Busan Point Two

Push and Pull of Love and Hate

Yi Jeong's face crashed into hers and she was staring at his forehead with wide wild eyes. She felt real cold and stiff. Then she felt him nibbling her lower lip, urging her to respond. Warmed up, she threw away everything at that moment and closed her eyes. The next thing she knew, he was kissing her like there's no tomorrow and her stubborn arms s through Yi Jeong's neck involuntarily, deepening the kiss. Her very first kiss.

In her hometown.

With the beautiful beach as the background.

The wind blowing their hair gently.

So blissful!

And with Yi Jeong.

Yi Jeong?!

With that, she pushed him away.

***********************************************************************

Yi Jeong didn't realize what hit him until Ga Eul's hand fell onto her side. She slapped him. Slapped him hard. He won't be surprised if he'll go deaf because of it. She made an about face and ran towards the house.

"Ga Eul-yang!" He caught her by the arm as she purposely struggled away.

"I. . ." She was panting. "Want. . .you to. . .know. . .that I. . .don't kiss. . .just anyone! I hate you!" She struggled free but he won't let her. Damn him if he would.

"Ga Eul! Listen to me!" He shook her not-so-gently. "I love you! That's the only reason why I want to be engaged to you!"

"W-what did you say?" Her lips trembled a little and how he wanted to taste those lips again!

He sighed heavily. "Saranghae. I think I would take advantage of any chance to make you mine."

Her eyes sharpened. "Ahjumma was not sick?" Her tone dangerous. He fought the urge to squirm.

"She is." She looked relieved. "But you see, I've been keeping the truth from her 'cause somehow, I would like to think that you really are engaged to me and that someday, I can make you mine." He rubbed off a stubborn tear. He can't believe that he's crying!

"I. . .I don't know what to say." Ga Eul shook her head frantically. "I think it's better if you'll just leave." She walked away from him and he watch her back painfully.

************************************************************************

Her mind was in haze. Yi Jeong's in love with her! At least that's what he told her. But how could she believe him? They've been foes ever since she can remember. Yi Jeong did everything to spite her and she did everything to avoid him. Even Jan Di failed to make them at least civil with each other. Could it be that he just treats her as a challenge 'cause everyone else does everything to please him?

She heard the sound of the car engine downstairs and she dragged herself beside her room's window and tried her best to hide behind the curtain. She saw him look upto her window for a long moment like he was seeing her before he got in the car and drove off.

She didn't know why she have to feel guilty about sending him away. He stole her first kiss for crying out loud! She's been dreaming for the right guy to come along to sweep her off her feet and then like a storm, he'll come and ruin everything.

***********************************************************************

"You are seriously a goner, Chu Ga Eul." Jae Joong huffed angrily after she told him what happened. She didn't just bother him to pick her up from Busan, she also ruined a possible date.

She sighed. "Mianheyo, Jae Joong-sshi."

"Don't Jae Joong-sshi me!" He swerved abruptly that if not for the seatbelt she will surely bump her head on the window.

"I didn't know that you and Ji Yong-sshi are--" Ji Yong's one of Jae Joong's colleague. She met him once she didn't have no idea the good looking guy sway that way.

"I am not mad about that, are you listening?!" He stepped on the breaks for the red light and faced her. It was the first time that she saw Jae Joong that mad and his gorgeous eyes were emitting fire. "You have chance at a relationship but you just let it go like that! What is wrong with you?!"

"W-what is wrong with me? Wait a minute," She was starting to get worked up too. He's supposed to be her friend. Not Yi Jeong's. Why was he so affected? "Why are you so affected?" She voiced the question.

"You don't really understand, do you?" His voice was hoarse, like he was fighting his tears. "Not all people are as lucky as you, you know?" He sniffed. "You can date anyone and be able to tell the whole world about it. Do you know that if the news broke out that Ji Yong and I are together, we will both lose our jobs, our families will disown us, and people will look down upon us? Do you know how hard it is? Do you have any idea?!" He banged the horn forcefully and muttered a curse when a car swerved in front of his. She really didn't know how to react at his sudden revelation.

"Jae-Joong-ah. . ." She started and bit her lip. She didn't know he was going through all that. He was to good in putting a happy facade.

"Just shut up for now, Ga Eul. Sorry if I took it out on you." It was the last thing that she heard from him until they pull up in front of their house. She was too distraught to even notice Jae Joong's gasp. She was about to unlock the front door when she noticed that he was still glued to where he was beside his car.

"Hey, it's cold. Come on in now."

"Ga Eul."

"Hmn?"

"Your car."

"My car what?"

"It's gone." She finally noticed that the parking garage was empty.