Thump, Thump, Drag…

Horrifyingly SHINee: A Collection

It was Friday night, a night in the Lee house where once a month the parents went out on a date, leaving their two boys at home with Soo Young. Soo Young was a lovely 16 year old neighbour who loved looking after 4 year old Taemin and 8 year old Jinki.

It was nearing 9 o’clock by the time Soo Young had fed, bathed and put the two trouble making boys to bed.

Now she knew that the two boys were still awake, Jinki telling his brother silly jokes, but she also knew that it was a Friday night and soon enough the youngest would simply pass out from exhaustion.

But what she didn’t know was that as soon as she settled down with a glass of coke in front of the t.v., Jinki and Taemin and snuck down and settled themselves on the stairs to watch with her.

They watched as she lazily flipped through the channels, stopping briefly on this channel or that one, finally stopping at a news-broadcast.

Taemin snuggled closer to his big brother as the anchorman told of an escaped mental patient. Jinki put his arm around his baby brother, whispering reassurances.

Taemin nodded, tiny body shaking in fear.

Finally Soo Young flipped the channel to a movie station and happily enjoyed an old movie she hadn’t seen in a while.

Giggling happily and crying when emotions went high, Soo Young enjoyed her movie and forgot all about the news report.

On the stairs, Taemin had drifted off to sleep, softly snoring tucked in the safety of his big brother’s arms.

Jinki however, was still awake and staring concerned at the windows in the front of the house. He always was the most wary child of his age.

Something wet dripped onto his pant leg and Jinki sighed, Taemin was drooling a sure sign that he was out for the night.

The sounds of Soo Young sleeping away on the couch told him that it was really late and perhaps he too should go to sleep.

Standing carefully the 8 year old carried his 4 year old brother to bed.

Crawling into bed beside his brother, Jinki snuggled in close.

He was almost asleep when a strange noise caused him to sit up in alarm.

Thump.

Thump.

Drag.

Jinki wondered if Ashley had woken up and picked a new movie, something scary this time.

Until it repeated. The odd thumping and dragging noise, repeating until Jinki’s nerves got the best of him.

Shaking his little brother awake and placing a hand over his mouth so he couldn’t speak, the elder brother mimed getting out of bed and hiding in the closet.

Slowly Taemin climbed out of bed and with his thumb shoved in his mouth waited as his brother quickly made the bed. He watched with great curiosity but said nothing, slowly on his thumb.

Jinki didn’t speak, he just moved his brother into the closet and covered them with the extra blankets his mom kept there incase Taemin wet the bed.

“Jinki?” Taemin finally asked, whispering softly in the darkness. “Whats wrong?”

“Shh. Listen.” Jinki pulled his brother closer.

Thump.

Thump.

Drag.

Taemin whimpered, burying his face in Jinki’s shoulder.

They huddled together, little shaking bodies buried under a mountain of blankets as they listened to the strange noises get closer and closer.

Suddenly the noise was right outside their door, Taemin whimper and Jinki’s breath caught in his throat. The door opened and the boys went deathly silent.

Footsteps moved inside the room, traveled around and stopped.

Taemin’s eyes were wide in the darkness, the whites glowing like lanterns as Jinki struggled to keep himself calm enough to avoid having his brother melt down.

They sat for hours in the same cramped position, silent tears rolled down little faces as they both wondered what horrors awaited them and their parents.

Hours later, Jinki was jolted awake by a loud, horrified scream.

Still huddling in the closet, Taemin blinked open his eyes and waited as his memory caught up with reality.

Running footsteps sounded throughout the house as the Lee brothers heard their mother screaming their name, their father’s voice could be heard just as clearly screaming for Soo Young.

Suddenly the footsteps stopped and their mother let out a wordless scream again.

It was their father who flung open the closet door and found his terrified children clinging to each other in the darkness.

Dropping to his knees, he pulled them into a spine crushing hug. Tears streamed down his strong face as he muttered insensible words in their ears.

Soon their mother climbed in next to them, a funny metallic smell clinging to her skin.

Picking up Taemin and sheltering his face, their father was the first to move.

Jinki’s mother followed, tugging her eldest to his feet and trying to shield him as well.

But even though one eye was covered by his mother’s hands, the other was able to peer out from between her fingers.

Laying in the doorway to their room was Soo Young.

Her bloody body lay face down over the thresh hold, looking wrong.

It took a moment for the horrible sight to register in Jinki’s eyes.

Her eyes were wide in death showing the horrors reflected within and was a gaping hole. Her tongue cut out so that she was unable to scream. Unable to warn the boys of the terrible figure in the house.

And her arms, barely more than stumps now, having been savagely dismembered just above her elbow. Her legs were the same, only the portion above her knees remained.

It was then that the strange thumping sound made sense.

The kind, caring babysitter had dragged herself up the stairs to the boys room so she could try and protect them. She had left a trail of blood that Jinki’s eyes followed as his mother pulled him from the house.

The family huddled together on the front lawn as the police arrived in full force.

When they were done with their investigation the Chief came to talk to the Lees, asking that the boys be removed before finding out what happened.

Their mother refused to allow them out of her sight, instead instructing her husband to cover their youngest’s ears while she did the oldest.

But Jinki still heard it all, and seeing the look on his little brother’s face, he knew Taemin did as well.

The escaped mental patient on t.v. had broken in to their house just after Jinki carried Taemin up to bed. He had been the cause of the movement Jinki thought he saw out the front windows.

Sneaking in, he had first attacked Soo Young before cuddling with her abused body on the couch, blood stain evidence showed. Then he’d gone somewhere in the house, giving the young girl a chance to move.

She’d dragged herself upstairs, hoping that Jinki would hear the noise and knowing that the child would still be up.

Her murderer had followed her, and when she finally bled out, dropping in the doorway to the brothers’ room, he went inside to see what was there.

The police assumed that he saw it was a child’s room and figured sooner or later they’d come out on their own. He’d probably waited a while, as indicated by the unmade bed.

Jinki’s quick thinking probably had the mad man second guessing if anyone was even there and made him have a nap instead. It had probably saved their lives.

There was no evidence as to when the man left, except that they knew he had to have gone, there were blood stained footprints leading out of the house that didn’t match either elder Lee.

Horrified, Jinki whimpered and nuzzled closer to his mother.

“Chances are we may never even find him.” Were the last words the policeman spoke before turning away.

The Lees watched as Soo Young’s body was removed from the house, and only Jinki saw the smiling man on the other side of the police line laughing merrily as he held Jinki’s favourite blanket to his face and sniffed it.
 

----

Well I hope you guys are as creeped out as I am...

*shudders*

Always was my worst fear when I babysat late at night, the creepy killer breaking in while I slept... needless to say I never slept much...

Anyways, comments, stories, suggestions, requests, everything is welcome!

Loves

Kat