Request

That Girl Next Door
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 12

Request

 

JIYONG'S POV

 

It was almost seven in the evening when Dara and I arrived at Youngbae's house to pick-up Ji Woo from Minji who agreed to take care of him for the day. They approached us immediately as soon as we enter, with Ji Woo lying on Minji's arms.

 

"Dara, this is Youngbae and his sister Minji," I said, just before Youngbae could utter and spit some non-sense.

 

"Nice to meet you, Youngbae," Dara said, shaking his hands. Youngbae took a mischievous look at me. I shot him a deathly glare to warn him off.

 

Dara leaned forward to Minji and kissed her on the cheek. "Hi Minji, thanks for looking over Ji Woo," saying it in what I assumed a motherly tone. She then shuffled her hands and offered to take Ji Woo in her arms. 

 

"Don't you want to have drinks before you go?" Youngbae offered.

 

"That's a good idea, Oppa. But it's late already. Too much cold isn't good for Ji Woo," Minji said while cooing Ji Woo who was now in Dara's arms.

 

Dara nodded, "Minji's right, Ji Woo might get colds from the weather. Thanks for the offer though, we'll definitely claim that drinks some other time," she said as she smiled to Youngbae.

 

He chuckled at Dara's remark. "I'll give you whatever drinks you want."

 

"Really? That's a deal then." She grinned.

 

I suddenly felt an unnecessary pang of something somewhere in my chest. I shook that off and bid goodbye to Youngbae and Minji.

 

 

 

 

"Will you manage to take care of him tonight?" Dara asked when we finally arrived at our apartment. I put down all the things we shopped in the bedroom, and then walked back to Dara who was in the living room with the sleeping Ji Woo still in her arms.

 

"Hundred percent." I said, getting Ji Woo from her. I took all the carefulness I had not to brush off my hands to her chest. ,this is harder than I thought.

 

"If you need anything...uhmm you know, I'm just on the other side."

 

"Copy." I said.

 

It was awkward for a moment and then she said, "I'll see you then."

 

"Right." I agreed.

 

She nodded and turned her back, walking towards the door.

 

Feeling stupid and inadequate, I composed myself quickly. "Dara!" I called out. She stopped and faced me, her right hand already on the doorknob. "Thanks...for ughh...thanks for today," I said as if it's a one word instead of a sentence.

 

She grinned, "Bye, Jiyong."

 

 

"What will I do?" I whispered as I buried my face in my hands. After almost a week, I have to figure out what will be my next step. Right now, I am still ing clueless.

 

"Man up and be a father." Daesung said. The four of them decided to throw me a stupid baby shower on a Sunday. It was Seungri's ridiculous idea and everyone agreed on it. We were in my apartment's living room while little Ji Woo was in the bedroom. Guess what? Still sleeping.

 

"We're willing to help you in whatever way we can, we can even babysit at times. But HE is your son, bro. You have to take care of him." Youngbae said.

 

"He's your priority now." TOP added.

 

I shook my head frantically. "I can't ing do this."

 

"You have to be responsible." Daesung chimed in.

 

"I'm not responsible! You see, I don't want to be responsible! I anything that's hot and comes my way in a bar."

 

"Not anymore." Seungri mocked. He leaned back and started laughing. "I always knew your would get you in trouble. I just never expected you to screw up this bad. Hyung, ever heard of ?"

 

TOP held the throw pillow in his hands and smacked it right on Seungri's face. "He's obviously aware he messed up. Way to rub it in, you ."

 

Seungri was being himself again, "Let me have another one, okay? And then promise I'll stop."

 

I have no energy to mock him in return so I just waved my hand, telling him to go on.

 

"I just wanna know, what did you do when you changed your first ty diaper?"

 

"I almost threw up because it got on my hands, happy?"

 

Everyone laughed.

 

"Yes, okay. Now, sorry hyung."

 

"Good." I said, glaring.

 

The laughter subsides and then Youngbae spoke in a concerned tone, "How are you feeling about all this?"

 

I sighed, "Exhausted, pissed at myself, and exhausted."

 

"You've been out of work for days already, what are you going to do with him when you're working?" TOP asked.

 

"Find a nanny, I guess. I don't have many options."

 

"How about Dara?" Youngbae asked again.

 

Yes, Jiyong. How about Dara?

 

"She doesn't have anything to do with this." Which is true. Because she doesn't have any responsibility towards Ji Woo. Her, being the mother is all for show. I should be happy with that. "I have to talk to her before Mom and Dad arrive." Which is also true, I am certain we will be called by my parents once they arrive and discuss anything th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter