the blonde’s forehead..
 
“be sure I can still sleep in your room…ren continue to sulk…
 
“aigoo, this kid..am I not enough to be with you in the room? Jr shouted at him that makes everyone laughed..
 
“no..I don’t trust you…and besides, I have the feeling that…that kyu will just hurt our hyung, believe me hyung…I can feel it…ren said hanging to his hyung’s neck..
 
“you better accept it now or you can’t able to sleep in this room again..gil young threatened..
 
“husshhhhh…arasseo..do what you want…but I won’t trust that kyu.. Ren insisted and flop down to the bed..
 
After that revelations and talks about it. Gil young became busy with kyu. Kyu stole all the free time of gil young and he didn’t able to have time for the boys. Kyu often whined that he felt jealous for the special treatment to the boys.
 
The boys were upset especially ren that makes it a big issue between them all. Jr started to scold ren often and almost everyday and before bed time. Good thing there is luhan and sehun to make them reconcile. The situation got worst when the last boarder came but without any reason kyu doesn’t like the new guy. It got complicated and they cant hold unto their hyung. They can’t even talk to him everyday. Yelling and fight in their hyung’s room was heard everyday and every night. And they are wondering why their hyung’s auntie never interfere to any situation.
 
“just let him do whatever he wants…why are you so whiny about it?! Jr started yelling again..
 
“why are you shouting at me? Ren shouted back..
 
“stop it already! Im getting irritated to this, you always talk about gil young hyung gil young hyung gil young hyung!! Jr kicked the table on their room..
 
“hey! What happen here? Luhan and sehun came..
 
“jr is just annoying!..ren hissed…
 
“if I heard you whining again about gil young hyung. We will get out of this house..jr threatened..
 
“you can’t do that, and what’s wrong in talking about him? He’s good at us all..I was just worried…ren said..
 
“okay you two, must stop now..luhan said..
 
“isn’t ren right? I mean we often hear him crying and see him crying and we don’t know why he’s crying, he never say anything to us..sehun spoke…
 
“you too sehun, just stop it..mention it again and I will shut those mouth of you both…jr said pointing the two and slam the door as he exited and leave the rest..
 
“take your rest now…luhan held ren to the bed..you too sehun, go to the room now..he commanded. Sehun exited the room too obediently..
 
Luhan waited for the blonde to fall asleep and in few minutes later he exited the room too. He saw gil young exiting his room also. He was crying again, but he never wanted the boys to know why he cries a lot so he always go to the place where he can think alone. 
 
He run when he saw luhan to avoid him seeing his tears. He run and went to the back yard where luhan secretly followed him and there he found out that there is a nipa above the big tree.
 
This nipa is his second house, the house were he can be alone, praying that someday, his brother will come to console and comfort him but no, no brother came until the present. He wished he never be parted with him. His brother young saeng, his twin brother is always calm and soft, even when they were young, he is the type to like everything and get everything, while young saeng is the type that willing to give everything.
 
Luhan didn’t bother him, he stopped and sat on the ground, listening too the cries of his hyung. He never saw him crying like this. Few minutes later, he saw someone coming and he hid himself somewhere he wouldn’t be found out. He saw the new boarder hyun joong heading to the nipa. He knows this place? He mumbled. Just until then gil young stopped crying.
 
“luhan!!! He heard a voice calling his name. he attended to him immediately and covered the mouth to prevent him making noise.
 
“sehun,,,he whispered to not able to scare the boy..it’s me luhan,, he informed and slowy uncovered the mouth..
 
“what are you doing here? Sehun asked…
 
“ssshhhh, come with me…luhan whispered and take the boy to where the nipa is..
 
“what is that?..sehun asked again.
 
“hyung is there…he’s crying and I saw hyun joong hyung came… luhan replied..
 
The next day, the two informed ren and jr, and from that day on, they monitored the nipa and there they saw how their hyung sneak out when he’s crying, they want to comfort him but every time their hyung came to that nipa, another guy is coming for him.
 
 
***********
 
We are preparing sandwiches, ren and i, happy like we’ve known each other long time ago.
 
Not feeling any better when i suddenly felt something, like we are not alone, someone is with us, someone is watching us, playing with us too. i just ignore the fact about it and focused to the blonde who was playing with the breadaaa .
 
