Linked Hands

Writing Compilation

All of a sudden, his warm grip is on my hand, our fingers crossing awkwardly over each other's. Instinctively, my hand jerks away ever so slightly. His gaze falters as he turns away from me. 

The tips of his ears are burning a faint shade of scarlet.

"I-I, just, I'm sor-" he made to untangle our fingers, his doe-eyed pupils downcast.

"No! I-it's fine," the words tumble out from my lips, "I mean..."

My brows scrunch up in worry at my inability to complete my sentence. Flickering around in panic, my eyes spot our hands, merely inches apart.

This time, I reach hold of it, noticing for the first time how much larger his palm is. Our fingers entwine again, this time as if they were meant to fit perfectly; two pieces of a greater puzzle.

Shock overcomes his features for a good moment or two, before a shy smile creeps onto his full, pink lips and he finally meets my eyes again.

Heat is coursing through my cheeks. I'm hyperaware of how my fingers are trembling.

I'm unable to meet his gentle eyes. Instead, I hide my face. I lower my head, pressing my forehead onto his shoulder, feeling the cool fabric of his shirt against my heated self.

Soft laughter escape his lips, soft and fleeting, like a breeze. My ears tingle, but I remain unmoving, rewriting the melodious note in my head over and over again.

We were rooted there, for minutes, maybe hours even, but it didn't matter. 

What mattered was that he didn't shake me off.

 

A/N : I was writing this with Got7's sweet Yugyeom in mind, just dumping this here since I'm not planning to start another drabble compilation. Spreading the love for GOT7's adorable maknae~