Caught on Video

Horrifyingly SHINee: A Collection

When Jonghyun was attending university, he quickly became friends with a boy a couple years younger than him named Minho.

While Jonghyun was lucky enough to be able to afford accommodations on campus, Minho was not. The younger being forced to take a cheap, crappy apartment in the worst part of the city.

The place always bugged his younger friend, but with nothing for either of them to do, he survived.

Until weird things started happening

Minho often complained to Jonghyun about the mysterious happenings in his apartment. The curtains being drawn in his bedroom at night when he came home when he knew he opened them in the morning. Sometimes things of his seemed to move around and go missing, frustrating him to no end.

“I think I’m going crazy.” Minho complained one day, “But honesty I don’t know what to do.”

“Maybe its stress. You’re probably doing these things without thinking because of our workload. Don’t worry so much.” Jonghyun said stealing a handful of french fries from Minho’s plate.

“Yeah but really…” He was cut off.

“Set up a camera then. Its what I did when I thought Kibum was touching my stuff.” Jonghyun scowled at the thought of his younger brother.

“Yeah but what if its something serious?” Minho said, slapping Jonghyun’s fingers as he reached for another handful.

“Call the police, then you’ve got a tape for evidence.” Evading Minho’s swats, more fries disappeared into Jonghyun’s mouth.

Giving up, Minho pushed the plate to Jonghyun’s side. “Still got that camera?”


It was two days later when they set up the old recording device in Minho’s room.

Then they left, both hoping that at the end of the day this issue would be solved once and for all.

So Minho went to class, forgetting all about the camera until Jonghyun called him shortly after he got home.

“So have you watched it yet?”

“Not yet,” Minho answered walking over to the camera’s hiding place. “I’m just getting it now.”

“Okay, well stay on the line with me and tell me what you see.” Jonghyun instructed, curious to hear what Minho would see.

Pressing play, Minho watched the silly test he and Jonghyun had done before leaving to make sure the camera was working.

“So far nothing.” Minho said, fast forwarding until he saw the door open. “Oh my god, there’s someone coming in.”

“What? Who?” Jonghyun shouted.

“I don’t know.” Minho said, squinting at the screen. “It looks like a guy. Long black hair, kinda stringy and greasy looking. He’s wearing a tattered shirt and ripped jeans.”

“Creepy, look familiar?”

“Not at all, holy , he’s got a knife!”

“What!” Jonghyun yelled, a clatter and some fumbling telling Minho he had dropped the phone

“Yeah.” Minho shuddered. “Now he’s going through my stuff, moving things. There goes the blinds.” He continued his commentary, fast forwarding the mundane activities until, “He’s going into the closet.”

Jonghyun was silent on the other end as Minho continued to fast forward. “Oh, here I am.” He said, watching himself walk in the door.

Something didn’t seem right to Jonghyun, but he couldn’t quite figure out what.

“I guess this means I should go to the police.” Minho said, voice shaking as Jonghyun realized what was wrong.

“Minho?”

“Yeah?”

“Get out.” Jonghyun hissed, “Get out now!” He screamed the last word.

Minho inhaled sharply because of Jonghyun’s outburst, then as the closet door creaked behind him, he realized what he should have known all along.

“He’s still there!” Jonghyun was screaming into the phone. “He’s still there!”

Minho’s screams came over the line just before the phone went dead.

That night, Minho’s body was found by the police after Jonghyun’s frantic call for help. He was laying in a cold pool of blood, his body mutilated by over a dozen cuts.

In his hands he clutched the videocamera.

The memory card was missing.

There was nothing of the man to be found.

 

------

 

This is the reason I refuse to record anything that goes on in my house!!

Sorry that yesterday was missed, I was hanging out in Hamilton with a friend then we had our after Halloween party!

This is yesterday's update, hopefully when I get home I'll be able to post today's...

Until next time, question, comment, suggestion, anything!!!

Loves you lots

Kat