Baby

That Girl Next Door
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 6

Crying Baby

 

JIYONG'S POV

 

Ding-dong.

 

I lazily opened my eyes because of the non-stop annoying sound of the doorbell. I forcefully lifted up my body from the bed I was lying onto. 

 

The sound of the doorbell came to a stop as soon as I grabbed the knob. I hastily opened the door, and was pissed even more when a cold wind welcomed me. I peeked outside and turned my head to the right, trying to check for some sign and then to the left. After ensuring that the hallway to my apartment building was clear, and there were no signs of an intruder, I grabbed a hold to my door I was about to close it when I heard a loud muffled cry.

 

A loud sweet cry.

 

A loud...


baby cry?

 

I moved my head down to where the sound came from, and there infront of my door was a small brown basket.

 

My eyes widened and I knelt down infront of it. I lifted the pale blue blanket inside and that's when I saw a red faced baby in a blue hat.

 

On top of his stomach was an envelope with "Kwon Jiyong" written infront.

 


I immediately ripped off the envelope and read the letter.

 

Jiyong,

I know I surprised you with this one. I don't know how to tell you, really so I decided to do it this way. This is your son...name him whatever you want. It wasn't planned, we both know it's just for fun, but this happened. Get a paternity test for all I care, he's yours and I'm positive of it. I'm not a mother, I can't be a mother, I'm twenty-three years old and I can't do this. If you don't want him either, give him up. I tried to love the thing that was growing inside me but I failed. When I saw him for the first time, it was like I didn't even give birth to him. I am not ready for this. I knew you would be a good father. Good luck, Jiyong.

Sohee

 

My mind went blank, in shock, kneeling infront of the basket with a baby that was claimed to be mine. For the very first time in my life, I was dumbfounded. 

 

I had no freaking clue what the hell was going on.

 

I have a baby?

 

No. I have a baby, period.

 

I was alone with a baby. My baby, apparently.

 

Sohee. Ahn Sohee. I met her at the newly opened club two years ago, hooked up and that's where all started. We had been seeing each other casually after that. We weren't in love, but I can say we enjoyed our time together. It lasted for a year before she moved to Japan to take over her family's business. That was the last time we had ...the night before her flight to Japan. 

 

I started counting with my fingers. The last was roughly ten months ago. If that would be the case, that means the baby would be around one to two weeks.

 

Possible.

 

But it IS impossible, you see? I was careful. I was always careful. This dude couldn't be mine.

 

My thoughts were drifted back to reality when I heard footsteps coming...louder and louder.

 

Suddenly, I lifted my head up and I swear my eyes were threatening to bulge out of their sockets as realization hit me.

 

My parents.

 

Mom and Dad.

 

They're here. My sweet mom and my perfect dad.

 

.

 

"Son." My mom greeted as soon as she was just several inches from me. She's wearing a light blue long sleeved dress and a pair of three-inches blue heels. Her shoulder length caramel colored hair were neatly tied down. She's in her late forties who's four years younger than my dad. She finished Special Education and then immediately married after graduation and put up her own pre-school for special kids, then gave birth to TOP a year after. Though mom had been busy with her starting business, she never forgot to took care of us. She's always present in our school activites, teach us every night with all our assignments, and read us stories until we fell asleep.

 

"M-mom." I stuttered as I tried to sound normal, but unfortunately failed.

 

She smiled, and standing to her left, directly across from me, was my father. Unlike my mom, TOP and I grew up with our dad always in business trips. It was the sacrifice that made him one of the richest man in the country. It was his fate the moment he was born, considering the fact that he's an only child of our grandparents. When my granddad died when I was only six years old, dad became more invisible that we only see him once or twice a month. And when he's at home, he always asked our mom about how TOP and I were doing in school, sometimes he will bring us to his office, to some of his meetings and introduce us to his business partners. Years passed and I realized why, we'd been prepped to run the business since we were kids, and not doing so now would not only disappoint my entire family, but myself as well. And so that happened, immediately after our graduation, dad gave TOP our IT business, while I had our advertising company. I looked at him, and then I saw where his attention was at.

 

Holy .

 

"Who is this kid?" He asked in a stern voice.

 

I heard my mom gasped, eyes glistened and ran infront of the basket.

 

"Oh, God Jiyong. Why didn't you tell us?"

 

But before I could answer, my Dad spoke.

 

"Where's the mother?"

 

My face turned horror shock. I couldn't tell him this baby is mine. I couldn't tell him he was left to me by his mother. I couldn't tell him those things because I'm sure he will kick me out. My Dad is a perfect person. He expected us to do everything right. Everyone knew how perfect his name is...our name is. Noone messes that...even me...his own son.

 

I'm screwed...perfectly.

 

"I...ugh..."

 

I was cut off when I heard a faint cough behind me.

 

"Excuse me." Said the sweet voice. God does love me! I was doing an internal high five while trying my best to retain my composure. This person saved me for a minute!

 

"Her." I said, pointing to my left side. I didn't know where the that came from, but I felt relieved when I heard a loud sigh coming from my dad. A sigh of relief. I knew he bought that one.

 

Yes.

 

I turned to my left and was welcomed by a pair of creasing eyebrows.

 

My jaw dropped when I realized who it was.

 

That.

 

That girl next door.

 

That girl who was invading my thoughts since last night...that girl who punched my balls...my balls that are still aching until now.

 

I sighed. I cannot undo this anymore. My parents were still here and I had no other choice.

 

I stood up and walked to her side. I s my arm around her waist and pulled her closer which earned a gasp from her. She was petite but the curve was still there. Our eyes locked and I saw her creasing forehead which immediately turned to a glare. She tried to free herself but I tightened my hold.

 <

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter