Shopping

That Girl Next Door
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 11

Shopping

 

DARA'S POV

 

Let's face it, the best way to spend Saturday when it’s raining outside is to be cuddled under warm sheets.

 

After a week in the office, I managed to familiarize myself with all the processes and had started working on articles that were assigned to me for our next issue of Sparks Teen. Donghae is in an out of the country business meeting for days already and is expected to return on Monday.

 

With that thought, I started to slide shut my eyelids and drift off to sleep. I woke up at 5am, read some book and now sleep is visiting me again. The feeling was slowly washing over me when suddenly, I heard my doorbell rang.

 

I rolled over and forced myself to get off of my bed. Landing on my feet, I momentarily wondered if I should even put my bra on. I was just wearing a loose shirt paired with a polka dotted shorts because caring about my appearance when at home was the last thing on my list. I am living alone anyways. But after I agreed to my neighbor’s request, everything went upside down.

 

I wore my bra of course. Who else would barged on my door in this perfect weather and it’s no other than that Kwon Jiyong. It was surprisingly quiet these past few days, and it was just yesterday, when I happened to met Jiyong in the elevator that Ji Woo was currently being babysat by his parent’s helper since he has some work to finish, and his parents were still outside the country. Well, whatever “work” was that, I have no care.

 

“What. The. Hell. Jiyong,” keeping my patience with me after opening the door for him.

 

“Well, goodmorning too, my dear Dara.” He said, walking past me and made himself comfortable on the couch.

 

I glared at him. “What do you want?”

 

He rolled his eyes at me. “Geez Dara, do you even know how to smile?”

 

I let out a long sigh, “Fine, so let’s talk.”

 

He raised an eyebrow at me. "About?"

 

It was my turn to roll my eyes. Couldn't he do anything for himself? He couldn't even come up with a conversation topic? Honestly!

 

"I don't know…hobbies, or food. What sorts of food do you like?"

 

"Food, Dara?" He laughed, not even trying to control them.

 

"Oh, do you have a better topic?” I fumed. "This is frustrating. Can you just tell me what you want?”

 

“Uhmmmm…” He started hesitantly. “Remember when I called you and your scary friends snatched the phone from you?”

 

I frowned. “Yeah, and my friends aren’t scary, you know. You’re just a coward.” I smirked when I saw him huffed, Ha served you right Kwon. “So what about it?” I continued.

 

“Uhmmm…you know…uhmmm… I, uhmmm, I want you to go with me to do the baby shopping.”

 

I looked at him amused, Kwon’s regretful look after he said those brought me to laughter. He wiped his head with his right hand, avoiding my eyes. I took a deep breath to calm myself, and then I replied shortly, “Okay.”

 

He immediately stood up, skidding through the door. He stopped and turned to face me, “I’ll meet you outside in 30 minutes.” Then he disappeared.

 

I creased my forehead. This is going to be a long day.

 

 

JIYONG’S POV


I mentally slapped myself for being a shy baby in front of Dara. When I saw her morning face after she opened her door, bare face and messy hair, I was momentarily short of breath but composed myself immediately. I tried to piss her off to avoid myself looking at her milky white legs, but I lost. I think I need a drink tonight.

 

“I really don’t understand why I have to do this.” I said irritably as Dara and I walked side by side in the parking lot. "I'd much rather…"

 

“I just want to remind you Mr. Kwon that you are the one who asked me to go with you. In fact, this baby shopping is too late already. It’s been a week since Ji Woo’s with you.”

 

I rolled my eyes. “Aren’t you excited to buy baby stuff?” Dara asked in an enchanted voice.

 

“Yes, I am.” I replied in sarcasm.

 

She elbowed my sides and hopped ahead of me, I moved my feet a little faster to keep up with her speed. Dara found this baby shopping interesting, I’m certain of that.

 

When we arrived at the baby section, Dara snatched the baby shopping list from me and happily scanned through it. “Now, what do we have here?”

 

I went to get a cart as we forgot to grab one on the way in. I stood awkwardly behind Dara as she started going through the racks.

 

"Ooh...Look at this." She held out a light blue over-all embroidered with a cute little bear in the middle.

 

I titled my head to the side. "I'm no expert when it comes to babies, but don't you think that's a bit too big?"


She let out a horrified gasp. Of course it was! The thing she was holding was for a 4-6 months baby, according to the tag. She shivered. "It's for the future!"

 

"T

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter