Red Room

Horrifyingly SHINee: A Collection

"The student was the fourth in a series of campus deaths, body drained of blood." Jinki turned off the news report and shuddered.

Something strange was going on in the city of Seoul, every week for a month, a student was found dead in their room.

As a forensic computer science major, Jinki knew that in each case (unreleased to the public) the victim's blood covered the walls and their computer was open with the hard-drive seemingly wiped clear.

Jinki sighed before returning to work.

As the top student in his program he had been given the chance to work with the police and attempt to recover the erased data on the latest victim's laptop.

Suddenly, after hours of getting no results, something started happening.

Jinki stopped clicking buttons and waited.

"Do you like.."  A popup appeared on the screen.

It was the image of a red door with a recorded voice sounding like that of a young child.

Unamused by what he assumed was a advertisement, he clicked the red x at the top of the page.
It worked, but only for a moment.

Another popup, exactly the same appeared.

"Do you like..." The voice trailed off, causing Jinki to shudder unknowingly.

Again, he clicked it closed.

Trying to move forward, Jinki found himself unable to do anything other than continue clicking the same x on the same popup.

Soon the voice was distorted, sounding nothing like how it began as the regeneration of the popup became faster and faster. It became a distorted, growling version of its former self, something that reminded Jinki of a computerized demonic voice.

"Do you like the red room?" Finally the popup changed and a recognizable child's voice was heard and Jinki sighed, relieved that the annoying popups were finally over. The image of a red door remained.

Clicking the x, Jinki found himself being redirected to a site containing a list of names.

He scrolled quickly, making notes as he went, until he reached the end and stopped.

The last five names on the list were oddly familiar.

Lee Taemin

Choi Minho

Kim Kibum

Kim Jonghyun

Lee Jinki

A cold shiver went down his spine as he turned pages in his notebook.

Just as he came to the page he was looking for, the hair on the back of his neck stood up and he could sense something in the room behind him.

Turning around slowly, his eyes widened and he began to scream.

The sound was cut off as quickly as it started as Jinki’s head was severed from his body, blood flying everywhere as the creature in the room began cutting and spraying his blood until it covered the formerly beige walls of his room.

“Do you like the red room?”

The popup from the computer returned, repeating over and over until hundreds of them covered the computer screen.

Then all at once, they were gone.

Only one popup remained, showing the red door swinging opening.

Inside was a room with red walls, an evil sound came from the computer speakers as the image on the screen shifted to show Jinki’s mutilated body laying spread eagle on his floor.

As the computer shut off, somewhere across the city of Seoul, a popup appeared on another computer screen.

Do you like...

 

-----

And this is why pop-ups always freak me out.. I'm always afraid that it will be something creepy..

Anyways, as much as I'd like to stay and chat, I really need to be heading off to bed... Insomnia is a real pain (Jonghyun, I totally understand!) but tonight I think I may actually be able to get a solid ... 4... hours! Yay for sleep!

Loves you all as always,

Comments, suggestions, ideas, prompts, anything!! Drop me a line and let me know!

Loves Kat