Diaper

That Girl Next Door
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 7

Diaper

 

JIYONG'S POV

 

Ding-dong.



I immediately went to the door as soon as I heard the bell rang, carrying the baby with me. When I opened the door, two pair of eyes went to the bundle in my arms.

 


" my life." I said, when I felt that they were waiting for me to speak first.

 


"Can I, oppa?" Minji finally said, holding her hands out for the baby once they were inside the apartment.

 


I carefully passed the baby to her, letting Minji do all the moves. Her crying stopped the moment he was finally in her arms, he must've like Minji, or he must've like girls in general. little boy, already knows girls. He must've really come from me.

 


Youngbae looked at me, wide-eyed, and somewhat horrified. "What happened? Tell us everything and don't let a single out." He said, his eyes piercing on me, sitting down on the couch as Minji went through the basket. 

 


"It's Sohee, she just left him."

 


Youngbae's face horrored, "You really ed up, man. I told you, she tried to seduce me but I know she's your playmate so I didn't gave a . She's a ."

 


"I know, man. I know. , , !" I said as I numbly raked my hair. Feeling desperate.

 


"Oppa, is that possible?" Minji asked.

 


"Only if he was born one to two weeks if I compute it right. If she had gotten pregnant from the last time we had before she flew to Japan and had a normal pregnancy...yes it's ing possible." I said.

 


"It may be possible, but do you think it's yours? You know Sohee and her ."

 


I shrugged, "How am I supposed to know that?"

 


"No doubt oppa, this cute little boy has your eyes, your nose, the shape of your face...oh God, he really looks like you!" Minji exclaimed. Youngbae walked to his sister and drew his face closer to her arms.

 


He shook his head, "If you're thinking of having a DNA test, you're gonna waste your money here Ji, this dude is your mini version."

 


Minji managed to make a milk, and put it in the baby's mouth. Sipping like a hungry puppy which in less than a minute, was empty. He didn't even make a sound as Minji rocked him gently and whisper something to his ears that I didn't even comprehend. Hell, earlier I felt like I was about to break him when I touched him. What the hell? Did baby whispering also included in their subject when she studied nursing?

 


"Does your parents already know about this?" Youngbae asked, bringing my mind back to reality.

 


I paused, recalling everything that had happened just an hour ago. "Yes, and you know my dad, Bae. He'll surely kick me out if he knows that I had this dude by just ing around, add up the idea that his mom left him to me." I sighed.

 


"He already knew?" Youngbae asked wide-eyed.

 


"Yes." I repeated.

 


"But he hadn't kicked you out?"

 


"No." I answered innocently.

 


"You're ting me here, man. I'm certain you're leaving a very important story behind."

 


I let my eyes fell in despair, trying to delete a paragraph in the story was no use with my bestfriend. "It's an accident okay?" 

 


"What do you mean by accident?"

 


"It's her fault, she passed by the wrong time."

 


"What?" He asked in confusion.

 


"She even liked the idea of us being parents because she didn't argue." I continued. "I saw her blush when..."

 


"Wait, wait, wait, stop!" Youngbae shouted, holding his hands up in surrender. "I really don't understand you here, okay? I don't know what this accident was and I don't know this she you're talking about! Can you please slow down so I can really understand you?"

 


I blew a huge amount of air from my mouth. Dara is another problem here. The fact that I told my parents that she's the baby's mom, and the fact that my parents were relieved with that idea made me trapped. Any time from now, my dad would call me...and Dara, to discuss the...holy , would you call this a family? Wait, no...definitely a no because Dara is not the real mother right? But if my dad will find out about Sohee leaving the baby, and me lying about Dara...

 


...HE.WILL.SURELY.KICK.MY..OUT.

 


my life. Three times.

 


"I accidentally told him that Dara was the mother." I finally said.

 


"And who's Dara?" Youngbae asked.

 


"Remember my neighbor I told you about last night?"

 


I saw Youngbae's jaw dropped, and last thing I knew was that he was on the floor, laughing his asses out.

 


"Are you serious?! Daebak!" He asked in between laugh.

 


I turned to glare at him, mentally shutting his mouth off so I can stop the annoying sound of his laugh. I decided to told him everything, from the basket I found, to how my parents paid me a surprise visit, to my dad's expression when he asked about the baby's mother, to Dara's sudden appearance, to me saying she was the mother, to the future meeting with them, and to how I am completely lost with what am I going to do with the baby. I am confused. I am clueless.

 


"I think you need to ask this girl to be your girlfriend until you finally manage to gather your courage to say the truth to your parents." Youngbae said in a serious tone, sitting next to his sister who's holding the little dude, still rocking.

 


"Why would I do that? Are you crazy?"

 


"No. But you are. You were crazy the moment you said to them that she's this baby's mother," He said, cocking his head to the baby's direction, "You lied already, might as well do it all the way."

 


I looked at him questioningly, "I don't know..."

 


"You're not supposed to know either. In fact, it's just for temporary Jiyong. Once you'll know what to do, you can tell everyone the truth. Simple as that. Do you think you can have a great plan now? No. It will take time, and might as well use that time to get your parents' sympathy. After all, they're still this baby's grandparents, and grandparents usually love their grandchildren more than their children. Till then, they wouldn't mind having this baby without his mom." He explained in a tone that as if it was the greatest idea ever.

 


I stopped for a minute, contemplating on what he said. He obviously has a point there. My dad is a puppy when it comes to children. Mom said dad would usually conduct our company's CSR activities in different orphanages during the time when they were still dating. She said it was one of the things she loved about my dad, his love for children. Though he might appear as a t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter