Accusations

Writing Compilation

It was a first for me — seeing him truly enraged. His knife-sharp comments struck a nerve in me and I couldn't help but just stand frozen on the spot. From beginning to end, his eyes were hostile and his tone bitter, but worse of all, his heart was now cold and unwelcoming. My mind whirled around with thoughts, but my lips refused to defend myself. All I could do was helplessly watch him continue hurling obscenities at me and ramble about trust, or rather, the lack thereof, between us. A steady beat pounded at my temples, as I tried to think of a retort to satisfy or, at the least, pacify him. I ended up without an explanation once more, and you know what they say about silence? It was consent. Not that I could argue about that, for I knew that everything he had said was true.

Though it had only been for a couple of minutes, it felt as if it had been an eternity. I would've given everything to make it right again, but then again, nothing I could've said would've change anything.

 

A/N: I sincerely apologize, both for not updating and uploading this sorry excuse for a drabble. Also, I haven't been writing for leisure for quite a couple of months and I've seemed to have lost quite a bit of my touch. Once again, if anyone actually reads this, I'm sorry. And thankful that you took the time to browse this.