Ramen

That Girl Next Door
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 13

Ramen

 

JIYONG'S POV

 

When I heard the doorbell rang, I forced myself up from the bed with Ji Woo lying beside me. I guess it's safe to leave him there with all the pillows around. I dragged myself to the door and took a quick glance at the clock. Eight in the evening.

 

Dara's face welcomed me as I opened the door. I looked at her, she was wearing a brown, knee-length, sleeveless dress with flats. She was holding her bag on the left side and her hair was tied to the side in a ponytail, falling in soft curls.

 

"I came to visit Ji Woo." She said immediately.

 

Right. Of course she came for Ji Woo, and who else for that matter. Her brows suddenly furrowed, "Did you leave him alone in bed?"

 

My mind immediately snapped out of reverie, I opened my mouth to retort but closed it after a moment. When I didn't answer, Dara pushed me aside and rushed to the bedroom. She's starting to feel comfortable, huh? I closed the door and followed her from behind.

 

"You shouldn't leave him alone, Jiyong! Worse in a bed, goodness!" She called out.

 

I stand by the door to the bedroom as she leaned over to the bed. Ji Woo made a gurgle sound as soon as Dara lifted him. She was all smiles to him. "How's the little boy..." She cooed. Ji Woo squealed in response. Dara chuckled and touched his head.

 

Turning her attention to me, she asked, "Have you fed him yet?"

 

I nodded.

 

"When was the last time?"

 

"This afternoon. We just woke up when you arrived."

 

"Holy , Jiyong!" She said in horror. "You have to feed him atleast every 3-4 hours." She walked towards me and handed Ji Woo to me, "Take him."

 

"He doesn't even cry." I reasoned out.

 

"Still!"

 

She went to the bedside table where Ji Woo's stuff were. She hunted down the formula and busied herself with preparing the bottle. When she was finished, she walked towards us. "You can lay him down on the bed." She sat on it and put the formula milk in Ji Woo's mouth as soon as I lay him.

 

Dara smiled to Ji Woo's face and I found myself staring at them. It was refreshing to look at. She will definitely be a great mother someday.

 

What if...

 

I shook the thoughts off. I don't want to drag her deeper into the mess that I have right now. It's enough that she agreed to pretend to be Ji Woo's mother infront of my parents and that should be the limitation to it. She was not obligated in whatever terms to Ji Woo. I should keep it as that.

 

"Why are you here?" I asked.

 

She shrugged. "Being a friendly neighbor again."

 

I grinned as I remember the series of pregnant Dara. She must have sensed it because she gave me a pointed look.

 

"What?"

 

I tried to push back the laughter but eventually failed. "Nothing," I said in between laughters, "Are you practicing your motherly skills to Ji Woo?"

 

She grabbed the pillow and threw it at me. "You're an , you know that?"

 

I laughed harder. 

 

Dara turned her attention back to Ji Woo whose eyes were slowly drooping. And to be honest...it was ing cute. I didn't call things cute, but that kind was. There was no better way to describe it.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter