Street Light

Horrifyingly SHINee: A Collection

The only thing about university that Minho didn’t like was the late night classes.

While he didn’t exactly enjoy his 8am Physical Science lecture, he hated even more having to go home in the dark.

Not that he was afraid of the dark, but it was more that when he had late classes, he had to get up early for his daily run.

And he really hated getting up early.

Getting up early and suffering through a day of classes ending after 10pm, had Minho feeling very tired and very grumpy.

He declined an invitation from his friends to go for a drink and even turned down his TA Kibum’s offer for a quickie in the TA’s office.

Something he was usually more than up for.

Grumbling unhappily to himself, regretting slightly turning Kibum down, Minho found himself walking almost in a daze. He seemed to make it onto his street faster than normal, but that could have been contributed to his overtired state.

The road seemed darker than usual and it took Minho more than a few minuted to figure out why.

Every streetlight was dim, their bulbs not glowing brightly in the darkness. It seemed as if someone had blanketed the lights covering their light and sending out only an unearthly glow.

Every streetlight, but one.

The light that stood on his front lawn looked like a beacon of safety in the blackness of the starless, moonless night.

Grumbling about the lack of maintenance in this area of the city, Minho walked closer and closer to his final destination, and more importantly, his bed.

As he moved near, something else caught his attention.

Or rather nothing else caught his attention.

The night was silent.

Not the type of silence he was used to, where the sounds of traffic were gone and only the stillness of the night made any sound, but the type of silence one only got when they sat in an empty room devoid of anything with sound canceling headphones covering their ears.

He couldn’t even hear his own footsteps.

It was upon that realization that another one became apparent.

With every step forward he took, the lights he moved towards clicked out.

Soon the lights were turning off faster and faster, electricity failing even before he moved forward.

When the entire street, but that single streetlight, was in darkness, Minho realized that he had stopped moving.

His legs felt like lead, like he couldn’t move even if he wanted to.

Then suddenly the weight was lifted and Minho began moving faster, never more grateful for his daily runs. Until a shadow appeared in the yellow glow of the light.

He stumbled, tripping over his own feet and falling to his knees less than 50 feet from the no longer safe glow.

The figure’s head appeared to be looking at the ground, but Minho had the sinking feeling that it could see everything.

The last thing he saw as that final light blinked out of existence, was the glowing whiteness of the devil’s eyes.

 

----

Thank you to RaichuLove for the wonderful prompt that led to this. Sorry it took so long for it to happen!

January was a long and exhausting month... and here I thought things were goingt to get easier! But oh well! Another chapter is here!

Comments, questions, stories of your own!

Loves Kat