Thoughts

That Girl Next Door
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 15

Thoughts

 

DARA'S POV

 

"You know him?"

 

My mouth gaped open at Donghae's question. It wasn't my intention to say Youngbae's name out loud but I guess I really couldn't keep things to myself.

 

"Ye...I mean no..." Ugh! I always turned into an uncomfortable bumbling idiot when I'm on a tight situation. I just couldn't help it! And I'm telling you, this was a tight and difficult situation!

 

My company shouldn't know that I am in a mother pretender set-up. It was just for temporary until Jiyong would finally have the balls to tell his parents the truth about Ji Woo. The more people knew about it might complicate the situation. In a matter of time, everything will go back to normal.

 

"Uhmm..." I continued. "I think I saw him in a magazine." I eyed Youngbae cautiously when I saw his eyes furrowed. I felt the urged to throw my hands to cover his mouth but controlled myself because Donghae was looking suspiciously at me.

 

I breathed a sigh of relief when Donghae finally spoke. "Is that so?" He turned to Youngbae with a smile, "Good to see you too, Youngbae. Dara, this is Dong Youngbae. He's the Vice President of YB Industries, one of our main clients. Youngbae, I'd like you to meet Sandara Park. She's the new addition to my team."

 

Youngbae offered his hand for a shake. I took it nervously that I didn't realize I was already gripping it a little too tight.

 

"It's my pleasure to meet you, Sandara." He said with a slight grimace.

 

Youngbae was totally enjoying this! I wanted to brush that off his face. Feeling distressed, I took a sharp breath before releasing his hands. I really hate him right now! Why of all places did we have to bump here? I have to warn him before he even have the chance to open his mouth. He might look reserved, but looks can be deceiving. I don't trust him enough! The daggers and evil look that I was throwing him seemed ineffective.

 

I need to corner him!

 

Oh, no. But how?

 

Crickets.

 

Crickets.

 

Crickets.

 

The atmosphere was really uncomfortable.

 

Then a soft music started to play around. I saw people standing in pairs as men offered their hands to the women they want to have a dance with.

 

My eyes lit up and cursed internally. Damn, this might be a little embarrassing but this was the only opportunity I'm seeing to corner Youngbae.

 

I gathered all my guts before saying, "That's my favorite song!"

 

Dara, you idiot. I tried not to sound over-reacting, but obviously failed.

 

"Youngbae, let's have a dance!" I wanted to punch myself after that. I refused to look at them and just fixed my eyes to the ground. Now, these two men infront of me might think I am a complete idiot.

 

Well, I am a complete idiot

 

"Perfect, I was about to ask you anyway." I heard Youngbae said. And the next thing I knew, we were already on the dance floor.

 

"I never knew you had that side in you." Youngbae chuckled, referring to my awkward invitation to dance.

 

"And I never knew you were a jerk, too. No doubt you and Jiyong are friends." I tried to glare at his laughing form, but a grin was also forming on my face. "Did I embarrass myself infront of Donghae?"

 

Youngbae raised his eyebrow. "Woah, Dara's crushing on her bo..."

 

"Oh, ...stop that!" I hissed, giving him a smack on the arm.

 

He laughed a little louder this time, adjusting his arms around me in that traditional dance pose. I admit, I am not the best dancer but it wasn't a problem because Youngbae obviously could dance and he was the one moving us to music.

 

There was silence for a moment before he spoke again. "So how are you being an instant mother?" I smacked him again in the arm, a little harder this time. " Ow, sorry." He said.

 

I huffed. "Ji Woo is so sweet, as you know. I couldn't help but to adore him. He might be a little loud, but once he looks at you in the eye, you're going to be helpless. That kid will surely make a lot of girls cry."

 

"Like his father." He nodded.

 

My lips formed into a tight line. Of course, Jiyong. I remembered my first week in my new apartment when I had to spend every night listening to him trying to crash his girls' head through my wall with the force of his almighty ! I laughed internally. Who would expect two neighbors who had sworn to be enemies would ended up being in a ridiculous situation with a baby?

 

My thoughts were cut off when I heard Donghae spoke. I didn't realize that the music had already ended and that Youngbae and I found ourselves face to face again with Donghae.

 

"Mind if I cut in?" He asked, I thought for a moment that he sounded a bit annoyed.

 

Youngbae's eyes narrowed, but graciously stepped back.

 

"I'll see you soon, Dara." He said, giving me a playful wink, then turned to Donghae. "Donghae."

 

"Youngbae." He nodded back.

 

Wait, that's it? What's with the first name calling? I felt a little uneasy with the exchange. Youngbae walked away and I saw myself dancing with Donghae on the dance floor.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter