Soul Mates

Horrifyingly SHINee: A Collection

When Key was 21 he married his high school sweetheart.

Jonghyun was the perfect husband, he gave him little gifts just because and he told Key that he loved him every day.

On their first anniversary, to prove their love for each other, the two men decided to tie their souls together for eternity.

Pricking the tip of their ring fingers, Key the tip of Jonghyun’s finger in his mouth and swirled his tongue around the digit.

Jonghyun did the same, grimacing at the metallic taste in his mouth.

They made love with the taste of each other in their mouths, knowing that their souls would be together forever.

But it was nearing their second anniversary when Jonghyun’s father passed away, leaving him sole control of their family company.

There was one condition.

He had to marry a woman and have children.

So he denied his fathers wishes, leaving the company in the hands of the executive board.

It was on their third anniversary when his mother feel ill, voicing her desire for grandchildren before she died.

But he couldn’t leave Key, he loved him too much.

However his mother’s wishes and the desire of the board to have him take control of the company soon became too much.

One night, when Key had come home late, Jonghyun lost it. He accused Key of being unfaithful and as their argument escalated, he stabbed him ten times in the chest.

Watching the light go out in Key’s eyes, Jonghyun panicked.

Calling the police he played the part of a distraught husband who had come home to find the love of his life murdered.
 
He lived in mourning for a year, taking over his father’s company and throwing everything he had into it.

Then his mother passed away, leaving in her will arrangements for a marriage partnership.

Marriage soon followed, a lovely girl with almond shape eyes that reminded him of his late husband.

Gibwoon was gorgeous and if he only looked into her eyes, Jonghyun almost could forget about what he had done and think that Key was still there with him.

Gibwoon gave him three beautiful children and made his live comfortable, but he still felt like something was missing.

One night when Gibwoon and their three children were out at a movie, Jonghyun lay dozing in his armchair.

“Jonghyun.” A soft voice whispered.

Thinking it was his wife, Jonghyun smiled, “Come here baby.” He said, holding his arms out.

“Okay baby.”

It was a voice he hadn’t heard in over 10 years. His eyes shot open.

Standing in front of him, looking the same as he did when he was twenty 24, was Key.

Jonghyun froze as the spirit of his dead husband moved closer and straddled his legs.

“You killed me.” Spoke the disembodied voice of the love of his life, the man he killed.

Jonghyun couldn’t speak, he froze in terror, thinking of his horrible actions. “I’m sorry.”

“Not as sorry as you will be.” Key smirked. “Our souls are joined.”

A memory flashed into Jonghyun’s mind, the night they tasted each other’s blood.

Key continued. “Joined in life and in death.” His cold hand reached forward, digging into Jonghyun’s chest and squeezing his heart.

Jonghyun could feel his heart racing, pulsing hard between Key’s fingers as the spectral being smirked.

Pain filled his entire body as Jonghyun’s vision faded.

His last thought before everything went dark, was that even in death Key had his heart.
 

 

-----

 

Double update today! Technically this is today's update, the earlier one is the one I missed yesterday.

This tale comes from the lovely RaichuLove! Thanks so much for sharing it with me, I hope you liked it!

Comments, questions, prompts and suggestions all welcome!

Loves to you all!

Kat