Endearing

Writing Compilation

 

 
Only one word could describe how he saw her: endearing. Perhaps it was that lopsided grin she often gave, or maybe it was how her pajamas were always so adorably mismatched, for— to him—she was just so lovable.
 
She was often never without a friendly smile, even to strangers, and the warmth in that shy grin of hers could linger in his mind for days. To him, her smile and laugh were almost angelic, and she was easily the nicest person he had ever met. Her habit of putting on whatever oversized top she had and a random pajama bottom for sleepwear seemed to accentuate her childish innocence even more, not that he minded. And sure, she had her weak points, stubborn as a mule was that girl, but it only showed just how hard she worked and how much she treasured things. However, he found her the most endearing when she needed someone next to her—especially when she was crying— for it allowed her to rely on someone, even if it was only for a moment or two. It wasn't often that she broke down, but when she did she would be quietly crying, tears streaming down her cheeks as he would rush to hold her in a hug, to tell her that the storm would always pass.