Not more than 15 minutes that we were in the kitchen, the kids came and jumped to the chairs, picking sandwiches and bite them immediately.
 
“hyung. Can you add more cheese please? Sehun came behind me as he slid his hand on my waist and demanded with a pout. I don’t know why this kids are too attach to me, whiny and all.
 
“eiii the cheese boy.. Here…ren whose beside me gave the whole cheese to him.
 
I took the cheese and sehun just stuck his tongue out to ren. I chuckled at how childish they are in front of me.
 
Few minutes more later kyu came and he gave a smile to the kids. Obviously fake. The boys became silent and their faces sunk down.
 
“hyung…do you want to go out this weekend? Like shopping? Jr spoke to break this awkward moment.
 
“that’s a good idea,,,kyu praised…we can all go to the shopping mall..he added..
 
The kid’s face goes down again, maybe they are not close with kyu that’s why. Why not invite hyun joong hyung too? Jr, suggested. And kyu’s face was obvious, that he didn’t like the suggestion.
 
“ahhh really? He can go with us? I excitedly response that makes kyu gritted his teeth.
 
The kids smiled at me. We finished our sandwiches and I felt the awkwardness between us all. It’s too silent, no one is talking aside from murmurs from the kids, almost whispering to each others, while kyu is staring at me.
 
“we’re home!!!! We heard shouts from the living room, that’s jungmin for sure and the other is hyung jun. 
 
The ice broke and we all look at the entrance of the kitchen. The two appeared. They run towards us and took each slices of sandwich.
 
“hyung..we’ll take our shower first…luhan announce who are still wet from the pool.
 
“ahh okay..go on.. I replied..
 
“ahhh we’ll go upstairs too. Thanks for the delicious sandwich,,,hyung jun said..
 
 They left and I stayed alone with kyu. Kyu keeps on staring at me and I felt uncomfortable again. Why is it so strange being with him alone. Unlike when we were in the cemetery he’s so sweet and caring. But now after I saw him glaring sharply to hyun joong I felt like I am with a devilish man.
 
Hyun joong suddenly popped on the entrance. I waved at him shyly since I remembered again what happen last night.
 
“are you fine now? You look so startled last night? He opened..
 
I saw  the changes of kyu’s reaction. Ne..I’m fine,,I was just imagining things maybe. A ghost, something like that. I replied sheepishly. Kyu stood up quickly and leave us. Is he mad? I questioned mentally.
 
“don’t mind him, he’s always like that.. Hyun joong said, going back to him, I smiled.
 
“you look pale.. He commented and lean closer to me. I took aback but he just lean more closer..
 
A flash happens again. Kissing.. He’s kissing me? I snapped out panting and I suddenly pushed him.
 
“what happen? He asked, concerned.
 
“nothing, nothing,,,I exclaimed and stood up from my seat. I was about to run when I felt a tight grip on my hand. I looked back and was shocked.
 
“don’t get close to him? That eyes pleading on me?.. I wiggle and shut my eyes. And pray. Gil young please..I plead in my thought..
 
“young saeng ssi? Hyun joong shook me. I snapped out and when I opened my eyes, I saw him, it‘s just hyun joong. I jumped into his hug once again.
 
Silence followed between us, but I’m still in his embrace. I felt this addictive warm coming from his hug, it’s like I felt it somewhere else or from someone else.
 
“why did you mention gil young? He asked all of a sudden that makes me pull out from his arms.
 
“I thought it’s him, actually he is, don’t get close to him, he told me that…I tried to recall..
 
“I..I told you that…he claimed looking into my eyes, but i'm sure i saw another face..
 
I looked at his eyes when I saw a figure on his eyes, mirroring myself, but it wasn’t me. I pushed him again and ready to run, when he pulled me into his tight hug. giving me comfort.
 
“it’s okay..don’t be scared,, he told me softly that makes me soften myself and fall once again into his warm embrace.
 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
next scene will be..you know it already.your most awaited haha hyunsaeng moment.i supposedly making the past with jungmin and hyung jun but i'll put them the last, since kris and tao already had, i won't be detailed about them anymore...i'll make it brief on how their fate collide them...okay,,see next chapter the time and sequence of the boys arrival in the mansion..thankyu for new subbies..