Operation Jan Di

Push and Pull of Love and Hate

"Why don't you talk to Yi Jeong?" Ji Hoo asked calmly. He was trying to ignore the throbbing of his head as Jun Pyo walked back and forth in front of him and Woo Bin for the past hour.

"Dude, will you please sit down? Why don't we talk about this over coffee? What do you say, huh?" He looked at Ji Hoo to get his approval.

"How can I sit down when I don't even know where Jan Di is!" He yelled and Woo Bin let out an exasperated sigh.

"Would she return if you won't stop pacing?" He asked mockingly.

"I am not asking for your opinion!" Jun Pyo yelled again and winced because of his forceful speech. He's still nursing the bruises caused by Yi Jeong the other night.

"Our people are doing everything they can to look for Jan Di. We'll find her soon." Ji Hoo supplied and picked one of the magazines on top of the coffee table and started reading.

"I'll call Yi Jeong. Maybe Jan Di's home now for all we know." Woo Bin fished his phone out of his jacket's inner pocket and dialed a number. It went directly to voicemail. He just hoped that he's not avoiding them too.

Jun Pyo saw Woo Bin stuffing his phone back to his pocket. He slumped onto one of the comfortable couches inside his lavish bedroom, his head between his knees. Clearly, it's his fault. If he didn't allow Jan Di to have the upper hand in their relationship then Yi Jeong wouldn't have beaten him up. He was in love with his best friend's sister eversince he can remember. He was more than glad that their families are pairing them up but she didn't seem to care. It was not until more than two years ago that he found enough courage to confess.

[flashback]

Jan Di gathered him up from kneeling in front of her. She was smiling widely. "You've got yourself a girlfriend, Gu Jun Pyo." She declared and he thought he's the happiest person on earth. "But can I ask you a little favor?"

"Sure. What is it, Jagi(Honey)?" He asked.

"I want to keep this a secret." She said and his jaw dropped. "For the meantime." She added.

"B-but why?" He wanted to announce to the world that he's dating the woman he loves more than life itself.

"You know my line of work, it's really complicated. But if you don't want it then maybe it's not a good idea that we--"

"No, no! Whatever you say. Please, don't say anything like that again, okay?" He shook her shoulder slightly.

"Thank you!" She tiptoed and kissed him lightly on the lips and all his doubts melted.

[end of flashback]

It went on for a couple of years. They managed to hide it from everyone else. She never ran out of excuses whenever he opens up the topic of going public. He was feeling guilty everytime he's with Yi Jeong. He treats him like his own brother and Chung Ae and Chin Hae treats him like their own son. It was like biting the hand that fed you. But what can he do? He loved Jan Di so much that he can't say no.

Then he thought it was time to settle down, he made every effort to make their date special. Or extra special for that matter. Then he proposed to her. And she hyperventilated. She left him at the middle of the skating rink with the five-carat diamond ring still untouched and that was the last time he saw her.

He knew he was being impulsive when he went confessing to Chung Ae about their relationship but he panicked when he can't contact Jan Di in everyway possible. And she didn't come home after her fashion show in Milan.

"Keep it cool, man." Woo Bin tapped his shoulder when he looked up.

"He will come around." Ji Hoo interjected. "At least we know that he's looking for Jan Di too."

*****************************************************************************

People squealed their delight and started speaking in hushed voices. Ga Eul's brows furrowed. She's not sure why people in the studio weren't immune to celebrities when they practically deal with them everyday. She went straight to the huddle room where two of her underlings were waiting for her. She was appalled that they, too, caught the same 'fever'. She dropped her car keys on the table and the two jumped up in surprise.

"Miss." They chorused and opened the folder in front of them.

"So, what's up?" She asked. "Did Rain drop by?" She can't get enough of the singer-actor and she wouldn't mind screaming like a crazy fan girl if he appears on the studio. Sad thing was, he's connected with another network.

The faces of the two girls lit up and in unison, "No! This one's much better than Rain!" And they giggled.

How could anyone be better than Rain? "No way. Who is it?" She asked in an uncaring tone.

"Song Woo Bin!" The mention of the name was followed by a deafening scream that Ga Eul had to cover her ears.

"Song Woo--" What? What's happening to the world? Why was it suddenly, they are all around her? "Song Woo Bin as Il Shin Corporation?" She asked. What was Woo Bin doing in the studio?

"He's the new tourism ambassador." Eun Su informed her.

"And he's here for a one-on-one interview with Hae Jin-sunbae." Sang Mi's referring to one of the most admired media personalities in South Korea.

Ga Eul nodded in understanding. The Songs were already in real estate business even before Seoul was fully developed. Now, they own most of the tourist attractions in Seoul and nearby provinces. There's no more appropriate person for the job. "Alright. Enough of Woo Bin-sunbae. We have a lot of things to do." She said absently and the two looked at her in disbelief.

"Sunbae?" Eun Su croaked. "You know him?"

Ga Eul bit her lip. How could she be so careless? Now, they wouldn't stop asking about him! "He's a friend of a friend." She dismissed and changed the topic to the new drama that they'll be writing, starring Kwon Sang Woo.

*****************************************************************************

"Ga Eul-yang." The headwriter was towering over her cubicle. "Byung Hoo's absent. Can you check if everything's ready for the interview?" He asked politely. They're getting ready for a special episode of the drama they're working on. The cast will gather for a light conversation about their filming experiences.

"Sure." She stood up. "Studio three, right?" Their floor director's frequently absent these past few days because of a difficult pregnancy.

She brought a checklist of the things that they need for the episode and she was so absorbed in what she was doing that she didn't notice that someone approached her.

"Chu Ga Eul." She turned and was surprised to see the topic of whole network in front of her.

"Woo Bin-sunbae! Annyeong haseyo(Hello)." She bowed slightly.

"Annyeong! Orenmanida(Long time no see)." He beamed and she nodded. It really was a long time. Since Jan Di entered the modelling world years ago, she spent most of her time abroad, thus, not giving her a chance to see the people close to her as well. What would be the reason anyway?

"I heard that you're the new tourism ambassador. Chuka durimnida(Congratulations)." She never thought that she'll see him there. Wasn't the taping of the interview this morning?

"Kamsahamnida(Thank you). Your boss said you are here. We need your help, Ga Eul-yang." He said.

"Excuse me?" She might have misheard him.

*****************************************************************************

"Yobosaeyo(Hello)?" She took the call absently. She was giving the script a final review before she prints and reproduce them.

=Ga Eul-yang.= A deep voice greeted.

"Who's this?" She asked.

=Yi Jeong. You need to come with me. We already found Jan Di. I need you to convince her to come back to Seoul.= He said without preamble. =I'll pick you up at eight, araso(Got it)?= Then the line went dead even before she could react.

Whatdahell? Didn't she tell Woo Bin she won't do anything to betray Jan Di? And they already found Jan Di? Does that mean they're going to Prague? Jan Di just left her a message informing her that she'll be flying to Czech Republic and that she'll be back in a week. They must have found out and she made a change of plans. *Ugh!*