Aka Manto

Horrifyingly SHINee: A Collection

The last stall in the bathroom on Taemin’s office floor was notorious for being dirty. For a Korean company with branches all over Asia, like the Japanese branch he was currently in, it was hard to believe that they couldn’t keep one stall clean,

The youngest executive didn’t know why, nor did he care, all that mattered was there was always another stall for him to use.

So far he had been lucky, but he figured that sooner or later his luck would run out.

Today was that day.

Unable to hold it any longer and pissed that someone had managed to clog both other stalls, he  was forced to use the last stall.

Grumbling and pushing the door open with his knee, kicking it shut and locking it with a crooked finger, Taemin entered the stall.

“Red paper or blue paper?” A grainy, voice rumbled.

Face screwing up in confusion, wondering what the person was talking about, Taemin simply ignored it and reached for the toilet paper holder.

“Red paper or blue paper?” The strange voice asked again.

“Uh, no paper.” He said almost uncertainly, as he stood up and flushed.

He heard nothing else he left the stall, washing his hands with twice as much soap.

Walking back to his desk, Taemin stopped in front of his coworker Jonghyun’s desk.

“Hey man, were you just in the bathroom trying to with my head?” It seemed to be the only possible explanation for what had just happened.

“ no, I’m on deadline.” The older man, clicked away at his keyboard, before stopping suddenly and staring at Taemin with wide eyes. “Why?”

“Someone just asked if I wanted red or blue paper. Like what the is that?” Taemin scoffed.

“What did you say?” Jonghyun’s full attention was on him now.

“Does is matter?” Taemin said, watching as Jinki strolled into the bathroom he just left.

“It matters because…” He was cut off as his phone rang, signaling to Taemin to wait, Jonghyun took the call. He was just hanging up when blood curdling screams came from the bathroom.

Both men ran, followed by nearly half their floor. Lying half in, half out of the stall, was the most horrifying sight Taemin had ever seen.

It was Jinki.

Or what was left of him.

His body looked as if he’d been shredded. Blood covered the floor and soaked the white of his shirt an almost pretty bright red.

“He said red.” Kim Kibum said from behind them. The young Korean had been at the company only a few months longer than Taemin when they had both transferred over.

“What?” Taemin asked, wondering what was with the colour red.

Sad eyes looked into Taemin’s own. “The legend of Aka Manto. Its said that an evil being is associated with the last stall in some bathrooms. Its never been seen, but people who have escaped alive say that a mysterious, creepy voice asks you a question and depending on your answer, you die.”

“Whats the question?” Taemin asked, he was more than just nervous now. Shaking visibly as security forced their way past the crowd.

“Red paper or blue paper.” Kibum said, staring at Taemin. “What was your answer?”

“How do you know?”

“You look afraid.” The answer was simple, but it made the most sense.

“I said no paper. I mean, I already had toilet paper and it’s not like we use any colour but white here.”

Kibum let out a dry chuckle. “You’re lucky Lee Taemin, very ing lucky.”

The body of their ill-fated coworker was covered by someone’s coat as security began marching them out of the tiny room.

“Why am I lucky?” He asked seriously.

“Because legend has it, if you answer red, like Jinki so obviously did, you are sliced apart until the only thing that remains of you is red.” Jonghyun filled in, falling into place with Kibum and Taemin as they went to collect their things.

The office would be closed because of death in the building.

“What about blue?” Taemin asked, afraid of the answer.

“You’re strangled until your skin turns blue.” Kibum said, waiting for Jonghyun to shut down his computer and grab his coat. “If you’re dumb enough to try and outsmart Aka Manto by saying any other colour, you get dragged into hell. The only way is what you said.”

“No paper?”

“No paper.”

 

----

Written for the wonderful I-Love-EXO, I hope you liked it!

I've never heard of this one before, but now I think I'll be a little more creeped out when using the last stall....

Only a couple days left until Halloween! I get to dress up and play around tomorrow with the kids I look after ^.^ So excited, I love Halloween!

And I love all of you!

Loves Kat