Function

That Girl Next Door
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 14

Function

 

JIYONG's POV

 

It's Ji Woo's first check-up today. Minji called me yesterday asking if I could bring him to the hospital where she worked at for a new-born screening. She said it might be a little late already but atleast he had it. And I must say, this boy was indeed loud. He threw a big fit as I got him ready. Another thing we have in common. Because during that time, I really wanted to throw a fit on my own.

 

"Hey, dude. Stay asleep during the ride okay?" I said as I lay him down on the car seat.

 

Little by little, I got used to talking to Ji Woo. I could say anything, and he had no choice but to took it all in. He would just lie there and look at me. Sometimes, he would cry. Sometimes, he would yawn. Great.

 

I plan to go back to work on Monday. I've been constantly receiving calls and e-mails from my secretary ever since Ji Woo arrived. She said there were things that needed my decision and a lot of projects were left hanging because of my absence. Fortunately, Dara and I stumbled upon one of the building's security guard when we went to the penthouse for Ji Woo's sunlight yesterday morning. It was Dara's idea off course, she said she read from a blog that sunlight is healthy for babies. Dara made a conversation with him until we found out that he was on his way to the admin office to submit his wife's resume who will be applying as a cleaner. She asked if his wife knows how to babysit, and he answered that it was actually her job before the family of the child migrated to US. She then asked if he wants his wife to work as a nanny. He was delighted and we agreed to meet on Saturday to discuss the details of the work.

 

Minji was already waiting for us at the lobby when we arrived. She directed us to the pedia room and left as soon as we settled. The doctor gave Ji Woo five shots which resulted to more screaming and crying. I kinda felt bad for him and I thought there was a part in me where it seems that the pain were also in me.

 

Relief rushed over me when the doctor declared that he was perfectly healthy, but I should still watch out if ever there will be side effects. We got home immediately after, fed, and bathed him. And believe it or not, he liked that. He would go limp and into this weird relaxed state with his lips forming an "o".

 

I was so exhausted. I easily got tired these days, maybe because I haven't been to the gym to workout for quite awhile. The only workout I had benefits my biceps solely due to the constant carrying of Ji Woo. That dude seriously got loads of milk in his body.

 

Ji Woo was almost five weeks already. And after almost two weeks of being with him, I had fallen into a routine of some sorts. I was slowly getting used to some things like: preparing formula milk, feeding, and bathing him...

 

But the lack of sleep was definitely not okay.

 

This dude might have a vampire blood running through his veins as he usually sleep in the morning, and awake at night. He would sometimes fell asleep in the evening for awhile but he would woke up because he had to be changed, or because he was hungry.

 

Days gone by and Friday came. Dara had classes every Tuesday and Thursday night so she wasn't able to visit Ji Woo on those days. She dropped by for a minute last night, and that's to give him a goodnight kiss. She would surely spend more time with Ji Woo tonight since she doesn't have a class. I grabbed my phone and fumbled though my contacts. I laughed internally when I saw her name saved as Dara aka Pretty Girl Next Door. She said I should call her just in case something happens.

 

I contemplated for a few minutes before finally hitting dial.

 

"Hello." Dara said as soon as she picked up. It was a bit noisy so I asked, "What are you doing?"

 

"Getting ready....owwww..." I heard someone spoke that I'm certain wasn't Dara, but I didn't comprehend.

 

"Hello...Dara?"

 

There were shuffling sounds heard, and then my biggest nightmare begins. "Kwon Jiyong."

 

It was Park Bom.

 

. The encounter with her last time came back to me. Hearing her voice right now brought chills all over my body. Definitely not in a erted way.

 

"What do you want?" She continued. She was still about to speak when I heard muffle sounds again and finally, it was Dara's voice that came out.

 

"Sorry for that. You know, being a protective friend."

 

I got annoyed by the fact that Bom was still mad at me. TOP said she will loosen in a matter of time but I didn't see that coming. She had sworn to scare the hell out of me ever since we met. My thoughts were shook off when Dara spoke again. "Why did you call, Jiyong?"

 

Feeling lost of words at that moment, I repeated. "What are you doing?"

 

"Getting ready."

 

"For?"

 

She paused for a moment, but when she spoke again, I could detect a hint of smile in her voice. "A function."

 

Function?

 

"Dara has a date, actually." Bom called out in the background.

 

Oh.

 

"That's not a date!" Dara said

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter