Tease

That Girl Next Door
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 17

Tease

 

JIYONG'S POV

 

I pulled my favorite, thin gray tie from my drawer and held it up to see if it matches my black button-down. I walked infront of the full-length mirror and looked at my reflection. It didn't look right. No tie, I decided. I threw it on the bed, leaving it for my new helper and Ji Woo's babysitter to deal with later. 

 

It's Monday and my first day in going back to work after a two-week off. I managed to meet the building security guard's wife last Saturday and discussed some of the terms of her employment. It was an easy conversation. Luckily, apart from taking care of Ji Woo, she will also do some of the household chores including tidying up the apartment. Nana Lisa seemed nice and appeared skillful at what she does. Her family was just living around the block, so she told me she wouldn't mind if I sometimes go home late. Earlier, she knocked at exactly 5:30 AM on my door and I figured it might be an everyday thing from now on. I thought of giving her a duplicate of my keys but soon brushed it off. A few weeks of getting to know her wouldn't hurt.

 

I paused as I was nearing the door, remembering Ji Woo. I had been taking care of him...to the best of my ability for the past weeks. Not that it was easy. Before, I had no idea how much attention a baby really needed. It felt strange though to leave him behind, but there are other important things to deal with and that's the family's business.

 

I walked to Ji Woo's crib in the living room and saw that he was still sleeping. Nana Lisa was in the kitchen washing Ji Woo's stuffs. Thankfully, I didn't have to explain all the details on how to prepare Ji Woo's milk, how to change his nappy and all that. I'm sure she knows more about those things than me. I kissed Ji Woo on the forehead before leaving for work.

 

Later that morning, I hardly sat at my desk because of the meetings I had to attend mostly to update me on the things I had missed due to my absence. As I expected, noone in the office has the balls to ask why I've been out for that long because they knew me so well that they should mind their own business. Now that I have someone to take care of Ji Woo, things will now go back to the way they were.

 

I hope.

 

But this wasn't all about Ji Woo anymore.

 

"Dinner." I heard my father's voice at the back of my head sending chills all over my body. It was a bad idea. I should have told my parents the truth about Ji Woo. But no. I took a page from Dara and came up with one of the most ridiculous plan. Ever.

 

My thoughts were cut off when my phone rang. It didn't occur to me that it was already 5PM when I glanced at the clock. Time surely passes by. My first day at work was done just like that.

 

"Hyung?" I said as I recognized the name that registered.

 

"Is there any chance you can get a nanny on Friday?" TOP asked.

 

I looked up. "I just hired a nanny. Why?"

 

"Well, Bom and her friends are inviting us to join them for Chaerin's birthday. She doesn't want to include you just so you know but I insist."

 

Damn that red-haired girl. 

 

She and her friends? Her friends, does it mean Dara will be there also?

 

"Dara will be there." TOP spoke my thoughts out loud. I mentally slapped myself for acting like a fool.

 

"Why are you telling me that?"

 

"I know you from head to balls, Jiyong. Do not play with her. Besides, Bom would kill me if her bestfriend becomes one of your adventures."

 

"That would never happen." I said slowly as I gripped my suit that hung at the back of my chair. TOP ended the call and I was left with thoughts running through my head. I tried to shake those off and walked to my car. I was able to arrive at my apartment just before six. I changed my clothes before getting Ji Woo from Nana Lisa and let her off.

 

"Hi, dude." I said as I tickled his tummy. Although he still doesn't know how to laugh, he would just smile that looks kinda weird and cute at the same time. I tickled him continuously until he smiled, dropping the pacifier from his mouth. It was a refreshing picture to look at. He is not going anywhere, neither I am. Whether I liked it or not, I have a son and it was not so bad. 

 

In fact sometimes, it was ing great.

 

 

DARA'S POV

 

"Oh, wait!" I exclaimed as I tried to catch the closing doors of the elevator, but found myself unceremoniously yanked back when I tried to pass through them.

 

"You'll hurt yourself."

 

My head snapped up to see Donghae behind me. With a smile, he let go of the back of my blouse from his grip. He looked impeccable as usual, wearing a blue tie and a white shirt.

 

"Thanks." I said as I fixed the yellow sleeveless blouse I'm wearing. "How was your trip?"

 

"It was busy, but productive I think. Good to be back home."

 

When

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter