Jealous

That Girl Next Door
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 21

Jealous

 

DARA'S POV

 

“And what are your views regarding marriage?” Mr.Kwon asked.

 

I almost choked. Swallowing forcefully, I hedged. “Ughh…I’m sure it’s in the future.” I hastily placed the glass of water back on the table. Drinking was dangerous.

 

“How about another child?” It was Mrs.Kwon this time, smiling.

 

I couldn’t stop it this time. I choked on air, “I…I haven’t…”

 

“Mom!” Jiyong exclaimed. He patted my back while I struggled to clear my airways. Damn, that was painful.

 

“In…in the future too…”

 

“Sorry if I surprised you, dear. I mean, we have to think of the future, too. Unless you want my grandchild growing without a legal family.”

 

I blushed hotly when Mrs.Kwon used my words back at me. “Oh, no Mrs.Kwon! It’s not like that!” Then I abruptly straightened, realizing who I was talking to. Not the time for immature behavior.

 

My jaw dropped open. What the hell? How did the conversation even come to this?! I was just trying to do the right thing! I tried to protest, “N…not like that! I…we don’t…”

 

“Can we just talk about it next time?” Jiyong chimed in. “We’re not talking about it yet because our priority now is Ji Woo.” We all glanced at Ji Woo whose eyes were all big, his fists, unaware of the fuss around him.

 

“So, how did you two meet?” Mrs.Kwon continued.

 

Oh, I knew this. I breathed a sigh of relief. Finally! Something I could readily answer.

 

“At a café.”

 

“At a bar.”

 

Crap.

 

I winced. Jiyong and I looked at each other shocked. We were caught red-handed! Crap. Crap. Crap. I kicked his ankles under the table, hopeful that he got my message to just SHUT UP.

 

I made a mistake of looking up. Mr.Kwon’s eyes froze me on the spot. He exuded nothing but power and authority. He was a man to be regarded highly. Spewing all these fibs seemed like a grave insult.

 

“It was a café bar,” I blurted. Words came tumbling out before my mind could comprehend it. “We first met there, the next thing that we knew we were living at the same building.”

 

“Oh, it is like fate!” Mrs.Kwon giggled. “Watching you two together is turning out to be better than a sitcom.”

 

Jiyong choked, trying to hide his laughter. He was clearly enjoying this. I pinched him hardly on his knees.

 

“So how long are you two together?” Mrs.Kwon continued with her eyes full of obvious admiration on us.

 

“One year and…”

 

“Two.” Jiyong and I said at the same time.

 

Double crap.

 

Jiyong nudged my arm secretly clearly getting his message to clarify our unclear answer to the question.

 

“It was actually almost two years, a year and nine months to be exact.” I sighed internally when I saw Mrs.Kwon nodded in acknowledgement. Damn, that was close!

 

The rest of the dinner was spent on casually talking about their trip. I was happy to have the topic off of us. Ji Woo fell asleep after eating and slept until we were getting ready to leave.

 

“I want to see my grandson a lot.” Mrs.Kwon stated while kissing Ji Woo’s head. We were already at the door and I was holding the sleeping Ji Woo.

 

I smiled warmly at the scene.

 

“You can see him all the time.” Jiyong said giving his mother a goodbye hug. “I mean after all, we do need a babysitter.”

 

Jiyong laughed at his joke while Mrs.Kwon got all excited about the idea. I could tell already she was going to be a great grandmother. Ji Woo was going to be spoiled by Mr. and Mrs.Kwon.

 

We were in the middle of the highway road, in his car, when he kept on insisting on opening up the car’s radio but I strongly said no. Ji Woo was sleeping!

 

“You are a good liar, Kwon.” I complimented sarcastically.

 

“I know, you are too, Dara.” He responded.

 

“I wonder what they will do if they knew about…” I told him as I messed up with his dashboard, examining the contents there. Papers, tissue, lots of sunglasses.

 

“My father will kill me.” He answered with a smirk on his face.

 

“Yes, but that dinner unexpectedly went well.” I sighed.

 

The rest of the ride home was quiet with Ji Woo still sleeping in his car seat. When we got to his apartment, we carefully placed Ji Woo in his crib.

 

“Your parents seem very nice.” I said genuinely with a smile on my face. “I mean, you father has scary moments.” I laughed and Jiyong joined me.

 

“That’s nothing new. But, they really seemed to like you. My mom kept telling me how grateful she was for finally giving her a grandson.” Jiyong smiled.

 

Something painful drew on my chest. The dinner went well, sure, but the fact that we lied about our relationship worried me. This was getting out of hand, Jiyong and I should have a talk regarding this one o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter