Proposition

That Girl Next Door
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 8

Proposition

 

 

DARA'S POV

 


"I need you to be this baby's mom."

 


I stopped. Turning my head to see any expression from him that said it was just some kind of his lame jokes. But none. "Tell me you aren't serious." I warned him.

 


His knuckles turned white as he massaged the taut skin stretching over his forehead in frustration. God, he really must be serious.

 


When he didn't respond and the fact that he really wasn't fooling around, I continued, "Excuse me?" I'm sure that he's finally going off the deep end. Did my neighbor, that manwhore jerk just asked me to be his baby's mom?

 


"I need you to pretend." He paused for emphasis, "To be my baby's mom."

 


I chuckled at him, his words still ringing in my head. I cannot stand him anymore. "I'm out of here." I said as I raised my hands in surrender, turned to my back but stopped when he spoke again.

 


"Please, just hear me out!"

 


"Are you serious?! Me? Your baby's mom? What kind of a joke is this Jiyong?!" I turned to face him again and shouted on top of my lungs. I jumped at my voice, realizing that we're not only the two of us in the room, thank the angels above the baby's still sleeping soundly.

 


He took a deep breath, eyes focused on mine and I can see the desperation in it. "You witnessed everything, Dara," He started, my forehead creased at how comfortable he said my name, it's like, he had known me for so long. "And I'm sorry again for introducing you to my parents as this baby's mom. You see, my dad was pleased and he will be angry if he find out that I lied to them. He's so soft when it comes to children and I know he'll come around after some time. So for the mean time..."

 


I cut him off, too angry to care that I was being rude. "So in other words, you want me to be this baby's mom until you get his heart?" I was shocked.

 


The idea was ridiculous for me. Me? A mother? Ha. The next thing I knew, he was also asking me to pose as his girlfriend just to complete the family image.

 


"And my girlfriend." Oh, shoot. There you go.

 


My head snapped. Asking me to be his son's mother is one thing, but asking me to pretend to be his girlfriend is another thing. Does it usually come as a package? Am I the idiot here who didn't get the whole idea?

 


"No." I said, starting my pace for the door. But he immediately appeared infront of me before I could even took my second step.

 


"Wait, wait, please." He said, I was certain that he wanted to hold my shoulders but just raised it in the air.

 


"Let me get this straight, Jiyong." I started patiently so he would know that I was talking about this seriously. "This is not a matter where we can pretend and forget everything after your father smoothens. This is against my morals and my conscience. It's not pretending, for me it's lying. I'm sorry. I just can't. I can help you, but not this way."

 


He looked crestfallen. "But...he needs you..."Cocking his head to the bed, "And I need you."

 


I exploded at that.

 


"Need me? Wow! You don't need me! Besides, I don't even know you and you don't even know me! Have you already forgotten how we first met? How you ing banged on my wall?" He pushed me to my limit, and here I am, uncontrolled and angry. "Do not expect me to fall because I am not. I'm not going to do this. Find someone else."

 


"Who, Dara? And how can I? I already told my parents you are my girlfriend."

 


"I am not your girlfriend." I said sharply.

 


"Yes. But I do told them that you are this baby's mother, and that means you are my girlfriend."

 


"It's not my problem anymore okay? You should be thankful I saved your this morning. But that's just it."

 


"I'm sorry okay? Okay! I am an idiot! I wasn't thinking! I was trapped! I am desperate! Dara, I need this."

 


"I don't care. You should have thought ahead. Go find another girl. Call up your playmate the other night. I'm sure she'd be very happy to fill in."

 


He barked out a laugh at that. "I cannot believe you are jealous."

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter