Truce

That Girl Next Door
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 19

Truce

 

DARA'S POV

 

His dancing was so awkward.


But he moved with confidence and a little bit of excitement.


When he first pulled me up against him, I stiffened, totally put off by the nerve of the guys in this club. They were always trying to cop a feel.


When someone whispered to my ear, “May I have this dance?” I was so surprised. The throaty quality to his voice combined with the music gave me a buzz.


I looked at him from beneath lowered lashes. “I think you’ve already taken it.”


“So this is why you're so eager to left the office earlier.” Donghae muttered as he wrapped his hands around my waist.


“Oh, that's...” My face blushed.


“Relax, Dara. It's Friday anyway.” He flashed a smile that showed off the barely there dimple in his cheek.


When the song ended, he offered to accompany me to where our table was and that's when the disaster happened.


Jiyong and his big mouth!


How dare he mentioned Ji Woo infront of Donghae? I was so close to strangling his neck, but thanks to my friends who made the effort to divert the attention to the dance floor. I didn't have any intention in discussing my involvement to the Kwons because it's just for temporary.


Oh, yeah. The dinner tomorrow. Just thinking about it makes me want to chug all the alcohols inside the bar. I was planning to get drunk so I could have a reason not to go. But whenever I think of Ji Woo...damn, I always felt that I have the responsibility to protect him.


When Donghae asked me for another dance, I instantly agreed. One, because I like to get him far away from Jiyong's mouth. And two, because it's obvious that he's making an effort. He clearly didn't mind the idea of him being my boss because tonight, he's making the effort to make me see beneath it- Donghae.


“I should be getting home now.” I said after the song ended. I looked for my friends and saw that the night was just starting for them. I happen to saw Jiyong still sitting around our table, looking past us. Huh. Where's the manwhore jerk who banged on my wall the first time I slept in my new apartment? Now, that's a complete turn from where he is now, I think Ji Woo did made a positive impact on him.


“I can give you a ride. Besides I was about to go as well.”


“That would be great.” Riding home with him would be a lot better than sitting in the car with my tipsy friends. Good thing Jiyong was there to nurse all of them.


We made our way to where Bom and Chaerin were and bid goodbye to them. TOP was still in control so I made him promise to drop the two safely to their apartment.


Donghae drove a rover. It looked pretty new and was the color of steel. The interior was all black and the dashboard lit up a cool blue color.


We didn’t say anything until he pulled the car in a parking spot outside the building. Suddenly, I got nervous. I didn’t know what he expected right now. I am not a girl who are used to having been in someone else's car. Hell, in a man's car! Should I invite him in? Was he expecting to be invited in?


I couldn’t. Just the thought of it locked up my body with stiffness.


“I’ll walk you to your unit.” He said and climbed out.


I sat there twisting my hands in my lap nervously. Gosh, I didn't know what to do!


I sat there so long he made it around to my side and opened my door like a perfect gentleman. I smiled sheepishly and got out.


“Hey.” He whispered.


“Yeah?”


“I’m just walking you to the door. Nothing else.”


Oh.


He chuckled. “Am I that scary?”


“What? No!” I burst out.


I felt guilty. Donghae was so nice. I didn't want to scare and push him away. He was being so respectful to me this whole night so I would like to return that respect at the least.


“You aren’t at all. I just…” My words faded away as I searched for the right thing to say. "I am not used to this."


Donghae took a step forward until our faces were just inches apart. I could clearly felt his breathing, and in the movies this is where the female protagonist should feel the...I don't know...


The bu-bump, bu-bump?


But where is it? Is it because I'm a little drunk so I can't feel it?


Yeah. That may be the reason. Who on Earth would not want Donghae? He's a successful man after all, and besides he's a very good guy.


"So, Jiyong..."


That woke me up from my reverie.


"Oh, Jiyong..." Suddenly, I was out of words. What about Jiyong? Were we being too obvious earlier that made him feel that something's a little off? Was he being suspicious?


"He's a neighbor, and his baby is so adorable. I can't get enough of him." Just thinking about Ji Woo made me smile.


He smiled in return. His face looked like he wanted to say something but stopped because I saw his mouth opened and then closed. I smiled because it's too cute.


The space betwe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter