Elevator

That Girl Next Door
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 3

Elevator

 

DARA'S POV

 

The constant knocking went off after I heard one loud bang on my door. He must have lost his patience after all. Well, that would teach him though. I never thought that a guy like him still stood on earth. Mean. Arrogant. Jerk. 

 

I took a deep breath, trying to control my anger from bursting. I was perplexed. My head snapped when I heard my phone beeped. I got my purse from my room and found out that I had a couple of messages. One from my mom, asking if I had a good night sleep, and another from the person I expected.

 

DARAAAAAAAA! OH MY GOD. I HEARD YOU'RE IN SEOUL. GET YOUR INFRONT OF ME AND CATCH UP! xoxo

 

It was Park Bom. The one and only Bom. She had been my childhood best friend back when we were in Busan. We knew each other inside and out. We were inseparable. People thought that we were sisters because we were always together and the fact that we were sharing the same surname. We were side by side until high school graduation because she got accepted in Seoul University as a Fashion Design major and I had to move to the States for college. We did contact for awhile but suddenly got cut because we had been busy with school and other stuff. I did make friends in the states but none of them were like Bom. Bom was one of a kind. I smiled to myself and immediately hit the reply button.

 

Bommie-ah! Kkk~~ Yep. You heard the rumors right. Back in Korea. For good. Well, I have a meeting this morning. Is afternoon fine with you? xP

 

Seconds after, I got an immediate reply. I went to the kitchen and pour myself a glass of water, bringing it with me to the living room. I took a sip and placed it on the center table before replying.

 

Perfect! Where am I meeting you, ?

 

I laughed to myself. I liked how she truly never changed. She was still the foul-mouthed, carefree, friend that I knew back then. I remember during high school how people in school would label us as the 'Mean Sisters', well Bom really was, but since I was friends with her and practically always together, I absorbed the title and got used to it. Bom might be an but hell, everyone in high school were either reeking a smell of desperate wannabe or a complete .

 

I clicked reply and began typing, I'll text you the place when I'm done with the meeting. See you! ~~

 

I drank the remaining water in the glass and walked to the kitchen to place it on the sink. I stretched my arms up high and let out a heavy sigh thereafter. My mind suddenly drifted to the man next door...he must have hurt himself while pounding the door. I imagined his pissed red hot chili face, the mere thought of it made me chuckle. 

 

I lightly pat my cheeks, why am I even thinking of him? Today will be a great day because I'll be having my interview, I should focus on that and set aside the negative and annoying thoughts of that arrogant man- next door. Plus, I'll be meeting my bestfriend Bom! I clapped thrice because of excitement.

 

After giving my make-up a retouch and putting a pink lipstick, I stood infront of the mirror and smiled with my reflection. I left the first two buttons of my blouse ed. I am not a fan of high heels but for interviews where my future depends on, it's a must-have!

 

Grabbing my black bag on my bed, I took one last look in the mirror and shouted to myself, "Fighting!" before closing the door to my room. I was holding the knob of my door to my apartment when the man- next door flashed my mind.

 

Good things must come...good things must come... I murmured to myself. Another encounter with him is the last thing I'm looking forward to...or not.

 

I peeked my head outside while my hands still holding the knob, and looked to the right...and to the left. I thanked the heaven and all the angels above when I realized that the hallway was clear.

 

Clear and no signs of him.

 

I went outside and closed the door, making sure it was safely locked. Who knows that guy is not just an arrogant man- but also a member of a big mob who rent apartments and pretend to be a jerk, annoying their neighbors to hell so they wouldn't suspect him at the least, and when you're not around, they'll break your door and take all your appliances. No one would suspect him because he's a good-looking guy. Hmmmmm...I'm not making any sense here, right? 

 

But still, better be sure than be sorry.

 

I turned my attention back to the knob, trying to open it with some force, and when I made sure that it was secured, I fixed my skirt and let out a heavy sigh.

 

"What are you doing there?"

 

A loud, shrieking scream of terror ripped from my lips. I was so shocked that I never imagined until now that it could reach that number of decibels. Thank God my apartment wasn't near a cemetary because I guarantee you that bones would've been arising since that scream was most certainly loud enough to wake the dead. I dropped the bag I was holding to grab my chest in complete horrifying terror.

 

I turned around to face the culprit and just as I had expected, it was him. I leaned my back against the door, inhaling sharply, trying to get my heart under control. The had just scared me. Was ruining my first night and first morning not enough?

 

"Are you okay?" He asked while trying to muffle a laugh.

 

"Do I look okay to you?" I asked, still catching my breath. "You scared the ever living out of me." I paused for a minute to pant some more. "You just shaved ten years off of my life. Golden years, too. Not ty years stuck in a retirem

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter