Doorbell

That Girl Next Door
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 4

Doorbell

 

DARA'S POV

 

I let my body slumped on the chair at my new cubicle, letting my thoughts wander aimlessly. I'm not gonna lie to myself that those freaking thoughts were directed towards one thing, or rather, one person in particular: My boss, Lee Donghae.

 

I almost kissed him, .

 

I almost kissed my boss, for Christ's sake!

 

Blood immediately rushed to my cheeks when I recalled what had happened, from causing him to fall on top of me, to nearly attacking him, oh gee I will not be surprised if he would think of me as a ert, a clumsy ert who seduced her boss. I don't even think I can look at him for a year.

 

He's my boss. Lee Donghae IS my boss and I will be working directly with him. The thought of it made my heart skipped a beat. It bring tingles to every nerve of my body. I am ecstatic, I am mortified...wait I am crazy as hell. I think he's the most attractive man I've ever met...hmmm okay, I'm being biased here, a particle-size less attractive than the manwhore next door. But we're giving points to "manners" right? I mean "good manners", and Donghae got a perfect in it.

 

Donghae.


Just the thought of his name made me red.

 

I cursed when I remembered how I looked infront of him. Well, I'm sure he thought of me as the biggest dork to ever grace his presence. And I'm also sure that the electrically charged moment we've experienced was all in my head. I still can't believe I almost kissed him! Thank goodness that guy came onto the intercom before I made a total fool of myself. I mused, absent-mindedly flipping the pencil on my fingers.

 

"Miss Park," a female voice interrupted my thoughts. "Mr. Lee would like to have a word with you." I lifted my head up to see a petite long-legged blonde girl standing infront of my desk.

 

Note to self, never daydream at work.

 

"Ah, oh, yes. Alright, thank you Miss..." I paused, waiting for her to supply her name.

 

"Jung. Call me Jessica, though." She said then flashed me a not-so-genuine-more-like-fake smile.

 

I smiled at her genuinely in return before standing and made my way to Dong...I mean Mr. Lee's office. It's Mr. Lee, Mr. Lee, Mr. Lee, Dara and not Donghae! He's your boss and not someone you closely know, keep that in your.dirty.mind.

 

Shoot. Am I under a disciplinary action for lusting over my boss on my first day of work? Am I getting fired already? Am I suspended? I wondered, unconsciously straightening my skirt and running my hands over my hair. I found my breath starting to come a little faster as I approached the closed door to Mr. Lee's office. Giving my head a mental shake, I softly knocked on the door.

 

"Come in," came the familiar soft voice from the other side. I hesitantly opened the door, stepped in and shut it behind me.

 

I stopped and let my eyes roam around. The room was huge, windows lined one side, giving you a pleasant view of the city. A long, black leather sofa sat adjacent to the broad mahogany desk where a familiar form was sitting. Paintings hung on the walls, adding some color to the otherwise monochromatic room.

 

I looked at the desk and saw Mr. Lee bending over some papers. At the sound of the door closing, he looked up. A friendly smile crossed his face.

 

"Sit down, Miss Park," he said, gesturing the chair infront of his desk. I immediately complied, crossing my legs as I did so. It must have been my imagination again that his gaze trailed down my leg before snapping his attention back up to my face.

 

"How's your cubicle? Do you like it so far? Do you still need anything?" His eyes stared intensely.

 

"No, I like it, everything's perfect. And please, call me Dara." I replied, hoping my cheeks won't get red under his scrutinizing look.

 

"Good. I'm so glad to hear it. I also told you earlier that you would be working with me. It means we'll be, at times, working...I mean closely together. Are you comfortable with that?"

 

"Yes." I answered timidly, hating my heart for speeding so fast. Who wouldn't want to work closely with you? "I want to do my best for you...I mean and for this company." I added hastily, feeling my face starting to burn. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

 

I saw something flashed in his eyes. He stood up abruptly, and walked to the window facing away from me. He looked tensed.

 

I panicked internally. Maybe I'd offended him with my last comment. I should really learn how to keep this freaking mouth shut. Silenced enveloped u

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter