Hitchhiker

Horrifyingly SHINee: A Collection

Kibum was driving the long distance between Seoul and his home town of Daegu when he stopped at a small gas station about 20 minutes away from his parents house.

He’d made it almost the entire way, but the coffee he had purchased before leaving the big city was finally making its way through him. He bought a package of chips after using the rather sketchy bathroom and was making his way back to his car when a short but muscular man approached him.

“Hey man, I’m Jonghyun, can we chat for a bit?” The man, Jonghyun, smiled. In any other circumstance, Kibum would have considered him rather attractive and would have been happy to chat with the stranger, but something about his demeanor seemed off.

“Sorry, my parents are expecting me soon and if I’m not there then they’ll start to worry.” He tried to send the man a regretful smile, but knew it came across rather strained.

“Honestly man, just one minute. Seriously.” Jonghyun was looking stressed.

Alarm bells shot through Kibum’s skull and he knew that he had to get away. “Sorry!” He shouted and took off running towards his car.

“Wait!” Jonghyun screamed after him, not expecting such a small man to be so fast.

Climbing into the driver’s seat, Kibum pressed the button to lock the doors, fumbled with his keys and tore off out of the gas station.

His blood ran cold as he watched Jonghyun start following him.

Pressing down on the gas pedal, he drove faster and faster. Heart racing, he could hardly concentrate on anything but making it to his parents house where he knew the door was open and waiting for him. Then he could call the police.

So it took him by great surprise when his car was hit from behind.

He screamed, jerking the wheel to keep it on the road.

Headlights flashed, blinding him in his rearview mirror. Tears began pooling in his eyes as he wondered if he would ever make it home.

Finally, after what felt like hours, the lights of his parents house came into view.

Jonghyun’s truck pulled up along side his car and Kibum fought hard not to scream or pass out. His hand slammed against the centre of his steering wheel in a desperate hope that his parents would come running to see what was happening.

Pulling up as close to the door as he could, he took his hand off the horn.

His quick thinking had done the trick, his parents were standing in the doorway waiting for him with looks of horror and confusion on their faces.

Throwing open his door, Kibum jumped out and ran.

Jonghyun followed, quickly overtaking him and dragging him into the house. Kibum’s parents moved hastily to avoid getting run over.

Jonghyun released his arm, moving quickly to lock the front door and slam the deadbolt into place. “The police are on their way.” He said breathlessly.

Kibum couldn’t speak, his body shaking violently.

Seeing the look of horror and panic on Kibum’s face, Jonghyun pushed him towards the window set beside the heavy wooden door.

Together they watched as the rear passenger door on the driver’s side of Kibum’s car swung open.

Something glittered in the light cast by Jonghyun’s headlights. Something silver and sharp held in the hand of a man who had been hiding in Kibum’s back seat.

“I saw him climb in when you went into the bathroom.” Jonghyun explained to the horror stricken man. “I tried to warn you, but…”

He didn’t have to explain.

Kibum stood there, still staring into the darkness the man had disappeared into, as flashing lights signaled the arrival of the police.

“I’m sorry I scared you, and I’m sorry that I bumped into you.” Jonghyun said, watching with Kibum as the police somehow managed to tackle the man from Kibum’s car. “But he just kept sitting up, holding that knife higher each time. I just wanted to scare him back down.”

Kibum’s heart raced as he realized just how close he had been to being murdered.

Blood pounded in his ears before everything became too much.

He fainted, body crumpling as it fell to the floor.

 

----

This! This is the reason I hate travelling in the dark and having to stop... Honestly bladder or no bladder if I can hold it, there is no stopping!

Yay for Jonghyun! My hero!.... or rather Key's Hero!!

And now for the usual begging for comments! Please please please!! *uses aegyo* comments, suggestions, ideas, anything and everything is welcome!!

Loves Kat