Tomino's Hell

Horrifyingly SHINee: A Collection

*Warning: Do not read this poem outloud. This poem is said to kill anyone who has read it outloud and whether or not it is safe to read the English translation, it is better to be cautious.*

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Taemin huffed as he stared at the yellowing piece of paper laying on his desk. “This is bull.” He said, rolling his eyes at his friend Kibum. “What idiot would really believe that reading this stupid poem aloud could kill you.”

Kibum stared at his younger friend with an unamused glare. “The legend has been around for years, there has to be some sort of truth to it.”

Taemin snorted, he was always the most skeptical about urban legends and with his skepticism, he was always the first person to try and disprove the stories he heard.

“Yeah right. Its just some stupid poem some loser wrote and wanted to get attention for.” Taemin picked up the paper, crumpling half of it in his fist. “Honestly, I could read this right here, right now and nothing would happen. Just like the whole Bloody Mary thing. Stupid stories to entertain stupid people.”

“You’re stupid.” Kibum said, offended by Taemin’s words, knowing that he was one of those so-called ‘stupid people.’ Then biting his lip, he tried once again to reason with his friend. “There are things in this world that people should not say aloud, do you really want to risk it?”

Taemin’s trademark ‘evil-little-’ smirk spread across his lips. “I really do.”

Then, taking a deep breath and ignoring Kibum covering his ears and squinting his eyes shut in terror, Taemin smoothed out the wrinkles in the paper and began reading.


Kibum tried to block out the words as Taemin recited them, almost gleefully, but Taemin’s voice broke through.

When he was finished reading, Taemin set the paper back on his desk, nearly missing as his vision went slightly blurry.

He blinked, rubbing his eyes with the back of his clenched hand before tapping Kibum on the shoulder to signal he was finished.

Tentatively, Kibum uncovered his ears and stared at his friend. “I hate you for doing that to me.” He said, sniffling a bit in indignation.

Taemin rolled his eyes. “Nothing happened. I don’t know what you were so afraid of.” He rubbed his still blurry eyes again. “, I think I’ve got dust in my eyes from that old paper.” He laughed, “The only thing that poem is going to do to me is give me itchy eyes. God I wonder how long that page was stuck in that book for.”

Kibum stared at him, eyes flicking towards the paper and back again as if searching for any sign that something horrific was going to happen.
When nothing did, Kibum let out a shaky little sigh of relief.

Taemin smiled, slinging his arm around his friend. “See, I told you nothing bad would happen.”

His happy smile faded from his face as his stomach growled and a pulsing pain shot through his abdomen.

“Taemin?” Kibum asked, worry seeping into his voice. “Taemin, are you alright?”

Shaking his head, Taemin doubled over clutching his stomach.

Nausea bubbled in his stomach and he barely made it to his garbage can before he began vomiting.

Kibum rushed to his side, stopping short when he caught sight of the red fluid filling the white pail. “Taemin?” He whimpered. “Taemin?”

The younger groaned in pain as he continued vomiting blood.

“Mrs. Lee!” Kibum shouted, standing up and running to the bedroom door. He shouted for his friend’s mother, screaming as he realized that they were alone.

A dull thud had Kibum turning around slowly. The sound of retching had stopped.

The sight before him paralyzed him with fear. Taemin lay on his side with the contents of the bucket spilling all around him.

The youngest’s hand twitched once before going still.

Everything was eerily silent as Kibum stared in terrified horror at his best friend’s body, until a shuffling sound behind him caught his attention. He didn’t move as he watched a translucent image of a young boy pass around him.

Something glittered, caught in a stray beam of light.

A child’s voice spoke softly with a soft angelic pitch. The words were blurred together, slowly getting clearer and clearer as it got closer to the body.

“Cute Tomino travels alone.” The voice sang gently, the words coming out like a lullaby. “To welcome you to hell.”

Kibum stepped back slowly, unconsciously as the spirit walked by.

It stopped next to Taemin and the thing in its hand flashed as it moved with top speed.

“Stick fresh punctures in the flesh.” Red blossomed through Taemin’s clothing, dying that which hadn’t been touched.

Kibum was almost to the door as the slashing stopped. His heart pounded in his chest as he watched the thing stand up and turn faster than any human could.

Slamming his eyes shut, Kibum banged against the wall beside the door.

The last words to the poem were then spoken directly in front of him, by a voice that he would never forget. His eyes flew open, standing not even a hairs breath away, staring him in the face, was the dead body of his best friend.

“As a sign to cute Tomino.” The dead boy giggled.

 

----------------

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Well my lovely readers, I have returned!! Sorry about the long wait, but with Christmas and work I barely had any time to think, let alone write...

But I'm back and have plently more stories to come!

Now I'm not normally one to be afraid to read something aloud, but this is the exception and honestly it creeped me out to even think about typing it because I tend to speak outloud when I write...

Anyways, what do you think?

Comments, suggestions, ideas?

Loves you lots and thanks for waiting for me!!

Kat